Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

My Awful Experience With Police @ Awolowo Street - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Awful Experience With Police @ Awolowo Street (742 Views)

Kidnapper Shot Dead In Ogun State After Gun Battle With Police (Photos) / 3 Armed Robbers Shot Dead During Gun Battle With Police In Asaba. Photo / Enugu Armed Robbers Caught Up In Gun Battle With Police (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Awful Experience With Police @ Awolowo Street by Sweetcollins: 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have been barely one week in Lagos to visit my friend/brother. This morning, l went to drop him at GAT lkeja Airport to board for Abuja.
On my way fro, l reached Awolowo Street, parked by the side to ascertain the right route just before the rail crossing which is one way. I asked the first guy but it seems he was also a novice advising me to ply d one way but (okaghi mu obi), so asked the 2nd guy who told me to go back just then l sighted one officer already staring at me growly. I beaconed on him but on getting to my spot, he change am 4 mi o. Before l say jack, he pulled my front plate number and l wound down by force and angrily followed him to lkeja traffic police station.
After a lot of higi haga and sharp explanation, l paid 2.2k and was then released.

Now the STORYLINE

when l got back to check for the screws and washers to tighten the plate number to my friend's Elegance C-class wagon, lo and behold, A big man with a sleek suv ride approached the police man and l on the spot where l was impounded to ask his way out from the officer just like l did...

The Drama
...The oga(Sarge) of the one who l called went gently, greeted d oga(the jeep is wound down now) respectfully. In ma mind, l was thinking if it was the IG,CP or even DPO but just an ORDINARY big man. I stood akimbo and watched to see how he was going to pull his plate number or even bang his car, but he didn't do pheem.
Last last fellow nairalanders, this Sarge did not only show them the direction, he hopped into the car to show them their way...I weep for this country

My Reaction
I couldn't bear it much, so l asked the corporal with me, y u no arrest that man...is he above the law...is because he looks a big man. He started speaking gibberish mounted a bike and left his duty post for me

Conclusion
In Nigeria, there is no law. We only respect MONEY (fame and power)
Re: My Awful Experience With Police @ Awolowo Street by gabylzy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
na so e easy 2 pull plate number??
which one is higi haga??
come 2.2k means 2naira,2kobo
Re: My Awful Experience With Police @ Awolowo Street by juniorportland(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
thats naija for u

police useless die
Re: My Awful Experience With Police @ Awolowo Street by Sweetcollins: 11:10am On May 04, 2016
Bros Na true story l dey tell u

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Buries Cow Heads, Tortoise In Church(photo) / Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? / Man Rapes Own Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.