Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide (12243 Views)

Petrol Queues Disappear As NNPC Distributes 1.3bn Litres Of Fuel / Fayose Distributes Rice And N200 After Eating N100 Buka Rice / NNPC Distributes 1,194 Trucks Of Petrol Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
kelljuili:
We re tired of same information everyday without any evidence of changes. Imagine despite the rate at which fuel is been distributed nationwide by the so called NNPC/FG,we are still facing 100% scarcity of Enough supply. In fact let them keep their details in their pocket,until there's enough physical Evidence of improvement.

Which draws my conclusion to the fact that, Only Almighty God Can put Nigeria Back on Track.

Well....we are not importing enough fuel for our domestic needs really.

To be honest.....some experts believe that Nigeria needs 70million liters of PMS a day...not the 43 million liters value being bandied about. Even then, our refineries can only supply 17-20million liters of what we need. That leaves 20-50million liters needed for import...of which NNPC is only able to import 38million a day.

We need more refineries.

And we need to remove fuel subsidy so that marketers can increase prices....yes to N150 and above....but they would have enough naira to get enough dollars at parallel market rates (CBN resticitions makegetting dollars difficult) to import fuel
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Garshyzee(m): 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Bleep all dis propaganda....kachukwu wuld say..fuel scarcity will end from next week..all LIES....I STILL DA BUY FUEL FR 160 PER LITR WITH QUEUE...

d question now is DAT,where ar they keeping all d fuell enteri dis goddamn country??

Lemme arrange my bags and fall in Libya joor...
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by udy4real(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
scholes0:
Do the states that receive serve as distribution centres for the states that did not receive anything?

Abeg ask them
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
forget all these announcements and show working.
even if nah 1thousand tankers per state, we go still see queue.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
If true, after 3 days of steady supply, then what? These people are not ready for long term solutions, governing the masses dey hard them pass JAMB question.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by diegwu01: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
otitokoroleti:
48 Trucks for Oyo state that has 33 LGA? Incredible! Even my local government area has over 48 filling station known to me not to talk of those that I dont know.
DO YOU BUY FUEL EVERYDAY? ARE YOU A TAXI DRIVER?
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by diegwu01: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Garshyzee:
Bleep all dis propaganda....kachukwu wuld say..fuel scarcity will end from next week..all LIES....I STILL DA BUY FUEL FR 160 PER LITR WITH QUEUE...

d question now is DAT,where ar they keeping all d fuell enteri dis goddamn country??

Lemme arrange my bags and fall in Libya joor...
STOP THE LIES
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by otitokoroleti: 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
diegwu01:
DO YOU BUY FUEL EVERYDAY? ARE YOU A TAXI DRIVER?
counter my claims with fact if you are 4rm ibadan.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by sanusidabo: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
BREAKING NEWS motorists you warned from now onward any petrol stations particularly those in the outskirts selling the above the government pronounce price. Note never pay them more #86.50 per litre as when you pay any amount than that both you and the fuel stations will be charge to the nearest police station for prosecution.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by jamace(m): 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
I think the citizens can help if only the particular filling stations issued with fuel are named/listed too.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
You loaded today 38million litres of pms. Statistics say Nigerians consume 40million litres/day. So we are already 2million litres short of pms + how many will you load tomorrow and how often?
Abi you will load 38million today, then it'll take 3days before another 38million litres will be loaded
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well....we are not importing enough fuel for our domestic needs really.

To be honest.....some experts believe that Nigeria needs 70million liters of PMS a day...not the 43 million liters value being bandied about. Even then, our refineries can only supply 17-20million liters of what we need. That leaves 20-50million liters needed for import...of which NNPC is only able to import 38million a day.

We need more refineries.

And we need to remove fuel subsidy so that marketers can increase prices....yes to N150 and above....but they would have enough naira to get enough dollars at parallel market rates (CBN resticitions makegetting dollars difficult) to import fuel
Will removal of fuel subsidy mean there will always be fuel? Not realy bro, that's just a speculation. Its like placing our hopes in the hands of the markerters. Collectively under one umbrella, these major oil marketers(MOMAN) have often times decided to hoard petrol so they can press home their demand.
What makes you think they cannot all "gang-up" and make fuel scarce when subsidy is removed? Remember the major marketers are in one Union called moman.
When people liken their case to telecomunications where competition drove down call tarriffs, I just laugh. Because MTN,etislat and co are not under any Union like these marketers. These marketers collectively agree to do things like hoarding fuel. The only way out is to produce a refinery. At the moment dangote rrefinery seems to be the way forward, thus the project ought to be hastened. Subsidy removal to increase competiton amongst marketrs is still speculation. And from past experiences, it doesn't look like it'll work.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by kan12(m): 12:12am On Apr 24, 2016
NA LIE,ZZASU
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by SycophanticGoat: 12:50am On Apr 24, 2016
arduino:

Bros, you don't have to insult me. I bought at #86 and fuel is available. If you but at #150 and above, that's ur cup of tea.

Because you bought at 86.50, does that mean that the other person doesn't know what she's saying? You had the patience to que up at NNPC station to buy at the official rate, do you think every other person has the same patience to que up and buy fuel at NNPC stations? By the way, how many NNPC stations are available in each states of the federation?

From all indications, fuel is still very much not available, so use your head before typing on here! angry
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by onyxo76(m): 1:00am On Apr 24, 2016
same info everyday, fuel is still at 190-200 per litre
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by alizma: 2:30am On Apr 24, 2016
they should give Nigerians fuel and stop telling us how many tankers are carrying fuel to various destinations. Nigerians are concerned about getting fuel not what is distributed.
if they distribute 1,000,000 tank of fuel and yet I can't get fuel at normal price at the nearest filling station, how does the distribution make any meaning to me?
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by playtheblues(f): 4:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Why is fuel still selling at N170 instead of N86.50?
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by DedeNkem: 4:55am On Apr 24, 2016
Repetition of empty words to plant falsehood.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by ugoshevy(m): 4:58am On Apr 24, 2016
arduino:

Please don't comment if you know not what to say!
Even Jos that used to be the hub of black marketers is returning to normalcy. As of today all NNPC stations have fuel and sell at N86.

Chief, so you condemn someone who just praised GEJ, Deziani and blamed this present misfortune on the governance of APC that he has nothing to say. Can u recall the last time we had a scarcity like this spanning for more than 5months without strike action or summoning of the ministers(buhari&kachi) involved to the NASS? Remember this started in some form b4 Xmas, so stop telling us how much NNPC is selling on paper, then in reality here it is diff, like the one I have here which is not even open....abeg, You have to respect everybdy's opinion and stop hoarding the blames due to this present government
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by ascek(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2016
Government is happy to tell us that they have released 1000+ tankers of pms through NNPC. They didn't tell us when to expect the next consignment, because this consignment can't last five hours nation wide
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by hornyman(m): 6:32am On Apr 24, 2016
DMerciful:
Everyday they claim they're distributing over a thousand trucks of fuel yet to fuel! Who's deceiving who. During GEJ era, trucks distribution was not up to this yet fuel was abundant and constant at N97 then N87...what a woman Diezani can do, Buhari and Kachukwu cannot do. Kachukwu even said May but he was pressured to revert to April....so where is d fuel now? APC is a fraud with integrity grin

During GEJ there were same fuel scarcity, and it went from week to month and during this scarcity of fuel, major sectors shut down, banks, GSM operators to mention few and yet GEJ did nothing probably because it happened towards the end of his tenure, fuel was sold for N500/litre. He held on to the payment of marketers which Buhari later paid. PDP was bigger fraud! Diezani does nothing better, she finished Nigeria. So stop this baseless comparison.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by hornyman(m): 6:59am On Apr 24, 2016
arduino:

Even Jos that used to be the hub of black marketers is returning to normalcy. As of today all NNPC stations have fuel and sell at N86.

U are right jor. As of today most stations in my area are compelled to sell at N86.50 and there's fuel. If stations at your end is still selling at higher prices, I think you should make a report. Everything is not the fault of the govt all the times. Most times some people behind the camera are responsible. LOL.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by vivalavida(m): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2016
scholes0:
Do the states that receive serve as distribution centres for the states that did not receive anything?

Been asking same question. How do states like imo and ebonyi now get their own fuel since they arent captured in the distribution data
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Reference(m): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Well....eventually,we have to remove subsidy to ensure that fuel marketers get enough cash to buy dollars at parallel market rates to import.

While we use the savings from the subsidy removal to increase domestic refining capacity.

Of course..there would be an initial increase in prices....but eventually, competition would bring down prices.

Either way...we have to increase local refining capacity.

Singing a new song. I knew you guys will face reality sooner than later. Took a few days off work for family. Went out to queue personally for the first time since January. Got in line by 6:30 am. Bought fuel by 10:30 am. 4 hrs in a queue no longer than 150 metres. Why so long. Corrupt policemen at the gates. Nigeria can never change. Keep the deceit.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by millhouse: 7:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Distribution is only on paper... Half of those trucks get bought by top guys who divert them
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 24, 2016
Reference:

Singing a new song. I knew you guys will face reality sooner than later. Took a few days off work for family. Went out to queue personally for the first time since January. Got in line by 6:30 am. Bought fuel by 10:30 am. 4 hrs in a queue no longer than 150 metres. Why so long. Corrupt policemen at the gates. Nigeria can never change. Keep the deceit.

Beyond your complaining about how bad it is, or how much I am the personification of hypocrisy on nairaland, which is true by the way, I am interested in how you intend to solve the current fuel problem in Nigeria, without building new refineries and without deregulation.

All of which take time, and cannot be done in ten months.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by fagkay57: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2016
NNPC/FG distributing trucks of fuel across the country, I wonder why NNPC in ojo express way in Ibadan is only selling to some special people only leaving the masses in disarray and punishing them with queues under this brutal sun. God have mercy on us in this end time country.....
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by henryutd(m): 8:58am On Apr 24, 2016
I am always speechless when I see news like this. What will that number of trucks and litres do to the demand. I feel pains all over me each day I buy fuel.

At #190? Thought it was a mistake but not. If dollar could settled for 320, I am so sure that fuel will settle for #150.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by DMerciful(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Guy wise up! The scarcity towards election period was political as the marketers fear Buhari will not pay them having said he doesn't know what subsidy is. For almost 5 yrs fuel was constant and you're here talking about few months to election. About Diezani, data speaks so I don't want to argue with emotional people.
hornyman:

During GEJ there were same fuel scarcity, and it went from week to month and during this scarcity of fuel, major sectors shut down, banks, GSM operators to mention few and yet GEJ did nothing probably because it happened towards the end of his tenure, fuel was sold for N500/litre. He held on to the payment of marketers which Buhari later paid. PDP was bigger fraud! Diezani does nothing better, she finished Nigeria. So stop this baseless comparison.
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by DMerciful(m): 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Talking like someone who is not educated in mathematics..... We are talking of the average availability across the entire country and you're talking of a small village. Come to Lagos and see the massive queues at all NNPC stations and others are selling at N150....stop suffering and smiling undecided
arduino:

Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by tsdarkside(m): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
kelljuili:
We re tired of same information everyday without any evidence of changes. Imagine despite the rate at which fuel is been distributed nationwide by the so called NNPC/FG,we are still facing 100% scarcity of Enough supply. In fact let them keep their details in their pocket,until there's enough physical Evidence of improvement.

Which draws my conclusion to the fact that, Only Almighty God Can put Nigeria Back on Track.

bros....we are not self-sufficient when it comes to petrol.....

and that is a fact..............

its either we build atleast 5 more refineries or the situation will not change.....that is a fact......!

we consume more than we produce............

we have 2 clear solutions here!...

1. we reduce our comsuption of petrol and look for other energie-sources.....

or

2.we double the amount of refineries.......but we know now how expensive and time intensiv they are to build now.............

this is realy tricky... undecided undecided undecided

i hope you people understand that even when all the refineries that we have now,all work to 100procent,we will still not have enough petrol....

and every year new generations of nijerians are born.........i hope you understand this facts..!!!!!...
Re: NNPC Distributes 1080 Trucks Of PMS Nationwide by ASL33: 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Thsi kind of news was regular during the military era of Ibb and Abacha. I could remember the radio station annoucing the tanker number, petrol station and address and how many litres to be discharged. Are we in military era again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10th NASS: Akpabio Walks Tightrope As Opposition Swells / Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu / 4,000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.