Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu (12245 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / FG Rejects Lagos’ Offer For Power Distribution Companies / POWER DISTRIBUTION: We Won’t Allow Firm To Operate -Edo, Ekiti, Delta Govtss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
We trooped down to Nepa office at Ikorodu because for the past 2 months every corner in Lagos has been enjoying stable power supply
We residents of Irawo along Ikorodu road Lagos have been spending everyday fueling our generators. We gathered, headed to Ikorodu where the distribution comes from and were told by some staffs there that Dangote, yes the same bully, has paid off their top bosses to fund his ikorodu plant steady power

so they resorted to use Irawo's supply to fuel Dangote as our area is filled with lazy landords who wont complain, Imagine, no landlord association, no nothing, each man to himself.
I am posting here because i am very very angry, in short am fuming and can not even think straight. I spend 1000 naira daily to fuel my small gen, so does everyone around.

My question is, Why will a successful company like Dangote decide to make me pay heavily to fuel his company so he could climb up on Forbes?
for close to 2 months now, that is -60,000 naira from my pocket, Please i need advice before i do something crazy.

Please admin, move this to frontpage please?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Josydaky(f): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2012
Front page pls
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by chinedumo(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
Should anger be against Dangote or the top PHCN bosses that were bribed?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Aug 25, 2012
I think it is called Capitalism
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Acidosis(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
chinedumo: Should anger be against Dangote or the top PHCN bosses that were bribed?

"I just tire"

Instead of shouting "DANGOTE!", why can't you guys lead a protest to PHCN office.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by billante(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
Baseless allegation! Most of dangote factories has its own IPP!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Mandelaguy(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
This is one of the reason for privatisation and unbundling of power in his country,there will no longe be monopoly and unnecessary control by a single body...get it? You guys should protest,and write to your governor to intervene,or any political office holder you people elected,shey na ACN state?
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
In the area I reside,we hardly get 6hrs of light daily.am not gonna blame Dangote for that too.the whole blame goes to PHCN who collect bribe.distribution is always a problem for them.smh!
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by otokx(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
interesting
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2012
berem: In the area I reside,we hardly get 6hrs of light daily.am not gonna blame Dangote for that too.the whole blame goes to PHCN who collect bribe.distribution is always a problem for them.smh!

this is the 4th day here with no blink. the last time it came, it lasted for 6 hours and that was it
till further notice. Thats what we have been experiencing for 2 months now.

In my office, we do have light for 7-8 days straight. Thats how improve light has been all over lagos
that's the cause of the pain.

in this case, this very case, it's dangote's ikorodu plant that is being powered. the staff claim they have no control over the decision made by their boss.
can you imagine that? Somehow, we went with loads of cowards, make we begin break bottle, them no gree.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2012
Lord send me money so that lazy people will yell at my name on front pages of dailies. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by bright007(f): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2012
well..if your allegations are true,then its unfortunate.
My advice for you is to relocate to å better location since you are not å landlord.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
billante: Baseless allegation! Most of dangote factories has its own IPP!
it's d truth. How PHCN allowed Dangote 2 manipulate dem s unexplainable. D truth s out.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
maclatunji: I think it is called Capitalism
#evilsofcapitalism
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by AZeD1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: This is one of the reason for privatisation and unbundling of power in his country,there will no longe be monopoly and unnecessary control by a single body...get it? You guys should protest,and write to your governor to intervene,or any political office holder you people elected,shey na ACN state?
Privatisation doesn't change a thing cos if dangote can pay, a private company will sell to him.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Reaberry(f): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
True..even ebute ikorodu suffers d same rubbish
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by YoursGEJ(m): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
billante: Baseless allegation! Most of dangote factories has its own IPP!

You said most, not all. What if the factory at ikorodu is one of the few that does not have its own IPP. And yet you call the allegation baseless. Please stop flaunting your illiteracy here and make well-thought contributions.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by DANILSA(m): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
Poor u! angry, did I hear u say do something crazy? It is against Ayatolla Dangote? Or Nepa boss? U better park out of that house and go to some better one before ur mouth and front page request go open ur nyashgrin. The landlords should form a union and protest not u, u can only help, not to be at the forefront.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by gentleguy2002: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
hehehe
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by friedrice1: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
Pls. Whenever you write Dangote's name, don't forget to add[b] GCON.[/b]
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by misterh(m): 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
okpara ugo: Lord send me money so that lazy people will yell at my name on front pages of dailies. Amen
Dude, are you for real? It's this kinda of mindset that is pulling our country down! Any means possible as long as you get rich! It's because of people like you that makes Marxism plausible. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by amosy007: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
okpara ugo: Lord send me money so that lazy people will yell at my name on front pages of dailies. Amen
greedy bas.tard
thats why God wnt give u d money

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by onandon: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2012
We haven't had power since Wednesday in my own area(in Lagos) since Wednesday and they only just restored it about 5 mins ago and now it's gone. This thing is traumatizing, when I become a landlord ...... Hmmm Hmmm.. They go hear am.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2012
All hail the mighty Aliko Dangote! If nigeria had such a person as president,nigerians would be sold to other countries for trade.such a greedy son of a gun!
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Konnektions146(m): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
its very possible ,
de truth is dat companies do it, some companies can even have a dedicated feeder from de injection substation ad thus makin it so easy but in a case de company doesnt, den all de resident feddinng from dat feederr where de company is konnekted to will enjoy better power suppply dan de rest.

its far more cheaper to operate with NEPA dan Generator.

OP, its a pity its dis way but u guys should take it easy, PHCN is not small and Danngote aint either ...if u guys make trouble , dey may claim its unfounded and back it up . deere is always an excuse handy for defense anytime.

endure

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by norrisman: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
Sometimes I want to give up on Nigerians cause it seems most of you guys are illiterates! I dislike Dangote because he is one of the people that have ruined you country but in this instance even if he somehow manged NEPA to direct all avialble electricity to his factory (I doubt this is actually possible otherwise Aso Rock wont need generators)he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

He is being supplied with electricity which he is paying for. If he is indeed depriving residents of the area of electricity, you may say he has failed in his social responsibility but definitely hasnt done anything illegal or to be castigated for.

You morons should be cursing your thieving leaders and not a shrewd businessman.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
If true,this is disheartening to the Nigerian cause,why will millions of residents suffer cos of one man?,that is gross wickedness.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2012
Eyaaa...me i dey enjoy light 20hrs a day...kpele oh.u can move over to my area
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by mattsteve(f): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2012
how could u utter and write such bleeping rubbish.d guy merely complained of smth that is bothering and annoying him and u r here begging God for money.personally i think its only a lazy,brianless,sluggish simpleton that wld come to NL to ask God for financial blessing.coz from where i stand,i dnt think that Dangote ever came to nl to ask God or probably fellow nairalanders for money.pls when the elders r discussing and commenting on sensible threads that affects d nation,kids shld sit by shut up. dey talk lyk person wey him brain dey outside d body.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by slightlyMad(f): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
Dangote has a company here at Ogolonto ikorodu, he is using our power to fuel his business

Olowo oshi, dem go say him get money, money wey im dey steal from us.
Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by CeaserB: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2012
chinedumo: Should anger be against Dangote or the top PHCN bosses that were bribed?

Both Dangote and The PHCN Bosses Are Guilty Of Bribery.
If Found Guilty In Court.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Monopolising Power Distribution At Ikorodu by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
Am getting ashamed with the way people yell at Dangote.

Dangote is a PHCN customer just the way you are, so stop disgracing yourselves. You can still make your annoyance known to PHCN top echelon without disturbing us. I am not connected to PHCN today, the day i get connected to national grid, you will wake up to say my connection causes darkness in your area.......mtscheeeww.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court: Faulty Card Reader Can’t Invalidate An Election / PDP Asks Presidency To Stop Hiding Buhari From Nigerians. / Abacha Loot: I Never Asked Nigeria For Extra Pay, Says Swiss Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.