Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? (1138 Views)

Poll: Will You Convert To Islam If The Other Option Is Death?

Yes: 46% (6 votes)
No: 53% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Emir Promised Kano Youth Cars, Houses To Capture, Convert Xtian Girls- Mrs Oruru / Women Gang R@ped In Public And Forced To Convert To Islam / Why Is Death Sentence A Penalty For Drug Peddlers In Most Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by AloyEmeka8: 12:19am On Aug 07, 2009
These three pastors chose to die instead of converting to Islam, will you rather convert in front of Boko haram and live or refuse and die?. Vote pls.

Boko Haram: How 3 pastors were beheaded eyewitness
From TIMOTHY OLA, Maiduguri

Thursday, August 6, 2009
One of the victims of last week’s attack by the Yusufiya sect in Borno State has given a shocking account of how the Islamic extremists killed three pastors who were captured along with other victims on the second day of the insurgence. The victim was among those held hostage in Yusuf’s enclave.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/6/505.html

Speaking exclusively to Daily Sun in Maiduguri, the eye witness who preferred anonymity disclosed that the three pastors were beheaded on the instruction of the sect leader, Mohammed Yusuf shortly after bringing them out of his inner chamber.

“The pastors alongside one Ibo man were asked to change their faith to Islam like they did to other people taken as hostages. I think there was an argument by one of the pastors which gave the others some level of confidence to also resist accepting Islam.

“The Yusufiya men who were armed on that Tuesday afternoon were not comfortable with the pastors and they took one of them to the sect leader in his inner chamber. They came out later to the courtyard within the compound and cut their heads one after the other and thereafter, shouted allah akbar in wild celebration accompanied with several gun shots,” the eye witness disclosed.

He said the hostages numbering about 50 within the area of the execution of the pastors and another fair complexioned man which he could not identify, were gripped with fear as non could foretell the outcome of their stay at the enclave of the fundamentalists. He was however lucky to escape as he was freed in the night with others with a warning not to mix with kafrici (infidels).

Corroborating the account of the killing, a Senior pastor with Good News Church, Wulari Maiduguri Rev. Baba Gata Ibrahim told Daily Sun in an interview that a pastor in his church, Pastor George Orjih was beheaded on the instruction of the Boko Haram leader because the clergy man refused to accept Islam.

“An eye witness who was also captured by the Islamic militants gave us details of how the pastor was killed. He told us they were persuading him to accept Islam and he said over his dead body. He was even said to have preached Christ to Mohammed Yusuf and that reportedly angered the sect leader who then as he ordered that the pastor and others be killed immediately,” he disclosed.

The late Pastor George Orjih was said to have arrived Maiduguri last week from Jos where he was doing his Masters programme in Theology. Described as a fearless, hardworking, and intellectually sound, his care for the welfare and well being of his family allegedly contributed to his capture and eventual death.

“He was mindful of his family and their welfare. He was really out of the house but thought to go back again. That was how he was captured by the Boko Haram before he was killed. It was the very week, in fact the following day he returned from school where he was doing his Masters in Theology that he was arrested,” the senior pastor added.

He urged the government to provide adequate security for Christian in the state.

Also delivering a sermon during the funeral rites for late Rev. Sabo Yakubu, slain COCIN Church pastor, the speaker, Rev Bulus Azi urged Christians to emulate the pastors who were killed because of their refusal to betray their faith. Quoting from the bible in Revelation 7: 9-15, the regional chairman of the church told Christians to prepare to die anytime as their calling demand.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by kshow1(m): 12:26am On Aug 07, 2009
i pity these guys cos no one has ever been to the other side of the divide and come back to tell us if we are doing it right or wrong on earth.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:27am On Aug 07, 2009
I can only pray I'm never in that kind of situation, but if it's God's grace that I am, them I'll rather die than convert to Islam. Question though, what would an Igbo man be looking for in Brono state in the first place.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by AloyEmeka8: 12:41am On Aug 07, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I can only pray I'm never in that kind of situation, but if it's God's grace that I am, them I'll rather die than convert to Islam. Question though, what would an Igbo man be looking for in Brono state in the first place.
Borno is close my brother. Some live in Chad.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by Tudor6(f): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2009
One deluded man forcing another lunatic to follow his own delusions. . .what is this world coming to?
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by timmy7(m): 11:09am On Aug 07, 2009
Ogidi, what would an igbo man be doing in any part of d world? Trust my people they r every where even afganistan and iraq grin
Tudor u don kolo totally grin
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by MrCrackles(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2009
I will rather die than to be forcefully converted to another religion!
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by manmustwac(m): 11:57am On Aug 07, 2009
I remember a story i heard about an english woman who was captured by the Taliban in Afaganistan they made her promise to convert to Islam if they relleased her and she did. You would think that now many years later that she would reconvert to Christianity but she didn't, she even wears the hijab.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by OgidiBoy(m): 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
timmy7:

Ogidi, what would an igbo man be doing in any part of d world? Trust my people they r every where even afganistan and iraq grin
Tudor u don kolo totally grin

My grandpa used to say; If you go to a foreign land and there is not one Igbo man run away as fast as you can because that land must not be inhabitable grin grin I guess granda must be right grin
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by bawomolo(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
manmustwac:

I remember a story i heard about an english woman who was captured by the Taliban in Afaganistan they made her promise to convert to Islam if they relleased her and she did. You would think that now many years later that she would reconvert to Christianity but she didn't, she even wears the hijab.

really. that's funny and creepy at the same time
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by noetic2: 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
Tudór:

One deluded man forcing another lunatic to follow his own delusions. . .what is this world coming to?

what is this ignoramus saying? kiss
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by AloyEmeka8: 4:42am On Aug 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you sure?. Peter told Jesus the same thing minutes before he denied him. grin
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by olabowale(m): 5:50am On Aug 08, 2009
Below is a dialogue between me and a nairalander, just about 3 hours ago. He being a Christian was firm in his position, against Islam. You see, everyone has an opinion based on their experience.

sel: hello olabowale, this is Gods-Son from Nairaland.com
lfhb_maw: God has no son, man
lfhb_maw: but how are you, schal
sehl: wats ur own now?
lfhb_maw: nothing man.
lfhb_maw: 9ja man. na wa 4 u o
sehl: am good
4real: u would have just sed u tripping for my name i would understand
seal: ok
lfhb_maw: God servant I am
sehel: lol
sehal: i'm David from makurdi uu?
sehel: yup we r all God's servnats but he has made us his sons thru jesus christ
lfhb_maw: am Olabowale from NYC.
lfhb_maw: makurdi near lokoja, Kanji Dam?
sel: yup Benue state got it
lfhb_maw: ok
sehel: r u quite familiar wit d ladies
lfhb_maw: what ladies?
sehl: i mean gals
lfhb_maw: i dont go to romance section if thats what u mean
lfhb_maw: everyman is familiar with some thing am familiar with ladies
lfhb_maw: ok girls
sel: oh u understand do u know about dating?
lfhb_maw: am an old man man.
lfhb_maw: i am a muslim too
sel: ok
al: just wanted to ask a question but just forget
lfhb_maw: i am not going to encourage u to do illicit sex
sel: nooooooooooo
sehl: i dont do such
lfhb_maw: u better become a muslim and we will be good friends
lfhb_maw: okay so am listening
sel: hmmmn
sel: lol
sel: muslims so i'd become a murderer?
lfhb_maw: no. I dont murder anyone and am muslim for more than half a century.
sl: muslims r killing pple randomly in northen nigeria just in the name of converting them is dat fair?
lfhb_maw: never committed a terrible crime even as I have spent over half of my life in yank land, with all the crimes around me.
lfhb_maw: north nigeria is not the symbol of Islam
lfhb_maw: Quran and ahadith are
sel: u r not reading the news
lfhb_maw: you should blame the muslims who are dong these things
lfhb_maw: i live in the west and I know the news too man; immediately as it happens.
sel: they came in the name of duri halam dont know wat dat means they destrroyed houses killed thousands of pple in six different states and u r telling me to be a muslim
sl: neva
lfhb_maw: and crime is not part of Islam
sel: ohhh u think i dat naive
sel: how about the suicide bombing the terrorist attackes etc \
sl: u think we dont know
lfhb_maw: u are naive to believe that Islam is all evil
lfhb_maw: the same naivete a man has when he thinks all nigerians are criminals
sel: every one does so dats y muslims r haunted in america and europe
sl: they dont lyk muslims am i lyeing?
lfhb_maw: how about USA, england and all the so called Christian countries killing people with bombs
lfhb_maw: thats a good thing?
lfhb_maw: please my man, thats not a way to argue
sel: i dont know of dat except muslim suicide bombers
sl: JIHAD
lfhb_maw: you see why I said you may be talking out of naivete
sel: I AM definitely not naive ok\
lfhb_maw: Islam is deeper, the evil doers are not truly following Islam when they commit their crimes
lfhb_maw: I hear you. You are not naive
lfhb_maw: sorry
lfhb_maw: lol
lfhb_maw: my son, lets become friend and I will show you the goodness of Islam
sl: but how come most muslims r killers? may be ia m a lil confused lol
sl: noooooooooooooooooooooo
sl is typing a message.
sl: GOodnight its night over here
lfhb_maw: you see, how come most christians are killers
lfhb_maw: Hitler, Mussollini, etc
lfhb_maw: George Bush,
lfhb_maw: First world war
lfhb_maw: Second world war
lfhb_maw: that will be a bad argument
lfhb_maw: Good night my young man
lfhb_maw: its 20 to 10 pm
lfhb_maw: bye
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by timmy7(m): 6:39am On Aug 08, 2009
Chei, abudumohammadins!!! grin so, what's d import of this post
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by Tudor6(f): 7:55am On Aug 08, 2009
noetic2:

what is this ignoramus saying?  kiss
To hit the nail on the head, Look into a mirror and ask this question. . . . . kiss
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by No2Atheism(m): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2009
olabowale:

Below is a dialogue between me and a nairalander, just about 3 hours ago. He being a Christian was firm in his position, against Islam. You see, everyone has an opinion based on their experience.

sel: hello olabowale, this is Gods-Son from Nairaland.com
lfhb_maw: God has no son, man
lfhb_maw: but how are you, schal
sehl: wats ur own now?
lfhb_maw: nothing man.
lfhb_maw: 9ja man. na wa 4 u o
sehl: am good
4real: u would have just sed u tripping for my name i would understand
seal: ok
lfhb_maw: God servant I am
sehel: lol
sehal: i'm David from makurdi uu?
sehel: yup we r all God's servnats but he has made us his sons thru jesus christ
lfhb_maw: am Olabowale from NYC.
lfhb_maw: makurdi near lokoja, Kanji Dam?
sel: yup Benue state got it
lfhb_maw: ok
sehel: r  u quite familiar wit d ladies
lfhb_maw: what ladies?
sehl: i mean gals
lfhb_maw: i dont go to romance section if thats what u mean
lfhb_maw: everyman is familiar with some thing am familiar with ladies
lfhb_maw: ok girls
sel: oh u understand do u know about dating?
lfhb_maw: am an old man man.
lfhb_maw: i am a muslim too
sel: ok
al: just wanted to ask a question but just forget
lfhb_maw: i am not going to encourage u to do illicit sex
sel: nooooooooooo
sehl: i dont do such
lfhb_maw: u better become a muslim and we will be good friends
lfhb_maw: okay so am listening
sel: hmmmn
sel: lol
sel: muslims so i'd become a murderer?
lfhb_maw: no. I dont murder anyone and am muslim for more than half a century.
sl: muslims r killing pple randomly in northen nigeria  just in the name of converting them is dat fair?
lfhb_maw: never committed a terrible crime even as I have spent over half of my life in yank land, with all the crimes around me.
lfhb_maw: north nigeria is not the symbol of Islam
lfhb_maw: Quran and ahadith are
sel: u r not reading the news
lfhb_maw: you should blame the muslims who are dong these things
lfhb_maw: i live in the west and I know the news too man; immediately as it happens.
sel: they came in the name of duri halam dont know wat dat means they destrroyed houses killed thousands of pple in six different states and u r telling me to be a muslim
sl: neva
lfhb_maw: and crime is not part of Islam
sel: ohhh u think i dat naive
sel: how about the suicide bombing the terrorist attackes etc \
sl: u think we dont know
lfhb_maw: u are naive to believe that Islam is all evil
lfhb_maw: the same naivete a man has when he thinks all nigerians are criminals
sel: every one does so dats y muslims r haunted in america and europe
sl: they dont lyk muslims am i lyeing?
lfhb_maw: how about USA, england and all the so called Christian countries killing people with bombs
lfhb_maw: thats a good thing?
lfhb_maw: please my man, thats not a way to argue
sel: i dont know of dat except muslim suicide bombers
sl: JIHAD
lfhb_maw: you see why I said you may be talking out of naivete
sel: I AM definitely not naive ok\
lfhb_maw: Islam is deeper, the evil doers are not truly following Islam when they commit their crimes
lfhb_maw: I hear you. You are not naive
lfhb_maw: sorry
lfhb_maw: lol
lfhb_maw: my son, lets become friend and I will show you the goodness of Islam
sl: but how come most muslims r killers? may be ia m a lil confused lol
sl: noooooooooooooooooooooo
sl is typing a message.
sl: GOodnight its night over here
lfhb_maw: you see, how come most christians are killers
lfhb_maw: Hitler, Mussollini, etc
lfhb_maw: George Bush,
lfhb_maw: First world war
lfhb_maw: Second world war
lfhb_maw: that will be a bad argument
lfhb_maw: Good night my young man
lfhb_maw: its 20 to 10 pm
lfhb_maw: bye

- olabowale is obviously a smooth and deceptive supportive supporter of islam.
- the boko haram killers were following islam.
- force conversion in islam includes and is not restricted to killing, beheading, taxation, harrasment etc.
- islam calls for forced conversion.
- olabowale is lying wen he says boko haram are evildoers considering that Mohammed himself did worst.
- Since mohammed and boko haram did the same things, then it means Olabowale just confirmed that Mohammed is also an evildoer.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by olabowale(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2009
@Timmy7:« #13 on: Today at 06:39:10 AM »
Chei, abudumohammadins!!! so, what's d import of this post
Definitely not abdalmuhammadin, but Abdallah. Muhammad (AS) was also Abdallah, not by father, but his own personal name. You are also Abdallah, except that you are a stiff necked man who is denying his true nature. You remind me of a guy who begins to wear earring, or clean shave the face, religiously. They want to deny their no earring and hair on the face nature. Oh, you miss the point. No2Atheist got maybe 10% of my message. I think he mislabelled me as a smooth talker. Naah. Am just defending my religion, trying to set you guys straight.

@No2Atheism (m): « #15 on: Today at 11:33:09 AM »
[Quote]- olabowale is obviously a smooth and deceptive supportive supporter of islam.
- force conversion in islam includes and is not restricted to killing, beheading, taxation, harrasment etc.
- olabowale is lying wen he says boko haram are evildoers considering that Mohammed himself did worst.
- Since mohammed and boko haram did the same things, then it means Olabowale just confirmed that Mohammed is also an evildoer.[/quote] Mr. no2atheism, you must know how to lie faa, or are good at inferencing through some remote process. Or you are a genie who already came to my home, but then cant read my mind, then turned to another "god" and still unable to read my mind?

If Prophet Muhammad (AS) and his companions (RA) were indiscriminate killers, it would have been unimaginable that any one who was not a muslim can be left to be alive in the height of Islamic authority, extending from the time of the opening of Makka, all the way before the century or two that say the end of islamic dominance in Europe while operating from Spain. Since we could not show that the sword was just going in and out of the nodies of "non Muslims", then your statement holds no merit.

Less than 50 years ago in Ethiopia, the late tyrannic leader "Emperor Haille Sallessi" and his Christian squard, the military gangs of killers, used to wager among themselves so that they can kill muslims by simply for example take opposing positions about what is inside of a pregnant Muslim woman; boy or girl. As they decided and take their positions, they just slice the stomach of the woman and comes falling out is the fetus will the mother fall and dies, along with the baby! Thats the handwork of "Christian elite", and it reminded me of the earlier tyrannical King Pharaoh who ordered that males be killed of the Chilren of israel, while leaving the weaker gender the female to live. You see while one was able to give the order to kill all male child, the other, by being silent and allowing the process of evilness to continue, actually sanctioned the behavior of his uniformed men!

Muhammad (AS) before Islam supported and protected the weak in his community. I think you guys should now refer to what Khadijah said to Muhammad at the event of his telling her what he saw of Angel Gabreil. Finally, Muhammad did not hate anyone, except that God Almighty hates the same person, and you must see here that Muhammad is that Another Comforter by the description of "what he hears he will say or do." Unlike you chickens, the yellow bellies who will not fight for your God, but fight for your personal honors, your not being obedient to God makes you all disbelievers. You will say that you are peaceful and forgive and pray for your enemies, but none of you can turn the other cheek and let go. Look around and tell us which Christian society has ever practiced it?
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by AloyEmeka8: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2009
No2Atheism:

- olabowale is obviously a smooth and deceptive supportive supporter of islam.
- Since mohammed and boko haram did the same things, then it means Olabowale just confirmed that Mohammed is also an evildoer.

Didn't Elijah kill the 400 prophets of Baal in the bible?
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by muhsin(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2009
[size=15pt]NO.[/size]
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by No2Atheism(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2009
Aloy_Emeka:

Didn't Elijah kill the 400 prophets of Baal in the bible?

YES he did   grin whether they are 400 or not is wat i have to check sha.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by AloyEmeka8: 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2009
No2Atheism:

YES he did   grin whether they are 400 or not is wat i have to check sha.

And he did that because those prophets of baal refused to worship his God. What is the difference between what Elijah did from Boko Haram's own?
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by noetic2: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2009
Aloy_Emeka:

And he did that because those prophets of baal refused to worship his God. What is the difference between what Elijah did from Boko Haram's own?

Christians are not commanded to emulate Elijah and kill non-christians. . . .but muslims are commanded to emulate mohammed and kill non-muslims like boko haram.
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by bawomolo(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2009
noetic2:

Christians are not commanded to emulate Elijah and kill non-christians. . . .but muslims are commanded to emulate mohammed and kill non-muslims like boko haram.

hmm is there a part of the quoran that says people should be converted by the sword?
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by noetic2: 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2009
do u live on another planet?
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by bawomolo(m): 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
noetic2:

do u live on another planet?

nah i would like to see this passage though
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

the hypocrisy in this is that the only religion that forcefully tries to convert others at the pain of death is yours . . . islam!
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by SeanT21(f): 5:42am On Aug 09, 2009
HELL NOOO!!

Ever heard of the 3 Hebrew boys??
Re: Will You Convert To another religion If The Other Option Is Death? by timmy7(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2009
Aloy.emeka, i thot Elija and d prophet of baal had a ''bet'' on d mountain of carmel grin
Abdllah Olobowale, tufiakwa!!! I refuse to be an abdllah in Jesus name, amen grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking New : Church Bombed In Bauch ! / Crimes Soar! Kidnapping Takes The Lead, Delta State Is New Haven / See How Police Treat Me Like A Theif *Picture*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.