Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? (577 Views)

DRY LANDS LOCATED IN A FAST DEVELOPING AREA WITH GOOD TITLE...PROMO!!! / Christal Villa, Ikorodu...make A Fast One Today / Help........ Resort Savings And Loans Plc Is Playing Hide And Seek With My Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? by Lasgidy1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello friends,
I have an issue that's been lingering for a while between my landlord and myself and I need contributions and assertions to know if I'm wrong at all.

I stay in a set contained apartment before I got married. And few months before the expiration of my rent, I met my landlord and indicated my interest for a one bedroom apartment in the same compound which is almost at completion level.

We negotiated and reached at an agreed amount but my landlord informed me that he cant complete the 1bedroom now as he's having some financial constraints so in order to help him mop up cash, I decided to pay for the rent of the new apartment even though the rent of my self contained remains 2months to expire.

So my landlord continued with the finishing touch and along the line the money I paid him was not yet enough to get the house ready for me to move in. Then my wife and I kept waiting even though she became angry at some point but I was able to pacify her anyway.

Three months later, my landlord completed the new apartment and advised me to move in but was now informing me that either I balance him for the months I stayed extra in the self contained or he would calculate it from my new rent.

I told him I couldn't agree to that that the delay was from him not me. I reminded him the inconvenience he put my family through. He's currently angry saying he won't give me the new house again and I will have to pack out of the self contained then he will balance me.

We're still on this case but I want to know what professionals in estate management and urban planners think about this. Matured contributions pls

Cc: mods. Please help move this to FP in order to garner enough contributions
Re: Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? by gabinogem(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2016
It is always wise to go into formal agreement when one is getting involve in transactions like this to avoid such mess. However, u need a lawyer(on property matters).
Re: Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? by Lasgidy1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
gabinogem:
It is always wise to go into formal agreement when one is getting involve in transactions like this to avoid such mess. However, u need a lawyer(on property matters).
I never knew the completion would take that long. I though the apartment would be ready on or before my rent expires. Buh from my explanation, do you even think I have a case at all?
Re: Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? by gabinogem(m): 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lasgidy1:

I never knew the completion would take that long. I though the apartment would be ready on or before my rent expires. Buh from my explanation, do you even think I have a case at all?
there's certainly a case. Has he refund the money u gave him for the completion of the apartment?
Re: Who Do You Think Is Playing A Fast One Here? by yoddy(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lasgidy1:
Hello friends,
I have an issue that's been lingering for a while between my landlord and myself and I need contributions and assertions to know if I'm wrong at all.

I stay in a set contained apartment before I got married. And few months before the expiration of my rent, I met my landlord and indicated my interest for a one bedroom apartment in the same compound which is almost at completion level.

We negotiated and reached at an agreed amount but my landlord informed me that he cant complete the 1bedroom now as he's having some financial constraints so in order to help him mop up cash, I decided to pay for the rent of the new apartment even though the rent of my self contained remains 2months to expire.

So my landlord continued with the finishing touch and along the line the money I paid him was not yet enough to get the house ready for me to move in. Then my wife and I kept waiting even though she became angry at some point but I was able to pacify her anyway.

Three months later, my landlord completed the new apartment and advised me to move in but was now informing me that either I balance him for the months I stayed extra in the self contained or he would calculate it from my new rent.

I told him I couldn't agree to that that the delay was from him not me. I reminded him the inconvenience he put my family through. He's currently angry saying he won't give me the new house again and I will have to pack out of the self contained then he will balance me.

We're still on this case but I want to know what professionals in estate management and urban planners think about this. Matured contributions pls

Cc: mods. Please help move this to FP in order to garner enough contributions

Dude I think you are in the wrong. What you have is two separate contracts. One for your present accommodation and another for the new one. The contract on the old one expired. Did you agree on a date to move into the new apartment? Did you agree to keep on staying in the old apartment till the new one is ready for no fee? You Berra go apologize to d man and find a common ground. My one kobo.

(1) (Reply)

Block Of 4 Flats Of 4 Bedrooms Each With A Mini Bungalow At Iju Ishaga, Agege / Buy Genuine Plots Of Land With C Of O In Citypoint Gardens, Kuje Abuja For 3.5m / TO LET: Renovated 3-bedroom Ensuite Flat At Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.