Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! (1100 Views)

Unilorin Students Disrupt Lecturer's Class To Celebrate Nigeria's Victory / Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video) / 24 Funny Pictures UNILORIN Students Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Theanonymous9: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
I'm having a hard choosing a school of my choice. I'm currently a student of OAU but the constant strikes have caused a change in heart, mine and that of my parents. I have, now celebrated two birthdays on the same level/part. Out of fraustration I took this year's jamb. I narrowly escaped the wrong marking scheme as 40marks was later "added" to my score as opposed to my determined 270+.

The current school on my jamb slip just came back from a strike and there's speculation they are headed for one pretty soon.
Change of institution to (be) the rescue!!!
I asked a friend for a piece of advise and he told me to opt in Unilorin. He did mention something about the school being (super)tribalistic seeing that I'm from Edo..and the school's catchment areas exclude that region, it's mainly northern states and the likes of the west.

Story cut short: I have a 230..what's my chance of getting admitted for Mech Engr?
Do they have Unilorin off campuses? Where they use campus lyt?
How's the on-campus?(If I get in, I would really want to spend my first year there)
What's the issue about tribalism?
R there Ibos there? Someone I can rap my lang with/to
How's the skul in terms of everything?
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by olalekan9320(m): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
Theanonymous9:

Story cut short: I have a 230..what's my chance of getting admitted for Mech Engr?
Do they have Unilorin off campuses? Where they use campus lyt?
How's the on-campus?(If I get in, I would really want to spend my first year there)
What's the issue about tribalism?
R there Ibos there? Someone I can rap my lang with/to
How's the skul in terms of everything?
1.u just have to pass the post utme,very important but long leg is more important (talking from experience)
2.I'm even staying off-campus
3.it is not unilorin that supply off-campus electricity,even the light is one day on,three days off
3.I don't know about d school hostel,I haven't gotten in before
4.I can't say anything about tribalism and religion because am not sure
5.there are,even in my dept but not much
6.unilorin is a better by far school, where u need to study hard or else you face "tanke"
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 24, 2016
IFE to Ilorin...Downgrade or Upgrade?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Theanonymous9: 2:11am On Apr 24, 2016
olalekan9320:

1.u just have to pass the post utme,very important but long leg is more important (talking from experience)
2.I'm even staying off-campus
3.it is not unilorin that supply off-campus electricity,even the light is one day on,three days off
3.I don't know about d school hostel,I haven't gotten in before
4.I can't say anything about tribalism and religion because am not sure
5.there are,even in my dept but not much
6.unilorin is a better by far school, where u need to study hard or else you face "tanke"

I really appreciate your comment.

So they don't have co-operative hostels off campus? With constant light and all.

How do u cope staying off campus from part 1? Is there no lecture fixed for 8am or so?

Long leg? grin I know no one there! embarassed
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Theanonymous9: 2:56am On Apr 24, 2016
tottinova, I saw one of your posts on Unilorin 14/15 thread. Were u (later) offered admission?
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by tottinova: 6:56am On Apr 24, 2016
Theanonymous9:
tottinova, I saw one of your posts on Unilorin 14/15 thread. Were u (later) offered admission?

No I wasn't
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Theanonymous9: 7:13am On Apr 24, 2016
tottinova:

No I wasn't

Oh boy! I'm sorry o!

I'm now reconsidering UNILORIN
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by tottinova: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Theanonymous9:

Oh boy! I'm sorry o!

I'm now reconsidering UNILORIN

Pls do
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Donnetimmy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
olatunji21:
IFE to Ilorin...Downgrade or Upgrade?

downgrade cheesy
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Donnetimmy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
Which course are you studying in OAU?
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by olalekan9320(m): 1:00am On Apr 25, 2016
Theanonymous9:

I really appreciate your comment.

So they don't have co-operative hostels off campus? With constant light and all.

How do u cope staying off campus from part 1? Is there no lecture fixed for 8am or so?

Long leg? grin I know no one there! embarassed
in some hostels gen are on in d 9te,,,,have coped to d situation,,,,, if u don't use leg then be ready to accept d course they gave u
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by olalekan9320(m): 1:02am On Apr 25, 2016
Donnetimmy:

downgrade cheesy
that is an upgrade if u don't know
Re: UNILORIN Students...pls Help..oh, and Aspirants! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
olalekan9320:
in some hostels gen are on in d 9te,,,,have coped to d situation,,,,, if u don't use leg then be ready to accept d course they gave u
"Leg" he needs to use leg b4 he can secure admission in your school and you think that is an upgrade... Welldone

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School 2016 Bar Ll Resit Result Is Out-check Here / Will You Burn Your Certificate For $50m? / 2016 Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Essay Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.