Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? (923 Views)

MTN To End Blackberry Services In Nigeria On January 27 / Whatsapp Launches ‘’end-to-end’’ User Encryption / Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? by donmayorgroup(m): 4:37am On Apr 24, 2016
Apple's end-to-end encryption on their phones, has been replicated on Whatsapp. When Apple announced that they will employ end-to-encryption on IPhones, it generated mixed reactions aw people thought it was difficult for law enforcement agencies to carry out criminal investigations, therefore threatening the ability of intelligence and other security agencies to fighting cyber crime and other crimes related to the use of mobile phones.
A visit to Whatsapp website revealed interesting facts and details about this newly introduced encryption.
This is posted as sourced from Whatsapp.................
From day one, we built WhatsApp to help you stay in touch with friends, share vital information during natural disasters, reconnect with separated families, or seek a better life. Some of your most personal moments are shared with WhatsApp, which is why we built end-to-end encryption into the latest versions of our app. When end-to-end encrypted, your messages, photos, videos, voice messages, documents, and calls are secured from falling into the wrong hands.

Security by Default

WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption is available when you and the people you message use the latest versions of our app. Many messaging apps only encrypt messages between you and them, but WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption ensures only you and the person you're communicating with can read what is sent, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp. This is because your messages are secured with a lock, and only the recipient and you have the special key needed to unlock and read them. For added protection, every message you send has its own unique lock and key. All of this happens automatically: no need to turn on settings or set up special secret chats to secure your messages.

So to get your chats encrypted, update to the latest Whatsapp and get secured on the go!
Read more on www.michaeldoosblog.info

cc:
Lalasticlacla, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? by Nbote(m): 5:40am On Apr 24, 2016
It's not jus for iPhones, d end-to-end encryption has also been launched on Android platforms as well..
Re: Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? by Baroba(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2016
Nbote:
It's not jus for iPhones, d end-to-end encryption has also been launched on Android platforms as well..

Even on BlackBerry..
Re: Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? by CallmeKola(m): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2016
The above posters are misinformed.
Re: Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? by Rapsowdee01(m): 10:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Abeg ooo... Who epp me SEE Wizkid voice for that One Dance song with Drake

For the past 2 weeks i don dey find am ooooo
Re: Iphone And Whatsapp's End-to-end Encryption...what's Your Take? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
It's an American thing. I don't've an invention of innovation to make me billions of naira that I'd start monitoring all my emails and text messages to ensure no one can read them.

Americans however, would ensure the government, their cousins and immediate family members can't read their outgoing and incoming messages even if they don't've up to a dollar in their account - a manifestation of their superiority complex.

Personally, this new feature means nothing to me. I even see it as a disturbance.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? / Tecno S9 For Sale(Sold) / Help! My Itel 1702 Tablet Is Malfunctioning After Updating. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.