Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn (24757 Views)

Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano / Nigeria Proposes Jail Time, Fines As It Tries To Bolster Naira – Bloomberg / CBN Fines Standard Chartered Bank N2bn For FX Infraction (2) (3) (4)

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by whisper88(m): 2:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Y
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by gifftson101(f): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
to me I think the fine should also the practice of " Modern Day Slavery" by these banks but especially Zenith Bank PLC.
Going by cruel policy of Zenith Bank, I honestly think that the fine is just too soft.
What do say of a bank who employ people and keep them stagnant for more than 10 years without any advancement. No salary increment, No benefits, No training, No promotion and worst still no conversion.
Ask what their offences are?? just because they polytechnic graduate.
These set of staff handle their cash ( money) which is the core reason for existence of the bank but yet, they are been sidelined and neglected.
I think is high time these staffs come together and started hitting the bank big time.
That seems to be only when they will be remembered.
They say their bulk tellers (Note Counters) don't use their brains and as such not part of the system but say we say they are fool because we have the master keys to sink the bank.
It's all about the money and we know the way around it.
Its only a question of time but these people must cry some day for the pains and hardship they have made us go through all the years serving them. They must Pay!!!!!!.
Thank you CBN......

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by OlujobaSamuel: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
good for the country, but not good for me. I bank with the top 3 of the listed banks. Anyway, I got a report last year am not too comfortable with, so I currently have funds in one, call top up in another, less than one naira in the 3rd. I will not wait for one nonsense bank to make me wake up crying.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by gifftson101(f): 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
to me I think the fine should also include the practice of " Modern Day Slavery" by these banks but especially Zenith Bank PLC.
Going by cruel policy of Zenith Bank, I honestly think that the fine is just too soft.
What do say of a bank who employ people and keep them stagnant for more than 10 years without any advancement. No salary increment, No benefits, No training, No promotion and worst still no conversion.
These set of staff handle their cash ( money) which is the core reason for existence of the bank but yet, they are been sidelined and neglected.
I think is high time these staffs come together and started hitting the bank big time.
They say their bulk tellers (Note Counters) don't use their brains and as such not part of the system but say we say they are fool because we have the master keys to sink the bank.
Its only a question of time but these people must cry some day for the pains and hardship they have made us go through all the years serving them. They must Pay!!!!!!.
Thank you CBN......
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by horsepower24: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
How about Skye Bank that was fined N4Bn for not remitting to TSA

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by bigtt76(f): 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Na the excess CBN de collect so as fines naaa grin

Linzo:
So none was fined for over charging Nigerians above N199/$ official rate on international/dollars transaction, it means CBN is in alliance with the banks to reap Nigerians
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Drabrah(m): 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
scribble:
Dem no fine Gtb for burning saraki evidence

Dat 1 na 'tory 4 nxt yr na
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by etayokha2004(f): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Union, first, diamond banks I stil own u to open an account . All dis sharp sharp bank sef

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by wowdiva: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Linzo:
So none was fined for over charging Nigerians above N199/$ official rate on international/dollars transaction, it means CBN is in alliance with the banks to reap Nigerians
You just spoke my mind.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by poseidon12: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
I know that Stanbic will not be among the law breakers. Decent bank.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by hardbody: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
gifftson101:
to me I think the fine should also the practice of " Modern Day Slavery" by these banks but especially Zenith Bank PLC.
Thank you CBN......

If the kitchen is too hot and you cannot bear the heat, just leave already.....
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by emerged01(m): 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
5starmilitant:
Thank God I don't bank with any of them. Their customers will the ones to suffer it. Na cutlass them go dey use dey cut customers money in the name of monthly charges & maintenance fee

Hmm
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Veektoria(f): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
Zenith bank ? embarassed

I hope my 2k is safe grin grin

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by chidibond(m): 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
emflex:
Moving my cash from UBA to Stanbic
Bro, go take a look at their FYE and Q1 results, despite the fine.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by kuuljay(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
I no talk am!!! Na since last year I don dey see my money miss for bank for inside dream..First think tomorrow morning I don go pack my money comot for GTB and God punish any idiotic customer service wey wan ask me why,

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by kuuljay(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
Veektoria:
Zenith bank ? embarassed

I hope my 2k is safe grin grin
idiot!!! You made me spill my kronenburg over my body in laughter
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by damocool(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
collabo4me:
hmm. CBN is just finding ways of extortionate Nigerians. e. g mtn, now banks, sambo dasuki, stamp duty #50 for #1000 deposits

by june next year the government will come with this package that when u eat twice a day. U Wil pay for eating twice.

This mega budget must be funded either by extortion or which ever way bro...
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
I have accounts with both UBA and GTB! embarassed
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Olawale811: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Good for those banks, it is high time they have to remit some of the money they have looted.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by kenobi007(m): 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
ijustdey:

http://www.punchng.com/cbn-fines-zenith-uba-gtbank-sterling-n3-2bn/

and what does cbn do with dis money? Chai see blood money.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by slightlyMad(f): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
please fine GTb very well.
they have one of the worst IT team.

they role out products without properly testing it.
so it ends up costing you your hard earned money
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by seunfape(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
UBA wont be able to pay such amt o because d bank is poor.hv u ever seen them recruituing degree holder b4 ND is wht they usually go for.30k per month
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
collabo4me:
hmm. CBN is just finding ways of extortionate Nigerians. e. g mtn, now banks, sambo dasuki, stamp duty #50 for #1000 deposits

by june next year the government will come with this package that when u eat twice a day. U Wil pay for eating twice.

Budget must complete, 6tn no be beans.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by 2n2k(m): 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
seunfape:
UBA wont be able to pay such amt o because d bank is poor.hv u ever seen them recruituing degree holder b4 ND is wht they usually go for.30k per month

They already paid. That is why you are reading about it.

It is just that our media are too agressive these days and just scrape non-news issue and repackage it as news. From time immemorial, banks are required to publish any fine paid in a year in their Annual financial statements which are published in the first four months of the following year and distributed at the annual general meetings of such banks.

Our news hunters just got 4 of such accounts that were published early and made news of it. Hardly do any bank go a year without been penalized for one thing or the other. Only magnitude differs. Even in this report, you see that UBA had almost 90% of the total. Last year only Skye was near it.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by whatofyou: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
When will they fine first Bank for charging several of their customers withdrawal fees and other ridiculous fees on savings account? It is a criminal act.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Tinyemeka(m): 12:19am On Apr 25, 2016
I don't know why UBA keeps getting in the news for the wrong reasons.

Their Executive Management needs to shake up senior management. All these issues seem to have escalated ever since Elumelu retired from the managing the bank.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Tinyemeka(m): 12:21am On Apr 25, 2016
slightlyMad:
please fine GTb very well.
they have one of the worst IT team.

they role out products without properly testing it.
so it ends up costing you your hard earned money
How? Kindly explain.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by diva90: 1:28am On Apr 25, 2016
xharlzciprani:
they shouldn't start deducting our money to pay their fine ooh

Get ready cos they will
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by slightlyMad(f): 5:33am On Apr 25, 2016
Tinyemeka:

How? Kindly explain.

the *737 thing when it got launched.
you will make 1 request from your mobile network
your network will credit you once, your account will be billed 2 or 3 times.

funny enough, when you call your bank, they will send you snapshot from their end that says, all 3 requests were successful

the first flaw of the system is that gtb issued tokens were not being used anywhere along the transaction.
if i had keyed in my token when *737ing, and my mobile network had to present this token as a form of auth token
then my mobile network would not be able to claim i made more requests than i actually made.

if they approach your server and show lets say token number 111111
then you process that transaction and log the token, when they come again with 111111
then your server rejects and everyone is safe.

i have lost counts of how many times your ibanking platform ate my money but got no credit back in the days when i used to use it.
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by odomanis: 8:17am On Apr 25, 2016
divinehand2003:
Some banks can be so stubborn.

They feel we are still in the era of the jokers in government.

Keep talking rubbish ! Was it not during your the time of your "Jokers"that bank MD's and Directors were sacked and prosecuted for infractions ?
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Tinyemeka(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2016
slightlyMad:

the *737 thing when it got launched.
you will make 1 request from your mobile network
your network will credit you once, your account will be billed 2 or 3 times.

funny enough, when you call your bank, they will send you snapshot from their end that says, all 3 requests were successful

the first flaw of the system is that gtb issued tokens were not being used anywhere along the transaction.
if i had keyed in my token when *737ing, and my mobile network had to present this token as a form of auth token
then my mobile network would not be able to claim i made more requests than i actually made.

if they approach your server and show lets say token number 111111
then you process that transaction and log the token, when they come again with 111111
then your server rejects and everyone is safe.

i have lost counts of how many times your ibanking platform ate my money but got no credit back in the days when i used to use it.
Very valid points raised. Especially as regards tokenization and authenticating requests. Sorry you got debited several times without service being rendered. I believe the USSD feature was introduced to deliver mobile banking to everyone including those who couldn't afford the cost of the hardware tokens.

I'm sure if they investigated deeper (core IT staff), the bank could determine where your funds went when you requested to purchase airtime using the short code. Kpele.

P.S, I'm not with GTB O. Coolu temper ejoor.

Why Does Bank ATM Swallow Cards? / Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country / Planned Kidnappers Of Femi Otedola Arrested (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52