Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn (24758 Views)

Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano / Nigeria Proposes Jail Time, Fines As It Tries To Bolster Naira – Bloomberg / CBN Fines Standard Chartered Bank N2bn For FX Infraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by slightlyMad(f): 2:58pm On May 02, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Very valid points raised. Especially as regards tokenization and authenticating requests. Sorry you got debited several times without service being rendered. I believe the USSD feature was introduced to deliver mobile banking to everyone including those who couldn't afford the cost of the hardware tokens.

I'm sure if they investigated deeper (core IT staff), the bank could determine where your funds went when you requested to purchase airtime using the short code. Kpele.

P.S, I'm not with GTB O. Coolu temper ejoor.

no point investigating anything, what if airtel or glo or whaeva network decides to be fraudulent,
and make the request at the background without me even requesting it?

or you mean they are big companies, they cant commit fraud?
let them introduce token since networks wont be able to guess a valid token
Re: CBN Fines Zenith, UBA, Gtbank, Sterling N3.2bn by Tinyemeka(m): 5:58pm On May 02, 2016
slightlyMad:

no point investigating anything, what if airtel or glo or whaeva network decides to be fraudulent,
and make the request at the background without me even requesting it?

or you mean they are big companies, they cant commit fraud?
let them introduce token since networks wont be able to guess a valid token
smiley You are strongly playing the Devil's advocate here. Beaten me hands down I see no point in putting up any more defense.
But why would the telco want to expose themselves to that great risk with little reward of hitting customers' bank accounts (that's if it's even possible? *904*amt# is the exception that's got me confused). Customers are bound to get transaction alerts from their bank accounts.

My arguments aside, what do you think about the use of static PINs as against the random ones generated by tokens to Auth transactions? If customers must tokens, does it mean PINs aren't reliable?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does Bank ATM Swallow Cards? / Nigerians In UK Sent More Money To Nigeria Than Any Other Country / Planned Kidnappers Of Femi Otedola Arrested (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.