Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. (14277 Views)

Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning / PROPHECY: Buhari Will Be Distracted In 2017 But Pray For Him – Ogedengbe (PHOTO) / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by MzMercie: 9:51am On Apr 24, 2016
Peritus:
Your mind is the battle ground of your body and spirit. Distraction is not always external, it could be withing one's mind. One can be in the church bodily, but in his mind, he could be in another state or even be fantasizing of his presence in a Utopian world entirely. Every Christian should train his mind to be focused, and to yield to the spirit, not only in church but also while praying.
In addition to the listed, make sure ur mind is firm. You don't have to dwell ur thought on every thing that crosses ur eyes.

True talk, God bless u
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Donjay007(m): 9:51am On Apr 24, 2016
All these things don't really matter... Its all about mind set, i can be in church and still be thinking of how to knack Nkechi go sweet
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Eguagie22(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2016
Teespice:
I don't take my phones to church because it can be very distracting. let the messages wait.

also, sitting with familiar faces can cause distractions as there is the tendency to chit chat.

but what's the spirit behind sleeping once the sermon starts?
same I don't also take my phone,that is one the biggest form of distraction
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by tuzeriouz(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2016
do not seat closer to the sound systems
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by lepasharon(f): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2016
Teespice:
I don't take my phones to church because it can be very distracting. let the messages wait.

also, sitting with familiar faces can cause distractions as there is the tendency to chit chat.

The spirit of sleep has you
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by HirstMOG(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2016
Last2comment:
The part about as seating with your crush grin
What happens when an usher seats you in between your two exes and God touches the pastor to preach on fornication and adultery that day.

I must find way out there whether the usher likes it or yes!!!
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Josephokongwu(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2016
Donariok:
Well, I have noticed most of us don't really pay attention during church services especially Sunday services.
But here are steps to take that can help counter such distraction .

1)Sleeping early on Saturday night.-
Yes, sleeping early can actually be of help. You will definitely wake up early and prepare . sleeping early,will give your eyes/body enough rest and you won't doze off during service. No matter how boring it is.

2)Switching Off your Phones- this one is very common among us. You get distracted by your phone and you just find yourself operating your device during service. Even if you don't want to switch of your phone, you can as well put it on silent and make sure its in your pocket .

3) Seating close to your crush- lol. I know it sounds weird but its the truth . 99% of guys who mistakenly seats close to girls they admire often feel uncomfortable during service. You see them adjusting their trouser every moment. They will be staring uncontrollably at girl and so on.

4)Avoid seating with your friends- Yes this is very common among both boys and girls. When you seat close to your friends during church service, you find out, one talk lead to another, discussion has started . I remember two guyz arguing during service over a Barca Madrid match the watched the previous night lol.

5)Avoid charging your phone in the church- I know most of you won't agree on this, but its the simple truth. When you take your phones to the church for charging, you find yourself always monitoring the phone so it won't get missing . anytime you see someone going to the direction your phone is being charged, you feel very uncomfortable.

6)Preparing yourself for offering - Yes, this very true. Most times, guyz especially, go to church with #1k without changing it, then when its time for offering you see them going straight to the usher bringing out the money for others to see he don't have change. Lol. Dudes like this are always in church to hunt for girls. Lol

7)Going to service late/seating close to the wrong person- most times when you get to service late, and you just entered and seat anywhere out of hurry, and you mistakenly seats close to that wrong dude/madam that didn't brush her teeth before coming to church, oga, you are on your own o . lol, you know the rest

8 )Making sure you are okay before leaving the house- this is common among girls. Some persons won't poo and urinate before going to church. You see most of them running to the toilet one after the other to do their thing. This also involves going to church and not feeling okay . some of them will vomit and sometimes cause a scene during service.

Kindly Add yours. Happy Sunday all, have a best week.

http://donariok.mywapblog.com/8-ways-on-how-not-to-be-distracted-in-ch.xhtml
.... When you sit with your crush.. Hmmm it seems suprising o.. Anyways i will try it..
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by AyamConfidence(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2016
chimah3:
NAIRALAND is a major distraction!!!!

Like if you agree cry
baba i swear...the thing no dey let me concentrate
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by gidimasters(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2016
Teespice:

It Is Evil Spirit
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by MzDaria(f): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
9. Avoid paying offering more than once:

Many chuch are guilty of it

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Pastor daughter wedding offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Generator/petrol offering
Church workers' salary offering
Banner offering
Sick patient offering
Old people offering

The funny thing is there won't be widower's offering or fathers' day offering and you will never see pastor dancing to come and drop offering. Even ushers don't go near them with offering bags as if God said pastors are bigger than offering

After paying all these numerous offering, d day u ask welfare group for little help, they will claim there's no money. The church members are getting poorer and d church is collecting fat money.

That's why me no dey pay pass once in a month. So don't be distracted by d pastor's sermon to pay all ur salary inside offering box.
. HABA!
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by 9jatatafo(m): 10:16am On Apr 24, 2016
2 plots of land booked. Oga Seun Osewa and Lalasticlala should take note and more importantly CAVEAT EMPTOR!
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by FuckDModz: 10:24am On Apr 24, 2016
you never see fresh "yellow" laps that can reset your mindset.
Girls are truly the best creatures on earth!
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by BurnaKing21: 10:35am On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Banner offering
Sick patient offering
Old people offering

The funny thing is there won't be widower's offering or fathers' day offering and you will never see pastor dancing to come and drop offering. Even ushers don't go near them with offering bags as if God said pastors are bigger than offering

After paying all these numerous offering, d day u ask welfare group for little help, they will claim there's no money. The church members are getting poorer and d church is collecting fat money.

That's why me no dey pay pass once in a month. So don't be distracted by d pastor's sermon to pay all ur salary inside offering box.

especially catholic church....SMH
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Controversialad: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Isorite..... Loling in Swahili
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by j1mmy: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2016
What st-u.p.id benefit is church service and not being distracted there? mumu Africans who should be using the pastor private jet money and time to concentrate on their environment, security, communities, family, farming, innovation and education.

No wonder Africa is the dark continent. m-oro-ns: church distraction in 2016?
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by prinsam30: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2016
LastMumu:
I'm hardly distracted in church as I'm highly focused on getting blessed by listening to the words of God. My weakness though is big boobs. I don't know if our ushers are selected by the size of their boobs because all of them have gigantic boobs that distracts me every time they pass by. sad

my guy I'm very sure ur typing this comment right in the church and I can sensed it that ur looking directly to those Boobs
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Banner offering
Sick patient offering
Old people offering

Bros abeg which church do yhu attend??
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Stanleywaxy(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2016
These days ... I always sleep while the service is going on , even when i know that I should go to bed early I'll still be awake doing nothing ... My Sister nearly burst my head today ...
" You too de sleep Mr Man " angry
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by glossy6(f): 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Why the mod no put the question; Are you a
Christian?

YES. NO

If you click yes, it will be in your profile

Jesus is the Son of the Most High & he is the
messiah, one with the Father & the Holy Spirit

Now it is left open for Muslims and even pagans
to post comments.

Inequality starts from NL
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by whitecloth: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

All this things can happen in your church, in my church we don't collect more thank two offering and when its time for the collection the usher goes to the alter first to collect from the pastor before they collect from us.
Am proud to be a Deeper Life member
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
whitecloth:

All this things can happen in your church, in my church we don't collect more thank two offering and when its time for the collection the usher goes to the alter first to collect from the pastor before they collect from us.
Am proud to be a Deeper Life member
Are you taking it personal? I didn't mention a particular church name. I wrote my experience from all d churches I've been.
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by whitecloth: 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Are you taking it personal? I didn't mention a particular church name. I wrote my experience from all d churches I've been.
no bro, not taking it personal o, am just amusing myself and been proud of where I worship God, I've attended more than 6 diff churches before I waka go the deeper life sef.
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by DanielGb(m): 3:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
LastMumu:
I'm hardly distracted in church as I'm highly focused on getting blessed by listening to the words of God. My weakness though is big boobs. I don't know if our ushers are selected by the size of their boobs because all of them have gigantic boobs that distracts me every time they pass by. sad

just like ur moniker. u are a mumu. u are distracted big time with big boobs.
@Signature: same with me o. na hunger dey reveal my six pack o
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by DanielGb(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Your mind is all you need to direct the focus of your body.
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by BackOff(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Last2comment:
The part about as seating with your crush grin
What happens when an usher seats you in between your two exes and God touches the pastor to preach on fornication and adultery that day.

Lol.

Guy! Has this happened to you before?

So hilarious.
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by zyzxx(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
Teespice:

well there are many factors to that, but let me list few that can help
1. Just down the sermon it will help you not to sleep
2. Be fully charge by praying. It keeps your spirit active
3. Dont eat before going to church
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by dbrothers1st(m): 8:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
LastMumu:
Mr, which church u dey attend? Lol......
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by tinyanosa(f): 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
[quote author=RadicallyBlunt post=44987750]9. Avoid paying offering more than once:

Normal offering
Building offering
Church planting offering
Evangelism offering
Missionary offering
Children offering
Widow offering
Mother's day offering
Children's day offering
Needy offering
Prisoners' offering
Microphone offering
Nepa bill offering
Less privilege offering
Banner offering
Sick patient offering
Old people offering

That's why me no dey pay pass once in a month. So don't be distracted by d pastor's sermon to pay all ur salary inside offering box. Na wa Oo
Re: 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. by tinyanosa(f): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
BurnaKing21:

especially catholic church....SMH
please don't judge and men of God for your safety. A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is A True Man Of God? / I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2020; It Is Time To Fly! 7-12th Dec. 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.