Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders (7117 Views)

Igbos Should Not Accept Any Medical Treatment From The Military - Ezeife / DSS Embarrass Ezeife And Pat Utomi In Awka / Ezeife To Northern Elders: Buhari Creating Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by ukomko: 7:26am On Apr 24, 2016
FORMER Anambra State governor, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife has described the recent letter to President Muhammadu Buhari by the northern elders wherein they claimed “short changed” in capital budgetary allocations as “unnecessary”, and arising from their “studied” notice of the dominance of the three zones of the North, especially the North west in budgetary allocations.

He pointed out that “it may be a matter of how much more the North must have, in excess of the south, for the backbone North not to feel shortchanged.” Ezeife, a former federal permanent secretary, in a terse six-­point letter released at the weekend entitled, “Letter to Northern Elders and all Nigerians on the Northern Elders letter to the President” addressed the issues raised by them in their letter, and frowned against the use of Ambassador Maitama Sule, who he described as “ symbol of One Nigeria from the deep North,” as a signatory.

He queried why they did not use “Dr Junaid Mohammed the irredentist deep Northerner, who appears to be disdainful of other Nigerians” instead for the hatchet job. He saluted their courage in pointing out some of the critical negative factors responsible for the rapid decline of the Nigerian economy (the collapse of the Naira, serious loss of values in the stock market, the unprecedented high level of suffering of the Nigerian people etc), adding that the letter also implies the inaccessibility of the president for advice by those who should know.

While further x-­raying the letter, he agreed with their call for “immediate establishment of an economic management team;; raising the ‘quality of advice and support the president requires,’ and for him to conclude the appointment of key officers and advisers,” adding, however, that they forgot to remind the president that “these officers may not all be available from Daura or even Katsina.”

He further praised them for noting the “evident weakness and gaps in skills, competences, experience and (even) integrity,” for believing the allegations “that Boko Haram still has substantial presence in many areas near Maiduguri and other towns and villages,” and for expressing doubt about “quality of intelligence, and leadership of the Armed Forces,” urging the president to handle their advice with the urgency it deserves, having come from a friendly direction.

On the claim of southern dominance in recurrent expenditure, Ezeife explained that not all recurrent expenditure is personnel emolument. It includes, according to him, operational and logistics cost of governance, citing the president’s foreign trips, “contributions to OIC and to Saudi-­sponsored anti-­terrorism fund;; payment for power, fuel, stationery, etc.”

He challenged their posturing of being the “backbone of the Buhari administration, informing them “that the backbone of anything, or body, or an administration should be an asset, not a liability or a leakage.”

“The North takes by far, more than it contributes to the coffers of Nigeria. Neither in funding or expertise, can it be said that the North is the backbone of a Nigerian government. Or did they mean that the North voted most for Buhari? That was in the past, even if it is the truth. What about the West, from which Buhari is not?” Commenting on their recommendation that the president should bring the ‘full weight of the law on IPOB, (Indigenous People of Biafra) he demanded that it should be “full weight of respect for court decisions, human rights, rights to self-determination, which the United Nations has removed from the internal affairs of a state, etc.” “Answering some of the issues raised in the elders’ letter is like chasing rats while the house is burning.

The Fulani North does have the right to, and should advise their son, on winning ways: in politics, economics and social relations,” he summarized.

The elder statesman urged the northern elders to advise the president on the neglect of the South-­east and the promotion of Biafra. He accused the president of taking actions that make “non-­pretenders in the South-­east feel exposed to gross inequity, injustice as unfairness;; marginalization, discrimination, as not being seen as full-fledged Nigerian nationals, or not qualified to hold the highest office in the land.”

He listed some of these actions as not including a South-east person in his first 40 appointments, the withdrawal of the appointment of an easterner at NIMASA three days after announcement, failure to appoint a South-­east person to even the sixth and least protocol position in government, in a six geo-political zone structure;; not one Igbo person is in the National Security Council, spilling the blood of eastern youths at Aba, Onitsha and many other places, and disrespect for rule of law by keeping Nnamdi Kanu in detention despite court orders for his release on bail.

Others include undisguised hatred for the Igbo, and the repugnant case of security agencies arresting and detaining 76 youths who tried to repel the rampaging Fulani herdsmen from their farms, among others.

He said: “This is what Biafra is all about – a reaction to unfairness, injustice, iniquities, and inequities against the South-­east by the president.”

He further accused the DSS (Department of State Services) of ethnic bias and being the power behind the Fulani herdsmen. “This impression became stronger after their unsubstantiated allegation of a shallow grave in Abia State. It is not in the long interest of Nigeria, nor the Fulani in Nigeria, that the herdsmen maraud Nigeria, rampaging, raping, killing, sacking farmers and taking over their farmlands. He kicked against the grazing bill currently on the floor of the National Assembly, warning that “we should not institute a permanent conflict through the bill if passed into law.” Concluding, Ezeife observed that those who need Nigeria most are toying with her survival, adding that the nation has so far failed in living up to its manifest destiny. He therefore, stated that Nigeria has no basis for continued existence, unless it can become a totally changed country.

http://biafrasay.com/p/320564/ezeife-to-northern-elders-buhari-creating-biafra

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by kettykin: 7:33am On Apr 24, 2016
I disagree

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Prince081: 7:39am On Apr 24, 2016
Well Spoken. Waiting for the reaction of the Zombies.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Austin4lif: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2016
kettykin:
I disagree
zombie

29 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 24, 2016
The matter is getting more serious everyday.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2016
Concluding, Ezeife observed that those who need Nigeria most are toying with her survival

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by fulanmafia: 8:05am On Apr 24, 2016
Baseless pile of *** from a greying iPod.

The fact remains that the SE played itself into political irrelevance with its politics of hatred and bigotry. Instead of making efforts to build bridges with other regions to strike political alliances, and make amends with other Nigerians that they insulted and derided during the last elections because of the IB, they are waiting cap in hand for appointments they said they never needed from the Amala/Tuwo party. Dem go wait tire.

The other fact remains that the North IS the political backbone of Buhari's administration. As for the economic backbone that Ezeife mentioned, that title currently belongs SOLELY to the South South. Ezeife should know everyone is aware that the SE also takes more from Nigeria than it contributes, like the rest of the regions.

As for NK, he should face his trial for treason and if he's innocent, he can crip walk back to Nnewi.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by loopman: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2016
The core north and the SE will always put Nigeria on the precipice. I think it's time we dissolve this country or make another arrangement on how we want to live together as Nigerians. The present arrangement comes with too much mutual suspicion that is unhealthy for nation building.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Caseless: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2016
Trashy trash!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by loopman: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2016
fulanmafia:
Rubbish from greyed iPod.

The fact remains that the SE played itself into political irrelevance with its politics of hatred and bigotry.

The other fact remains that the North IS the political backbone of Buhari's administration. As for the economic backbone that Ezeife mentioned, that title currently belongs SOLELY to the South South. Ezeife should know we are aware that the SE also takes more from Nigeria than it contributes, like the rest of the regions.

As for NK, he should face his trial for treason and if he's innocent, he can crip walk back to Nnewi.

Oga, you are the one saying a whole lot of rubbish here.
I'm not Igbo, but there is a whole lot more of truth in Ezeife letter, albeit painful truth.
Nigeria is simply not working under this government.
Buhari is not adding any value, but he is still endangering many jobs with his policies

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by HammerTheirPapa(f): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2016
yorubas from the zombie establishment will attack Ezeife instead of facing the north.

They'll be like; "How dare you write to our master"

yorubas fighting for the fulani since 1 AA (After Afonja).

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by loopman: 8:14am On Apr 24, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
yorubas from the zombie establishment will attack Ezeife instead of facing the north.

They'll be like; "How dare you write to our master"

yorubas fighting for the fulani since 1 AA (After Afonja).
Shut the hell up there! I'm a Yoruba guy and I have very little reservations about Ezeife.
Tackle the message and don't drag Yoruba into this.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by cybernaut(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2016
i swear dis time again 2 God Of Chukwu Okike Abima Evrybody In Nigeria Wil Free D Heat Biafra Or Die No Doubt.D Ogwunigwe Of 1960's Is Quite Difference 2 Ogwunigwe Of 2016 And Above.We Are Waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Progressive01(m): 8:16am On Apr 24, 2016
He challenged their posturing of being the “backbone of the Buhari administration,
informing them “that the backbone of anything,
or body, or an administration should be an
asset, not a liability or a leakage.”
Now, see this:

Igbos are the backbone of my presidency.
This statement was made by Jonathan in september 2014.

Now, did I hear someone ask where this man was when the statement was made??

Did I just hear someone call him a hypocritical old fool??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by HammerTheirPapa(f): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2016
loopman:

Shut the hell up there! I'm a Yoruba guy and I have very little reservations about Ezeife.
Tackle the message and don't drag Yoruba into this.

Who do you support Ezeife or the fulani leaders? grin

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by fulanmafia: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2016
loopman:

Oga, you are the one saying a whole lot of rubbish here.
I'm not Igbo, but there is a whole lot more of truth in Ezeife letter, albeit painful truth.
Nigeria is simply not working under this government.
Buhari is not adding any value, but he is still endangering many jobs with his policies

My friend if you cannot logically counter any of my assertions like I did Ezeife's, you'd better keep shut and avoid my mentions.

Nobody has time for baseless emotional babble.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Dollyak(f): 8:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Can you provide a more credible source so this can hit the front page? Biafran source are full of propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by fulanmafia: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
Now, see this:

Not just a hypocrite but lying relic of the biafran war. He fraudulently gave the impression that the North is the only region that takes more than it contributes to the national purse, like everyone does not know that the SE is reliant on oil revenue.

When they were called the backbone of GEJ's presidency they were gloating like overfed peacocks while they were being tricked into believing the IB was converting their region to Japan, now they have been told the stark truth and they are squealing like famished piglets.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by ukomko: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
Now, see this:

Bring up a link to prove or shut your fingers down

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by vedaxcool(m): 8:28am On Apr 24, 2016
Another blind man who never saw anything bad happening during the years of the locust

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by ukomko: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2016
Dollyak:
Can you provide a more credible source so this can hit the front page? Biafran source are full of propaganda

If you can't believe that source then forget your frontpage, i don't want your frontpage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Dollyak(f): 8:32am On Apr 24, 2016
[b][/b]
ukomko:

If you can't believe that source then forget your frontpage, i don't want your frontpage.
Credibility matters i am afraid. Have a good day

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by ukomko: 8:35am On Apr 24, 2016
Dollyak:
[b][/b]
Credibility matters i am afraid. Have a good day
Are u reading this from the frontpage?
Or does this look like a lie?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Progressive01(m): 8:35am On Apr 24, 2016
ukomko:

Bring up a link to prove or shut your fingers down
Oya, eat and be satisfied. 247ureports.com/igbo-is-the-strongest-pillar-of-my-administration-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by ukomko: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
Oya, eat and be satisfied. 247ureports.com/igbo-is-the-strongest-pillar-of-my-administration-jonathan/

While presenting President Goodluck Jonathans’ address, his representative, Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo expressed profound gratitude to Igbo for,”being the greatest pillar of support to my person and administration. My administration have taken cognizance of the unalloyed support of the Igbo. Igbo is the ethnic group that has supported my administration greatly and I promise that it will not be taken for granted”.

Comprehend well

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Okanokan(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2016
Well Marshalled out point by Dr Ezeife that will be difficult for Leaders and Elders of NEF to sweep under the carpet. However, what of other Southern Leaders and Elders, what are thier reaction to the onslaught against the south? Or are they coward? Or scared of the Rat Chaser!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Dollyak(f): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2016
ukomko:

Are u reading this from the frontpage?
Or does this look like a lie?
Well I do agree with all the point.
1. I agree that proportionately, core northerners get the most and contribute the least. I.e It's criminal how kaduna gets more funds than Oyo state.
2. The deliberate marginalisation of SE being the root cause of biafra agitation is also absolute. Though, I blame the selfish elders in Igbo land who are not strategic but only cares about their wallet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Progressive01(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2016
ukomko:

While presenting President Goodluck Jonathans’ address, his representative, Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo expressed profound gratitude for,to Igbos for ”being the greatest pillar of support to my person and administration.”

Comprehend well
What did you say?? What do I need to "comprehend well" mr

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by EmeeNaka: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2016
I really want to serve in Jigawa in peace.
I think it's high time the SE leaders stop replying Northern leader when they are not addressed in their letter.
Buhari is the president of Nigeria.
The SE leaders should also write to Buhari and explain all they want. The North can claim anything or advise as they wish. It is the duty of the SE leaders to also claim anything and advise as they wish.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by ukomko: 8:53am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
What did you say?? What do I need to "comprehend well" mr

I am the pillar.... and
You are the pillar.

Both are not the same

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Creating Biafra-Ezeife to Northern Elders by Dollyak(f): 8:55am On Apr 24, 2016
For the usual suspects complaining about "“The North takes by far, more than it contributes to the coffers of Nigeria".
This statement was made in proportion to other regions and if you disagree let's trash it out. In economic balance the core Northern state has the most negative quotient. In other words they get wayy more than they contribute with respect to other regions. What SE get is a fraction of what the core northerners get.

(The middle belts are not core northerners.)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo 2016: Sheriff Faction Moves Primary Election To Ibadan / Lagoscian::: Enough Is A Enough To This Man (pics) / Abia Central: Uncertainty Over Removal Of Onuigbo As APC Senatorial Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.