Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities (21964 Views)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha / Babangida Honored By Oba Of Lagos For The Completion Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / Ex-president Jonathan Honoured By Two Californian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by auntysimbiat(f): 10:59am On Apr 24, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-h8S__AlpE9c/VxyWhArnZuI/AAAAAAAI-Ms/deIs068Qdbg8l8qHU0Kf1BZHai66Ri5jQCKgB/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
On Saturday the 23rd of April, in Antioch, California, President Goodluck Jonathan was honoured by the cities of Antioch and Lathrop for promoting peace and democracy in Africa.
At the award ceremony, the mayor of the city of Antioch, Mayor Wade Harper, expressed his admiration for Jonathan and declared that the city of Antioch, California was proud of his legacies, especially his act of overseeing free, fair and conclusive elections and leaving the scene when the ovation was loudest.

He recommended Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's behavior to other leaders. Former President Jonathan, who was represented by Mr. Reno Omokri, gave a goodwill message to the two cities that had gathered to honor him as well as to the Nigerian community in the Bay Area of California. Dr. Jonathan said he was "proud of Nigerians in the diaspora and more so of Nigerians in the US and even more so of the Nigerian diaspora in California."

Continuing, the former President said Nigerians in the diaspora were an asset to Nigeria who remitted over $20 billion home annually, "much more than the World Bank, IMF and foreign direct investment."

Dr. Jonathan ended by saying he was proud of diaspora Nigerians and tried to show his appreciation for their support of Nigeria by ensuring that during his time in office at least three direct flights were initiated between America and Nigeria to ease travel and reduce costs for travelers to Nigeria.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-h8S__AlpE9c/VxyWhArnZuI/AAAAAAAI-Ms/deIs068Qdbg8l8qHU0Kf1BZHai66Ri5jQCKgB/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
(Representative of former President Jonathan, Reno Omokri, receiving an award from Mayor of Antioch, Wade Harper)

[img]http://3.bp..com/-3hcLVgCQ_N4/VxyWiDSXKHI/AAAAAAAI-Mw/CFPWP54ehoIZUbPEPAOBavnUaKZ35eZSgCLcB/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
(Representative of former President Jonathan, Reno Omokri, presenting Dr. Jonathan's goodwill message)

[img]http://1.bp..com/-wllJD655mGg/VxyWi1SqVnI/AAAAAAAI-M0/BE6M-dzYpEUic92vg2Z765RYb0QFIR8VQCLcB/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

(Representative of former President Jonathan, Reno Omokri, receiving an award from the rep. of the mayor of the city of Lathrop, Council man Paul Akinjo)

Jonathan;s Goodwill message to the Cities of Antioch and Lathrop
I send this message of goodwill to the Nigerian community in the Bay Area of California who have gathered at Open Heavens Community church to celebrate with me as I am honored by the cities of Antioch and Lathrop. I had planned to be there. Indeed I had concluded travel plans. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control I could not make the trip.

I have always been proud of Nigerians in the diaspora and more so of Nigerians in the US and even more so of the Nigerian diaspora in California. Some of you may recall that upon my ascension to the office of President on May 6th, 2010, one of my first acts was to open up a Facebook page to personally interact with Nigerians.

In June 2010, a diaspora Nigerian from the Bay Area of California informed me on my Facebook page of an abandoned building belonging to Nigeria in San Francisco and I dispatched our then ambassador to that city to claim the property and renovate it.

Hopefully, the building may again host a consulate as it once did in the 80s. The point I am trying to make is that I have been communicating with you and I see you as an asset to Nigeria that makes me proud. Elsewhere, I have mentioned that aside from oil, diaspora Nigerians are the single largest source of capital inflow into Nigeria. In my last year as President you remitted $21 billion home. Much more than the World Bank, IMF and foreign direct investment. My people, you are an asset to your fatherland.

Because of the importance with which I held you, my administration facilitated direct flights to Nigeria from the US to Nigeria. We ensured no less than three airlines fly direct between Nigeria and the US including one from Houston to Lagos for the benefit of those of you from the West Coast.

We also ensured that Enugu airport was upgraded to an international airport and I recall that a number of diaspora Nigerians from the US boarded the inaugural Ethiopian airlines flight that landed there in August of 2013. Again let me say that I appreciate the Nigerian community in the Bay Area.

I would also want like to thank Mayor Wade Harper and the council members of the city of Antioch for choosing to honor me for my efforts in promoting democracy. I am indeed humbled by their thoughtfulness in recognizing our modest efforts. I also wish to express my gratitude to the city of Lathrop and its mayor and council for also deeming it fit to recognize our efforts.

I wish I could be there in person, however, I have asked Reno Omokri to represent and I am with you in spirit. Thank you and may God bless Nigeria, may God bless California, may He bless the cities of Antioch and Lathrop and my God bless you.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria 2010-2015

Source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/04/former-president-jonathan-honored-by.html

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by DonMaxxy(m): 11:01am On Apr 24, 2016
I have the following to say about this man:
"the path of the just is like morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of the day" (cf. Prov. 4: 18).

"...A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house" (cf. Mk. 6: 4).

When his creator will call him after a ripe old age; the epitaph on this man's tomb will read:
"Here lies a man who killed his own will that his people will not be killed"

You know whom I am talking about right? If you dont know the man, go to Otuoke in Bayelsa and ask them about their son who occupied Aso Rock for five years.

221 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by auntysimbiat(f): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2016
Congrats

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 24, 2016
the oyibos want us to grow but our problems r made in Germany grin grin

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by ShowYourCertificate: 11:10am On Apr 24, 2016
Some people will loose sleep over this grin

135 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2016
GEJ don't take all the world Awards biko..Free Some for me na..

God Bless GEJ

Happy Sunday Nairalanders

159 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Orjioorji(f): 11:45am On Apr 24, 2016
God bless Jonathan the saviour of Nigeria that was rejected by enemies of good things

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 24, 2016
Jonathan why are u winning all the awards naw...??

Dont b like Barcalothieves dat are giving penalties to Suarez, which I dont know why??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by yarimo(m): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2016
Mtchew nonsense so GEJ has improved peace in the north east when he was president?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Pidggin(f): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2016
grin Another award for the only true Democratic president of Nigeria

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by okosodo: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2016
But they called him clueless

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by auntysimbiat(f): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
[size=1pt]Bro lalasticlala[/size] Happy Sunday...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Monimatic(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
[size=15pt] grin grin grin
God bless u Oga Jonah
Zombies will not sleep today
Who God has blessed (GEJ), No man or zombie can curse

100 likes for GEJ
[/size]

280 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by vedaxcool(m): 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
may God bless their cities with the type of governance GEJ bestowed upon us.amen grin

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by vedaxcool(m): 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
Monimatic:
[size=15pt] grin grin grin
God bless u Oga Jonah
Zombies will not sleep today
Who God has blessed (GEJ), No man or zombie can curse

100 likes for GEJ
[/]
Yet the only impact he made on your life is the 100 likes you hope to get from individuals who don't know better. While GEJ is busy pouring likes on his children in the form of 100s of millions on them. how pathetic life can be praising a man who didn't give a shiiit about your future.

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by BAILMONEY: 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
dtruthis:
the oyibos want us to grow but our problems r made in Germany grin grin
YOU MEAN WEST GERMANY

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by OLADD: 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
yarimo:
Mtchew nonsense so GEJ has improved peace in the north east when he was president?

Redirect your kolo-mentality to the sitting president who refused to negotiate with Boko haram at the peripheral stage of the insurgency when he was nominated as the only trusted negotiator by the sect. If he had done so (just the way Obj did) maybe we wouldn't be where we are today. After completing the bend, you can then make a detour by venting your anger on northern elders who are playing politics with the lives of their fellow countrymen and women. Leave Jonathan out of it. OK?

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by yarimo(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ok sir, Jonathan nairaland spoke person has spoken Lobatan
OLADD:

Redirect your kolo-mentalism to the sitting president who refused to negotiate with Boko haram at the peripheral stage of the insurgency when he was nominated as the only trusted negotiator by the sect. If he had done that (just the way Obj did) maybe we wouldn't be where we are today. After completing the bend, you can then make a detour by venting your anger on northern elders who are playing politics with the lives of their fellow countrymen. Leave Jonathan out of it. OK?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
[size=16pt]Zombie Nigeria youths that praise a leader who made Nyesom Wike Minister of Education,built no refinery,provided no portable water,had no single corruption case brought before court because stealing was'nt corruption,left majority of the roads as deathtraps,bought Nigeria 19th century trains and could not bring power to exceed 5000MW after 6 years.
In the land of the blind,corrupt this is who they consider a role model and hero,yet you wonder why africans are viewed as monkeys.[/size]

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by youngeagle(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
You never know what you have until you loose it,Greatness has always bn your footstool...God bless you and me my mentor GEJ.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Emmysteve(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
Another sleepless pill dole out to the zombies.

GEJ my Hero, Fayose My role model

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Kufie(m): 2:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
Uh oh, this won't be a good day for some people

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by rozayx5(m): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
grin

watch as the the zombies play down this one and shout sai baba grin grin

one year later . what has their lord and saviour and achieved grin cheesy grin

chain my foot

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by SeverusSnape(m): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
Zombies won't like this.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by iiichidodo: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
F**k Buhari...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Sijo01(f): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Congratulations to him.
Gej always been/being awarded
Booohari always traveling
Wailers always wailing
Zombies always zombies cheesy
Fuel always out of reach
Electricity always out of reach

Which way naija.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by ebhohimimen(m): 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ride on God av blessed u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by chesterlee(m): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
GEJ...

The man....The Legend!

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by bright007(f): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
Zombies won't like this news

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship / JUST IN: Heavy Security Men Armed Men Arrive Lekki Toll Gate (PIX) / Restructuring: Politicians Gather In Awka To Discuss The Future Of Nigeria (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.