Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities (21983 Views)

South African Investors Arrive Owerri After Jacob Zuma Was Honored By Okorocha / Babangida Honored By Oba Of Lagos For The Completion Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / Ex-president Jonathan Honoured By Two Californian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by erekoshe: 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
yarimo:
Ok sir, nairaland grandpa has spoken

Why are you so mean? Were u abused a s a child??
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by yarimo(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
Please look for sense or I won't reply you again ok ok tongue
erekoshe:

Why are you so mean? Were u abused a s a child??
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by erekoshe: 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
yarimo:
Please look for sense or I won't reply you again ok ok tongue

Please keep quiet so people you think you got wise.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by danla44(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hahaha....... Nigerian are cursing you while others state in America that don't know you are honouring you. Do you think the 18,000,000 Nigerian that voted you out are stupid. Common Jona wake up. grin[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nusaf: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
I don't have time to read that long story but what exactly was he honoured for? Just asking.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by SirShymexx: 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
jojothaiv:

Life is full of surprises and your comment is surprising in that we tend to assume stuffs without necessarily finding it out....

Cheers... Nothing personal though...

Nothing personal as well. It is just about calling out an utter failure who has blood on his hands, robbed millions of people a good life and part of the sovereign wealth, and was a curse.

There's nothing to find out here...once you donate money to small counties, they'll give you an award for recognition. It is basically like donating or volunteering at local councils in the UK. I honestly don't know what he needs the lousy awards for tbh. If I were in his shoes, I would go ghost and enjoy the loot. But I guess he's too dumb to realise that no one cares about his existence.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by banio: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
BAILMONEY:
YOU MEAN WEST GERMANY

Do U want to mock me?. I will Chinese ur mouth!

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Austin4lif:
blame the northern leaders and the religion of peace. GEJ never wrote any religious book.

Prophet Jeremiah must have been passing through Nigeria when he made his prophesy on Jer 1:14 grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by IRserveMyComent(f): 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
vedaxcool:

Yet the only impact he made on your life is the 100 likes you hope to get from individuals who don't know better. While GEJ is busy pouring likes on his children in the form of 100s of millions on them. how pathetic life can be praising a man who didn't give a shiiit about your future.
Go and wail in your room bro. Sorry your bubu cant garner as much as that likes. Its not his fault that he requested for 100 likes and they gave him 200plus. Deal wit is bro.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by IRserveMyComent(f): 7:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
SirShymexx:

Nothing personal as well. It is just about calling out an utter failure who has blood on his hands, robbed millions of people a good life and part of the sovereign wealth, and was a curse.

There's nothing to find out here...once you donate money to small counties, they'll give you an award for recognition. It is basically like donating or volunteering at local councils in the UK. I honestly don't know what he needs the lousy awards for tbh. If I were in his shoes, I would go ghost and enjoy the loot. But I guess he's too dumb to realise that no one cares about his existence.
You think is all about donating money? Oya go and donate and know if anyone will talk to you. Bad belle
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by InvertedHammer: 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-h8S__AlpE9c/VxyWhArnZuI/AAAAAAAI-Ms/deIs068Qdbg8l8qHU0Kf1BZHai66Ri5jQCKgB/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
On Saturday the 23rd of April, in Antioch, California, President Goodluck Jonathan was honoured by the cities of Antioch and Lathrop for promoting peace and democracy in Africa.
At the award ceremony, the mayor of the city of Antioch, Mayor Wade Harper, expressed his admiration for Jonathan and declared that the city of Antioch, California was proud of his legacies, especially his act of overseeing free, fair and conclusive elections and leaving the scene when the ovation was loudest.

He recommended Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's behavior to other leaders. Former President Jonathan, who was represented by Mr. Reno Omokri, gave a goodwill message to the two cities that had gathered to honor him as well as to the Nigerian community in the Bay Area of California. Dr. Jonathan said he was "proud of Nigerians in the diaspora and more so of Nigerians in the US and even more so of the Nigerian diaspora in California."

Continuing, the former President said Nigerians in the diaspora were an asset to Nigeria who remitted over $20 billion home annually, "much more than the World Bank, IMF and foreign direct investment."

Dr. Jonathan ended by saying he was proud of diaspora Nigerians and tried to show his appreciation for their support of Nigeria by ensuring that during his time in office at least three direct flights were initiated between America and Nigeria to ease travel and reduce costs for travelers to Nigeria.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-h8S__AlpE9c/VxyWhArnZuI/AAAAAAAI-Ms/deIs068Qdbg8l8qHU0Kf1BZHai66Ri5jQCKgB/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
(Representative of former President Jonathan, Reno Omokri, receiving an award from Mayor of Antioch, Wade Harper)

[img]http://3.bp..com/-3hcLVgCQ_N4/VxyWiDSXKHI/AAAAAAAI-Mw/CFPWP54ehoIZUbPEPAOBavnUaKZ35eZSgCLcB/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
(Representative of former President Jonathan, Reno Omokri, presenting Dr. Jonathan's goodwill message)

[img]http://1.bp..com/-wllJD655mGg/VxyWi1SqVnI/AAAAAAAI-M0/BE6M-dzYpEUic92vg2Z765RYb0QFIR8VQCLcB/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

(Representative of former President Jonathan, Reno Omokri, receiving an award from the rep. of the mayor of the city of Lathrop, Council man Paul Akinjo)

Jonathan;s Goodwill message to the Cities of Antioch and Lathrop
I send this message of goodwill to the Nigerian community in the Bay Area of California who have gathered at Open Heavens Community church to celebrate with me as I am honored by the cities of Antioch and Lathrop. I had planned to be there. Indeed I had concluded travel plans. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control I could not make the trip.

I have always been proud of Nigerians in the diaspora and more so of Nigerians in the US and even more so of the Nigerian diaspora in California. Some of you may recall that upon my ascension to the office of President on May 6th, 2010, one of my first acts was to open up a Facebook page to personally interact with Nigerians.

In June 2010, a diaspora Nigerian from the Bay Area of California informed me on my Facebook page of an abandoned building belonging to Nigeria in San Francisco and I dispatched our then ambassador to that city to claim the property and renovate it.

Hopefully, the building may again host a consulate as it once did in the 80s. The point I am trying to make is that I have been communicating with you and I see you as an asset to Nigeria that makes me proud. Elsewhere, I have mentioned that aside from oil, diaspora Nigerians are the single largest source of capital inflow into Nigeria. In my last year as President you remitted $21 billion home. Much more than the World Bank, IMF and foreign direct investment. My people, you are an asset to your fatherland.

Because of the importance with which I held you, my administration facilitated direct flights to Nigeria from the US to Nigeria. We ensured no less than three airlines fly direct between Nigeria and the US including one from Houston to Lagos for the benefit of those of you from the West Coast.

We also ensured that Enugu airport was upgraded to an international airport and I recall that a number of diaspora Nigerians from the US boarded the inaugural Ethiopian airlines flight that landed there in August of 2013. Again let me say that I appreciate the Nigerian community in the Bay Area.

I would also want like to thank Mayor Wade Harper and the council members of the city of Antioch for choosing to honor me for my efforts in promoting democracy. I am indeed humbled by their thoughtfulness in recognizing our modest efforts. I also wish to express my gratitude to the city of Lathrop and its mayor and council for also deeming it fit to recognize our efforts.

I wish I could be there in person, however, I have asked Reno Omokri to represent and I am with you in spirit. Thank you and may God bless Nigeria, may God bless California, may He bless the cities of Antioch and Lathrop and my God bless you.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria 2010-2015

Source: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/04/former-president-jonathan-honored-by.html

/
Cities of Antioch and Lathrop

I have been living in California most of my life. I have never heard of these cities.

I just had to google it. Antioch is a city of about 100,000 people (one of those little towns off the highways).

Jonathan's handlers are shameless.

\

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by oyalunasamuel(m): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
yarimo:
Mtchew nonsense so GEJ has improved peace in the north east when he was president?

zombie spotted
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by oyalunasamuel(m): 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Cities of Antioch and Lathrop

I have been living in California most of my life. I have never heard of these cities.

I just had to google it. Antioch is a city of about 100,000 people (one of those little towns off the highways).

Jonathan's handlers are shameless.

\

another zombie spotted.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
dtruthis:
the oyibos want us to grow but our problems r made in Germany grin grin
Bros you wicked with this ya comment ooo
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by oyalunasamuel(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
SirShymexx:

zombie
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by yarimo(m): 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
You are right sir, tongue
oyalunasamuel:

zombie spotted
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by walezy14(m): 9:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
I don't know what is wrong with buhari self, Jonathan is suppose to have been arrested
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Zieristclair(m): 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
honored for doing what?all these pay-for-awards things don't fool me#never again Mr corruption-clueless-hypocrite-cynic-incompetent buffoon-deceiver-divisive politician#never angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Ayatullah(m): 12:20am On Apr 25, 2016
This 'honour' will not erase his Ineffectual Buffon title the whole world knows he actually deserve.

This 'honour' will not change the fact that Goodluck Ebele Jonathan led a team of vandals to vandalize our Nation.

This 'honour' will not change the fact that GEJ is the only president in the history of Nigeria who destroyed our Armed Forces by corrupting them and making them Ineffectual on the battle field.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Hafizufizy: 1:39am On Apr 25, 2016
yarimo:
Mtchew nonsense so GEJ has improved peace in the north east when he was president?
lol, I wonder o
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:25am On Apr 25, 2016
Reno Omokri is organizing sham awards from city to city in hopes that when he is indicted GEJ will come to his aid or what? Or is he hoping to push GEJ forward as an alternative in 2019? Or use GEJ to sponsor his own political ambitions or private business? It has to be something because all of this is not making sense. I bet GEJ himself is already tired that's why he didn't bother showing up for this latest comedy show and asked Reno to go accept the award on his behalf and to help him read his acceptance speech to a empty hall.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by loomer: 6:42am On Apr 25, 2016
yarimo:
Please i have the right to my view, because of hate or because of love to tongue

Yes I know, but worry more about you than jona.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2016
The man who could not make any positive impact in his home state Bayelsa, for period he was president, there is no road in his home town, his people are groaning, and he is taking awards in another country.

Clueless indeed.
Re: Jonathan Honored By Two Californian Cities by Organs(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
OLADD:

Redirect your kolo-mentalism to the sitting president who refused to negotiate with Boko haram at the peripheral stage of the insurgency when he was nominated as the only trusted negotiator by the sect. If he had done that (just the way Obj did) maybe we wouldn't be where we are today. After completing the bend, you can then make a detour by venting your anger on northern elders who are playing politics with the lives of their fellow countrymen. Leave Jonathan out of it. OK?

OLADD, you for change A to O com eend with another "o" for Olodo,. Buhari refused cos BH had blood on their hands and he said he did not want to be a part of it, also, idiots chopping money were telling I and you that Buhari is sponsoring BH while enriching themselves and having ineffectual buffoon in power. Anybody will trust Buhari cos he is a man of his words. Instead of you to blame GEJ and his corrupt admin, you still brougt Buhari into it Was it his govt, why should he be responsible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Apologises To Its Ex-national Secretary, Oyinlola (pics) / Mass Exodus Looms In APC - Dailytrust / Bayelsa State Government Inaugurates Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.