Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson (5068 Views)

FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu / No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 11:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Nairaland says no to Biafra
Nigerians say no to Biafra
Christian East and Niger Delta says yes

The question is why are we having nightmare ? Why are we making people to feel Igbo are special ? I am just asking these questions because I am a bit confused and I need clarification on why Nigerians and so many people are scared of Igbo leaving . me personally I am indifferent and I don't care if Biafra comes or not . if it comes fine by me and I will be happy not as an Igbo but as a Christian that wants sanity but if it doesn't come ..well what can I do? But I pray for the former than the later ...

I am writing this because I was watching BBC news and the British have seen that EU membership is not benefiting them and they want out. The Britain are voting to leave Europe union not that they are special but they want to chart their own course and find their path. They have realised that membership of EU has never benefited them and they can't understand why they should be subsidising inept European countries like Greece , Macedonia, Eastern Europe countries with tons of bailout . Britain have never been particularly about EU membership... They never endorsed Euro as a currency and they never took them serious. The only country that is interested in European union seems to be Germany ..they bank roll the expenses of those country that are inept

What is this telling us...it is a lesson to black man..it has to show us that Europe is far far ahead of us..they are light years and they understand the freedom of association and right to determine their fates. Nobody is treating and threatening British government with wars and annihilation. Obama was in UK to say happy birthday to queen but used the same time to beg Brits to stay and he subtly threatened them...they called him bluff..James Cameron was so apt and point

The will vote,the Brits will vote on a referendum so to settle this European membership once and for all.

Here in Nigeria what do we get? Savegry, killing threats and whatsoever.. We have to respect and understand the concept of sanctity of life .

I hate violence and I think that the world is watching us in whatever we are doing ..life is sacrosanct ..I think feds should call IPOB for a round table

This is a call for us to show the world that the black race has evolved and we are civilised . we can't continue living and killing ourselves we have to find love and bileteral agreement and relationship . we have to be united be you Ghana , Nigerian ,Biafra, Ethiopian etc

We can at least have an intellectual debate here why we can't and why we should ...

Happy Sunday
God be with us

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by 90xtr3r: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2016
A great piece...

10 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 24, 2016
No region in nigeria ever wanted nigeria
azikwe was the man who went to lobby the north to form nigeria
nobody is scared of igbos leaving we never wanted igbos in the first place
about religion dont your folks travel to dubai
is azikwe blind to the fact that northern region is muslim
did england curse other countries in the eu when they want to effect referendum
you hate violence but support ipob who calls for the death of other tribes

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hagm0nd:

I understand your point and from your position and tone if your writing you sound very angry.whyvarw you angry ? Are you angry that Igbo want out or are you angry that Zik created Nigeria ?

The last time I checked Zik wasn't the man that amalgamated Nigeria and also I know that Igbo do not love Zik... He was a pan Africanist .

He has his position and Igbo have made their position known . what I still don't understand is why you have decided to take us 50yrs back and behind we are talking of contemporary situation and you are talking about pre independence situation... The political climate of then and now isn't the same thing

Haile Selassie the man that was in charge of then Eritrea and Ethiopian was in same league with Zik . then it was Ethiopia but today we have two different countries out if Ethiopia

Let's discuss contemporary time and not historical issues both of us were not born and we talk from third party hear say

Let us talk the ones we know now ...let's debate intellectually

Are u ready for this

No name calling pls

28 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by 90xtr3r: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hagm0nd:

Lies of hypocrisy and propaganda to divert attention from the very obvious in the polity!

IPOB have always conducted its protest peacefully. It's you and your cohorts that have resorted to violence and murder to attempt to quench the quest for self-determination.

In case you did not learn much from the higher institution, here are classical examples of your wicked kinsmen who vomited trash against humanity:

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future" 
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4* 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State,threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yes am angry not at zik,not that igbos want out,but at people who insult other tribe as cause of their misfortune in nigeria
zik didnt create nigeria but he should have maintained the status quo,disintegration would have been mighty easy
i am not taking you back 50 years back without a reason,you were talking as if igbos were goaded into nigeria by the other regions
you want contemporary issue talk referendum,referendum without insulting other tribe like they are enslaving you
christopher123:

I understand your point and from your position and tone if your writing you sound very angry.whyvarw you angry ? Are you angry that Igbo want out or are you angry that Zik created Nigeria ?

The last time I checked Zik wasn't the man that amalgamated Nigeria and also I know that Igbo do not love Zik... He was a pan Africanist .

He has his position and Igbo have made their position known . what I still don't understand is why you have decided to take us 50yrs back and behind we are talking of contemporary situation and you are talking about pre independence situation... The political climate of then and now isn't the same thing

Haile Selassie the man that was in charge of then Eritrea and Ethiopian was in same league with Zik . then it was Ethiopia but today we have two different countries out if Ethiopia

Let's discuss contemporary time and not historical issues both of us were not born and we talk from third party hear say

Are u ready for this

No name calling pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Yes am angry not at zik,not that igbos want out,but at people who insult other tribe as cause of their misfortune in nigeria
zik didnt create nigeria but he should have maintained the status quo,disintegration would have been mighty easy
i am not taking you back 50 years back without a reason,you were talking as if igbos were goaded into nigeria by the other regions
you want contemporary issue talk referendum,referendum without insulting other tribe like they are enslaving you

I will advise that you take a chill pill....I did a write up and I can't see any insult here and I can't even remember mentioning other tribes
So why did you bring in other tribes here we are talking of intellectual talk here

Why are you angry at Igbo leaving or not leaving ? Answer pls ..but before you answer this take a breather and calm down

14 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by HammerTheirPapa(f): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
Can't we yorubas stay or survive in a country that has no omo ibos as fellow citizen. What are our fears really? Why are we confused?

Why can't we hold hands with fulanis and celebrate when the Easterners leave the country?

15 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by Caseless: 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
Let them go.
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Tell all these slobbery to an slowpoke,ipob peaceful?
when they call for weapons on youtube videos
spare me all these bradylogia
tell that to azikwe who heard all that and forge alliance with the north after hearing all that from tafawa balewa
you have been duly ignorned henceforth
90xtr3r:

Lies of hypocrisy and propaganda to divert attention from the very obvious in the polity!

IPOB have always conducted its protest peacefully. It's you and your cohorts that have resorted to violence and murder to attempt to quench the quest for self-determination.

In case you did not learn much from the higher institution, here are classical examples of your wicked kinsmen who vomited trash against humanity:

1* “We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

2* “We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

3* "The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future" 
- Sir Ahmadu Bello, October 12,  1960

Ahmadu Bello, arrogantly uttered the aforementioned statement in a multicultural and multi-religious country and got away with it, and many bigots still hold him in high esteem and even shove it down the throats of other people.

4* 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

5*...barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:
“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

6*...sometime in 2010, when upon the demise of President Umaru Y'Ardua, indications emerged that his erstwhile deputy, President Goodluck Jonathan, may contest the 2011 presidential election, a prominent chieftain of this same ACF, Lawal Kaita, who was a former Governor of old Kaduna State,threatened that the North would make Nigeria ungovernable, should Jonathan or anyone from the South win the 2011 presidential election, claiming that such would amount to denying the North it's birthright of ruling Nigeria.

7* It is in the same North barbaric statements like this were uttered in 2011: ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD”. And what was the outcome - carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians in the North, including many Youth Corps members when Buhari lost the 2011 presidential election?

8* That true to that threat, upon the victory of Jonathan from the 2011 presidential election, massive violence was unleashed from the North by a group which called itself Boko Haram and which repeatedly took responsibility for unending mayhem which began with the killing of Youth Corp members who worked ad-hoc for INEC in that election.

9* As the barbaric killings and destructions reigned, especially with the attack by Boko Haram on the UN Building and Force Headquarters in Abuja, the Lower Niger Congress publicly posited that the nexus between the aforementioned threat by ACF's, Lawal Kaita and the Boko Haram's bloody campaigns summarily destroyed any prospects for keeping the Nigeria Union.

10* "It was, therefore, no surprise that in October 2013, following the bold announcement by President Jonathan, presenting the sudden prospect of revisiting the master-servant constitutional arrangements of Nigeria infuriated the warmongering born-to-rule Caliphate whose cause was championed by the same ACF, and who, supported by their allies from the renegade wing of the Yoruba Southwest,  launched a vicious, frontal attack on the initiative, teaming on the floor of the Conference into a majority, and driving the Conference into its first major decision, i.e. NOT TO DISCUSS THE TERMS OF NIGERIA'S UNITY. The rest of the Conference was a jamboree that provided a luxurious platform for the North/SW Alliance, parading itself as a new political party named APC, to fine-tune their violent March to the do-or-die 2015 general elections."

11* Oba of Lagos Threat on Igbos Over 2015 Governorship 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

2 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by 90xtr3r: 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Tell all these slobbery to an slowpoke,ipob peaceful?
when they call for weapons on youtube videos
spare me all these bradylogia
tell that to azikwe who heard all that and forge alliance with the north after hearing all that from tafawa balewa
you have been duly ignorned henceforth

Hypocritical bigot, if you're too pained that Igbos are determined to leave you and your people behind in this cesspit find the nearest brick wall and smash your skull to smithereens.

Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from greedy, treasury looters cum murderous parasites.

Here's a message from one of your masters, Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo:

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..."

15 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
All these mundane buffonery wont work on me
what intellectual yarn have you spun so far
so you want to talk about nigeria without its tribal makeup,kudos einstein!
am not angry whether you leave or not
am even praying for your speedy departure
may god grant you your heart desire
goodbye
christopher123:

I will advise that you take a chill pill....I did a write up and I can't see any insult here and I can't even remember mentioning other tribes
So why did you bring in other tribes here we are talking of intellectual talk here

Why are you angry at Igbo leaving or not leaving ? Answer pls ..but before you answer this take a breather and calm down

2 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by HammerTheirPapa(f): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
Another question-If this country divides peacefully will heavens fall? Why do Africans hate peace and tranquility like this?
Ask the regular yoruba or hausa if he feels that it is a pre-requisite of his existence that he must share nationality with an Igbo. His answer is No! Give him a gun to go and kill easterners who don't want share the same country with him, He is happy to go spill blood without understanding the basic principles of the war he has been ordered to go and fight. Why?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by gidgiddy: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
A lot of Nigerians, particularly those outside the SS/SE zones, tend to forget that Nigeria is just an artificial creation of the White man. It is really funny when some Nigerians talk about the Holliness of 'one Nigeria' forgetting that Nigeria is just a mere 'British product'. Less than 200 years ago, the three major tribes of what later became Nigeria where self governing. The Hausa/Fulani had their Emirate of Sokoto. The Yorubas had their Oyo Empire. The Igbos where a loose confederation of clans with their allegiance to the ancient Nri Kingdom. The White Man came and said we 'one Nigeria' and since then till today we have been at each other's throats. We have already slaughtered each other in the millions for the sake of Lord Lugard. I'm an Igbo man and no matter what anyone says or does, I will never forget my God given right to decide for myself if I want to be Nigetian or not. Aimless followers of Lord Lugard can carry on.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by waleboss12: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
If igbos go Nigeria no go win any football tornement .. I remember Biafra team led by Stephen keshi .. The recent golden eaglet na omo igbo plenty pass... How would nigeria be without omo Igbo... Anyway i suggest we form an alien's wirh them.. Becos if you think niger delta will follow Yoruba or Hausa You are joking they are eternally gratefull to their brothers from the east.... The worst is that their are lots of Igbo women married in Niger delta n they will influence their son. Me i cant go against my mummy no body can...!. Yoruba abi we go follow hausa......? Me i no go gree follow aboki oooo nothing we go gain from them ...

18 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by BAILMONEY: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
OBSERVING grin
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by BAILMONEY: 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
waleboss12:
If igbos go Nigeria no go win any football tornement .. I remember Biafra team led by Stephen keshi .. The recent golden eaglet na omo igbo plenty pass... How would nigeria be without omo Igbo... Anyway i suggest we form an alien's wirh them.. Becos if you think niger delta will follow Yoruba or Hausa You are joking they are eternally gratefull to their brothers from the east.... The worst is that their are lots of Igbo women married in Niger delta n they will influence their son. Me i cant go against my mummy no body can...!. Yoruba abi we go follow hausa......? Me i no go gree follow aboki oooo nothing we go gain from them ...
ARE YOU REALLY READY FOR THIS COOLITEMPA AND MADRIDGUY WILL SOON TAG YOU IPOD

1 Like

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by coolitempa(f): 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
BAILMONEY:

Leave me out of your bigotry....Stephen Keshi is an edoman and not biafran...come again... angry
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by kernel504(m): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
waleboss12:

You are funny...
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by madridguy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lol

BAILMONEY:
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by HiddenShadow: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ask yourself why the Egyptians refused the liberation of the Jews

Without the Igbos Nigeria will never be more developed than Congo DRC

4 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hagm0nd:
All these mundane buffonery wont work on me
what intellectual yarn have you spun so far
so you want to talk about nigeria without its tribal makeup,kudos einstein!
am not angry whether you leave or not
am even praying for your speedy departure
may god grant you your heart desire
goodbye

Bro ..you are still hurt bro ..slow and steady bro

2 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
HiddenShadow:
Ask yourself why the Egyptians refused the liberation of the Jews

Without the Igbos Nigeria will never be more developed than Congo DRC

Can this be proven ?
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
Another question-If this country divides peacefully will heavens fall? Why do Africans hate peace and tranquility like this?
Ask the regular yoruba or hausa if he feels that it is a pre-requisite of his existence that he must share nationality with an Igbo. His answer is No! Give him a gun to go and kill easterners who don't want share the same country with him, He is happy to go spill blood without understanding the basic principles of the war he has been ordered to go and fight. Why?

This is the same reason I am asking and writing this question but I have not been able to get a valid and cogent answer here ...

Can somebody explain.

1 Like

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
Can't we yorubas stay or survive in a country that has no omo ibos as fellow citizen. What are our fears really? Why are we confused?

Why can't we hold hands with fulanis and celebrate when the Easterners leave the country?

Sir ,

I am asking a question and you are asking also? I am not a Yoruba and I don't think I am in the position to answer that .

I am confused because the West are reasonable and they value themselves even if they are in different countries

So we can open up this thread of yours on Yoruba and Biafra thing

But I still need clarification
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by enlightenedmind: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
I am really tired of this Biafra posts that absolutely miss the point. Fisrtly OP, u comparing Nigeria and the Igbos to Britain and the EU is unfounded and not even valid. The EU is a group of COUNTRIES formed to facilitate free trade and movement of labour within countries. Each country exist as a soverign state within the EU. This also means that immigrants to any of these European countries have access to all EU countries. Different countries have different immigration rules and are not comfortable with that. Given that Britain lives on a welfare system, it is of utmost importance they control immigration. That is why Britain is leaving the EU. Not because they are enslaved.

Secondly, Britain is a country not a section of a country. The EU is not a country. The EU is exactly the same as the OAU, AU, UN. Any country can leave if they feel the rules are no more convenient. By The way, scotland has been wanting to leave the UK for decades now. But they cannot. A specific part of a country cannot just decide that it wants to leave. You saying that BRITAIN IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD BCOZ THEY VOTED TO LEAVE THE EU IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT IN THIS CONTEST. When Britain lets scotland go, then u can make that argument.

The current constitution is written to reflect all resources, needs, players of all sections of the country. Any part leaving is denying everybody else in the country their fundamental rights of association by birth. The matter of seceding must be planned in a gradual process. there are others in this country too u know. an cutting any part of nigeria away is like saying "the rest of u can die, we do not care".

And also pitching this problem as a religious divide is a new low. The corruption in nigeria has nothing to do with religion and tribe. Even if u go to Biafra I can assure u that nothing will come out of it. Because u guys brought up the concept of Biafra to solve a problem that does not exist. You have failed to identify the problem and this pride and hatred may lead to unfounded events that does not benefit the people but satisfies personal political interests.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by enlightenedmind: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
christopher123:
Nairaland says no to Biafra
Nigerians say no to Biafra
Christian East and Niger Delta says yes

The question is why are we having nightmare ? Why are we making people to feel Igbo are special ? I am just asking these questions because I am a bit confused and I need clarification on why Nigerians and so many people are scared of Igbo leaving . me personally I am indifferent and I don't care if Biafra comes or not . if it comes fine by me and I will be happy not as an Igbo but as a Christian that wants sanity but if it doesn't come ..well what can I do? But I pray for the former than the later ...

I am writing this because I was watching BBC news and the British have seen that EU membership is not benefiting them and they want out. The Britain are voting to leave Europe union not that they are special but they want to chart their own course and find their path. They have realised that membership of EU has never benefited them and they can't understand why they should be subsidising inept European countries like Greece , Macedonia, Eastern Europe countries with tons of bailout . Britain have never been particularly about EU membership... They never endorsed Euro as a currency and they never took them serious. The only country that is interested in European union seems to be Germany ..they bank roll the expenses of those country that are inept

What is this telling us...it is a lesson to black man..it has to show us that Europe is far far ahead of us..they are light years and they understand the freedom of association and right to determine their fates. Nobody is treating and threatening British government with wars and annihilation. Obama was in UK to say happy birthday to queen but used the same time to beg Brits to stay and he subtly threatened them...they called him bluff..James Cameron was so apt and point

The will vote,the Brits will vote on a referendum so to settle this European membership once and for all.

Here in Nigeria what do we get? Savegry, killing threats and whatsoever.. We have to respect and understand the concept of sanctity of life .

I hate violence and I think that the world is watching us in whatever we are doing ..life is sacrosanct ..I think feds should call IPOB for a round table

This is a call for us to show the world that the black race has evolved and we are civilised . we can't continue living and killing ourselves we have to find love and bileteral agreement and relationship . we have to be united be you Ghana , Nigerian ,Biafra, Ethiopian etc

We can at least have an intellectual debate here why we can't and why we should ...

Happy Sunday
God be with us

I am really tired of this Biafra posts that absolutely miss the point. Fisrtly OP, u comparing Nigeria and the Igbos to Britain and the EU is unfounded and not even valid. The EU is a group of COUNTRIES formed to facilitate free trade and movement of labour within countries. Each country exist as a sovereign state within the EU. This also means that immigrants to any of these European countries have access to all EU countries. Different countries have different immigration rules and are not comfortable with that. Given that Britain lives on a welfare system, it is of utmost importance they control immigration. That is why Britain is leaving the EU. Not because they are enslaved.

Secondly, Britain is a country not a section of a country. The EU is not a country. The EU is exactly the same as the OAU, AU, UN. Any country can leave if they feel the rules are no more convenient. By The way, scotland has been wanting to leave the UK for decades now. But they cannot. A specific part of a country cannot just decide that it wants to leave. You saying that BRITAIN IS LIGHT YEARS AHEAD BCOZ THEY VOTED TO LEAVE THE EU IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT IN THIS CONTEST. When Britain lets scotland go, then u can make that argument.

The current constitution is written to reflect all resources, needs, players of all sections of the country. Any part leaving is denying everybody else in the country their fundamental rights of association by birth. The matter of seceding must be planned in a gradual process. there are others in this country too u know. an cutting any part of nigeria away is like saying "the rest of u can die, we do not care".

And also pitching this problem as a religious divide is a new low. The corruption in nigeria has nothing to do with religion and tribe. Even if u go to Biafra I can assure u that nothing will come out of it. Because u guys brought up the concept of Biafra to solve a problem that does not exist. You have failed to identify the problem and this pride and hatred may lead to unfounded events that does not benefit the people but satisfies personal political interests.
Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Personally I think we have to learn from our colonial masters on how to behave and civilisation.

The African man is backward ..very backward

In Europe there are tribes and ethnicities but these tribes are mostly formed in nations not lumped together
Slavs in Slovakia
Saxons in England
Norrs in Scandinavian
Bavarians in Germany
Dutch's in Holland
Irish in Ireland
Scots in Scotland
Francs in France and Belgium
Romas in Romania
Iberians in Portugal and Spain
Catalonia wanting their own countries and having referendum

But in Africa Tutsi killing hutsi
Fulani rampaging everywhere
Central African Republican is a war Republican
South Sudan and Sudan we saw it
So many examples

Why is it not like this in Europe
Why is the killing not like this in south east Asia
Why don't the latin America kill each other because of tribes

We have to understand this ...to me I think if we have to die staying alone it's better to live staying apart and be friends

I am for peace I hate war

12 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by georgen2u(m): 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
If U we're a woman I would had made U m you my babe. Imagine the matured epic response to a hater of progress... keep it up man
christopher123:

Are u ready for this

No name calling pls

3 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
enlightenedmind:

I am really tired of this Biafra posts that absolutely miss the point. Fisrtly OP, u comparing Nigeria and the Igbos to Britain and the EU is unfounded and not even valid. The EU is a group of COUNTRIES formed to facilitate free trade and movement of labour within countries. Each country exist as a sovereign state within the EU. This also means that immigrants to any of these European countries have access to all EU countries. Different countries have different immigration rules and are not comfortable with that. Given that Britain lives on a welfare system, it is of utmost importance they control immigration. That is why Britain is leaving the EU. Not because they are enslaved.

I am not talking from political context ...you have written all you have done but you still have not answer the basic question ? Why is African violet and why is Nigeria treating and putting fears in Igbo for wanting out ..that is the question and do you realise that Igbo populations is bigger than many EU countries like Luxembourg, Finland etc..we are talking of Igbo nation that has upto 36 million

The question is why don't Igbo excessively perform their foundermental freedom of association ?
What will Nigeria loose or gain if Igbo leave?
Why are Nigeria scared of Igbo leaving ?

These are questions and I uses EU as a case study or example

Pls answer me

7 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by HiddenShadow: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
christopher123:

I am not talking from political context ...you have written all you have done but you still have not answer the basic question ? Why is African violet and why is Nigeria treating and putting fears in Igbo for wanting out ..that is the question and do you realise that Igbo populations is bigger than many EU countries like Luxembourg, Finland etc..we are talking of Igbo nation that has upto 36 million

The question is why don't Igbo excessively perform their foundermental freedom of association ?
What will Nigeria loose or gain if Igbo leave?
Why are Nigeria scared of Igbo leaving ?

These are questions and I uses EU as a case study or example

Pls answer me

Igbos in Nigeria are more than 40million.

The last election is an eye opener

Jonathan (12mil) vs Buhari (15mil)

Jonathan (Majority Igbos) vs Buhari(Majority Hausas/Yorubas)

Jonathan (Majority SS minorities) vs Buhari (Majority Northern minorities)

See the difference is 3 million despite massive underage voters in the North and disenfranchised voters in SE/SS.

3 Likes

Re: British,Biafra,Igbo And The Same Stories Of Memberships. Nigeria Lesson by christopher123(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Igbos in Nigeria are more than 40million.

The last election is an eye opener

Jonathan (12mil) vs Buhari (15mil)

Jonathan (Majority Igbos) vs Buhari(Majority Hausas/Yorubas)

Jonathan (Majority SS minorities) vs Buhari (Majority Northern minorities)

See the difference is 3 million despite massive underage voters in the North and disenfranchised voters in SE/SS.

OK let's assume whatever because in Igbo land there is a saying that it's good to assume that whatever bite you in night is mosquito ..in another word it is saying that ignorance is bliss

I for one didn't vote and have never voted cos vote don't count here in Nigeria and I stand to be corrected

Let's take the Igbo population is 4 million at least they are still bigger than Swaziland and other countries like St Kitts and Nevis

The question is why don't Nigeria have dialogue ?
Why do African prefer the crude and violent way to do things ?
Why do black man prefer violence than dialogue ?

Is freedom of association a luxury in Africa ?

Even cats love staying with cats

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“hear The Latest Prophecy Of Father Mbaka” / NIPSS: Buhari To Receive Universal Healthcare Funding Report Friday / Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.