Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience (18571 Views)

Mallam Yusuf Adepoju Of ACADIP Got Embarrassed By Muhammad Lifestyle / ' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker / 14 Things That Are Too Real About Ushers In Nigerian Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by donkross1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:
grin I am an usher/hostess actually cheesy

I'm here to read comment.

Do you guys think being an usher is a easy task
It comes with great patience, sacrifice, and tolerance.

I love being an usher

See fine babe oo... Nwa Usher, invite me to your church na cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Mediapace: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
So you be usher ?
Can't you be lenient for a while?
Jyde81:
Hello....I am an usherin the RCCG and would have been sterner on you based on the habits you portrayed. When we are in the presence of God let us respect him please....
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lol, some ushers can be annoying Ehn... telling you to sit at the front. While they are moving front, I'll just jejely scan for a seat in d back. In fact they know me in church and allow me enjoy my back seat.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:

I love being an usher
usher to o hot, if I attend ur church I will just be looking at you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Yuneehk(f): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ushers really try tho they can be annoying at times. Only tolerant people can be ushers plus they have to smile all the time. I cant be one sha.
As for embarrassments, behave yourself in church and they wont disturb you
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Op, you should be ashamed of yourself for pinging in the Church angry

No sinner is a Christian!
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Tedassie(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
queenstll:
dem carry me go front seat today ooo
congratz cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by ireneony(f): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
ok na sombody like u dey com disturb my sleep when i tot im saved with my dark glases. dont worry, one day i will carry caburator cleaner come church to flash ur eyes
the sleeping part is not a problem. .but the pressing of phones (pinging, whatsapping, instagram e.t.c)which is really annoying.
Ushers are there to enforce orderliness.

1st Corinthians 14:40
let all things be done decently and in order
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by missyge(f): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
Funny @ Op.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
the first time I had problem with usher was last year... I was feeling sleepy.. d sleep was just too uncontrollable, so i knelt down nd rest my head on d chair opposite me.. so one usher tap me to stand up becos they where no longer praying... so I told him am meditating so he left.. d second was last week... I was trying to reply one WhatsApp message when I just saw the usher in front of me.. I was surprise nd confuse becos people sitting around me where already starring at me... due to d confusion I don't knw when I started laughing.. den I stylish put the phone inside my purse... God save us oh..
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by ireneony(f): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
donkross1:

See fine babe oo... Nwa Usher, invite me to your church na cheesy
cheesy cheesy
Mind you I don't smile wen doing my job
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by maestroz: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
imagine an usher tapping me to say "broz! stop snoring"

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by donkross1(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:
cheesy cheesy
Mind you I don't smile wen doing my job

Sha invite me first na cheesy. Every other thing na secondary.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
q
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Mediapace: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
When i'm tired nko,i am going on monday-sunday
Angelberry:
Op, you should be ashamed of yourself for pinging in the Church angry

No sinner is a Christian!
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by maestroz: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Defranko:
DOWNLOAD VIDEO HERE=>>>> http://p-square.tk/index.xhtml

you must be underage to have posted such on nairaland. please respect the rules. kids now visit nairaland and you wouldn't want them to be wayward as you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
ushers in my church will tell you neighbor to wake you up when, that ish can embarrass the f out of you

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by MNDY(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
Imagine a mentally deranged individual make a scene out of one of such usher remarks or moves which may not even be offensive afterall, na dat day church go dismiss abruptly
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by peeparty(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
Modsenemy:
Some ushers are annoying sha, but I don't believe the Op's stories undecided sorry

I smell exaggeration

All for fun anyway
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
she gave me a painful knock on d head wen i was sleeping.my head swelled up immediately nd i had to wear an hat to skul to cover my swollen head cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
Mediapace:
When i'm tired nko,i am going on monday-sunday
still no sinner is a Christian!
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by freecocoa(f): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yea, when I was still a born again child of god.

Just see me trouble o, I came to church jejely one glorious sunday, after my mum finished gingering me about how I needed to be more involved in the things of god, talking about how god is all I have and can't do without him. Please do well to note I told her my stomach was upset with me, reason why I couldn't attend church that day, yet she wouldn't let me off, she proceeded to preach and pray for, encouraging me to go, insisting that the remaining part of the stomach upset, her prayers couldn't cure, would be cured, after I listen to the pastor. like my stomach was ever upset, smh. cheesy

So as I was saying, I got to church while all the way thinking "what did I ever do to this woman, why can't she just allow me stay home alone, to watch that movie with a lot of steamy scenes I collected from Stacy, eh? abeg when e reach time for offering, I dey go house, at least she don see me for church", I picked my usual spot(back seat), sat down, only for one sister ifeoma usher person, to tell me to go sit at the front, I told her I liked where I was seated, she said she'd send me out if I didn't go to the front and in my mind I was like "eh, this church wey I follow build? B1tch I literally carried mixed concrete in pans on my head( so many trips) climbed stairs to go pour it where it was to be used, my parents money enter the project and you say you go pursue me out? Today you go see something, you go jack me from this seat today", I just comot face like I wasn't even seeing her.undecided

She wait small and I wasn't complying(i think she sef carry vexation come church that morning) omo, she dragged the chair from under my butt o, but as a physically fit/gallant girl, I no reach ground, chai! It was as if Tupac's all eyes on me track came to life, as all eyes were actually on me, it was very embarrassing, but the embarrassment was my mum's as me I no even send, I just moved over to the next seat on the same row and she just walked away.grin (Kai! Devil has been using me a long time)

You can't imagine the sermon I got at home, let's just say my mum had to fast so many times, in attempt to cast away the spirit of stubbornness from me. Did it work? I'll leave you to be the judge of that.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
ireneony:

I love being an usher
yeah its true. Im also an usher. Some people are very stubborn. Listen, they wont. What will we do? May God just increase our level of patience and tolerance bcuz this work no easy smiley

Happy sunday nairalanders smileysmiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by 4C2215131: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
FoxyFlow:
This happened to me when we were growing up in Deeper Life. During one of these youth retreats, I think SAY 2001, I was dosing off. Each time I close my eyes this usher was always closeby to poke me with a pen.

I got tired of dozing that I started acting like someone who was praying seriously. After some time, I dozed off. Slept off with no disturbance. My dream was sweet but unfortunately, it was one of those dreams that you fall from a height endlessly.

Brethren, I was at the edge of the of the row. My head was resting on the bench in front of me. When i fell in that dream, it was the ground that collected my body in real life. People laughed and I grinned. Usher came close and said...

"so you were sleeping..."

I answered...

" I wasn't o, I was actually meditating on the message that is going on."

The End...
If you no laugh this week go dey joyous for you. If you laugh i wonder wetin funny...

Hahahahahaha... Heheheheh!?
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Luckygurl(f): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
I was very late on a Sunday and there wasn't any space at the back. The usher walked me up to the front of the church like the first row and gave me a seat there.
I felt ashamed cos the service had gone halfway and all eyes were on me. Those kinda eye screaming 'who's this unserious girl coming in at this time'.

On another occasion, I jejely came on time and sat at the front. Next this usher came and told me to swap seats with another girl behind.
No one told me, but I'm pretty sure I was told to go behind cos of my dressing.
Not like I was exposing much skin but y'know these ushers and their annoying acts.

Mscheeewww!!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yeah, the lady said that I was shaking my booty too much and that I should please chill cause the pastor likes to walk the aisles sometimes and we wouldn't wanna cause confusion.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by MrCork: 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Mediapace:
Ushers ushing ushals,only God will save me from them,i don't know their wahala,dem no go even allow person rest.

I have like 2 experiences to share with you guys. Lemme start with the first one:

Last month during service,i allegedly sat where females sit just to gain attention,before i even sat,one of our ushers was like :

Egbon,eeti fi iwa yin yi sile na(You haven't dropped your old act yet?) .
I was like : wetin consign you,you na wan spoil market for me

That one went like that inorder to avoid distraction during service.
This sunday again,i took my phone out again hoping to check my FG & MENTIONS on Nairaland,immediately i sneaked my phone out like this,another usher came to me saying :

Alagba why now,all your babes will wait after service now,don't ping in church .
I was like :
So all this usher don ja.

My people share your experience jere,i'm very sure they would have embarrassed you before.

Note : I'm not saying ushers should not do their job o,just for fun wink

...well Usher caught me last week steeeerin at one womans nyansh in church....her husband repoted me but i didnt care!(Real talk) undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2016
Jyde81:
Hello....I am an usher in the RCCG and would have been sterner on you based on the habits you portrayed. When we are in the presence of God let us respect Him please....
dont mind them. Its very annoying when you meet people like this. Just respect God. Itz not hard, just few hours and you can go on with your business.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Mediapace: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
I guess she is light in complexion ? wink
MrCork:

...well Usher caught me last week steeeerin at one womans nyansh in church....her husband repoted me but i didnt care!(Real talk) undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience by Mediapace: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lols You ought to call the man to go bring vaseline,vaseline crew wey you grin
MrsPhyno:
Yeah, the lady said that I was shaking my booty too much and that I should please chill cause the pastor likes to walk the aisles sometimes and we wouldn't wanna cause confusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? / "I Want To Go To Heaven" - Olusegun Obasanjo / Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.