Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Driving With Or Without Shoes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With Or Without Shoes (15826 Views)

Where Can I Learn Driving With A Cheaper Amount / Driving With Original Drivers License, Good Or Bad? / Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by paix(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
I love driving with shoes, especially with sneaker or boots. But driving with slippers is dangerous, they can easily get hooked between the pedals and that can cause accident.

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
tunergy:

Wait o, so there are special shoes for driving?

Can someone post a pic of such here please!

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tunergy(m): 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=45004481][/quote]

Thanks. So this shoes are meant for driving. And here we have turned it into wardrobe shoes lol!

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
tunergy:
But Siena, this is Naija we are talking about naa.

What makes Nigeria any different? Shoes are shoes, feet are feet and pedals are pedals, regardless of the country.

Besides, I did drive in Nigeria, and I wore shoes even back then. wink
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by niceeric(m): 7:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
MissMercedes:

Ah! shocked
na so e be o
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Siena:

There must be something wrong with your pedals then - too stiff.

Besides, shoes are replaceable, feet aren't.

It depends on the type of tranny u are driving.
With auto drives u are good to go with ur shoes
But when you drive a manual benz,except you are the type that would not mind if ur
corporate shoes gets nice cuts of bobby brown.
And it mostly affects the right shoes that works on brakes and throttle.
Though I don't drive barefooted,I either use a slippers or a particular sandals I call my driving shoes,I.e if I am driving a manual benz especially,but for auto I can use any shoes and no effects.
Aside the shoe cuts of bobby brown,I feel more comfortable driving with shoes especially timberland boots in a benz,makes me press the pedals more than I would do with slippers
Benz pedals are not soft pedals
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by absentminded: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
Well, me I always drive with my shoes on, I feel uncomfortable or weird driving without them cool cool. My Aunt can drive with anything on her feet (even with heels on and she drives even better than her husband) cheesy She drove from Lagos to East (Abia state to be precise for 12 hours stretch) and I enjoyed her drive. Na so I dey sleep dey wake for inside car because she dey drive like man grin any check point we stop na so police go yah her husband say him no dey shame say na woman dey drive am gringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
tunergy:

Thanks. So this shoes are meant for driving. And here we have turned it into wardrobe shoes lol!

Lol. Na so o

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by ataspray(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
checking moniker gender............ grin
lol no be small thing
later they will come to start preaching gender equality hehe
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
tunergy:

Agbaya, shoes help me control speed more than barefoot

Learner grin

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by mejai(m): 12:21am On Apr 25, 2016
quite a tym I drove without shoes. just DAT clutch pedal spoils my shoe somehow. giving it 2 or 3 lines across d left shoe, while d ryt shoe is smooth.
also, wearing a size 46 and above shoes, d left shoe(again) tends to get stuck under d dashboard when engaging d clutch pedal.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by reliableme: 6:51am On Apr 25, 2016
I prefers without shoes, if I wear shoes I do forget which one is d break or pedal..
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by repogirl(f): 6:59am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:
Happy Sunday folks,

I was wondering if I'm the only one that feels weird driving with shoes on. Not necessarily heels, but any form of footwear. I feel obstructed, like, I won't drive properly if I'm not barefooted. Am I the only one?
it's about training, I think it depends on how you learnt. I prefer without shoes because of the same reasons you named. Most women drive without shoes on including my mother.

I have only seen one woman who drives with her shoe and she said she had to train herself that way. I

Most men drive with shoes on. It's all from training.

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tutuwater(m): 7:03am On Apr 25, 2016
Driving with flip flop is dangerous. Stop driving with slippers that can easily hook th pedals.

If I am on flip-flops I drive barefoot. If I am on foot wear that can't slip off, I drive with shoes.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by princealexndre(m): 7:04am On Apr 25, 2016
I love it without shoes. I can be faster thou!

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by xynerise: 7:04am On Apr 25, 2016
Most women prefer driving without shoes on because of the kind of weapon they wear on their feet.

6 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by dayotheone(m): 7:06am On Apr 25, 2016
have been driving foor more than 9years now and I feel confortable driving with a shoes but only when am putting on slippers or Pam, that is when I drive Barr footed, cos I won't feel confortable
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Tobium1(m): 7:07am On Apr 25, 2016
I feel uneasy driving with shoes on, dat's why I always have a slippers in my car
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by dayotheone(m): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2016
mejai:
quite a tym I drove without shoes. just DAT clutch pedal spoils my shoe somehow. giving it 2 or 3 lines across d left shoe, while d ryt shoe is smooth.
also, wearing a size 46 and above shoes, d left shoe(again) tends to get stuck under d dashboard when engaging d clutch pedal.

maybe you buy another car sir or possibly change ur pedals they are out of date
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Drabrah(m): 7:11am On Apr 25, 2016
Siena:

There must be something wrong with your pedals then - too stiff.

Besides, shoes are replaceable, feet aren't.

Maybe not. He might av bn applying pressure on the pedals at the wrong angle.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by edumagamaga(f): 7:11am On Apr 25, 2016
I can't imagine removing my shoes because I want to drive...the only way I can remove my shoes is may be on a far journey,driven from ABJ to Lagos,or to any other far state.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by ogawisdom(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:
Happy Sunday folks,

I was wondering if I'm the only one that feels weird driving with shoes on. Not necessarily heels, but any form of footwear. I feel obstructed, like, I won't drive properly if I'm not barefooted. Am I the only one?

It's jst a habit. I use to drive without shoes but has reversed the habit. But I will say do whatever feels comfortable and safe, there is no one size fit all in some things n this is one

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Andy1985ng(m): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:

No o. I've been driving for 10 years now, without shoes. So trying it with shoes feels weird

Please, you need to learn how to drive with your shoes on. No driving school will allow you learn barefoot. I guess someone close to you taught you how to drive and you had the liberty to learn it whichever way made you comfortable.

After a while, you will get used to the shoes. Safety wise, in case of an accident, your feet will be protected when you need to get away from the scene. Shattered glasses can injure you.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tammie24: 7:15am On Apr 25, 2016
Without shoes feels better and in control

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by oyeezah(f): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2016
I drive wt my shoes on, including heels. as far as I can walk in dem, I can drive in dem.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:21am On Apr 25, 2016
nothing wrong na. but the proper way is driving with your shoe on
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by dedarks(m): 7:22am On Apr 25, 2016
A farmer buys a young rooster. As soon as
it comes home, it rushes & bleeps all the
153 hens... The farmer is impressed
thinking about the eggs the hens would
hatch. At lunch, the young energetic
rooster again screws all the 153 hens. The
farmer got tensed up now. Next day, he
finds the rooster bleeping the ducks & the
geese and parrot too which scared the
hell out of him. Later that day, the farmer
finds the rooster lying pale, half-dead &
vultures circling overhead. Farmer says "You
deserved it, you Hot little bastard! U
deserve this "The rooster opens one
eye,points up & says "Ssshhh. Let them
land, I've never bleeped a vulture in my
whole bleeping career".....

5 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hapi4eva: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2016
Did you notice....driving with shoe mess up the side of your shoe mostly the right foot after awhile? I noticed this with my shoes and since then I stopped driving with my shoes on. Any one with this experience should be share too

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by efechris(m): 7:28am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:

Truth be told ehn, I wear slippers, carry shoes in a separate bag. Then once I get into the car, I kick off my slippers (slippers, in case I need to quickly get out of the car, and there's no time for sme-sme with shoes). Once I get to my destination, I put on my shoes. See stress!

Na same thing dey do both of us, just that my own seems worse cause I've bn with this habit since 2003,
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Dexema(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2016
team drive with no shoes....haha runs outta thread.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 25, 2016
Siena:

What makes Nigeria any different? Shoes are shoes, feet are feet and pedals are pedals, regardless of the country.

Besides, I did drive in Nigeria, and I wore shoes even back then. wink

You talk as if it's everyday rhat one gets to wear shoes. Abi don't you drive in weekends when you may not be with shoes? I wanna assume accidents can still happen on such days.

In the event of accident, shoes or no shoes, depending on the severity, anywhere in the body can be damaged.

Damn thing even messed up my right shoe after a while, creating stupid lines. angry

undecided

Abeg, team #shoeless driving grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lexus Launches New Flagship LS Sedan / 5 Signs That Indicates Your Transmission Needs To Be Flushed / Check For Stolen Vehicles On This Site By Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.