Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? (556 Views)

Prophet Jacob Mackenzie's Shoes & Feet Worshipped By Church Members / "Prophet Jacob Turns Water Into Petrol In Church In South Africa"- Facebook User / Why Do People Name Their Children 'jacob'. Is The Name Even Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by BustScam: 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
Happy Sunday Nairalanders,

I am sure we all are aware of the story of how Jacob got married to Rachael.

We were gisting about this topic today and I had to bring it on here for the Nairaland community.

We all know he was SCAMMED by LABAN who was his Father-in-Law!

So, I put it to you this day, what would you have done if you were in Jacob's Shoes?
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by Flexherbal(m): 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
It is called reaping what you sowed.
He himself did similar things to people, even his brother.
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by BustScam: 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Flexherbal:
It is called reaping what you sowed. He himself did similar things to people, even his brother.
Ohh really?
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by divinehand2003(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
That's his punishment for scamming his brother Esau and his father Isaac.
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by itstpia8: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:

Ohh really?

why not read the bible and accept Jesus Christ into your life while you're at it.
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders,

I am sure we all are aware of the story of how Jacob got married to Rachael.

We were gisting about this topic today and I had to bring it on here for the Nairaland community.

We all know he was SCAMMED by LABAN who was his Father-in-Law!

So, I put it to you this day, what would you have done if you were in Jacob's Shoes?

Same thing.

He handled it very well, and ran off after paying his debt. He also gained a huge number of sheep, and two wives.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by BustScam: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
That's his punishment for scamming his brother Esau and his father Isaac.

You're of the school of thought that says an eye for an eye?

BTW, I asked what you will do...
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by BustScam: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
itstpia8:

why not read the bible and accept Jesus Christ into your life while you're at it.

What makes you think I do not believe in Jesus?
Re: If You Were Jacob, What Would You Have Done? by itstpia8: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:

What makes you think I do not believe in Jesus?

Because of this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2149329/unbelievers-opening-threads-preach-christians

(1) (Reply)

White Garment Church And Dreadlock? / Ashes Or Life (spare A Little Of Your Time And Read) / Breaking: 19 Northern Governors Orders Churches To Obtain Preaching Lincences O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.