Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress (19906 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Nigeria Labour Congress Hails Senate, Threatens Mass Action / Underground For 2 Years, Tompolo, Still Looms Large In The Niger Delta / As Nigeria Shifts Nearer To The Break Line (A Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by dragunov: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
BetaThings:

I am not from ND but this is not a valid argument
He is saying resources are taken from his backyard and he gets virtually nothing but his environment is destroyed
But other places not suffering environmental degradation are benefitting from oil resources

It does not matter if they are spending all the money on NairaBet
It is their money - give it to them first

Dude, they have been receiving funds for the development of their region via allocations and NDDC. They even have a Nigerdelta ministry. Yet the place is still worse off, the people are impoverished while their leaders gloat. If other regions have been developed, it is because of good leadership. If the ND is endowed with 'oyel' but not visionaries, it is hardly anybody's fault. Unfortunately, they keep blaming other regions for their woes.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Deen77: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2016

SeverusSnape:

How has the petroleum ministry fared under the present minister??... Why are there still queues all over the country till now??

I guess your topic is not related to the petroleum ministry, of which I said the person heading it is dull.

Ask yourself a simple question, if we continue importing petroleum with the little money from crude now, how can we progress as a nation.

The reason why PDP failed is importing petroleum products and paying subsidies with the money from Oil boom, nothing left for saving and project.

Imagine that we are refining locally and spend all the trillion for subsidies for other projects.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by groovie(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
Tokety7:

U know this based on engineering studies or figments of imagination? Which of the two please? Far older refineries still work profitably well, why should ours be an exception?
I dont make statements based on imagination when we are all doing critical analysis on issues that can move the country forward. If you have further knowledge u can enlighten everybody. This is what i have experienced and have also gathered from people who know.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Deen77: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nostradamu:

God bless you for asking him, her (or it) this SENSIBLE question. Sorry Nigeria has been in this quagmire for years, sorry things are Fcvked up right now, sorry the future of the country seemingly looks uncertain etc. But, to make the country great again, we all have to try and have an ounce of faith in this new regime, as bitter as this pill may be --very bitter.

Also, what has the previous stewards of the state he's crying about done to alleviate the sufferings of our brothers and sisters from the south-south? Can they render proper account of monies allocated to them while they were in office? This month, the fed has asked that deductions from bailout funds should not be removed from source (to allow payment of worker's salaries, which some governors had squandered during the 2015 elections) before sharing money from the excess crude account. Tell me, what more can a government do to show that they want the best for this country?

Lastly, it's not as if i agree with all the policies of the incumbent president (at all), but i'm not blind to the fact that it seems (it seems cause four years isn't up yet.) they are making a head-start in reviving this Lazarus called Nigeria.

Irrespective, whether it's an igbo man, itshekiri, ijaw, fulani, Indian, Youruba, German that's ruling the country: God bless Nigeria.

Thank you, how can a reasonable government be importing fuel to run our economy for 16 years wasting our money on importation and subsidies payment.

If we are to progress, importing petroleum products an essential commodities must stop and refining locally.

Money for subsidies inject on projects.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by adetobi12: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:
The petroleum minister is a dullard. He should resign.

Nigerians are suffering on the queues and they are here lying to themselves.

Propagandists tongue
You can never satisfy some people regardless of what you do.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by adetobi12: 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2016
if this is true, this is a sign of positive change we voted for. May God help them.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by yanabasee(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
jpphilips:

Can you give us the list of petroleum ministers from 1979 till date

You can use ur google...

And being a minister of petroleum doesn't mean they have the final say about oil money!....

The oil money isn't controlled by the minister of petroleum... Take note!
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by yanabasee(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
Deen77:

Thank you, how can a reasonable government be importing fuel to run our economy for 16 years wasting our money on importation and subsidies payment.

If we are to progress, importing petroleum products an essential commodities must stop and refining locally.

Money for subsidies inject on projects.

This previous government that you're condemning comprises of Obasanjo who's now the brain behind most Buhari's decision makin in this country...

GEJ's regime did his best and you people should let go his government and look into this administration.... Haba... How much of your past can u remember? The man is out there living his life and all you zombies keep a reminder of his regime fOr history sake!

This administration isn't any better than others... So calm down and don't draw ur conclusion yet!
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by ocelot2006(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
MarysMeal:

There is one called severussnape here, he always pray for the down fall of his country.

Correction: no one is praying for Nigeria's downfall. We simply tired of this administration's incompetence with the airhead Buhari at the helm.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by BetaThings: 3:21am On Apr 26, 2016
Babalegba:
Nairaland is a good place to understand that the black man is fvcked. ,selfish upsidedown thinking controlled by his passions according to Nazis and unable to resist temptation.
What is the benefit of all these

Babalegba:
Where exactly in the developing world do you see governments giving 100% of proceeds from natural resources to the producing state.
And you accuse other of lacking original thinking
Nigeria can always evolve its own
So who is agitating for giving them 100%

So how much do all the vaunted
Limestone is a natural resource which has extracted for so many years, How much goes to the host community and how much goes to the federation account?
Gold,
Tin
Bitumen?

Please answer

Babalegba:
The F.G gives the producing states more money than non producing states to balance things out
But you believe in balance when they get 13% of the revenue
and 100% of the environmental costs

Babalegba:
Did they work to put the oil in the ground or is it an accident of nature or God

So did Ondo State work to put bitumen on the ground?
Or Ogun or Benue people, limestone
Jos People, tin
Enugu people, coal

So how much environmental costs are these people bearing, how much are they paid by the FG

Why are farmers saying herdsmen should not invade their farmlands, did they create the land and the grass?
Russia has the largest freshwater resources - did they work to put it on the ground?
Can you demand your own fair share of it?

Thinking like yours led to the tragedy of Aral Sea

Babalegba:
He and his leaders should learn not squander the sizeable sum they are getting from the F.G

please prove to me that only the ND squanders
And The type of attitude you display has been well documented
When blacks complain, whites find it hard to believe that the complaints are genuine and just wave them away
Isn't it ironic that you are behaving like whites in relation to the Black Live Matter movement

Whites always point to Chicago when a white cop shoots a black man like he is doing target practice!
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by BetaThings: 3:32am On Apr 26, 2016
dragunov:
Dude, they have been receiving funds for the development of their region via allocations and NDDC. They even have a Nigerdelta ministry.
Yet the place is still worse off,
When you add 13% derivation money, money allocated to NDDC and to ND ministry
would you get up to 20% of what is taken from their?
But they cannot fish, farm normally because the environment is degraded
Can 20% compensate for that?

Would you like to be from a Non-oil producing area and get to share 80% of oil revenue without suffering environmental and health issues
or be from ND and get 20% of revenue and 100% of fumes from gas flaring

dragunov:
the people are impoverished while their leaders gloat. If other regions have been developed, it is because of good leadership. If the ND is endowed with 'oyel' but not visionaries, it is hardly anybody's fault. Unfortunately, they keep blaming other regions for their woes.

What good leadership?
Nigeria is an import dependent country - what finished goods do we produce to export to other countries
Chinese and people from Togo, Benin etc are doing artisanal work in Lagos while a lot of youths are lamenting that there are no jobs

BTW So who has been flaring gas since 1958?
The same people from the other parts of Nigeria who have good leadership and who are so careful about managing resources
Who was in charge during oil boom? What was done with it?
Nigeria has been producing oil since 1958, before you were born, a ND man ruled for only 5.5years out of that
Nigeria is still backward

David Mark does not go home by road, but by helicopter
Good leadership indeed
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by Tokety7: 4:36am On Apr 26, 2016
groovie:

I dont make statements based on imagination when we are all doing critical analysis on issues that can move the country forward. If you have further knowledge u can enlighten everybody. This is what i have experienced and have also gathered from people who know.

I am in a position to know by virtue of training and trade. Am not an ignoramus in the business. When I tell u that the refineries haven't reached their shelf life yet, I know what am talking about.
Place them in the market for sale and see willing investors willing to buy up. Why will they want to do that if they are scrap?
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by groovie(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2016
Tokety7:

I am in a position to know by virtue of training and trade. Am not an ignoramus in the business. When I tell u that the refineries haven't reached their shelf life yet, I know what am talking about.
Place them in the market for sale and see willing investors willing to buy up. Why will they want to do that if they are scrap?
Okay Sir.
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by jpphilips(m): 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
yanabasee:

You can use ur google...

And being minister a petroleum doesn't mean they have the final say about oil money!....

The oild money isn't controlled by the minister of petroleum... Take note!

How old are you?
Re: Fuel Crisis: New Underground Crude Supply Line, A Sign Of Change In Progress by yanabasee(m): 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
jpphilips:

How old are you?

I'll assume you don't have a reasonable thing to say...

I don't discuss politics with people who's level of reasoning is below poor and infertile...

If you asked me this silly question becaus of the above typo, then I'll accept the insult and heed away with shame..but if u're asking me this question to demote me..then you're a kid... Kids oft time like asking how old others are... You should grow up, son!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara State Governor Bans Sale And Consumption Of Alcohol / Malami Ask Governors To Decongest Prisons Immediately / Supreme Court Sends Warning On Odili Homes Raid: "Enough Is Enough, We Can Bite"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.