Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Over Estimation Of Oneself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over Estimation Of Oneself (336 Views)

The Rulings Of Relieving Oneself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over Estimation Of Oneself by AAPS(m): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
SUNDAY SERMON
DATE: 24-04-2016
LIVINGVINE PROPHETIC MINISTRY, INC
LIVING VINE CHURCH (LVC) P.O. BOX 87,AKUNGBA AKOKO,ONDO STATE.
MINISTERING: PASTOR AJIDAHUN
CAPTION: ONE OF THE REASON WHY WE DON'T APPRECIATE GOD
(OVER ESTIMATION OF OURSELVES).

TEXT: 1 Cor. 3:21(TLB)
21 So don’t be proud of following the wise men of this world. For God has already given you everything you need.

* When we overestimate ourselves it becomes very hard for us to give thanks to God.

* Most of the time is not our fault but its because of what comes out of pulpit(If the only word coming out always is; Go and possess your possession,all things has been giving to you,Take charge). These things are good but let their be moderation,the word coming from pulpit must be balance,touching all areas of life.

*We expect so many things from God, when it did not come to pass we don't see reason to Thank God.

* When we focus on all this things (The measurement of what we have and of what we don't have,will become dissatisfied. Then see no reason to thank God.

*Those who do these things,will always be boasting of possessing all things.

In John 3:27
KJV:John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
* Everything we have, was giving to us from Heaven.The food,shelter,education, good health etc. Were giving from Heaven.

Also in 1.Cor.4:7(AMP:For who separates you from the others [as a faction leader]? [Who makes you superior and sets you apart from another, giving you the preeminence?] What have you that was not given to you? If then you received it [from someone], why do you boast as if you had not received [but had gained it by your own efforts]?

Jer.9:23-24(MSG)
God's Message: "Don't let the wise brag of their wisdom.
Don't let heroes brag of their exploits. Don't let the rich brag of their riches.
If you brag, brag of this and this only: That you under­stand and know me.
I'm God, and I act in loyal love. I do what's right and set things right and fair,
and de­light in those who do the same things. These are my trademarks."
God's Decree.

MORAL LESSON
* No matter what don't over estimate yourself
* Be Humble; Only those humble can give thanks to God.
* Be thankful for the privilege you have that others don't have e.g Good health,Education
* You are at this position you are today by the Grace of God.

ACTION POINT.
MSG(MESSAGE BIBLE)
PS.100:4(MSG)
Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make your­selves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Wor­ship him.

PRAYER POINT
Lord give me the heart of Thanksgiving,praising and worshipping you always. No matter the situation I'm in.

(1) (Reply)

Youths Attack Church Over Allegations Of Adultery By Bishop / The Tramp / It's Almost Sunset, Have You Read Suratul Kahf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.