Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

3 Things To Do After Secondary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Things To Do After Secondary School (4767 Views)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / 3 Things To Do To Make Your 2017 UTME Registration Faster And Stress Free / What's Next After Secondary School?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things To Do After Secondary School by zico124(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2016
3THINGS TO DO AFTER SECONDARY SCHOOL

Information is power. As a colleague always say "the two kinds of students that will not make it are:
(i)Those that are myopic
(ii)those that get vital information and refuse to take steps"
Many secondary school leavers will begin to ask themselves what next? After leaving secondary school or as some will ask how do I keep myself busy, better and creative before jamb
Straight to the point, 3things to do after leaving secondary school while waiting for jamb or admission
(i)TAKE A PROFESSIONAL COURSE TRAINING: This sounds funny isn't it but well its true. There are many professional courses that students can start immediately after leaving secondary school, one good example of such is the Accounting Technician Scheme(ATS) although majorly for students who intend to explore the accounting world but record have it that the best in this field are usually students with science background who develop interest in the accounting profession. So if you are interested in the profession you can enrol yourself in any professional training centre around you and when your o'level result is out, you can use it to write the exam. Many opportunities awaits such students e.g direct entry to Federal universities with ATSIII, job opportunities etc
(ii)TAKE A VOCATIONAL COURSE: You can learn and specialized in a section of fashion, computer application,electrical or electronics catering,decoration,architecture,welding,carpentry, leader works etc we call them "hand work" in Nigeria. The good thing about this is that it can be your stepping stone in life and help you develop interest in a particular field or profession.
(iii)TAKE UP A MENIAL JOB: working as a sales girl or boy, an assistant care giver in a kindergarten school or even an office assistant will help you improve on your interpersonal relationship and skills. however, students taking up part-time jobs must be careful so that they don't end up being lured away from their vision with the stipends called salary

There are many other things that can help you build your future but the emphasis is that you must get something to do and always engage your mind in resourceful and productive thinking.
Remember that an idle mind is the devils tool

www.sureinformationng.com

please house let's add more to this list to help secondary school graduates awaiting jamb or admission
Re: 3 Things To Do After Secondary School by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Don't forget your friends _____ smiley

Re: 3 Things To Do After Secondary School by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Don't forget your friends _____ smiley
Yeah, I did. Not my fault, life happened.
Re: 3 Things To Do After Secondary School by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
AirSultan:
Yeah, I did. Not my fault, life happened.

Its normal......

Re: 3 Things To Do After Secondary School by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Its normal......
ofcos it is..

(1) (Reply)

Buy Customize Real University Degrees,diploma,nysc,hnd Certificate For Sale / City And Guilds Exams / Gce Results Released Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.