Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Sprinter Femi Ogunode Blazes To World Leading 9.91 Sec 100m - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sprinter Femi Ogunode Blazes To World Leading 9.91 Sec 100m (977 Views)

2018 World Cup : Meet The 32 Captains Leading Their Teams Into Battle / Nigerians React To World Cup 30-Man Provisional Squad / Usain Bolt Retains His 100m Gold Medal At Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sprinter Femi Ogunode Blazes To World Leading 9.91 Sec 100m by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 25, 2016
Femi Ogunode running for Qatar is one of the most underrated sprinters in the world.

He has been saying for a couple of years that he is capable of beating the world.

I think if we want to improve our chances of medals in Rio Olympics then we should try and persuade him back to the Nigerian team in time for the Olympics.

[img]http://www.qatarsports.today/file/2016/04/pic-athletics-fimi-flash-7-4-16.png[/img]

http://www.watchathletics.com/video/other/3508/femi-ogunode-9-91-new-100m-wl-and-equals-asian-record-at-tom-jones-memorial-invitational-2016/
Re: Sprinter Femi Ogunode Blazes To World Leading 9.91 Sec 100m by ghadaphy(m): 3:47am On Apr 25, 2016
in case this makes it to FP, am here
Re: Sprinter Femi Ogunode Blazes To World Leading 9.91 Sec 100m by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 25, 2016
How did you get into representing Qatar?
I was supposed to represent Nigeria at the Beijing 2008 Olympics, however due to some manoeuvres that I could not understand I was dropped from the team. Prior to that I had qualified to represent Nigeria at the All African Games in Algiers but some politicking ensured that I was dropped from the team despite making the trials. These acts were discouraging but I decided to keep on training and working hard because who knows, I could be favoured by one of the powers that be in the future. My dad was also a great source of encouragement because he always told me to be the best that I could be despite whatever challenges that came my way.

One day, I got a mail from Qatar asking if I was interested in coming to their country and I said yes but told them I had no funds to move. They told me to send my passport and I was given passage to Qatar. The rest as they say is history as I became a Nigerian-Qatari

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/sports-features/193998-interview-why-i-dumped-nigeria-for-qatar-asias-fastest-man-ogunode.html

Re: Sprinter Femi Ogunode Blazes To World Leading 9.91 Sec 100m by worksmart(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
smiley

(1) (Reply)

. / Victor Emenayo: "I Am 23, Not 40" - Nigerian Footballer Insists / I’ll Marry A Nigerian Man - Female Winner Of Lagos Marathon, Rodah Jepkho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.