Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) (26123 Views)

Man Drowns In A River In Katsina-Ala, Benue While Swimming With Friends / Flood Drowns Woman With Her Car In Tamale, Ghana (Video, Photo) / Nigerian Austin Oga Drowns In US While Swimming With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Skryptchex(m): 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
youngwarlocks:
His Death can be traced to Buhari and NYSC's inconsistency and incompetence. if you understand click like if you dont click share. RIP dude
Sharap there!
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by kceewhyte(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
Rest in Peace corper
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by xpensive05: 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2016
Just spoke with him on Friday only to hear dat he is no more....still feels like am dreaming RIP bro till we meet again

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by youngwarlocks: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
Angelberry:
Sharap there!

NOTHAPPENINGMA
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by NTAChannel5: 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bad news everyday cry
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Dollipsejay(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
hemartins:
When I'm about to take life too seriously then I remember...

Eyan le ku any fourkin time
sure jawe..
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Ibime(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
There is no way someone who can swim will drown in a swimming pool. . . . except he hit his head on something and fell in the pool.

The way the OP dismissed the idea of foul play and start giving advice "not to go in the deep end" shows our level of superstitious thinking and poor exposure in this country.

If the boy can swim, there is nothing that can make him drown in a swimming pool except loss of bodily function.

The family must do a thorough autopsy to establish the cause of death.

In addition, the hotel is liable if someone drowns in their swimming pool in the absence of a lifeguard.
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by tomholly: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
RIP OOOOOO
kissval1388:
Hello nairalanders,
It was a painful Sunday in Gombe state yesterday as a boy drown at Gombe international hotel along 3 mile tumfure road.
The young man is an Igbo boy named nwobodo. He just graduated and is waiting for Nysc posting this year .
We were very surprise because the boy can swim. Up till now we can't tell what killed this brilliant boy. The mom is still crying because she can't believe that her son who finish eating in the afternoon won't return home alive.
My candid advice to every Nairalander is to be very careful when swimming. if you can't swim, just stay within 5ft to 5.5ft. if you can swim, enjoy at 6.5ft to 7ft.
Dont ever go close to 9ft or 10 ft. its a death trap.
My prayer to everyone is that these type of misfortune will never befall us, our family and friends in Jesus name I pray Amen.
As for now, I will stay away from international hotel cus my parents want to kill me with advice.
Rip nwobodo. we love you, the people of Gombe love you. crying.
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by bimsite(f): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
The rate pple died dis days is so alarming embarassedI pray we will nt die untimely death in jesus name (AMEN)
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by brojoshua: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
He has finished his own journey whether short or long. And he is reserved for somewhere whether heaven or hell in the Day of the Judge of the world the Lord Jesus Christ, according to his faith, that is whether he truly believed in the Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God and the only begotten Son of God and the Saviour of the world, or not.
As for him his case has been closed and he can only serve as lessons for the living, I mean one may learn lessons from his life. But there is still hope for you the living.
So let all people who are sinners (and are sinning) believe in Jesus Christ the Saviour of the world and they shall be saved. For He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. Believe in Him that you may not perish and then perish eternally. And let them who believe repent from their sins. Let them who believe in Him and repent from their sins submit themselves to true ministers of Christ Jesus to be baptized in water in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. And let such also join the true Christians to fellowship with and worship God with them. The form of this world is passing away. Blessed are they who hear or read the words of God and believed Him . Thank you
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
banmee:

You sabi English so? Jesus!!!
Maybe you should've know that it was "drawn" that was written there before quoting me ... ITK
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by emmyreb(f): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Dis remind me of my neighbour's son death...a day to final project in Skul, e got drown
also left home after abandoning food to flex wid frnds in hotel
rip....Ibrahim
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by banmee(m): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Maybe you should've know that it was "drawn" that was written there before quoting me ... ITK

I am commenting on what I saw. wink
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by lildush(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
oh my God .. dis guy is my brothers friend he came to my house Som months ago. now dis .. well its d lords doing.. rest in peace stainless... its a very sad end for u. may God giv ur family d fortitude to bear d loss... amen
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by kunle4you: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
For more visit www.talkativenaija.com
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by ositaboy: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Chai iiiiii

Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by GuDErboY(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
My friend my brother.....Told me u were goin to stop by at my plce in Jos dis week......Why death..why?
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Why is it that people from that side find it hard to ask for assistance, whats wrong with admitting that you can t swim and be taught rather than form that you can swim just to impress some gal. Now see the pain hes causing to his family.
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by kosokoadeyemi: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
Rip
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
banmee:

I am commenting on what I saw. wink
better
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by banmee(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
better

Better how?
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Stanleywaxy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
banmee:

Better how?
Nothing bro ... We cool
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Arckeen: 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
So sad!!!! I know this man very well, na same church we Dey attend potters porch church ilorin. he Dey ushering department, calm gentle man. RIP to him.
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by charlesbailey(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
you are stupid.
youngwarlocks:
His Death can be traced to Buhari and NYSC's inconsistency and incompetence. if you understand click like if you dont click share. RIP dude
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by youngwarlocks: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
charlesbailey:
you are stupid.
Noted
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
cry Why is it that most of these guys who die prematurely are mostly the only kid to their parents ...
So sad ... RIP Man ... Rest in the bossom of the Lord .

Op , try change that your topic ...It's drown not what you wrote there . Can cause a confusion , at first I thought it was an art work you meant.
Learn more English if you want to correct people.
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by christabell18(f): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
I dnt agree to one of the swimming advices u gave,to me,if u cnt swim...don't get in the water at all cos even when d water isn't up to ur knee,it could still sweep u off ur feet.*from experience*..anywaiz..rip
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Lukenitheooo6(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Rip
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by Stanleywaxy(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2016
Mekwen:
Learn more English if you want to correct people.
Maybe you should've asked me what was wrong with what he wrote before ... Aturu Awusa
Re: Graduate Drowns At Gombe International Hotel (pics) by yemmat2008(m): 8:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Do you need a swimming coach this summer for you and your kids Its important you know how to swim as the world is sorrounded by water.... You don't know where you will find your self tomorrow.

(1) Teach age-appropriate skills. The average age of your class will determine your lesson plans and goals; very young children will not respond to certain challenges that older children may thrive with.

For instance, children under a year old should simply become acquainted with playing in water rather than being forced to swim.[5] Often, teachers get bored teaching fundamental skills and jump to something that interests them rather than that properly challenges the students. Be patient and mindful of your students' needs.
You may consider shadowing a more experienced swim teacher in order to observe how they react to different demographics of children. Contact a community gym, pool, or fitness center to see if this is an option.

(2) Encourage the development of coordination. Children won't be competent swimmers until the age of about six or seven, but skill-building in a classroom environment can begin before that age.[6] Children between four and six years old can benefit from coordination and stabilization exercises in the water. These exercises will help them get used to the basics of moving in the water.
Water safety should also be a prioritized lesson at this age. Teach children not to run by water, to be careful on slippery surfaces, and follow a protocol when entering and exiting a pool.

Be patient. Children at this age are not learning disciplined form; they are learning how to interact with the water. Interest levels and prowess will change day-to-day at this age.

water is a fundamental skill for swimming in general.

(3) Independent floating can be taught as an assisted wall float: with the student's back in the water, have them place their heels on the edge of the pool, anchoring them. Then, have the student extend their legs, flattening their body on the surface of the water and spreading their weight out to the length of their body. Once their legs are extended and their body is floating on the water, have them breathe normally and sustain the float for as long as possible.
It is best for them to not use their hands to assist their float. Once they master the assisted wall float, they should move on to try floating without any assistance.

(4) Teach stomach floating. This form of floating can help students get used to having their head and stomach underwater. Much like the assisted wall float, this exercise requires students to put their feet on the pool edge and extend their legs; this time, though, they will be floating on their stomach rather than on their back. Keeping hips and shoulders on the surface of the water, students must take a deep breath and put their face under the water. Students may use hands for the stomach float, but only to help bring the head up for another breath.
Assisted wall floats and stomach floating can be alternated as part of a drill or a game. Challenge students to be the one who can sustain a float the longest.

(5) Teach wall push-offs. Students who know how to push off a wall to float will understand how to use momentum to move in water. While their feet are on the wall of the pool, have the student take a breath and push off the wall. This will propel them through the water. Have the student relax and feel their head, legs, and arms sink in the water as they lose momentum and finally stop. This will help them become accustomed to sinking in the water and correcting this with a float. You don't necessarily have to couple this with a lesson in strokes, but a wall push-off is a good exercise to pair with continued movement through the water.
You may want to conduct this exercise in the short end of the pool, so that inexperienced swimmers can stand up after they lose momentum.
Water noodles and floating boards are good tools to pair with this exercise, so inexperienced swimmers can experiment with using their legs and arms to continue movement

(6) Encourage the development of discipline. Often, the point of instructing young children is to instill discipline, self-awareness, self-esteem, and curiosity rather than build great technique. Empathize with your students and understand the challenges they are facing in trying something strange and new. Making their first experience with swimming a friendly, safe, and responsible one can lead to a lifelong interest in learning.
A safe environment can be established through instructional generosity. Sandwich "corrections" with compliments, reward those who try new things, and keep in mind each child's fears or weaknesses.
At the same time, hold students responsible for their conduct, discipline, and effort. Make sure lesson plans are followed, even if altered. Here is my number 07032779661 Lagos Nigeria
kissval1388:
Hello nairalanders,
It was a painful Sunday in Gombe state yesterday as a boy drown at Gombe international hotel along 3 mile tumfure road.
The young man is an Igbo boy named nwobodo. He just graduated and is waiting for Nysc posting this year .
We were very surprise because the boy can swim. Up till now we can't tell what killed this brilliant boy. The mom is still crying because she can't believe that her son who finish eating in the afternoon won't return home alive.
My candid advice to every Nairalander is to be very careful when swimming. if you can't swim, just stay within 5ft to 5.5ft. if you can swim, enjoy at 6.5ft to 7ft.
Dont ever go close to 9ft or 10 ft. its a death trap.
My prayer to everyone is that these type of misfortune will never befall us, our family and friends in Jesus name I pray Amen.
As for now, I will stay away from international hotel cus my parents want to kill me with advice.
Rip nwobodo. we love you, the people of Gombe love you. crying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 African Men Display Great Acrobatic Skills From Air / Please Help; Everybody Thinks I'm Rich / Wifi Password Hack 2013_an Application That Enables You Hack Any Wifi Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.