Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge (16334 Views)

Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing / 5 Reasons Your Smartphone Battery Will Always Be Low / Here Are Top Reason Why Your Smartphone Battery Now Drain Twice As Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by anochuko01(m): 7:28am On Apr 26, 2016
no 2 when light no dey? even at 99%, I still dey find my charger to charge again....
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2016
morganist99:
custom ROM enables you to update or upgrade your phones operating system when there is non available ota upgrade provided by your carrier... You have to download and update

Not neccessasrily that tho
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Agimor(m): 7:31am On Apr 26, 2016
Everything the Op wrote there Na myths.
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by morganist99(m): 7:36am On Apr 26, 2016
ollah1:

Not neccessasrily that tho
undecided
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Segadem(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2016
morganist99:
custom ROM enables you to update or upgrade your phones operating system when there is non available ota upgrade provided by your carrier... You have to download and update
hmmmm, thanks, but does it mean my phone will run on other OS apart from the default os?
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by podosci(m): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2016
Charging your battery a 100% before use for tge first time after purchase, is it a myth or is it real?
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by morganist99(m): 7:43am On Apr 26, 2016
Segadem:
hmmmm, thanks, but does it mean my phone will run on other OS apart from the default os?
no it doesn't mean it will run on another os it depends on which you chose to download..visit xda developers to see the ones suitable for your phone
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Olukazzy: 7:56am On Apr 26, 2016
thanks for d info...
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Segadem(m): 7:56am On Apr 26, 2016
morganist99:
no it doesn't mean it will run on another os it depends on which you chose to download..visit xda developers to see the ones suitable for your phone
[size=14pt]Thanks jare, my boss![/size]
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Meesquared(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2016
those things were all crap. joor
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Goodnuel: 8:16am On Apr 26, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
I've always believed in number 3. Though that didn't stop me from charging overnight. And coz of the kind of fone I'm using (Z10) I don't have a choice with number 4. I just have to use an original charger. It takes me 5hrs to fill it up with 3rd party chargers and just above an hour with original charger.

Another myth is that making your battery fit tightly in your fone by adding a piece of paper will make it last longer. grin
That Z10 can select charger well well.. very annoying.
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by TrollinStone: 8:17am On Apr 26, 2016
G3NTL3SOUL:

1- Don't use your phone while charging

2- Let your battery run down completely before charging : This was applicable to old age batteries which are the Nickel Cadmium or Nickel-metal hydride batteries. These batteries used to be foolish. They tend to forget their full capacity hence can no longer charge 100% again.

3- Leaving your phone on charger overnight damages the battery : This is probably the most common. As it is believed overcharging reduces the battery's ability to hold charge. This is true for ancient lithium-ion batteries that could overheat or even explode if charged for too long. Modern phones however, are called smartphones for a reason. They're intelligent enough to detect or recognize when the battery is fully charged thereby limiting the power reaching the battery. In fact, most smartphones undergo trickle charge that improves battery health. Leaving your device to charge overnight is not as detrimental as they say. This however,doesn't guarantee you leave your device connected to the power source in excess of 12 hours. Some other factors might arise such as the battery overheating and this coupled with a poor battery casing might cause your battery to explode. It is more recommended to maintain battery juice between 40% - 80%.

4- Use only original charger to charge your phone : Although the use of official original charger is highly recommended, brand-off or third party chargers work just fine. However there's an exception to super-cheap crappy chargers which can lead to battery damage. A Licensed third party charger is just fine as long as it charges you device. Although it might take a longer time to fill up your battery.

Lol @ 1 & 2. I dont think anybody can afford to use phone while not charging or let it run down in these times of no fuel no light. Thats just dumb.
I always thought number 3 was true & used to keep my phone on the floor in case it explodes (don't wanna be roasted in my sleep). Number 4 is just based on charger output rating, using lesser or higher output chargers than the phone is 'posed to handle is what causes problems, hence the advice to use only original.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
am so certain of number1
Always using my phone while charging it.
and am yet to experience anything like battery damage
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by KelsAltair(m): 8:53am On Apr 26, 2016
I read this post two days ago on Android authority now I'm reading it verbatim again....OP and his mumu blog like copy and paste sha undecided undecided undecided
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 26, 2016
Number 2 is wrong, to an extent. Draining your battery at 0% level, once in 2 weeks, has a way of "resettiing" ur battery for a better retainability
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by obc: 9:13am On Apr 26, 2016
Thanks for making him more popular.
cathodekazim:
abeg whr is namadi al hassan kalu

cnt blv this guy is rotten in jail
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:21am On Apr 26, 2016
Goodnuel:
That Z10 can select charger well well.. very annoying.

Na cheese dey mess me up. Sh!t needs changing.
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by Omobola121(f): 11:33am On Apr 26, 2016
Tanx for this enlightenment.
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by xclusive43(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
I've always believed in number 3. Though that didn't stop me from charging overnight. And coz of the kind of fone I'm using (Z10) I don't have a choice with number 4. I just have to use an original charger. It takes me 5hrs to fill it up with 3rd party chargers and just above an hour with original charger.

Another myth is that making your battery fit tightly in your fone by adding a piece of paper will make it last longer. grin

That didn't work for me. I even ended up spoiling my phone...
Na Nokia torchlight tho grin
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
KelsAltair:
I read this post two days ago on Android authority now I'm reading it verbatim again....OP and his mumu blog like copy and paste sha undecided undecided undecided

The post was just Android Authority inspired and not control C + V
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by segunotiti(m): 11:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
Except from number 5, this is a perfect example of "don't believe what you read online "
Re: 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge by mosjames: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
If you use a good phone with a monstrous battery like the L5, you won't bother about battery or other stuffs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Online Businesses To Run With My 9.5 Million / "Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says / Finally Got My Itel S16 Guys!! Come See The Dope Pictures I Took With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.