Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,218 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities (38997 Views)

Four Truck Loads Of Fulani Herdsmen Invade Ondo Community / Herdsmen Invade Wole Soyinka's Residence In Ogun / Fulani Herdsmen Invade UNN Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by chinuz(m): 11:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
God forgive those men!
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 26, 2016
poseidon12:
And some gullible fools are supporting reserving some areas in all states for the marauding Fulani herdsmen. All states in the south need to have strong, armed vigilantes that can be mobilized quickly to deal with the Fulani herdsmen.

With all these crimes going on. some idiots will somehow want to convince you that Shiites are mor dangerous. .... and why is the lying military slow to act on these guys.
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by Babacele: 3:23am On Apr 26, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Shebi u don almost clock 40?
Don't continue this kind of thing after that.. else it will be forever.
i dont have time for uneducated ,mindblind ,stewpid kid who may never grow to 40,no matter d admonition nor nourishment.... swerve..
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by Fyno: 5:48am On Apr 26, 2016
Gradually they're coming to conquer the unconquered IBO's.from Enugu to ebonyi then Abia and IMO.with the collaboration of the army the Fulani's are back to fulfill the prophesy of Usman Dan Fodio of Nigeria been his estate.
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by judondasylva(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2016
tragic
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by Rafaell(m): 2:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided I think we the southerners need to unite and sponsor an apology to the fulani's on the frontpage of 3 newspapers so this killings can stop. Nnamdi Kanu caused these senseless killings by abusing the hausa fulanis on Radio Biafra and calling for their deaths. We should also support the grazing bill so these guys can graze their cattle in peace. The Fulani's are good and peaceful guys until Nnamdi kanu provoked them. We yoruba's are ready to grant them our lands for grazing. The igbos need to do the same for the sake of peace sad

hahahahahaha... U must be very good @throwing jibes. I love this !!
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

The chest beaters underestimate the Fulani and their resolute unforgiving culture of revenge especially when you steal or kill their cows.

They have a network of support and allegiance between themselves, when in need they will just extend a kola of invitation to other clans to join them against a more formidable adversary.

The Fulani value their cows more than life itself and if touched be rest assured they will come back for revenge; it doesn't even matter how long it takes them, they surely come back for their pound of flesh - even if it means passing it to the next or several generations down the line.

These IPOBians don't know what they have gotten themselves into; they think by killing a few of them and stealing their cows will scare them off; well how wrong, they've just stirred the hornet's nest - God help them.
For God's sake why do u alws take side when commenting on herdsmen and their ever unending circle of attacks? Does it not strike a chord in u when herdsmen invade pples farms with their cattles? We re both muslims so u shud be aware that what is bad is bad! It is selfish, self-centred, barbaric and wicked of d herdsmen who alws ignite conflict with their host communities by invading pples farms! It is not done anywhere! Its heart shattering when u remember that some of those farmers borrowed frm banks to set up their farms! It is simply unacceptable! The continuous treachery of these herdsmen both in d SW and SE is making it increasingly difficut for proponents of a one Nigeria to continue to maintain their stand! Their violence in d Southern part of d country amounts to burning d already weak bridge that binds u together! Emotions are building up and until Northerners like u actually call it for what it is, then be assured that it will definitely spiral out of control!
U constantly enjoy to remind southerners on NL hw dreadful of d herdsmen they shud be! Be reminded Southerners re not cowards but re definitely not bloodsuckers like herdsmen and BH. Its because of d violent posture of d North some section of d south continue to seek for d dissolution of d already fragile union!
Buhari's silence is even more shocking for pple like us who ve been his decade long supporter! He shud quickly remember now that he is not d president of fulanis or herdsmen but d whole country! Evrday his silence over such an issue seriously requiring national emergency, continues to justify d assertion of pple who think that he(Buhari) remains d sectional man he is perceived to be! I'm particularly disheartened and feel heart broken by this deafening silence of his!
Cc, fulanimafia, Aufbauh, omenka, ziccoit, fiizznation, EdCure, TonyeBarcanista, PassingShot, Rawani
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
^^^^ I am indeed saddened by such a poor show of comprehension; pls pray tell anywhere in my post where I sided with the Fulani; except to highlight their character/trait for revenge - which itself was prompted by an avalanche of chest beating posts laced with the usual insults.
I cannot recall where you had previously engaged me on a similar subject; even if you had, then I am sure my position has always maintained that there is always another side to the Fulani/farmer's clash, which has often gone under reported by a biased media.
I have also maintained that the clashes are not restricted or confined only to the south but a national problem which exists everywhere there are farmers and herdsmen (the entire north included).
I also believe any statement from Buhari at this juncture would invariably be misconstrued and misinterpreted by pre-programmed minds in the south already charged by its biased media, who continue to give the problem a one dimensional ethnic/religious perspective rather than economic/cultural problem that it truly is.
I commend the president for keeping mute and instead quietly working in the background to address the issue, among which included the grazing bill.
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
While u accuse me of exhibiting comprehension problem I shall overlook such insulting remark and continue to intellectually engage u in meaningful discuss!
Although u have not openly sided with d herdsmen but if u care to go tru some of ur previous post u will see that they re utterly devoid of condemnation for the savagery of those fulanis! This recent butcheries call for unrestrained condemnation! Unfortunately the condemnations re not coming from d right areas! These silence, take it frm me, will be perceived as an indication of support for all the butchery and constant incursion into farm lands! The President cannot be silent when pple are being killed! Pple cannot afford to be killed because there re cows to be fed! That is barbaric! It cannot be justified! Don't praise d President when he is wrong! That is bigotry! Though am frm d SS but I hated GEJ for this very reason! I wanted an all inclusive President we can all be proud of! The President will not be quite when the life his own child is at risk! The president is supposed to be our father! Father of d whole country! Get it!
Cc, itsmeaboki
Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by Roadmike(m): 10:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
NIGERIANS BEWARE.

THIS IS THE JIHAD AS PLANNED BY BUHARI, HENCE HIS SILENCE AND NON CONDEMNATION. RATHER DSS IS BEING USED TO SUPPORT AND FACILITATE THE JIHAD.

WHAT WE ARE WITNESSING NOW IS WHAT THEY CALL UPRISING.

PREPARATORY TO THE FULL DECLARATION OF JIHAD OR ISLAMIC STATE

THE FUNNY OR RATHER SAD PART OF THIS STORY IS THAT IT WAS EARLIER REPORTED THAT THEY WERE PLANNING YET NOBODY DID ANY THING UNTILL IT HAPPENED.

THE GOC, CP AND ALL HEAD OF SECURITY AGENCIES IN THE STATE MUST BE SACKED. SAD PART IS THEIR MASTER -BUHARI IS IN SUPPORT OF THIS..

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:45am On Apr 30, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
While u accuse me of exhibiting comprehension problem I shall overlook such insulting remark and continue to intellectually engage u in meaningful discuss!
Although u have not openly sided with d herdsmen but if u care to go tru some of ur previous post u will see that they re utterly devoid of condemnation for the savagery of those fulanis! This recent butcheries call for unrestrained condemnation! Unfortunately the condemnations re not coming from d right areas! These silence, take it frm me, will be perceived as an indication of support for all the butchery and constant incursion into farm lands! The President cannot be silent when pple are being killed! Pple cannot afford to be killed because there re cows to be fed! That is barbaric! It cannot be justified! Don't praise d President when he is wrong! That is bigotry! Though am frm d SS but I hated GEJ for this very reason! I wanted an all inclusive President we can all be proud of! The President will not be quite when the life his own child is at risk! The president is supposed to be our father! Father of d whole country! Get it!
Cc, itsmeaboki

Holy Moses!
How does not condemning the Fulani equate to siding with them?
God you are incorrigible, how is is that in anyway logical let alone intellectual?
Yes, I did not condemn the Fulanis out-rightly because, like I have already mentioned, there are always two sides to a story.
Unfortunately, the Fulani side is often distorted or under reported or not reported at all - because of a biased press.
Do you know that the Fulanis are themselves often the victims: attacked, killed, their cattle killed or their stolen by rustlers/farmers?
Do you know that many of the attacks reported against the Fulanis are actually reprisals/revenge after they had been attacked but on the other hand, the press would vilify them as the instigators?
Do you know that some criminals attack and rob communities disguised as Fulanis in order to hide their identities so as to shift the blame on the Fulanis?
Do you know that the current crisis is being politicized by some interest groups in order to heat up the polity towards their selfish agenda, using the dominant southern press which apparently lends itself to be utilised as a willing tool to misinform the gullible public.
For example: Do you know the Uzo - Uwani, Enugu massacre actually had nothing to do with Fulani herdsmen (as earlier reported and subsequently went viral over several social media platforms) but a deadly clash between some Igbo hoodlums - did you noticed, however, how Igbos flooded the internet with so many threads exaggerating the casualties, blaming and insulting the Fulani in order to whip up ethnic hatred among their ppl and to gain support for their separatist agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZ6B0Lrbbg

Although I am not saying the Fulanis are entirely blameless in the ongoing crisis; however, I will not blindly follow in condemning them just because you said so or simply to satisfy your ethnic bias against them based on less than objectively balance reporting.

Neither should the president do same when there are still lingering doubts over the identities of the real culprits; however, I do commend him for trying to find a more long lasting solution to the problem through the proposed grazing bill and for immediately ordering the army and police to ruthlessly deal with anybody involved in such uprising - as an interim measure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust / The ‘landlords’ Of NASS: Longest Serving Lawmakers In The National Assembly (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.