Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,074 members, 7,835,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG (9710 Views)

Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays / Oil Marketers ‘Plot’ Kachikwu's Removal / FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by ceejay80s(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
We were formally farmers but u govt open our eyes to oil, stealing, scams , greed , now una don belle full ,una want make we return to farming?
Its not possible , we must continue with the oil money

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by DExplorer1: 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
Vision2045:

THANK YOU...MINISTER OF INFORMATION...YOU ARE SIGHTED
Fixed!
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by Kunlegzy(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
drss:
d amount of lies by dis visionless govt is very shameful sad
subsidy dues before GEJ left aso rock was N200 billion.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-marketers-disagree-on-outstanding-subsidy-debt/
buari dullard who claim he doen't know fuel subsidy is a pathological liar. d same buari who claim subsidy does not exist has been paying fuel subsidy in 1983-1985 wen he was military head of state. d dullard is playing politics with d life of nigerians.
Allow the previous administration to defend herself, have been hearing this rumour since last year they have not come up to denial it whereas in some other cases they have come up defending. Civil servants and all this marketers who are sympathetic to the last administration would have leaked to the press e.g sahara reporters and others info that the government of the day isn't sincere about the debt estimate . Crying more than the berieved style of defence by now should be stale and dry at this point in time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by maupe: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
The media aides of the President are his most dangerous enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by Almajiri1: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
From 200 billion to now 600 billion. 400 billion codedly stolen by mere press release.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by Kingspin(m): 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fix the problem nah, this govt is headless infact.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
How much is in TSA account?

Plus you met $30b in our oil reserve.

Didn't you claim that Dezieani returned $20b to you and that 5 PDP officials returned over $3T?

What about all the money you claimed you recovered from Dasukigate?

Any ways, if the money is not enough you can try recovering loots from Amechigate, Fasholagate and Tinubugate.

Just admit that presiding over Nigeria is very hard for you.

Lazy president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by suteco16: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
So!

What is our business with that?
What we want is to provide fuel for us

Afterall we are using our money to buy it!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2016
God bless you jare.

drss:

buari dullard who claim he doen't know fuel subsidy is a pathological liar. d same buari who claim subsidy does not exist has been paying fuel subsidy in 1983-1985 wen he was military head of state. d dullard is playing politics with d life of nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by j1mmy: 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
It shows this mallam is only effective with uniform and gun.
All he does this days as a civilian is gossip, moan, complain and blame others.
There was corruption, so Do something to recover the stolen wealth instead of moaning and taking loans from China and India!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
Don't tell me you believe this lie?

From N200b to N600b. Who does that?

DExplorer1:
It's not rocket science to know that Buhari is dealing with the problems inherited from the last administration.

And I'm afraid the first one or two years may just be about fixing them and setting structures for this administration to lead properly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by EmekaBlue(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo......I am tired of this duara excuses..ahan

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by bedspread: 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is not Nigeria's challenge! OUR GREATEST CHALLENGE IS THAT OUR PETROLEUM MINISTER AND POWER MINISTER ARE OUT OF ANYTHING CALLED IDEA!! THEY BOTH SHOULD BE BUNDLED OUT OF THIS COUNTRY

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by DExplorer1: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
amtaken:
Don't tell me you believe this lie?

From N200b to N600b. Who does that?

I was not addressing this issue in particular, just an obvious but general observation. The past government spent recklessly and in as much as certain figures can't be verified or confirmed at the moment, even the said figure that you quoted, it's no lie that these oil marketers are largely owed.
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
There's no new Government which doesn't inherit debts.

Buhari is just looking for excuses for his lazy style of governance.

He can pay off the marketers from the money in our TSA, recovered loots running into $4T and our oil reserve.

DExplorer1:

I was not addressing this issue in particular, just an obvious but general observation. The past government spent recklessly and in as much as certain figures can't be verified or confirmed at the moment, even the said figure that you quoted, it's no lie that these oil marketers are largely owed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by 9jatatafo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
In 2baba's voice - Dem want start another story again oooo
Dem don start another movie again ooo

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by DExplorer1: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
amtaken:
There's no new Government which doesn't inherit debts.

Buhari is just looking for excuses for his lazy style of governance.

He can pay off the marketers from the money in our TSA, recovered loots running into $4T and our oil reserve.

Recovery loot running to $4T is laughable, whoever reported that is confused as most of these cases are still in court but of course there's a way governance run and don't forget the figures in the 2016 budget.

Also about 5 refineries has been fixed, I'm sure you know how much it cost to fix one. All in a bid to lessen the power of these oil marketers and as well fix scarcity problems to an extent.

This government is thinking, I see Buhari more of a visionary. If we have these structures all set, a good foundation is already laid. We can be right to asked for the figures recovered so far but it's obvious this administration is spending to fix things for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by OnReflection: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
drss:

Shehu said: “At the time the Buhari government came to power, about N600 billion was owed to fuel marketers in subsidy payments. Strategic fuel reserves were depleted and local refineries were not functioning.

One of the president’s first steps was to pay off the marketers, leaving an outstanding of about N150 billion which was captured in the 2016 budget.

So the marketers who made the following claim, which needed to be verified back in December 2015, were also deluded?

Marketers told Vanguard that they are being owed about N470 billion in outstanding subsidy claims from August 1, 2014 till date.

But the PPPRA source noted that “Sometimes, marketers have only just made orders for supply of PMS, and even without dropping one litre of petrol in their tanks, they are already calculating how much they are being owed even without processing their claims.

“So it our duty to verify and certify their claims, on which basis we make recommendations to Finance to pay them.”

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by banio: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Story for the gods, the gods o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by xtainchukwu(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
I wonder the way these guys think. Even america owe lot of money and still keep the country running and we are trying to collect loan from them. So why wont these stupid government do thing that made the masses vote for them and stop these blame game.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by nellyelitz(m): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
Only

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
The same APC that reported how Dezieani returned $20b and 5 people returned $3t is now doing the rebuttal through you.

What is that one thing that thing administration has been able to achieve within almost a year?

When will they stop pointing accusing fingers at others?

Why did Buhari spend $2m in his China trip alone?

The early he wakes up from his slumber the better.

As for now, I can guarantee you that 98% of Nigerians have lost hope in his government.

DExplorer1:

Recovery loot running to $4T is laughable, whoever reported that is confused as most of these cases are still in court but of course there's a way governance run and don't forget the figures in the 2016 budget.

Also about 5 refineries has been fixed, I'm sure you know how much it cost to fix one. All in a bid to lessen the power of these oil marketers and as well fix scarcity problems to an extent.

This government is thinking, I see Buhari more of a visionary. If we have these structures all set, a good foundation is already laid. We can be right to asked for the figures recovered so far but it's obvious this administration is spending to fix things for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by slowbreeze(f): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Instead of working dey kip on blaming..Shameless govt....
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by DExplorer1: 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
amtaken:
The same APC that reported how Dezieani returned $20b and 5 people returned $3t is now doing the rebuttal through you.

What is that one thing that thing administration has been able to achieve within almost a year?
Several of them. I'd mention a few.

I just mentioned the refineries, that's a big accomplishment within a year.

The defeat of Bokaharam...restoration of peace in the North, seeing Nigerians go back to their homes.

Economy stability via recent alliance with China

The anti-corruption tsunami that's shaking every sector and federal agencies.

That's something within a year.

When will they stop pointing accusing fingers at others?
It won't stop as long as there are damages to refer to done by these people.

Why did Buhari spend $2m in his China trip alone?
Unconfirmed report

The early he wakes up from his slumber the better.

As for now, I can guarantee you that 98% of Nigerians have lost hope in his government.
That's true, but not up to that percentage.
You know they thought change was magical or probably an all-of-a-sudden process. The disappointment is understandable.
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by crazygod(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Buhari is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by LadyExcellency: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
OnReflection:

So the marketers who made the following claim, which needed to be verified back in December 2015, were also deluded?

The issue of full payment of Subsidy before the exit of Goodluck Jonathan was a public debate.

Okonjo Iweala quoted the N131 billion after paying N154 billion while the marketers countered her by quoting their outstanding debt.

The truth is between N131 billion and N200 billion.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
The refineries don't work yet and the unpopular Yuan deal with China was later denied by APC.

Buhari is like a lost sheep; he's wallowing in the bush.

DExplorer1:

Several of them. I'd mention a few.

I just mentioned the refineries, that's a big accomplishment within a year.

The defeat of Bokaharam...restoration of peace in the North, seeing Nigerians go back to their homes.

Economy stability via recent alliance with China

The anti-corruption tsunami that's shaking every sector and federal agencies.

That's something within a year.

It won't stop as long as there are damages to refer to done by these people.

Unconfirmed report

That's true, but not up to that percentage.
You know they thought change was magical or probably an all-of-a-sudden process. The disappointment is understandable.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by DExplorer1: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
amtaken:
The refineries don't work yet and the unpopular Yuan deal with China was later denied by APC.

Buhari is like a lost sheep; he's wallowing in the bush.

I'd agree if you say some are not yet in operation but they're fixed. That's good news you should be happy about.

Nobody denied the economy alliance with China, it was the false report of loan that was denied.

Start talking kindly of your president that way you'll see the good in his government.
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by DesChyko: 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Lmao.. Any need to read through this article before you know it's one of the APC Propaganda Tools.

Was it not during the election period that an FG-Marketers issue arose over the debt owed marketers. The marketers themselves insisted it was N200bn after they were paid around N150bn. What's with this new N600bn figures??

Except they're trying to tell us Jonathan imported N400bn extra petroleum in his last month in power, which of course is just rice and beans for zombies grin
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by Pidggin(f): 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Filty liars
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by amtaken(f): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Buhari is a total failure.

I never expected him to be this bad.

Good night.

DExplorer1:

I'd agree if you say some are not yet in operation but they're fixed. That's good news you should be happy about.

Nobody denied the economy alliance with China, it was the false report of loan that was denied.

Start talking kindly of your president that way you'll see the good in his government.
Re: Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG by cuesgirlly: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I love this. Burst their lies.

Smelly lying liars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law. / Oshiomhole's Criticisms Of Emefiele And CBN's Naira Redesign Policy (Video) / Sanusi Criticizes Bank Consolidation Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.