Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Red Eyes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Red Eyes? (1177 Views)

Red Eyes/pink Eyes(conjuctivitis) / i Need Help.........what To Do For Red Eyes And Why Are My Eyes Red / Painful Urination, Fever, Red Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Red Eyes? by emorse(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
My eyeballs are bcomin increasingly annoying. The corneas look reddish brown and very ugly. Please help!
Re: Red Eyes? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
I think you are referring to your sclera, not your cornea. The whitish part of your eye is the sclera. Redness of the sclera can be caused by dirt or impurities getting into the eye or rupturing of blood vessels in the eye or the use of certain drugs or it can be due to the diseased nature of the eye.
The commonest cause of the redness is exposure of the eyes to impurities or dust. If your eyes are constantly exposed to dust in your living or working environment, then that could be the reason for the redness. But to be on the safe side, you should see a qualified eye doctor for help. Your eyes are very sensitive organs and you should be careful about the decisions you make regarding it, if you think the problem is a serious one, see a doctor.
Re: Red Eyes? by emorse(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2009
Thanks a lot. You are quite right. I think mine is caused by dust. I move about a lot - mostly on bikes and you know Lagos roads, I even shed tears while on them. Is there anything I can use to help me clean them out?
Re: Red Eyes? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 08, 2009
I can't prescribe drugs or eye drops for you just from the limited information I have regarding your problem, it is too risky. But I can give you some advice that can also be of help.
If you are sure the redness is caused by dust getting into your eye, then you can wear protective, non-medicated spectacles to sheild your eyes from the dust. And try to avoid rubbing or scratching your eyes if they are irritated, instead wash them out with clean water.
Lastly, if you are also suffering from other problems apart from the redness, problems such as eye pain, vision changes, or discharges, then please consult a qualified doctor.
Re: Red Eyes? by mamagee6(f): 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2009
Go and see a qualified optician.
Re: Red Eyes? by emorse(m): 2:18am On Aug 09, 2009
Thanks a lot.
Re: Red Eyes? by Bibankee: 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
Try Visine eye drops

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Effective Herbal Treatment For Hiv/aids, Epilepsy And Mental Derialment / Body Reshaping Garments And Nutrition Diet For Slimming. / Health Benefits Of Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.