Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria (19389 Views)

How To Answer Common Interview Questions In An Uncommon Way / 15 Common Job Interview Questions For Freshers And How To Answer Them / Possible Answers To Some Interview Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by uncleu(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2016
Funny enough I have a different opinion. The poster obviously has not lived outside Nigeria. It is the same in most countries. The only difference is the term used. In the United States if you have been there, you will find out you can hardly get any job unless someone recommends you. I can't think of any job I have gotten here in the states without strong recommendation. In most cases, it might just be a staff in the organization, not necessarily a very highly placed person. If you just put in your application online without anyone following up for you, nobody will pull up your application.
Funny enough, all the jobs I had in Nigeria before I left the country some years back, nobody recommended me. Maybe it had to do with my field.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by jazinogold(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2016
grin
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by maykam(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2016
magicminister:
This only happens in mushroom companies or companies owned and based in Nigeria.
Multinational firms are strictly on merit for the most parts.
Of course, a small percentage will be connection but a greater percentage is on merit.
I got my first job without knowing anybody!! Its not always about connection sha!
I subsequently agree with you. Because most of them gained admission through legs, so their thoughts has been limited to that...
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by igwegeorgiano(m): 7:19am On Apr 26, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Germany: what are your qualifications?

China: what are your qualifications and skills?

Nigeria: who do you know?

grin grin grin
Op your asertion is very wrong. of course in nigeria we havevthe "who do you know" factor. be that as it may, any organization who desires the best should consider merit in giving out a job. for example in the organization where i work, MERIT is the watch word and not who u know. many nairalanders have also testify to how the got their job on merit
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2016
Op is a learner. There is nepotism in advanced countries too e.g Canada and the US, although not as much as Nigeria.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2016
magicminister:
This only happens in mushroom companies or companies owned and based in Nigeria.
Multinational firms are strictly on merit for the most parts.
Of course, a small percentage will be connection but a greater percentage is on merit.
I got my first job without knowing anybody!! Its not always about connection sha!

You say?
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by spartanobad(m): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2016
l how dis blab take reach FP tongue
my reason They are abroad We are NIGERIA
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by 1Dray(m): 7:46am On Apr 26, 2016
kekakuz:
lies we are our own problem in this country we victimize our self sell ourselves short
The truth is always bitter
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by daniel56(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria: who send u here, who is your godfather, how did u get here
bloodyBLOGGER:

grin grin grin
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by zikter(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Not true for me, my three jobs in lagos so far came without knowing anybody.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by tintedniggz(m): 7:57am On Apr 26, 2016
Dollyak:
To be fair, you don't have that many white collar jobs in Nigeria to warrant proper interviews
What exactly do you mean by proper interviews? Just curious
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by davetwitzy: 7:59am On Apr 26, 2016
AMERICA: WHAT CAN YOU DO TO MOVE OUR COMPANY FORWARD?

NIGERIA: WHO YOU EPP
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by ibiyemi93: 8:01am On Apr 26, 2016
johnshagb:
True. It's all about the connection.

Not always though, but some I agree with you that mist jobs are through connections. Once had an interview with a Nigerian airways and were asked after the interview who told us/how we heard about it.
At the end, those of us that did not mention names of someone working there were asked to try our luck next time.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2016
God bless u OP... And also bottom power follow join
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 26, 2016
U.S : What skill do you have? Frace : What's ur qualification? Nigeria : Who sent you? cheesy
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
tintedniggz:

What exactly do you mean by proper interviews? Just curious
proper interviews normally involves numerical and verbal reasoning test, Technical questions and face to face interview.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Xbox222: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2016
Even this same topic got to Front Page based on connection; Otherwise it does'nt merit it.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by oseiwe(m): 8:31am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigerian interviews is to make sure that you are not recruited, but foreign interviews is to ascertain if you have a broad knowledge of the job.
I have been interviewed by Nigerians twice and foreigner once, I dont think I wanna apply anywhere else again till I retire cheesy
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 26, 2016
At AstraZeneca, they ask WHO DO YOU KNOW?
The NNPC website even states it, WHO DO YOU KNOW? That was how I included Diezeni in the form, and when I was called, they asked how I was related to her, I said she was my Petroleum Minister, I see her on television everyday. The guy hissed and ended the call. Abeg oo, wetin concern NNPC and who I know? MSCHEW.. Soon, na to de carry gun enter interview.
MTN, the same thing.
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 8:53am On Apr 26, 2016
4C2215131:

While it may appear so, a lot of firms especially MNCs recruit on merit.
True this..
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 26, 2016
Odunharry:
True this..
See this ghost
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2016
TheSlyone2:
See this ghost
Lol.. I'm human not ghost.
long time
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by Bsc(m): 10:46am On Apr 26, 2016
Na waoh....how many times....would this appear on F.P?.... Nonesense
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by tintedniggz(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
Dollyak:
proper interviews normally involves numerical and verbal reasoning test, Technical questions and face to face interview.
But all these are being carried out, especially in organized coys
Re: How Interview Questions Are Asked Abroad And In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:

grin grin grin
no be qualification be dat?e easy to know "someborri"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Biggest Mistakes You Can Make At A Job Interview / Did You Receive A Mail From DCSL/ICPC Recruitment? / Vacancies @ Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) - July 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.