Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos (40572 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Why the Lagos Rent-to-Own Scheme is Great / I Built My Own House After Following Some Of Nairalanders' Advice / 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by hornyman(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
gabylzy:
APC+AMBODE=LIES

We wuldnt fall for this like we fell for Jona Subsidy scam

Unbeliever
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by Onegai(f): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
chigoizie7:

Lolz, 1 room or 2 rooms might be feasible.

But u must have one thing in mind, naija is not as stable and organised as US or UK or Canada or even SA.

Let look @ it this way, 80% of nigerians will want to get married and as such, look up to bigger families like, 4 or 5(dad,mum and 3kids or 2 or more)

Now, how will u expect me to go through he'll to pay for 1 or 2rooms for a whole 10 yrs only to start looking for a lager apartment to accommodate my family again?

I mea, we all know that a family of 5 can not live comfortably in a room or 2 rooms.

The bone of contention here is to make houses affordable and comfortable to its users.

Getting to pay for 1 or 2rooms for a stretch of 10yrs is not a bad idea, but after 10yrs, will I still need the 1 or 2rooms?

If it's the Lagos Homs scheme, it's targeting middle class people (the people I know who got into it successfully without connections are all mid-level bankers). They tend to plan their lives out and know that they will most likely pay off on time or flip the mortgage over to the next buyer. They are also used to taking bank loans.

I don't think Nigeria is ready to provide low-cost housing to lower class of society. They wouldn't pay (half are already wondering how to game the system. They're hacking Data from networks, is it housing that will be honourable about undecided)
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by chigoizie7(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
seunajia:

The scheme is called Lagos Homs. Fashola built a lot of the estates already in Epe, Lekki, Ogba, Ikorodu etc.

It's for civil servants and working class people who's employers would stand guarantor for.

I THINK application has stopped and allocation is on-going.

We need more of such schemes in the suburbs so as to decongest the inner city.

Edit:

Get rid of that thinking, not everyone should live in Lagos. All you need is rapid transit leaving from Lagos to Abeokuta, Sagamu, Epe etc and as many people will still continue to earn daily bread from Lagos without actually living there.

U re getting this all wrong from my own perspective and with regards to what the topic of the thread says and den the body of the thread.

This is a welcomed development, I am behind ambode 100% for this. @least he has the well being of the masses @ heart.

But don't forget that it's primary aim is targeting the low income earners(like u said, civil servants whose employers will be guarantors or such projects or scheme).

I am not saying that civil servants can't pay for such houses, they can, but will 10yrs be ok for this?

My only concern here is the time frame.

I know the lagos state government wants to make this work perfectly, don't forget it's target area or concern.

Can 10yrs be enough?

That is why I mentioned it's feasibility.

I even gave some layman analysis even though it is not even up to 70% accurate, nevertheless, a journey of a thousand miles, starts with a step, but not when the road leading to that thousand mile is broken along the line.

I don't know about lagos state, but I know that down here, teachers earn most, and a level 14 teacher secondary school doesn't earn up to 100k per month, we also know about FG workers of level 8(bsc, graduates, dey don't earn upto such amount too).

It is a welcome development, but when u tell u that u re targeting low income earners and then end up structuring in to favour only the high income earners, then ur primary aim has been sidelined.

I think a 20yr housing scheme is more feasible than this 10yrs.

This is a welcome development from ambode.

Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by popcykaylah(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Meanwhile somewhere in ekiti..one gorimapa idiott is busy chasing buhari and federal govt shadows..

Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by chigoizie7(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
Onegai:

If it's the Lagos Homs scheme, it's targeting middle class people (the people I know who got into it successfully without connections are all mid-level bankers). They tend to plan their lives out and know that they will most likely pay off on time or flip the mortgage over to the next buyer. They are also used to taking bank loans.

I don't think Nigeria is ready to provide low-cost housing to lower class of society. They wouldn't pay (half are already wondering how to game the system. They're hacking Data from networks, is it housing that will be honourable about undecided)

My points exactly.

They say one thing and then the process and the outcome is entirely different thing.

According to the thread, it said, low income earners(mostly civil servants).

U just highlighted that middle class bankers has taken over, now, where are the govt civil servants? It was meant for them.

I really don't know why people are attacking me( u are an exception here).
Nevertheless, this is a good development.

I just wish the process is stable, so that after ambode's tenure, the next person will not come and change everything.
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by nkpommpko(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
gabylzy:
APC+AMBODE=LIES

don't fall for it , investigate it follow it, make it work. If it goes wrong blog it and leave the rest for we
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by lancee(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
yinkslinks:
The rich will hijack it and never allow the poor to come close.

Exactly , i was trying to process one during fashola tenure, could you believe some oga 's got 3 apartments each and wanted to sell it 2ice the price[Greed as usual ]

Hope people will be opportuned to have access to this one ..i doubt it
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by Boss13: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
Acidosis:
Rubbish policies targeted at < 0.0000001% of Lagosians.

An average man without due connections can NEVER enjoy any scheme from the Lagos State Government.

That's the problem with Nigerian government. Policies are not implemented for majority part of the public. Funny enough, they will count it as part of their achievement. A policy that benefited only 100 people.

Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by yinkslinks(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2016
bro they have finished the sharing formula b4 making it a news. pls dont donate your hard earn money to buy their form cus they will share it too grin grin grin grin grin
lancee:

Exactly , i was trying to process one during fashola tenure, could you believe some oga 's got 3 apartments each and wanted to sell it 2ice the price[Greed as usual ]

Hope people will be opportuned to have access to this one ..i doubt it

Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by gabylzy(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
holllandis:

You are daft

nd yu d wisest ryt.. undecided
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by godwin120alex: 9:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
Masses ke ! Like d ones d are building near d sea before u get to island.is not for d poor pls
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by ogunsam75(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
deebsman1:
which houses
Am telling you! Where is the house?

Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by lancee(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
yinkslinks:
bro they have finished the sharing formula b4 making it a news. pls dont donate your hard earn money to buy their form cus they will share it too grin grin grin grin grin

I guess as much
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by habsydiamond(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ambode is working, lagos is changing lagosians are dancing while nigeria is shaking. May God solidify nigeria for those who want it to break and make her a better place for us to live in peace and harmony
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by distilledwalex(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
gabylzy:
APC+AMBODE=LIES

Am certain you don't live in Lagos.. Or better still you live in Lagos but ure too bitter to see what's going on around you..
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by hadura29(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
seunajia:

The scheme is called Lagos Homs. Fashola built a lot of the estates already in Epe, Lekki, Ogba, Ikorodu etc.

It's for civil servants and working class people who's employers would stand guarantor for.

I THINK application has stopped and allocation is on-going.

We need more of such schemes in the suburbs so as to decongest the inner city.

Edit:

Get rid of that thinking, not everyone should live in Lagos. All you need is rapid transit leaving from Lagos to Abeokuta, Sagamu, Epe etc and as many people will still continue to earn daily bread from Lagos without actually living there.

hmm, so the forms are finished.. please tell me more about the scheme and where i can inquire more.. thanks
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by swezenberg(m): 2:59am On Apr 26, 2016
[size=14pt]Just like it is done here in the USA. Lagos keeps leading, pessimists keep retrogressing.[/size]
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by teetee2(f): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2016
When Fashola addressed the people of Lagos about Lagoshoms scheme in 2014 on LTV I didn't believe. I count it as one of the projects that would be shared among themselves but Lagos state proved me wrong. I applied and won without knowing anybody. Though the mortgage is for 10 years and there are some processes you need to put in place. If you are qualified your application wud be processed. Information is the key. Their website is www.lagoshoms.ng. and office is located at LBIC Building, Plot 1, Assibifi Road, Ikeja for more enquiry.
Re: Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos by loganx: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2016
What is the difference between mortgage Vs rent and own? Fashola has started a good plan. Continue with it or amend the policy around it and continue with the plan. This idea of each government trying to do "this is my own" kind of plan is not suitable and sustainable

What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? / 'Drop Refuse And Die' Signpost In Nekede (Photos) / We Design All Sort Of Quality P.o.p Ceiling, Check In Here For Sample Pictures