Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce (48684 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Chris Oyakhilome Releases New Lovely Pictures After Divorce Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by BlackRevo: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
http://thepmnews.com/2009/08/07/adeboye-sacks-popular-pastor-for-remarrying-10-years-after-divorce

One of the renowned provincial pastors of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Ituah Ighodalo, has been asked to quit the church.

P.M.News learnt that the pastor of the Christ Church Parish of the RCCG, in Gbagada, a suburb of Lagos, which is one of the most flourishing parishes of the church in the area, was compelled to quit because he got married a second time.

The General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, was said to have asked Ighodalo to resign because of this development.
•Ighodalo, the sacked Pastor

A source in the church denied that Ighodalo was sacked, adding that Pastor Adeboye advised him to resign because he had to remarry, contrary to Biblical injunction since his former wife is still alive.

Ighodalo was earlier married to Lucy-Ann Summer, also a Chartered Accountant like himself, whom he divorced. He later got married to former Miss Lux, Ibidunni Ajayi in 2007.

His first marriage was said to have been contracted abroad and when they could not produce any child, and his wife refused to return to Nigeria to join him. After he became born again, they broke up.

The Redeemed Church does not support remarriage, except when one’s spouse is deceased.

Ighodalo, whose first wife is not dead, reportedly waited for more than 10 years before taking Ibidunni to the altar.

His getting married again, P.M.News was told, has been encouraging other pastors of the Redeemed Church to also desire to divorce their wives and remarry. And this did not go down well with Pastor Adeboye

Ighodalo was said to have announced to his congregation that he was quitting the church.

However, P.M.News learnt from another source that the popular pastor resigned when he could no longer cope with the politics being played in the church.

It was gathered that some of his envious colleagues, who were not comfortable with his closeness to the GO, as Pastor Adeboye is called, were flexing muscles with him.

“This, at a point, led to his transfer to another parish. But his congregation at the Gbagada Parish kicked against the transfer and clamoured for his return, which prompted his recall. He had to quit eventually when the pressure from those who don’t want him in Gbagada was taking its toll on him,” said our source.

When P.M.News contacted Ighodalo on phone, he described the report that he had left the church as false.

He stated that he was still a pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God and declined further comments when asked about the circumstances surrounding his present predicament.

On 26 April this year, Ighodalo granted an interview to ThisDay newspaper where he spoke on why he divorced his first wife.

Ighodalo said he married a fellow accountant, Lucy-Ann Summer whom he said he met “while I was going up and down” in 1995.

He disclosed that Ann refused to join him in Nigeria and after much persuasion failed, she left. “Because the expectations from the marriage were not met, she met someone else that met those expectations…,” the pastor added.

Ighodalo later met another lady, Ibidunni Ajayi, then a Youth Corps member. The courtship lasted over four years, even though he proposed to Ibidunni after 18 months of friendship.

According to the newspaper, Ibidunni and Itua tied the nuptial knot on 26 February 2007 and was followed by the traditional wedding three days later in Ibadan, Oyo State.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by JeSoul(f): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2009
RCCG again.

Black_Revo:

The Redeemed Church does not support remarriage, except when one’s spouse is deceased
  The Redeemed Church is not following the biblical directive - the bible gives death, if the other spouse leaves or cheats on you as grounds for divorce and remarriage.

According to the newspaper, Ibidunni and Itua tied the nuptial knot on 26 February 2007 and was followed by the traditional wedding three days later in Ibadan, Oyo State.
  They have been married since 07' are he is just getting kicked out? that doesn't make any sense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by BlackRevo: 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2009
JeSoul:

RCCG again.
  The Redeemed Church is not following the biblical directive - the bible gives death, if the other spouse leaves or cheats on you as grounds for divorce and remarriage.

Interesting but i did not get your reply very well, so can you explain to me what is the right biblical directive?

The Bible teaches that marriage is for life and cheating is not a reason for divorce.

Matthew 19:16.
Furthermore, the Lord said Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Luke 16:18
Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery

I Corinthians 7 Vs 39

A wife is bound as long as her husband lives; but if her husband is dead, she is free to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord

One party could leave (separation) if the marriage become unbearable (abusing, beatings and others) but still they cannot be re-married. You can only re-marry when the other partner is no more alive.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11

But to the married I give instructions, not I, but the Lord, that the wife should not leave her husband

(but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:12-15

But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her.

13 And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

This last passage is confusing to me because the pastor said he gave his life to Christ after his first divorce. The above passage deals with a situation when on party is a believer. Now for the pastors first marriage, was it a christian marriage and was any one of them a believer.

What is the position of the bible when both are not believers?

JeSoul:

They have been married since 07' are he is just getting kicked out? that doesn't make any sense.

Hmm Jesoul they just don't kick them out like that oooo, there are many behind the scenes which are very ugly about marriage in the churches in Nigeria which people don't want to speak about.

Let me give you a similar example to this pastor -  The redeemed pastor here in finland has a similar case as well. He came here some years ago got married to a Finn and divorced her (the Finns is still alive). He brought his wife from naija  or married someone from nigeria and brought her to finland which everyone knows about here. They are living together and in that same church so many people are doing the same thing i.e getting married to a white to get the papers divorce her and  later they  marry a naija girl back home and brings her here.

But mostly they do magistrate wedding with these white girls and someone from the Finnish Lutheran church officiates it

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by JeSoul(f): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
Black_Revo:

The Bible teaches that marriage is for life and cheating is not a reason for divorce.

Actually it is brotha.
Reason #1 - Adultery/Cheating
Jesus said, "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery"

you've already posted the relevant scriptures for the others
Reason # 2 - Death
Reason # 3 - Abandonment
Reason # 4 - (Unique circumstances such as Abuse) There are so many other unique circumstances that godly wisdom must be used to decide what the best course of action is. The bible doesn't give instructions for every scenario, but gives us general principles, wisdom and the holyspirit to help make difficult decisions.

This last passage is confusing to me because the pastor said he gave his life to Christ after his first divorce. The above passage deals with a situation when on party is a believer. Now for the pastors first marriage, was it a christian marriage and was any one of them a believer.
  I believe the article said she left him for someone else after he became a christian. And according to 1 Cor 7:15 he is free to remarry.

What is the position of the bible when both are not believers?
  Well they're not believers. Biblical directives for christian living don't apply to them do they? Its only after one becomes a christian that you concern yourself with God's laws.

Hmm Jesoul they just don't kick them out like that oooo, there are many behind the scenes which are very ugly about marriage in the churches in Nigeria which people don't want to speak about.

Let me give you a similar example to this pastor -  The redeemed pastor here in finland has a similar case as well. He came here some years ago got married to a Finn and divorced her (the Finns is still alive). He brought his wife from naija  or married someone from nigeria and brought her to finland which everyone knows about here. They are living together and in that same church so many people are doing the same thing i.e getting married to a white to get the papers divorce her and  later they  marry a naija girl back home and brings her here.

But mostly they do magistrate wedding with these white girls and someone from the Finnish Lutheran church officiates it
  Hmm I see. Well I guess we should not be suprised. There's so much politics going on at these pentecostal churches its ridiculous. The marriage thing is done everywhere, I don't know how one can stand in front of the justice and make those vows all in the name of papers?    well I guess desperate times lead to desperate measures.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Tudor6(f): 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
**subscribing fast**
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by gen2genius(m): 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
Point of correction, JeSoul

. . .That passage you quoted (Matthew 5:32) refers to whatever the woman might have done before getting married. That's why the King James Version uses "fornication" instead of "adultery" which should have been more appropriate if the passage was actually talking about cheating on one's spouse. But it mentions fornication - which is sexual immorality between two unmarried people. Because the Jews valued virginity so much, it was a taboo to marry a woman and find her already deflowered by another man; and in such a case, it was customary to divorce her. But that had to do with their culture, not really a biblical injunction.

To buttress my point, if you look closely at that verse, you'll discover that it says nothing about the man. And if we're to go by your interpretation, it'll mean that only the "cheating" woman could be sent away, which would be unfair. That should make you understand better that it's actually about virginity because loss of virginity seems to be more verifiable in women than in men wink

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
they divorced before he became a christian . . . he is not bound to the former wife since she voluntarily chose to leave as an unbelieving wife. He is free to remarry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by noetic2: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2009
davidylan:

they divorced before he became a christian . . . he is not bound to the former wife since she voluntarily chose to leave as an unbelieving wife. He is free to remarry.

seconded.

I think Rccg is becoming too religious and unchristian-like with their recent doctrines and latter day practices.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by MrCrackles(m): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
This is serious. . . . shocked undecided
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by noetic2: 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
JeSoul:

Actually it is brotha.
Jesus said, "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery"

you've already posted the relevant scriptures for the others
Reason # 2 - Death
Reason # 3 - Abandonment
Reason # 4 - (Unique circumstances such as Abuse) There are so many other unique circumstances that godly wisdom must be used to decide what the best course of action is. The bible doesn't give instructions for every scenario, but gives us general principles, wisdom and the holyspirit to help make difficult decisions.
  I believe the article said she left him for someone else after he became a christian. And according to 1 Cor 7:15 he is free to remarry.
  Well they're not believers. Biblical directives for christian living don't apply to them do they? Its only after one becomes a christian that you concern yourself with God's laws.
  Hmm I see. Well I guess we should not be suprised. There's so much politics going on at these pentecostal churches its ridiculous. The marriage thing is done everywhere, I don't know how one can stand in front of the justice and make those vows all in the name of papers?    well I guess desperate times lead to desperate measures.

You are right on track.

There is no reason why he should not remarry. the lady in question is already remarried. . . .and isnt it pertinent that he marries in order to avoid sexual immorality, . , everyone is subject to temptation.
The bible is not a religious doctrine, but a reflection on how to live our lives with guidance from God's spirit. As far as I am concerned, the man did not err.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
noetic2:

seconded.

I think Rccg is becoming too religious and unchristian-like with their recent doctrines and latter day practices.

1 Cor 7:15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

Pastor Ighodalo is clear to remarry.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by BlackRevo: 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2009
davidylan:

He was a christian when he got married to his first wife but not born again. They had a problem because the union did not produce any child which i think is as a result of the woman using pills to avoid given birth so she can enjoy her life. You know this white people na.

He came to Nigeria and continued his christian life but got born again along the way and asked his wife to come join him in nigeria which the woman refused. So she left and went on with her life with another man since she doesn't care about the bible principles. I did not see anything like divorce in this case, both parties just merely separated. Now check the pastors comment

He disclosed that Ann refused to join him in Nigeria and after much persuasion failed, she left. “Because the expectations from the marriage were not met, she met someone else that met those expectations…,” the pastor added.

Why didn't the pastor explain those expectations? I think her expectation to me would have been to see  her husband living with her in her own country.

JeSoul:

Actually it is brotha.

The immorality in your quote their was actually fornication and Jesus was explaining it from the point of view of the Jewish tradition. Example is between Joseph and Mary. It is their custom to betroth a woman to a man for one year before marriage and Jesus was saying that if she commits fornication during this one year period the husband is free to divorce her and go ahead to marry someone else but if he divorces her without the reason for fornication then the man is committing adultery if he goes ahead to marry someone else  and who ever marries this woman divorced for the wrong reason commits adultery as well. So you could see why Joseph wanted to divorce Mary when he found that she was pregnant.

JeSoul:

She left because she could not relocate with him to Nigeria and not because she was an unbeliever
. She might be a christian as well just an ordinary church goer and not a born again. She did not leave because he was persuading her to be a christian but for the reason that she cannot move to Nigeria so she has to continue her life.

Here is an article about divorce http://www.lornematthews.com/articlespages/BibleMarrDiv.html

davidylan:

1 Cor 7:15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

Pastor Ighodalo is clear to remarry.

Was the brother in the above situation a born again or just a christian? The pastor was a christian when he married at first but became born again even before he divorced her. They only separated due to relocation problems. Not because the brother became a born again i think.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2009
Black Revo . . . see this - 1 Cor 7:15 Yet [size=13pt]if the unbelieving one leaves[/size], let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

Well it seems that according to you the wife was the unbelieving one . . . He came to Nigeria and continued his christian life but got born again along the way and asked his wife to come join him in nigeria which the woman refused. So she left and went on with her life with another man since she doesn't care about the bible principles. I did not see anything like divorce in this case, both parties just merely separated. Now check the pastors comment

Well that means Pastor Ighodalo isnt under bondage to her.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by bawomolo(m): 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2009
Yes didn't he start over by being born again?
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by JeSoul(f): 11:56pm On Aug 07, 2009
Gen2genius, I don't think I quoted Mat 5:32 anywhere, or did I?
I used Matt 19:9 "Jesus said, "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery," to say you can divorce on the grounds on cheating/infidelity. But either way issall good  kiss smiley
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Krayola2(m): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
What if u're just not happy in a marriage, have no children, and both agree to go your separate ways. . .is that allowed?
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by JeSoul(f): 12:06am On Aug 08, 2009
Krayola2:

What if u're just not happy in a marriage, have no children, and both agree to go your separate ways. . .is that allowed?
Nah Krayola, to christians marriage is so much more than making yourself 'happy'. Your primary aim is to glorify God and serve your partner - this is where our 'happiness' or joy truly comes from.

2 of my very close friends recently got divorced for the above reason of not being "happy" cry they were christians but what they did was wrong and going by the biblical directive, they cannot remarry another person, that would be sin and wrong before God. This is why you must shine your eye before you say "I do".

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 08, 2009
na wa ooo. see as una dey disect bible.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by BlackRevo: 5:55am On Aug 08, 2009
davidylan:

Black Revo . . . see this - 1 Cor 7:15 Yet [size=13pt]if the unbelieving one leaves[/size], let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

Well it seems that according to you the wife was the unbelieving one . . . He came to Nigeria and continued his christian life but got born again along the way and asked his wife to come join him in nigeria which the woman refused. So she left and went on with her life with another man since she doesn't care about the bible principles. I did not see anything like divorce in this case, both parties just merely separated. Now check the pastors comment

Yes you are right he is no more under bondage but why is the church then insisting that he cannot re-marry again? Did they get it wrong or was the woman also a christian which we cannot prove from the article. They did not divorce(separation) out of religious grounds but for relocation problems.

You know this white people they can be christian and marry/divorce four times in the church. Is not that they are not Christians or believers but because they take the issue of the doctrine of marriage very lightly. Example again is the issue of tithing some people follow and some people don't follow it doesn't make the other a non believer. So i feel the woman was a Christian in this case but if not they the pastor is free to re-marry again.

Krayola2:

Yes separation is allowed but not for every flimsy excuse, you can check @Jesoul and my post above where the reason for separation has been stated and if you do separate you are not allowed to re-marry but after sometime try to reconcile with your partner.Marriage between two believer is for life until one partner is dead.

JeSoul:

Gen2genius, I don't think I quoted Mat 5:32 anywhere, or did I?
I used Matt 19:9 "Jesus said, "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery," to say you can divorce on the grounds on cheating/infidelity. But either way issall good  kiss smiley

So after this divorce can they re-marry again? The immorality there should be fornication @Jesoul check the King James Version. The immorality deals with a situation before marriage and not after the marriage. ( Check the Jewish marriage tradition).
After Marriage @JeSoul you can not divorce for immorality anymore but can only be separated and not allowed to re-marry. You either reconcile with your partner or get married again when the other partner is dead.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by REALTRUTH1: 10:35am On Aug 08, 2009
davidylan:

David, You have the final answer to this question as stated in 1st Cor 7:15. This was thesame situation Chris Okotie found himself and based on wide consultations, he recently got married too.Many pastors misinterprete the Bible and use it to hold people in bondage.With thesame Bible, some christians would say don,t watch Television, even in the USA, some christians believe owning a car and using anything modern would take you to hell,,,on what basis are these established?
Looking at 1st Cor.7 :15, it would probbaly look as if many pastors skips that aspect of the Bible.A further question is, where has the church been since 2007 when he got married? I would think that the second marriage was also contracted in the church, there4, where is the concept that whatever God joined together let no man put as under.Or isn't God that initiated it?
What does the church want him 2 do now? to divorce his new wife, then persuade his former to also divorce her new husband so she can get back to the initial husband. Lets assume there re kids in btw both marriages, tell me what kind of madness do we wanna call this??
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by philips975(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2009
I wonder what the Church of God is becoming! This man became born again in 1992 and was ordained a pastor shortly after that. Was the authority of the church not aware of his “singleness” or divorce status before ordaining him a pastor? This same man tied the nuptial knot on 26 February 2007 (more than 27 months ago) and the who’s who in RCCG and pentecostal fellowship were represented, why was he not sacked then?

That’s why the church does not affect the society possitively. Jesus Christ, please have mercy on your Church. May the gate of hell never prevail against your Church.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Recognise: 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2009
- Nays are the against remarrying grin

- Yeas are for remarrying grin

[b]@ the Nay[/b]s

Hear hear. Totally

[b]@ the  Yea[/b]s

To appease a guilty conscience and authenticity,

they search  & seek the bible for unfounded backings, loopholes, opt-out-on-a-technicality etc  to justify their blantant disregard of the obvious

The Bible correctly stated the man is no longer bound . . .

Yes! but it also fell short of considering and/or allowing remarrying for the man,

it actually as a matter of fact, was silent, as to whether the man can remarry

We all know the famous quotation "Its not good for man to be alone . . . "

God will give the grace, to be, in this case able to be alone until when things turn around for the good . . .

Yeah, it's better for these lot to have self-control and to make up their minds not to marry

If they want to remarry, then they'll have to wish their ex dead

but hey they dont want to wish that, or would they undecided

Imagine if the other party (i.e. the woman) does eventually find the Lord, properly; and now wants back

but hey firigbon has remarried someone else, what a tidy mess, the whole thing becomes . . .

As a believer you are obliged to let go of a non-believer if they want to opt out

this is because God had called us to peace

The letting go is not a licence for remarrying

It's a bitter pill alright , but one has to swallow it, literally

1 Corinthians 7:12-17:

1 Corinthians 7:12-17

King James Version (KJV)

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

17But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

The above is the alluring not bound reference that people latch on to for an excuse, loophole and/or cop out

Nowhere in the above texts, nor elsewhere/anywhere in the Bible is remarrying under the contested circumstances stated or prescribed,

It is sheer assumptions based on personal agendas & ulterior motives to placate the flesh and/or lusts of the perpetrators or proponents  . . .
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2009
Adeboye might sack him. But God will never sack him. . . "The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, "

Quote ==> Religious people have a natural tendency to be CRUEL. Because they easily sacrifice PERSONS for the advancement of a PURPOSE.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Recognise: 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2009
Imhotep:

Adeboye might sack him. But God will never sack him. . . "The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, "

Quote ==> Religious people have a natural tendency to be CRUEL.

Because they easily sacrifice PERSONS for the advancement of a PURPOSE.

@Imhotep

- Imhotep

Do you really think so or know that as a fact? . . .

Mind you God is no respecter of PERSONS . . .

What you have to say about God sacrificing His Son for the advancement of a PURPOSE . . . 
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2009

Mind you God is no respecter of PERSONS . . .

What you have to say about God sacrificing His Son for the advancement of a PURPOSE . . .
Jesus was sacrificed through the instrumentality of very religious people. Pagans like Pontius Pilate tried to save Jesus from these religious people. . . and failed . . .
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Recognise: 11:11pm On Aug 09, 2009
Imhotep:

Jesus was sacrificed through the instrumentality of very religious people.

Pagans like Pontius Pilate tried to save Jesus from these religious people. . .  and failed . . .

@ Imhotep

- Imhotep

With all due respect and without malice your ". . . humble opinion" is going on a tangent here . . .

Jesus was sacrified? Yeah? . . .

So what? What's the big deal? Whats new?

Didn't  He come down to be sacrified in the first place? Huh? 

Your so called "religious people" inadvertently played into God's hands plan

and Pilate thought he was all that, that he was Mighty Mr Big Man but he hadnt had a farthing clue grin pft
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by kshow1(m): 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
Hmm my school of bible studies
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by otokx(m): 3:14am On Aug 10, 2009
These days i really wonder.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by dafidixone(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2009
I think the first wife only decline coming to Nigeria with him, not that she is no longer marrying him. This is a strong point underlining the whole issue. I feel Pastor Itua should have gone back to the U.S and dissolve the marriage before going out to marry another woman. For him not taking this step RCCG Authority may see it as a pastor marrying two wives ans it is not ethical of any buble beleiving church. It is also illegality on the side of the Pastor. Pastor Itua should have known that what ever God has joined togather, no man should put assunder.

The fact that the first wife is still legally in the marriage. The other woman will make the second wife. I don't think RCCG will accept that.
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by ilosiwaju: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2009
na craze world we dey, craze world!
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2009
Recognise:

@ Imhotep

- Imhotep

With all due respect and without malice your ". . . humble opinion" is going on a tangent here . . .

Jesus was sacrified? Yeah? . . .

So what? What's the big deal? Whats new?

Didn't He come down to be sacrified in the first place? Huh?

Your so called "religious people" inadvertently played into God's hands plan

and Pilate thought he was all that, that he was Mighty Mr Big Man but he hadnt had a farthing clue grin pft

The fact STILL remains that RELIGIOUS plotted Jesus' death. When Pilate, the pagan, tried to save Jesus, these religious people shouted, "Crucify him!!! . . . Let his blood be upon us and upon our children. . . ". Then Pilate washed his hands in front of them all. . .
Re: Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce by rooney86(m): 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2009
The only lesson to be learnt is that as a pastor, there is nothing like being a G.O

if the guy na G.O for him own ministry, who go disturb am if him marry 2 wives sef?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will The Church Accept Efe's N2.5Million Tithe? / Uchenna Obuna Killed In The Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre (Photos) / Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.