Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode Reviews (Spoilers!) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode Reviews (Spoilers!) (996 Views)

REVIEW: Why #mtvshuga Season 6 Is The Best Nigerian Content I’ve Seen This Year / Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) / DOWNLOAD: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 (S01E02) – Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode Reviews (Spoilers!) by hilario8898(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
Episode 1 review: The Red Woman

For me....

It Lacked the punch of previous openers but it got the job done of setting up where this season is going to go. It's nice to just check back in with Tyrion and Varys, likewise with Jaime and Cersei.
The Sansa and Theon scenes were pretty awesome, and Danaerys and the Dothraki was a tad Martin-y and stretched out but it looked very pretty indeed. The highlight of the episode for me were the scenes at the Wall though, Davos is never not awesome and the whole situation is really gearing up towards something spectacular.

However, and it's a big however, the show has utterly ruined Dorne. They never fully explored it, shoehorned in the bland and characterless Sand Snakes, spun their wheels all last season, and killed off Doran, Ario and Trystane in a borderline comical fashion. I thought it was a dream sequence or something at first because of how quickly it moved, but no, it's apparently real, and one of the best characters in the books has now been removed from the show's equation.

Reo Hotah killed like he was a koala (this is one of the best fighters in the world we're talking about), Podrick fighting off 3 soldiers like he was, well Aero Hotah, Doran, Trystane, I mean.. what...? Seriously Er.. they do realise that Mel has taken her necklace off before and that hasn't revealed her as 300 years old? Have they SEEN their own show?

CC: seun, lalasticlala

Re: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode Reviews (Spoilers!) by vanchi(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
that table had better be cool enough to preserve jon snow's body

i need him resurrected.. not as a walker of course...

and what ever happened to all the dogs that were used in hunting sansa and theon.. as soon as brienne and podrick showed up they just disappeared!!!!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode Reviews (Spoilers!) by hilario8898(m): 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
vanchi:

and what ever happened to all the dogs that were used in hunting sansa and theon.. as soon as brienne and podrick showed up they just disappeared!!!!!!
I thought I was the only one that noticed it too....imagine those were the young Bolton best warriors.
Re: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode Reviews (Spoilers!) by absky5(m): 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
vanchi:

didn't know u notice it too

(1) (Reply)

COMEDY VIDEO: Mark Angel X Emmanuella – The Apprentice (episode 87) / Designated Survivor(jack Bauer) Is At It Again / Recession Hits #WWTBAM As MTN Ends Its Sponsorship Of The Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.