Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,334 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! (19016 Views)

Koffi Olomide Released From Prison, Arrives Home (PIC & VIDEO) / Koffi Olomide Arrested And Jailed By Congolese Police Department / Deportation Of Koffi Olomide From Kenya: Nigerians Blasted By Kenyans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Lilchilz(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
ProfGday:
U sounds like Koffi..................I suspect you
Lols..u better qo beq ur head for river jordan
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by jaymdee(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
But why invite someone like Koffi to your wedding in the first place. No be everybody wey dem show for TV be celebrity o.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by slightlyMad(f): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
dedetosin:
I met with Koffi at the ikeja country club sometime last year at an uncles birthday ceremony. He was the mc for d day. Feeling excited I walked up to him after the event and took pictures and cordially asked for his card which he gave happily. Afterwards I told him I will call him early this year for my wedding to be the master of ceremony, he obliged.

Sometime last month I called again and got through to his secretary saying I needed his service to be my mc on my wedding day which was on Saturday 23rd April.. she said she will get his number across if he confirmed he was available for the date. subsequently he messaged me saying I shld call him. to cut the long story short.

we negotiated back and forth and reached an agreement for 100,000 naira only. which he agreed. He sent his bank details (GTB) and said payment will guarantee booking. I swiftly paid and told him so. we exchanged messages on and off before the day and I asked to see him before the day like 1 week before to give him brides name , grooms name and all necessary information but he said he won't be around to meet before the day that I shld email to him... I did that.

alas on the day, this guy gave only a show face, introduced himself, and spent less than 20 mins before he disappeared and left the scene, he left us with one mc like dat dat no one knew from jack.

the sad side is, I didn't even get to the reception before he left. I never saw him but pple said he only came a few mins. the mc he left told me he said he wanted to hmgo eat somewhere that he wad coming back....IMAGINE

I felt used, cheated and duped....what a disappointing day it turned out to be. I called him afterwards to ask for a partial refund of 50000 but he has rebuffed and told me he did me a favour by coming atal that he had an appointment he could not miss the same day...!!!! so why didn't he tell me that in the 1st place right?

Pls spread the word that this guy is nothing but bad news for anybody atal. He is a cheat and a fraud. He is also obviously a poor man. if you have any event... dnt even think about calling him.

I will get his number across to those that need it and make sure I go to any length to spoil his image. as I speak first thing 2mao morning I am going to the police station to report the case and luckily I happen to be related to the 2nd in command police station festac branch. a summon Is expected....this is practically a criminal case. he then said at least the service was rendered....he was so rude and arrogant like he is one superstar....Good riddance...

I have all documents, pictures and messages to prove all that's written is true.

did you both agree to a number of hours he will perform for?
or you just assumed?
you paid so he could show up, which he did, he even worked a substitute for you, haba softly nw.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by soulfood(m): 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
OP, you said you met koffi at your uncle's birthday where he was the MC after which you booked him for your wedding. You were obviously satisfied with his performance and must have been impressed. I am most certain 100k wasnt koffi's initial charge but you pleaded for a reduction. The guy shows up at your wedding but did not stay to the end yet your ungrateful self came on nairaland bragging you will tarnish another man's image and ruin his career. Repent OP and be thankful your wedding was great and love your wife, build a home. Stop dragging trouble where there is none. My advice to you.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by booblacain(m): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
dedetosin:
as I speak first thing 2mao morning I am going to the police station to report the case and luckily I happen to be related to the 2nd in command police station festac branch.

You talk too much.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by BIBI66: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
@dedetosin Hmmmm!!! one side of the story! Thank God u gave his(koffi) phone number(publicly 4 dat matter), I fear human being ooo. The tin really pain u ooooo!
If we cal d guy now, im go get im own side of d story ooo!
u said u paid him, he was at ur event, but didnt stay till mama calls, abi? but still tel im junior colleague(substitute) 2 continue as jaara? u still no dey contented?
my broda! shey u 1 2 hear my own candid advice? ur wife need u most, go 4 ur honey moon nd stop tarnishing somebody's image oooo.
services was rendered, but he no sweet u well well.
lets sleepn dog lay's, make u no end up becomn im bone ooooo!
MY ADVICE
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by JayEntaur(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
booblacain:

You talk too much.

My exact thought when I read that bit. If I'm his Uncle I would be very much reluctant to help him, seeing he has already intimated all & sundry of my tendency to complicity/biasedness on handling the matter. Op, in situations like these, please learn to act like a man by talking less while doing more. Cheers. Btw sorry you got played & congrats to you & your wifey, God bless your marriage.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by RUKY21: 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
see man see wahala!
koffi man don suffer 2day oooo!

e bi like say, u know no law, u pay 4 services, wch was rendered(4rm ur write up, I dont tnk u guyz had an agreement on service lifespan).
u 1 go report 4 station, som1 even said u sud get a lawyer.
I just pray u won't be d one 2 end up in jail.
I'm laughing dieeeee!
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by stainlex(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
To be fair, if he was paid to MC an 'occasion', then the number of minutes he spent is irrelevant as some people have been implying. He wasn't paid to appear, but to MC! His services end when the occasion ends. He was well aware of this and that was why he brought a side kick along to continue wherever he stopped..and then gave the excuse that he went to grab some food. That's some gross dagbo if you ask me. Op, get your legal people to meet his legal people and reach an understanding. Stop bragging about your 'connections'. You don't know who he knows. Na where one person power finish another person own start from.
My take.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by fesooyebade(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
I feel your pain bro. I'm a wedding mc myself and wouldn't do that but that's what most celebrity comedians do and it's very unprofessional. Twitter will be your best option of calling him to order.

#first comment on nairaland
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Jimi23(m): 8:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
soulfood:
OP, you said you met koffi at your uncle's birthday where he was the MC after which you booked him for your wedding. You were obviously satisfied with his performance and must have been impressed. I am most certain 100k wasnt koffi's initial charge but you pleaded for a reduction. The guy shows up at your wedding but did not stay to the end yet your ungrateful self came on nairaland bragging you will tarnish another man's image and ruin his career. Repent OP and be thankful your wedding was great and love your wife, build a home. Stop dragging trouble where there is none. My advice to you.

Who Koffi be? Not his initial charge my foot. Let him try save up enough cash first for plastic surgery to clear off those extremely local tribal marks.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by ProfGday(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
amtaken:
Whenever anyone pays me 10% for land documents I make sure that I give him/her the best legal services.

In fact, I even advise them to pause the transaction and do some search at the Lands Bureau and I make sure that I draft the document exceptionally well and even advise them on how to get the follow-up documents like Governor's Consent, C of O etc easily (though they still have to pay for those);

But if you come to me and begin to offer me anything less than 5%, I may still handle the brief if I need the money but trust me not with much dedication. I will just do what I feel I am meant to do and leave your stingy ass to your faith! LOL.

You paid a whole KOFI N100k and you want him to do a job of N500k for you?

Is it because of his tribal marks or what?

That dude is a veteran in his job and should be paid at least N400k or you will only get a brief appearance!

You said you wanna use the Police to intimidate him because you are connected to a top Police Officer, why? Do you know if he knows the IG?

Assuming you told him your reception is by 1pm and he got there and you were still in the church, were you expecting him to wait for you the whole day?

Stop spoiling people's names!

I will even hire him more after reading this trash! At least I know he knows his worth!!!

Why didn't you call Ali Baba and pay him N100k?

Mxm!!!

[TROUBLE NA MY WORK SHA!!!]

{Sorry brother} {Tongue out!}.
****....................................PLS STOP THIS JOKE OF SAYING 100K IS TOO LOW FOR BOOKING AN MC for wedding not a showbiz or any profit making shitz....a thief na thief either big or small...****

1 Like

Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by phemmyfour: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
prettysolid:
Abeg op you should have attached the picture because the name I don't know but the picture I might recognise.
use google
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by chronique(m): 12:31am On Apr 27, 2016
Koffi that I know one-on-one,is a complete gentleman. It's sad that people are already crucifying the dude,without hearing his part of the story. Did you engage him as a comedian or MC? Secondly,when was your event billed to start and stop? Thirdly,you didn't seem him perform;how do you intend to prove how long his stayed or not,seeing that you were not even around when he left? Let's not be hasty until we hear from the other party.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Ericardo7(m): 5:01am On Apr 27, 2016
dedetosin:
I met with Koffi at the ikeja country club sometime last year at an uncles birthday ceremony. He was the mc for d day. Feeling excited I walked up to him after the event and took pictures and cordially asked for his card which he gave happily. Afterwards I told him I will call him early this year for my wedding to be the master of ceremony, he obliged.

Sometime last month I called again and got through to his secretary saying I needed his service to be my mc on my wedding day which was on Saturday 23rd April.. she said she will get his number across if he confirmed he was available for the date. subsequently he messaged me saying I shld call him. to cut the long story short.

we negotiated back and forth and reached an agreement for 100,000 naira only. which he agreed. He sent his bank details (GTB) and said payment will guarantee booking. I swiftly paid and told him so. we exchanged messages on and off before the day and I asked to see him before the day like 1 week before to give him brides name , grooms name and all necessary information but he said he won't be around to meet before the day that I shld email to him... I did that.

alas on the day, this guy gave only a show face, introduced himself, and spent less than 20 mins before he disappeared and left the scene, he left us with one mc like dat dat no one knew from jack.

the sad side is, I didn't even get to the reception before he left. I never saw him but pple said he only came a few mins. the mc he left told me he said he wanted to hmgo eat somewhere that he wad coming back....IMAGINE

I felt used, cheated and duped....what a disappointing day it turned out to be. I called him afterwards to ask for a partial refund of 50000 but he has rebuffed and told me he did me a favour by coming atal that he had an appointment he could not miss the same day...!!!! so why didn't he tell me that in the 1st place right?

Pls spread the word that this guy is nothing but bad news for anybody atal. He is a cheat and a fraud. He is also obviously a poor man. if you have any event... dnt even think about calling him.

I will get his number across to those that need it and make sure I go to any length to spoil his image. as I speak first thing 2mao morning I am going to the police station to report the case and luckily I happen to be related to the 2nd in command police station festac branch. a summon Is expected....this is practically a criminal case. he then said at least the service was rendered....he was so rude and arrogant like he is one superstar....Good riddance...

I have all documents, pictures and messages to prove all that's written is true.

.Bros, you for carry me na, your nairaland brother... I'd have given you good value for your money nd I don't even charge up to 100k. Please let's try and celebrate our own here at Nairaland.
Wishing you a beautiful marriage experience.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Atlantian: 7:38am On Apr 27, 2016
Why would anyone hire Koffi ? Is 100k even worth the cost of a good MC ?
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
I don't recognise him.Thanks still
Sayelabola:

Hello sister,

Below is a link to the photos of Koffi.

http://thenet.ng/2016/01/comedian-koffi-returns-with-new-tv-show/
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Sayelabola(m): 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
prettysolid:
I don't recognise him.Thanks still

He has been in the limelight for close to two decades now...I think since the time of Plantation Boiz's reign.

But you know some of these public figures could for some time go out of public scene for years and later resurface again, whilst others may not be as famous as their rivals in the industry.

Either of these things could have happened to Koffi as well.

And some of these people might have gained much popularity during a certain time before our birth.

I bet you won't know these musicians listed below:

Mighty Thunder, Lady Henz, Fali Kupa, Father U-turn, Black Reverenz, Mike Okri, Funmi Adams, Tina aka (African Oyinbo), Bright Chimezie, Skul Boiz, Azeezat, and a host of others I couldn't remember for now.
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Ejytex(m): 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lilchilz:
I caught a Pastor drinking STAR in a beer parlor and I
shouted! MAN OF GOD; U are supposed 2 be drinking
Malt, Coke or Fanta and not STAR. D MAN OF GOD reply
2 me, where were Malt, Coke and Fanta when STAR
was leading d three WISE MEN 2 see Jesus.
Lol
Re: How I Was Disappointed By Koffi The Comedian! by Jimi23(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
RUKY21:
see man see wahala!
koffi man don suffer 2day oooo!

e bi like say, u know no law, u pay 4 services, wch was rendered(4rm ur write up, I dont tnk u guyz had an agreement on service lifespan).
u 1 go report 4 station, som1 even said u sud get a lawyer.
I just pray u won't be d one 2 end up in jail.
I'm laughing dieeeee!

Koffi alias RUKY21. Welcome on board.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus Birthday Party (Photos, Video) / Toyin Aimakhu In Red Dress For Eloy Awards 2016. / BBNaija's Uriel Slams Troll Who Said She's Still Begging For Endorsement And Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.