Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge (35039 Views)

Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode / FG To Demolish Costain, Jibowu Bridges For Lagos/ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by zeembab(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]i'm so angry that LAGOS wasn't a well planned city.
before the creation of Lagos, all these stuffs should have been jotted down...so pple ain't going to build houses illegally, and now that the Lagos state government is planning to demolish a whole 800 Houses(no be beans now) to make pple poor and homeless?

Haba!. Ambode needs to forget that bridge abeg, 800 houses ke?
How can the poor be getting poorer? This ain't possible.
[/size]

Our people are lawless.....those houses were built on land that are already earmarked for governments project, but our people will not listen. They will rather connived with states official and put faith in their Babalawo's and Pastor's in order to turn the decision in their favour.

Example....many houses at Awoyaya along Lekki -Epe are built on lands earmarked for government project. Most of omo-onile knew this, hence, they sold most of the lands at give away prices. When government is ready, they will demolish those houses as well.

The point am making is that, the is blueprint for Lagos city planning, but our people does not follow orderliness. They will rather do the wrong thing with the hope that they can turn things in their own favor.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by 989900B: 7:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Everything is perfect.

My concern is, when the Atlantic project, Dangote refinery, and other massive projects are completed and the '4th' is completed, you now funnel all that traffic to LA-IB express (2/3 lanes) . . . duh!
undecided

I heard a second LA-IB super-highway is part of the Chinese projects that was negotiated, would that be done simultaneously, or before the 4th? It has to, or else we're looking forward to major gridlock at the Lagos exit.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Deen77: 8:00am On Apr 26, 2016
Category1:
[size=13pt]i'm so angry that LAGOS wasn't a well planned city.
before the creation of Lagos, all these stuffs should have been jotted down...so pple ain't going to build houses illegally, and now that the Lagos state government is planning to demolish a whole 800 Houses(no be beans now) to make pple poor and homeless?

Haba!. Ambode needs to forget that bridge abeg, 800 houses ke?
How can the poor be getting poorer? This ain't possible.
[/size]

That is development, is necessary.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by GodMode: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2016
K
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by matrixme(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Promises, promises and promises... That's what this APC led administration is ever good at. The fancy overhead railway they are building from mile 2 to Lekki is still hanging overhead till now. Why don't they devote all resources to finishing that before making up plans for another ambitious project? After all it's still same APC not like in River's state. I fear this project has the same fate as the second Niger bridge which we all have been using on papers ever since the idea was conceived
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by juman(m): 8:57am On Apr 26, 2016
zeembab:

Our people are lawless.....those houses were built on land that are already earmarked for governments project, but our people will not listen. They will rather connived with states official and put faith in their Babalawo's and Pastor's in order to turn the decision in their favour.

Example....many houses at Awoyaya along Lekki -Epe are built on lands earmarked for government project. Most of omo-onile knew this, hence, they sold most of the lands at give away prices. When government is ready, they will demolish those houses as well.

The point am making is that, the is blueprint for Lagos city planning, but our people does not follow orderliness. They will rather do the wrong thing with the hope that they can turn things in their own favor.

A responsible government has responsibility to at least remind people building on illegal land not to do so.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 26, 2016
989900B:
Everything is perfect.

My concern is, when the Atlantic project, Dangote refinery, and other massive projects are completed and the '4th' is completed, you now funnel all that traffic to LA-IB express (2/3 lanes) . . . duh!
undecided

I heard a second LA-IB super-highway is part of the Chinese projects that was negotiated, would that be done simultaneously, or before the 4th? It has to, or else we're looking forward to major gridlock at the Lagos exit.

Everything is still perfect... should the Lagos -kano and Lagos - calabar rail line be completed + the Lagos rail (blue and red lines hopefully linked ) there shouldn't be any gridlock at the exit don't you think?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by juman(m): 9:02am On Apr 26, 2016
Hope it is not just talk talk, but action.

4th Mainland Bridge supposed to be obasanjo project but he did not do even one project in lagos in eight years.

3rd Mainland Bridge was done by ibb.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by 989900B: 9:06am On Apr 26, 2016
tobimillar:

Everything is still perfect... should the Lagos -kano and Lagos - calabar rail line be completed + the Lagos rail (blue and red lines hopefully linked ) there shouldn't be any gridlock at the exit don't you think?

Sounds good, if the timings are perfected to sync.

OTOH, widening of the present LA-IB expressway, and a second proposed LA-IB expressway would make for a 'fail-free' scenario.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by seunajia: 9:17am On Apr 26, 2016
Jarus:
I dey fear o. I stay in inner Ajah and it's only the lagoon that separates my house and Ikorodu.

I see Ikorodu from my place. Praying it's not of the houses to go.

They have at different times considered Badore village, Badore-cooperative, Langbasa.

I think Badore village to the lagoon is a better option. As things stand now, anything that must happen must include the expansion of Badore-Ado Road up to the lagoon at Badore village. That two-lane Road can't take the 4th mainland bridge. Else gridlock will return.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2016
hemartins:
Ambode is working.
Lagos is a Maga city. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
4th mainland bridge would ease the traffic along the main land and Island.

Just compensate those that would be affected.

Mugun Citi ni
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 9:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Jarus:
I dey fear o. I stay in inner Ajah and it's only the lagoon that separates my house and Ikorodu.

I see Ikorodu from my place. Praying it's not of the houses to go.

Bros,

Do you have CofO or Governors Consent? If not rush and wrap that up
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2016
haywire1:

Baba Tawa,
#
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by banme1(m): 9:37am On Apr 26, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]hmmmmm, that's massive project, if the third mainland bridge with 11.82 km long is arguably the longest in Africa, and now this one with massive 37.9 km will contend with the world's[/size]
there is a 20.5km bridge in cairo.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Segadem(m): 9:44am On Apr 26, 2016
banme1:
there is a 20.5km bridge in cairo.
[size=14pt]Yeah that's why I wrote "arguably"[/size]
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 9:45am On Apr 26, 2016
50pseamer:
I believe some of us here dont know how expensive the Lagos state government has made C of O acquisition, it costs above 1 million naira, they take the money from you and hardly provide amenities where you are , to even get the C of O is very difficult. I personally think it is wrong for government to make C of O acquisition so expensive, and difficult, even some people that manage to apply dont get it in 3 years. then you turn back and demolish peoples houses knowing fully well that when they dont have a C of O they get nothing. That is the height of criminality, dont forget that a majority of lagosians cant afford this C of O thing , it is just too expensive, i live abroad, and if i buy a land to even start the process I have to pay 300k as tax even as i dont live in Nigeria, and i will pay the same for the seller aswell plus other charges, i think our goverment habe lost their humanity, and only God will defend the poor in that country. Why should C of O be more that 100,000 Naira since its clear that a majority of Nigerians are poor, what is the Minimum wage in Nigeria? And now he wants to demolish 800 houses, some peoples life savings.

When I got to the underlined, I stopped reading. Those of you in diaspora are fed bunch of lies and give lots of wrong impression. Bros, you have stated a whole lot of falsehood. Getting CofO (now Governor's Consent) in Lagos had been streamlined from the days of Tinubu. If your land in not encumbered or not in dispute, there will be no problem with your Governor's Consent. Secondly there is a guideline on how charges are made. This is determined by the valuation of an area on a per square meter basis. For example, if your property is in Mushin your property could be valued at 2,500 per square meter, while those in Gbagada, Ogudu Ikeja Axis could be charged 3,500. It is on this basis that Governor's Consent is calculated. Official rate in many places hardly get's up to a million.
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 9:48am On Apr 26, 2016
989900B:
Everything is perfect.

undecided

My concern is that Lekki express way has not seen it's volume of traffic yet. Imagine on a working day, the massive crowd coming from Ikorodu will join those on the Ajah Axis all pouring into VI. It is essential to accelerate the rail line on this axis as well

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Goke7: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2016
Lagos must be de-congested, other states need to wake up and develop, the more Lagos expand its infrastructure, its population will increase thereby overstretching any new developed infrastructure.

states like Ogun and Oyo states need to wake up seriously, Ogun is trying but can do more especially in terms of real estate, Ibadan need to start having a vision of a mega city. Finally states across the Niger need to improve.

The mass emigration to Lagos from other parts of the country need to be controlled by other states developing rapidly i terms of infrastructure and evolution of industries, if not we would talking of a fifth mainland bridge soon. I rest my case

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2016
zeembab:

Mr man don't let hate blind your sense of reasoning. If people built on Government lands, why would Govt say it'll compensate them Use your brain bruh. Does govt compensate someone for occupying thier land? Some people will just be typing from the comfort of their homes and be suggesting rubbish......I tell you, a GOVT cannot COMPENSATE an individual if that Individual was occupying Govt land. Stop spilling trash! You'll be BOOTED OUT without MERCY!!!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
mapet:

When I got to the underlined, I stopped reading. Those of you in diaspora are fed bunch of lies and give lots of wrong impression. Bros, you have stated a whole lot of falsehood. Getting CofO (now Governor's Consent) in Lagos had been streamlined from the days of Tinubu. If your land in not encumbered or not in dispute, there will be no problem with your Governor's Consent. Secondly there is a guideline on how charges are made. This is determined by the valuation of an area on a per square meter basis. For example, if your property is in Mushin your property could be valued at 2,500 per square meter, while those in Gbagada, Ogudu Ikeja Axis could be charged 3,500. It is on this basis that Governor's Consent is calculated. Official rate in many places hardly get's up to a million.
Cof O is not the same thing as governor's consent.They are entirely different documents ,process,duration and cost. Also the point he raised about living abroad is very important i.e that he will still have to PAY TAX even though he lives elsewhere and PAYS TAX THERE ALREADY. It seems like you just want to sound off without listening or understanding his perspective
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by hemmagiz(m): 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Hope the owners will be compensated

why Not....he is recently constructing four different roads in our area and the hoises he demolished....he compensated all of them......The Man even promised to finish the Work within 6 weeks......Ambode For 2nd term.....the man is working......he is planning on building bridge aroung Orile Agege

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by omotee1234(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
[quote author=tola9ja post=45042701]Make sure you compensate them well or else thunder will fire # haaa olopa ewon tepe
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
Cof O is not the same thing as governor's consent.They are entirely different documents ,process,duration and cost. Also the point he raised about living abroad is very important i.e that he will still have to PAY TAX even though he lives elsewhere and PAYS TAX THERE ALREADY. It seems like you just want to sound off without listening or understanding his perspective

Nope, I see a lot of misrepresentations in his statements. Check,

1.it costs above 1 million naira...... - You can't just generalise. If he's talking about Lekki or other prime areas, maybe. If he's taking about Gbagada, Anthony, Ogudu, then hell no! That is false.

2....even some people that manage to apply dont get it in 3 years. Mine cycle out in 4-5months. Lagos State states that the official cycle time is 90days. This has been in operation for over 15years.

3. if i buy a land to even start the process I have to pay 300k as tax even as i dont live in Nigeria, and i will pay the same for the seller aswell plus other charges...Do you really believe this statement? What land do you buy in Lagos that requires flat taxation to both government and seller?

Meanwhile, if you read my reply to him very well, you should have seen through what I was trying to tell him, but obviously since I need to "spell" it, now this is - That the guy lives abroad, and he's been given a totally incorrect picture of how thing works.

Also that he lives abroad and pays tax abroad is irrelevant. Nigerians who own properties in the US and lives in Nigeria do pay taxes on those properties. In Lagos State land Use Charge is statutory and backed by law. Will he have a property and in use and not pay tax because he lives abroad?
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
mapet:

Nope, I see a lot of misrepresentations in his statements. Check,

1.it costs above 1 million naira...... - You can't just generalise. If he's talking about Lekki or other prime areas, maybe. If he's taking about Gbagada, Anthony, Ogudu, then hell no! That is false.

2....even some people that manage to apply dont get it in 3 years. Mine cycle out in 4-5months. Lagos State states that the official cycle time is 90days. This has been in operation for over 15years.

3. if i buy a land to even start the process I have to pay 300k as tax even as i dont live in Nigeria, and i will pay the same for the seller aswell plus other charges...Do you really believe this statement? What land do you buy in Lagos that requires flat taxation to both government and seller?

Meanwhile, if you read my reply to him very well, you should have seen through what I was trying to tell him, but obviously since I need to "spell" it, now this is - That the guy lives abroad, and he's been given a totally incorrect picture of how thing works.

Also that he lives abroad and pays tax abroad is irrelevant. Nigerians who own properties in the US and lives in Nigeria do pay taxes on those properties. In Lagos State land Use Charge is statutory and backed by law. Will he have a property and in use and not pay tax because he lives abroad?
The starting point of any discussion is intellectual honesty not trying to "win" a non existent argument at all costs
1. Governor's consent is not the same as C of O . YES or NO do not obfuscate
Why not just admit you were wrong and made a mistake. I guess hell will freeze first
2. To get Governor's consent you must be assessed as a tax payer and PAY TAX whether or not you live in Lagos or even Nigeria. TRUE or FALSE
The tax in issue is NOT property tax so please do not mix things up. It is personal income tax.
Property tax in Lagos state is called Land use tax set at 0.03% of value . It has nothing to do with Land purchase
Those are the points that need addressing with simple binary Y or N answers and not this Phd Thesis you are offering

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
The starting point of any discussion is intellectual honesty not trying to "win" a non existent argument at all costs
1. Governor's consent is not the same as C of O . YES or NO do not obfuscate
Why not just admit you were wrong and made a mistake. I guess hell will freeze first
2. To get Governor's consent you must be assessed as a tax payer and PAY TAX whether or not you live in Lagos or even Nigeria. TRUE or FALSE
The tax in issue is NOT property tax so please do not mix things up. It is personal income tax.
Property tax in Lagos state is called Land use tax set at 0.03% of value . It has nothing to do with Land purchase
Those are the points that need addressing with simple binary Y or N answers and not this Phd Thesis you are offering

Bros,

First off, I need not talk to you if you give me this repulsive attitude. I have told you my drift is to point out misrepresentations I saw in his write up, if you don't get that, then so be it.

Secondly what "intellectual" contest are you interested in. That there is a difference between C of O and Governor's consent....is your correction to me. So what's the big deal? I did not answer that bit because it wasn't the thrust of my earlier submission. But pray tell, what is this your resort to a seeming intellectual contest? The points I laid, was it to challenge intellect or fact-based

The guy alluded that he's expected to pay a flat tax for property purchase both to the government and to the buy, that is what I challenged. Your resort to quoting things (modalities of property taxes and stuffs) that are already in public is unnecessary.

But better still, educate me or clarify his position.......
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by asha80(m): 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
989900B:
Everything is perfect.

undecided

Goke7:
Lagos must be de-congested, other states need to wake up and develop, the more Lagos expand its infrastructure, its population will increase thereby overstretching any new developed infrastructure.
states like Ogun and Oyo states need to wake up seriously, Ogun is trying but can do more especially in terms of real estate, Ibadan need to start having a vision of a mega city. Finally states across the Niger need to improve.
The mass emigration to Lagos from other parts of the country need to be controlled by other states developing rapidly i terms of infrastructure and evolution of industries, if not we would talking of a fifth mainland bridge soon. I rest my case

Lagos will continue to be increasingly congested and witness countless gridlocks until fg(since they have 52% of revenue) deliberately divert traffic away from Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

First off, I need not talk to you if you give me this repulsive attitude. I have told you my drift is to point out misrepresentations I saw in his write up, if you don't get that, then so be it.

Secondly what "intellectual" contest are you interested in. That there is a difference between C of O and Governor's consent....is your correction to me. So what's the big deal? I did not answer that bit because it wasn't the thrust of my earlier submission. But pray tell, what is this your resort to a seeming intellectual contest? The points I laid, was it to challenge intellect or fact-based

The guy alluded that he's expected to pay a flat tax for property purchase both to the government and to the buy, that is what I challenged. Your resort to quoting things (modalities of property taxes and stuffs) that are already in public is unnecessary.

But better still, educate me or clarify his position.......
Contest? What are you talking about? I am totally bewildered I am pointing out misrepresentations by YOU
No one is begging to talk to you so you can Naff off to a place of no return. I am putting the record straight for the public

Please point out where he mentioned PROPERTY TAX because I did not see that ANYWHERE

The fact is before you get Governor's consent in Lagos state you must pay personal income tax whether you live in Lagos State or NOT!! That was my reading of his gripe
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by 989900B: 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Goke7:

On the money!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
Contest? What are you talking about? I am totally bewildered I am pointing out misrepresentations by YOU
No one is begging to talk to you so you can Naff off to a place of no return. I am putting the record straight for the public

Please point out where he mentioned PROPERTY TAX because I did not see that ANYWHERE

The fact is before you get Governor's consent in Lagos state you must pay personal income tax whether you live in Lagos State or NOT!! That was my reading of his gripe

Then quietly leave my mention.......
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
mapet:

Then quietly leave my mention.......
Naff off Oponu
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by mapet: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
omonnakoda:
Naff off Oponu

Problem is idi.ots like you are simply just calling for attention. Akindindinrin!!!!!
Re: Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge by Jarus(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

The place you are viewing is Ijede/Bayeku side from that side I can view Langbasa (Ajah)

Correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Can Now Spot The Difference Between APC And PDP — Mark / My Objective Assessment Of Kadaria Ahmed, Moderator Of The Atiku/Obi Interview / Aso Rock Shooting: Aisha Buhari's ADC, Escort Commander May Face Panel This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.