Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 (28781 Views)

Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by yahrant140(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
apolonius:
Why not el-Rufai/Fashola 2019?

this is a big insult on fashola, to be vp to elrufia... Elrufia didn't have a good political profile like fashola! What have he achieved as a governor? Let alone his failure as a fct minister... Lolz
elrufia indeed!
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by apolonius(m): 7:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
yahrant140:

this is a big insult on fashola, to be vp to elrufia... Elrufia didn't have a good political profile like fashola! What have he achieved as a governor? Let alone his failure as a fct minister... Lolz
elrufia indeed!

Not sure you know what visionary leadership is.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by yahrant140(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
porka:
You people have started your misguided agitation for emptiness.

The same way you people brought in an ancient fanatical expired man and dressed him in suit without recourse to what his carrying capacity.

What competitive executive position have these two people ever occupied in their lives to warrant the suggestion?

Both of them have occupied positions they were appointed to and have had to rely on one godfather or another.

To suggest they should come and do trial and error with Nigerians lives after the Buhari current disaster is unfortunate.

Attahiru Jaga is better qualified than any of these two guys.

jega my foot! Jega conduct the most fraudulent election in Nigeria history...... Nothing special or good about what he did!
All election conducted by him end up in supreme court or appeal.

Morris iwun is better jega...

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by yahrant140(m): 7:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
apolonius:

Not sure you know what visionary leadership is.

well, enlighten me pls!
I live in abuja...... Lol

you can't compare fashola political profile with elrufia political profile...

Elrufia isn't even sure of his second term in office, no matter the project he do in his first term in office.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by orakao8: 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
NOT TRUE...RIBADU IS WELL QUALIFIED
Adminisher:

LOL
I am so very sorry for the amateurish thinking of young PDP supporters. They talk about vision yet don't have any because the mediocre Nigerian sysstem brought then up. Except for those in diaspora, I don't even like reading anything they write. The greatest weakness is that all they know about leadership is all that the sick system shoves in their faces as leadership qualities. This is why even these sick match ups will probably meet their approval. For the more k owledeagble and experienced, Ribadu does not have the intellect to be Nigerian president. He is young and he did a good job in EFCC and is name was in the newspapers a lot but that is it. Okonjo is experienced working in international financial institutions but that woman lacks ideological orientation to be an effective political keader. International civil service at the behest of global financial manipulators is not a qualification for political leadership. The US will never make the Head of the World Bank or Federal Reserve system it's president. We vote political leaders out of ideological orientation.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by orakao8: 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
4 bottles of orijin for you
Wildngent:

You see my brother this is where true REVOLUTION comes in. These pressure groups as well as the private sector like you have rightly mentioned are integral part of what constitute our current day democracy and would always be opposed to the government of the day as regards their best interest. But I beg to mention, who experience don help? The judiciary and legislature are cheap and self interested so what rule of law is worth abiding? We had relied on experience that shelled out clingy individuals in capacity of power for too long a time rather than seek competence. This is one of our greatest undoing aside religon. Nigeria is not only phased with bad leadership, but worse king makers who play a vital role in installing our leaders.What if a Ribadu had a problem with that? Here is my point. If Buhari's leadership were not stained by a little of his being partisan about his fight against corruption,i think he is taking the right step.I also mean that he is somewhat paying solidarity to elements that directly placed him in office however corrupt. I mentioned that the political set up of the PDP may vehemently reject the match and this is due to some of the reasons you highlighted but it is an attractive set-up. running mate to Ribadu might be twerked a little to improve chances of upturning the current standing of the APC if not, get a Kwankwaso to defect from the APC.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by aristosoft(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
People are overestimating Ribadu sad
Ribadu can best be described as a ruthless bulldog, follows instructions to the latter.

Madam NOI isn't bad for VP but will need someone stronger and more experienced to boss her and checkmate IMF influence.

Tis good we start thinking of reasonable choices but this combo can't make it Walahi cool
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by longayink: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
dabossman:

Funny. Last time I checked, of the 17 years of democracy we have had since 1999, Southerners have ruled for 13 years (OBJ-8, GEJ-5) while Northerners have only had 4 years (Yar Adua-3, PMB-1).

North ruled for 36 years before 1999.

Begin from 1960 to 2016. Don't cut off the past to begin halfway like you did for your convenience sake.

North has ruled since 1960 till 1999, except the three years of OBJ as military leader. In all, north ruled for 36 years + the two-and half years of late Yar'Adua. Total of north's leadership goes to 38 and half years. Add that to how many years north shall be with Buhari as president.

Is south a colony of the north?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by judondasylva(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
why not make an Igbo man President? or are they second class citizens who are supposed to be President?

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by bams2999(m): 10:48pm On May 03, 2016
Nigerians are die
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Megaideas(f): 8:41pm On May 07, 2016
ziccoit:

Pushing aside your abusive stance, I've kissed that stuff goodbye a long time ago.

Now to the issue, politics is all about image. APC was able to win last election not only because Nigerians were tired of PDP and GEJ but also PMB who was the APC candidate has a sterling image before majority of Nigerians. Ribadu is a king, image-wise, compare to Okonjo who majority believed, and rightly so, has helped GEJ in destroying our economy. Her joint ticket with Ribadu would definitely spoil the show for Ribadu because people would use it as a payback time. Nigerians don't reward failure and mediocrity.

In case you still want to throw more tantrums, look forward, I'm a wrong candidate for that.

You sound more childish by the hour! So up till now, it has not dawned on you that Ribadu is an agent of Satan? Did Buhari win election? What's he doing better than GEJ? Nigeria is like without a president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan & George Andreas Papandreou, Ex Prime Minister Of Greece Meet / Press Statement On The Pandemonium In Anambra State / Police Speak On Abuja Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.