Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 (28778 Views)

Ribadu Names Nigerians Who ‘Frustrated’ Fight Against Corruption / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Yksoul(m): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2016
THIS RIBADU/IWEALA IS THE BEST PDP CAN COME WITH,BECAUSE NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF YAM EATERS LIKE SULE LAMIDO AND CO.BUT A PERSON LIKE RIBADU THAT HATES CORRUPTION WITH ECONOMIC INTELLIGENT IWEALA CAN DO THE JOB,BUT PMB IS POPULAR IN THE NORTH!

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by focus7: 11:29am On Apr 26, 2016
enlightenedmind:
I have been thinking for a long time. Any well thinking Nigerian knows that our real problem in this country is the absence of leaders. I mean visionaries and patriots like Fashola. People who have a vision for their people. I saw this combination on Naira land. And i think i liked it.

RIBADU/IWEALA

Thoughts
If the combination of this two is definition of well thinking Nigerians then I should really pity the thinking faculty of the Nigeria youth and their future.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by saintmark88(m): 11:33am On Apr 26, 2016
wristbangle:

The real problem is SS/SE regions who vote base on sentiment.

You have nailed it.... Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Wildngent: 11:41am On Apr 26, 2016
Yksoul:
THIS RIBADU/IWEALA IS THE BEST PDP CAN COME WITH,BECAUSE NIGERIANS ARE TIRED OF YAM EATERS LIKE SULE LAMIDO AND CO.BUT A PERSON LIKE RIBADU THAT HATES CORRUPTION WITH ECONOMIC INTELLIGENT IWEALA CAN DO THE JOB,BUT PMB IS POPULAR IN THE NORTH!

You are right! This is the best shot the PDP has at the office of the presidency that should convince the masses but not entirely the PDP's political house.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Gext22: 11:46am On Apr 26, 2016
What a downgrade for NOI. Imagine having to school those ignorant legislators all over again.
A United nations sec is what befits her now.
BTW, i am happy igbos are not commenting on this thread.
There are far Important goals to pursue like sovereignty.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by AbdulHaram(m): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2016
This is a bad combination! I don't support it at all! angry angry
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Megaideas(f): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
ziccoit:

You nail it bros.

In fact, Okonjo in joint ticket with Ribadu would make Rabidu loss more votes. Ribadu alone would have more votes than when join with that woman.

What do you mean? I don't like it when adults reason like infants; you people whip unnecessary sentiments. How can adults allow emotions to becloud reason?
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Allee90: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
shamecurls:
Any North Eastern alliance will fail

Its an automatic loss at the polls........

The Northern Block will never ago with a pinch of the East

The closest Easterner to that spot is Rochas Okorocha....Only him can pull a Northern weight

God bless you my Aboki. The only person in the entire SE that will have the votes of Almajiris is Rochas Okorocha. Any person other than him is an enemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by porka: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2016
You people have started your misguided agitation for emptiness.

The same way you people brought in an ancient fanatical expired man and dressed him in suit without recourse to what his carrying capacity.

What competitive executive position have these two people ever occupied in their lives to warrant the suggestion?

Both of them have occupied positions they were appointed to and have had to rely on one godfather or another.

To suggest they should come and do trial and error with Nigerians lives after the Buhari current disaster is unfortunate.

Attahiru Jaga is better qualified than any of these two guys.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by emmykk(m): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
shamecurls:
Any North Eastern alliance will fail

Its an automatic loss at the polls........

The Northern Block will never ago with a pinch of the East

The closest Easterner to that spot is Rochas Okorocha....Only him can pull a Northern weight

so how did shagari/ekuwmen fly

or tafawa balewa/azikiwe sail.

what kind of weed do you take let.me drag small
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by ziccoit: 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
Megaideas:

What do you mean? I don't like it when adults reason like infants; you people whip unnecessary sentiments. How can adults allow emotions to becloud reason?

Pushing aside your abusive stance, I've kissed that stuff goodbye a long time ago.

Now to the issue, politics is all about image. APC was able to win last election not only because Nigerians were tired of PDP and GEJ but also PMB who was the APC candidate has a sterling image before majority of Nigerians. Ribadu is a king, image-wise, compare to Okonjo who majority believed, and rightly so, has helped GEJ in destroying our economy. Her joint ticket with Ribadu would definitely spoil the show for Ribadu because people would use it as a payback time. Nigerians don't reward failure and mediocrity.

In case you still want to throw more tantrums, look forward, I'm a wrong candidate for that.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by porka: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Yksoul:

What political constituency has Ribadu ever administered in his life?

How will he play the politics of NASS, FEC, Labour Unions, the private sector etc?

How will he not see the whole Nigeria as corrupt like Buhari is current seeing?

How will Ribadu feel about the rule of law? Why can't he learn civilian administration first in his home state Adamawa before dreaming of leading the most diverse black people on earth?

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by akilo1: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
;
LRNZH:
Fayose for Senate President
Tompolo for Chief of Staff
Boyloaf for Minister of Defence
Nnamdi Kanu for Minister of Interior
Dasuki for Minister of Finance

P ower to D e P eople
grin
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Ubyy: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Please, Fashola's name should not be called when we are talking about patriots.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by shamecurls(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
emmykk:

so how did shagari/ekuwmen fly

or tafawa balewa/azikiwe sail.

what kind of weed do you take let.me drag small

There was no bigotry then lik it is today. Nigerian politics today is a tribal and religious game.

Inbtw

Light brains don't smoke weed

1 Like

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by koning: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
What makes you think Okonjo-Iweala would like to be a running mate to Ribadu. She should be aiming to be our first female president. That Veepee post is close to worthless.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Spandy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
LRNZH:

P ower to D e P eople
this your combination is as good as kissing the country called nigeria goodbye! grin
LRNZH:

P ower to D e P eople
this your combination is as good as kissing the country called nigeria goodbye!
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Pedagogue: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nairaland political commentators are more than funny!

To start with, the OP probably thinks Ribadu & Okonjo Iweala have the same good image they had under the OBJ years! Well, sorry to burst your bubble, Ribadu & Okonjo now have tainted CVs. Ribadu ended his political career by associating with GEJ. Okonjo finished her good public record by coordinating the economy of the most corrupt govt since 1999.

Well, since this thread has been reduced to a JOKE, lemme add mine:

Party: PDP

Sarah Jubril- President
VP- Fayose
Min of Finance- Dasuki
Min of state for finance- Diezani
Min of Information: Dokpesi
Min of Petroleum:Bode George
Min of state for Petroleum: Tompolo
Min of Defence: Nnamdi Kanu
Min of Education: Shekau
Min of Culture: Fani Kayode

EFCC chairman: Olisa Metuh
INEC chairman: Ubah

Senate President: Theodore Orji
Speaker: Omisore

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by tsdarkside(m): 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
i am not going to vote this woman.......forget it!!!!......
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
enlightenedmind:

Actually u dismiss d idea but the truth is it is people like tompolo, nnamdi kanu that will actually make good representation in politics.
What are you saying?
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by bayinq25(m): 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]No,
minister of defence should go to Shekau while minister for finance should be co-held by Dasuki and Alison Madueke grin
[/size]
R.I.p Nigeria grin
Segadem:
[size=14pt]No,
minister of defence should go to Shekau while minister for finance should be co-held by Dasuki and Alison Madueke grin
[/size]
R.I.p Nigeria
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Wildngent: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
porka:

What political constituency has Ribadu ever administered in his life?

How will he play the politics of NASS, FEC, Labour Unions, the private sector etc?

How will he not see the whole Nigeria as corrupt like Buhari is current seeing?

How will Ribadu feel about the rule of law? Why can't he learn civilian administration first in his home state Adamawa before dreaming of leading the most diverse black people on earth?

You see my brother this is where true REVOLUTION comes in. These pressure groups as well as the private sector like you have rightly mentioned are integral part of what constitute our current day democracy and would always be opposed to the government of the day as regards their best interest. But I beg to mention, who experience don help? The judiciary and legislature are cheap and self interested so what rule of law is worth abiding? We had relied on experience that shelled out clingy individuals in capacity of power for too long a time rather than seek competence. This is one of our greatest undoing aside religon. Nigeria is not only phased with bad leadership, but worse king makers who play a vital role in installing our leaders.What if a Ribadu had a problem with that? Here is my point. If Buhari's leadership were not tainted by a little of his being partisan about his fight against corruption,i think he is taking the right steps. I also mean that he is somewhat paying solidarity to elements that directly placed him in office however corrupt. I mentioned that the political set up of the PDP may vehemently reject the match and this is due to some of the reasons you highlighted but it is an attractive set-up. running mate to Ribadu might be twerked a little to improve chances of upturning the current standing of the APC if not, get a Kwankwaso to defect from the APC.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Ibime(m): 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
enlightenedmind:
I have been thinking for a long time. Any well thinking Nigerian knows that our real problem in this country is the absence of leaders. I mean visionaries and patriots like Fashola. People who have a vision for their people. I saw this combination on Naira land. And i think i liked it.

RIBADU/IWEALA

Thoughts

Under which party?

Cos na Sherrif wey PDP want put forward.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
I don't think Ribadu has any chance of clinching the PDP nomination.
Like I said in another thread, the most likely PDP candidate will be Adamu Mu'azu, or Gov Dankwambo. A Ribadu that tried and failed to win his party's governorship primary can't possibly engineer a win at the presidential primary.

However, Iweala is a plausible choice for VP, as she has the necessary governmental and political experience needed for the office.
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by toofit007: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
ALL WE ARE SAYING........., GIVE US BIAFRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Leiman100(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
longayink:
@Administer,

You are most amateurish for not understanding that APC is more or less PDP by membership.

Methinks, no other Nigerian may be qualified enough to be your choice of Nigerian president unless a Hausa/Fulani.

@ By the way, OP, why Ribadu/Iwealla and not Iwealla/Ribadu?

Is Ribadu in any way more qualified than Iwealla?

Or you have swallowed the bitter pill that mediocrity must come before merit in choice of Nigeria's leaders? The same way you chose Buhari before others?

Or that you have swallowed the bitter pill that Hausa/Fulani is more of a Nigerian citizen than any person from the rest of Nigeria?

Yar'Adua ruled, then Buhari. How many times must a northerner govern you before another person from the south of Nigeria?
keep lamenting, is your potion!
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Leiman100(m): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
longayink:
@Administer,

You are most amateurish for not understanding that APC is more or less PDP by membership.

Methinks, no other Nigerian may be qualified enough to be your choice of Nigerian president unless a Hausa/Fulani.

@ By the way, OP, why Ribadu/Iwealla and not Iwealla/Ribadu?

Is Ribadu in any way more qualified than Iwealla?

Or you have swallowed the bitter pill that mediocrity must come before merit in choice of Nigeria's leaders? The same way you chose Buhari before others?

Or that you have swallowed the bitter pill that Hausa/Fulani is more of a Nigerian citizen than any person from the rest of Nigeria?

Yar'Adua ruled, then Buhari. How many times must a northerner govern you before another person from the south of Nigeria?
keep lamenting and wailing, is your potion!
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by NovusHomo(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
enlightenedmind:

GOD FORBID!!!! WE WANT YOUNG MINDS IN OUR SENATE PLZ. NO ONE OLDER THAN 45

Young minds like we see on Nairaland. grin
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by wiseass: 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Adminisher:

LOL
I am so very sorry for the amateurish thinking of young PDP supporters. They talk about vision yet don't have any because the mediocre Nigerian sysstem brought then up. Except for those in diaspora, I don't even like reading anything they write. The greatest weakness is that all they know about leadership is all that the sick system shoves in their faces as leadership qualities. This is why even these sick match ups will probably meet their approval. For the more k owledeagble and experienced, Ribadu does not have the intellect to be Nigerian president. He is young and he did a good job in EFCC and is name was in the newspapers a lot but that is it. Okonjo is experienced working in international financial institutions but that woman lacks ideological orientation to be an effective political keader. International civil service at the behest of global financial manipulators is not a qualification for political leadership. The US will never make the Head of the World Bank or Federal Reserve system it's president. We vote political leaders out of ideological orientation.

I think you got it very right with Ribadu but.missed it with okonjo. IMO I could be wrong but I feel that woman has a great deal to offer us in these trying times
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by chiefmidwife: 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
Why not Okonjo Iwala and Ribadu
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by Mbediogu(m): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
LRNZH:
Fayose for Senate President Tompolo for Chief of Staff Boyloaf for Minister of Defence Nnamdi Kanu for Minister of Interior Dasuki for Minister of Finance
P ower to D e P eople
. . and you for Minister of (mis)information, Finance and Works. lmao!
Re: Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 by otunbakolawole(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
bros abeg what ideological orientation does buhari have? or even Jonathan or Obj?

most Nigerians vote along ethnic religious or monetary inclinations. i will like to hear your thoughts though
Adminisher:

LOL
I am so very sorry for the amateurish thinking of young PDP supporters. They talk about vision yet don't have any because the mediocre Nigerian sysstem brought then up. Except for those in diaspora, I don't even like reading anything they write. The greatest weakness is that all they know about leadership is all that the sick system shoves in their faces as leadership qualities. This is why even these sick match ups will probably meet their approval. For the more k owledeagble and experienced, Ribadu does not have the intellect to be Nigerian president. He is young and he did a good job in EFCC and is name was in the newspapers a lot but that is it. Okonjo is experienced working in international financial institutions but that woman lacks ideological orientation to be an effective political keader. International civil service at the behest of global financial manipulators is not a qualification for political leadership. The US will never make the Head of the World Bank or Federal Reserve system it's president. We vote political leaders out of ideological orientation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yomi Faparusi "Fapas" For US Congress / 6,000 Illegal Miners Flood Osun From Mali / Mudashiru Obasa Meets EndSARS Protesters, Signs Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.