Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW (8285 Views)

Power Generation Drops To 3,050MW / Power Generation Drops Further To 2,035.20MW / Dark Days Ahead: As Power Generation Drops To 2,841MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 26, 2016
The Guardian: The 11 Electricity Distribution Companies (Discos) have continued to ration power supply to consumers across the geo-political zones of the country as the national grid generation drops to 3,494Mega Watts (MW).

The Guardian investigations yesterday revealed that the nation’s power sector appears to be lacking proper harmonisation of data as various government agencies, including the Federal Ministry of Power, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) failed to update the power generation level while some are parading conflicting figures on their websites.

Before the dissolution of the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTPF), the agency had been the only platform that parades accurate information on the national generation levels. The Electricity System Operator ,an arm of TCN has also barred the public from the more reliable website that updates power generation (www.nsong.org).

Statistics from the Federal Ministry of Power showed that the national grid could only boast of about 3,144MW as at April 22, while the TCN announced 3,500MW same day.

As at April 23, the TCN data showed that generation has dropped further to 3,494MW from the highest peak generation of 5074MW recorded on February, 2, 2016.The generation statistics showed that the output has started dropping from 3.928MW on April 21, to 3639MW and 3494MW accordingly.

The situation, according to The Guardian source, may not be unconnected with shortage in gas supply, poor water management and transmission challenges.

The prolonged load-shedding embarked upon by the DISCOs has negatively impacted on business and domestic activities, as consumers lament paying high bills for poor service delivery.

Besides, some consumers told The Guardian that securing prepaid meters have become a herculean task for them, while the DISCOs continue to roll out estimated billings that are not commensurate with power supply.

NERC had berated the DISCOs over poor implementation of their metering plans under the Credit Advance Payment for Metering Implementation (CAPMI) scheme.

The acting Chairman of the Commission, Anthony Akah, described as unacceptable the low number of metered customers by the eleven distribution companies since privatisation of the power sector.

Expressing his dissatisfaction with the development, Akah said that the commission was in the process of winding down CAPMI since most of the Discos are not implementing it even as they are performing badly in their metering scheme.

“People are complaining of being unfairly billed, they are not questioning the tariff as much as the fact that there is no noticeable improvement in supply. We believe we have done what is closest to reflective tariff. We are being challenged, now there is no going back on our protection of the consumers, we are stepping up our enforcement’’, he said.

http://m.guardian.ng/business-services/power-firms-ration-supply-as-generation-drops-to-3494mw/
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 26, 2016
The Electricity System Operator,an arm of TCN has also barred the public from the more reliable website that updates power generation (www.nsong.org).
No wonder we were recently deprived of assessing updates on electrical power dispensations lately.

The masses have being thwarted of accountability and it is a product of Change.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by faithesco(f): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2016
And all thanks goes to my honorable bubu...bring my corruption ejuuuu...am tired of change oo

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 26, 2016
faithesco:
And all thanks goes to my honorable bubu...bring my corruption ejuuuu...am tired of change oo
Change of promise.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Almajiri1: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigerians REALLY deserve better! What a hell hole that APC and Buhari has delivered.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
grin grin
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Millz404(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
At this point in time... I don't have a problem if Nigeria is placed on olx... One of this advanced countries should just come n buy d country...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
Fashola is working.

We are not even asking them to add to the MW GEJ's government could generate. All we ask is that they maintained it, but even that task is hard.

And they said our power issues would be over in 6 month, now na gas story we dey hear.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Misogynist2014(m): 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
At least it is CHANGE_ing

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by nairaman66(m): 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2016
Terrible!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by TPAND(f): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Our mouth running, rocket scientist has failed us.
I remember the fashola guy was ranting on TV in a 45mins video condemning erratic power supply in Nigeria. Talking about his rocket science crap. Same as Osinbajo.

Fashola performed fairly in Lagos because the state is dwelling on a Fat IGR. He is not any better than any other governor in Nigeria. He is a pathological kleptomaniac who built a crap website for millions of naira and drilled a borehole for well over 70million naira. With the impact of Ambode in Lagos over the past few months, one would wonder and ask this question, why are we giving so much credit to Fashola for doing he ought to do?

Ambode should take the credit. He designed Lagos IGR plan and so far he has been outstanding as the governor of Lagos state. Ambode has exposed Fashola's mediocrity in office. Fashola is nothing but a celebrated mediocre

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by beGOOD4aba(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
make una dey speak grammar. whether e drop or e no drop, d bill go dey go high. APC second name na scam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Hillzy(m): 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hmmmm it is well
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by MoreWahala: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
So more darkness, cry cry
God will judge and Punish all the useless Zombies that supported this evil change

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Lilimax(f): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Na so the power dey go upandan embarassed
Today it has risen to 5000MW , tomorrow it has dropped to 2000MW.
I think power generation is no rocket science undecided?

O rue nu n'omume, onye agbala oso! (Meaning: This is the time for action, make una no run o!) embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by ubest1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
This thing should keep on dropping, because when ever Grid drop our light improved
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by shaboti: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by prinsam30: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
ehehe... No wonder, even NEPA quarters no get light throughout yesterday till this morning, I for talk say wetin dey happen wey a whole NEPA quarters light no dey.

in case u must know, I been secretly tap light from the quarters without them knowing, people still dey wonder how manage my compound dey always get light, I told them na inverter.

Make I dey flex am dey go anytime light dey jare, it is also my National Cake.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by MrGerald(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
and one op was here yesterday talking RU*ish, giving wrong statistics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by dunkem21(m): 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
It is better than 0MW cool
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by TeamSimple(m): 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2016
Power drop today, drop tomorrow but I still dey get power for my side on daily basis.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by bionixs: 12:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
God must disgrace all our leaders who misled the gullible into this logjam
shaboti:
Nigeria.
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by christopher123(m): 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
When a man, a lawyer is manning serious set of Electrical, Civil and Design engineering why wont the power drop.

This is not the abracadabra that they did in Lagos. This is on a National scale, I think the best thing for the minister is to do the hummable and honourable thing...Which is just resign or throw in the towel. He should go back to what is known for...LAW CHAMBERS

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Missmossy(f): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
Not again!!!

Really disheartening with the extreme heat lately.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Temismith(f): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
na drop to zero e suppose be. cos we havnt seen light here since last week

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by tolexy007(m): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
shocked angry angry
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by maxzzo1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
APC!!! Fire!!!
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
In Kadunna, Kano, Lagos, Anambara and Akwa Ibom, Power Generation Drops To 0MW
Please add yours

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by captainmuyi(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Look! This party ve nothing to offer this country
Re: Power Generation Drops To 3,494MW by belcom10(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lilimax:
Na so the power dey go upandan embarassed
Today it has risen to 5000MW , tomorrow it has dropped to 2000MW.
I think power generation is no rocket science undecided?

O rue nu n'omume, onye agbala oso! (Meaning: This is the time for action, make una no run o!) embarassed
today risen, tomorrow dropped, very soon we gonna trade power directly on the floor of nigeria (stock)power exchange

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palliatives Alone Can’t Solve Escalating Hunger – Atiku / Ganduje: APC Will Win All The 36 States After Edo, Ondo / Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.