Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer (3867 Views)

Appreciating Our Nairaland Women / Why Women Need Marriage Certificate –registrar / 7 Signs Of Cervical Cancer That Women Need To Observe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by EfemenaXY: 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:
1. You treat your little son as a god, you make him feel entitled to everything, you call him King, Soldier, 'My god,' 'My Lord', 'My Royal Majesty'. Then you come on Nairaland to attack mature men, and ask them why they do not wash their wife's inner wears. Please, have you ever seen a King sit down to wash the Queen's lingeries?

I have never come across a woman who calls her little son "My King, Soldier, god, Lord, Royal Majesty" unless of course you write from your own personal experience(s)? Even loonies don't do it. Besides, shouldn't these supposedly mature men be able to discern right from wrong? Or did crucial developmental milestones pass these "men" by?

Acidosis:
2. Whenever you see your son beat up his colleagues in school or in the neighborhood, a mystical smile immediately shows up on your face, like yeah! That's my soldier boy. Why then do you bash matured men who beat up disobedient and arrogant women?

And where is the boy's father whilst all of this is allegedly happening? Right under his nose as he folds his hands doing nothing but playing the part of a sperm donor while the "terrible" mother single handedly raises the boy?

Acidosis:
3. While you were growing up, how does it feel when your brothers sleep around with girls? Do you feel fulfilled (big bro the player wink ). Have you ever cautioned your brothers about the dangers of illicit se.x? Why do you feel happy, and even join in the conversation when they narrate their adventures with other women?

Now this is just perverted.

Why, no. How on earth does a sister feel fulfilled that her elder brother sleeps around with anything in skirts? What do you mean by fulfillment? You mean sexual fulfillment? Ewww...gross. I know guys swap stories (real and unreal) between themselves about their 'conquests' but to share those stories with their sisters? So do the sisters then share their own sexual escapades with their brothers?

You're weird.

Acidosis:
4. Would you honestly allow your little son assist you in the Kitchen, while your daughters sit with Hubby to watch FA cup finals?

I'm sure I've shared this countless times on here but for your sake, I'll repeat: All my boys cook! I taught them from Year 4 (primary 4). And I'm talking proper Nigerian dishes. From Jollof rice to pepper soup, from descaling fresh fish bought from the market to roasting chicken drumsticks. From boiling / frying yams to making proper stew and chopping up Ugwu leaves / okro. The only thing left for me to teach them, is how to cook Egusi, Ogbolo, and Banga soups. Aside those, they whip up a mean dish.

I take them shopping with me every weekend so they know exactly what to buy from the market place, how much they cost, how to tell which product is fresh and which isn't, etc. (I'm not saying they enjoy it, but they understand the necessity i.e. paving the way to self-sufficiency and total independence later on in life).

Household chores are equally shared and they all know how to operate the dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, oven/grill, hoover, blender, etc. When I had my daughter, as soon as I'd recovered from my C-Section, the first thing I taught them was how to change their sister's soiled nappy. Last time we travelled back home for the xmas hols, they even demonstrated before their female cousins how to change their baby sister's nappy with wipes, etc.

And for what it's worth, hubby, my dad, and father-in-law all cooked, including my brothers too. So I honestly don't get where you're coming from.

Acidosis:
5. How would you describe gender equality? equal rights and opportunities, right? Why do you sometimes feel your little son is superior and powerful than his female counterparts in school?

Says who?

If parents really feel that way, then why bother sending their daughters to school where they get the same opportunities to study all available courses? Or do these girls attend sub-standard schools with limited subjects on offer?

Acidosis:
6. At what age should gender equality be enforced? From birth? Only in marriage?

From conception.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I have never come across a woman who calls her little son "My King, Soldier, god, Lord, Royal Majesty" unless of course you write from your own personal experience(s)? Even loonies don't do it. Besides, shouldn't these supposedly mature men be able to discern right from wrong? Or did crucial developmental milestones pass these "men" by?

And where is the boy's father whilst all of this is allegedly happening? Right under his nose as he folds his hands doing nothing but playing the part of a sperm donor while the "terrible" mother single handedly raises the boy?

Why, no. How on earth does a sister feel fulfilled that her elder brother sleeps around with anything in skirts? What do you mean by fulfillment? You mean sexual fulfillment? Ewww...gross. I know guys swap stories (real and unreal) between themselves about their 'conquests' but to share those stories with their sisters? So do the sisters then share their own sexual escapades with their brothers?

You're weird.

I'm sure I've shared this countless times on here but for your sake, I'll repeat: All my boys cook! I taught them from Year 4 (primary 4). And I'm talking proper Nigerian dishes. From Jollof rice to pepper soup, from descaling fresh fish bought from the market to roasting chicken drumsticks. From boiling / frying yams to making proper stew and chopping up Ugwu leaves / okro. The only thing left for me to teach them, is how to cook Egusi, Ogbolo, and Banga soups. Aside those, they whip up a mean dish.

I take them shopping with me every weekend so they know exactly what to buy from the market place, how much they cost, how to tell which product is fresh and which isn't, etc. (I'm not saying they enjoy it, but they understand the necessity i.e. paving the way to self-sufficiency and total independence later on in life).

Household chores are equally shared and they all know how to operate the dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, oven/grill, hoover, blender, etc. When I had my daughter, as soon as I'd recovered from my C-Section, the first thing I taught them was how to change their sister's soiled nappy. Last time we travelled back home for the xmas hols, they even demonstrated before their female cousins how to change their baby sister's nappy with wipes, etc.

And for what it's worth, hubby, my dad, and father-in-law all cooked, including my brothers too. So I honestly don't get where you're coming from.

Says who?

If parents really feel that way, then why bother sending their daughters to school where they get the same opportunities to study all available courses? Or do these girls attend sub-standard schools with limited subjects on offer?

From conception.

Are you a Nigerian woman?

You've lost contact with realities down here.

There are ladies who sit with their cousins, and big brothers to discuss series of "away matches". We have some of them on Nairaland and they openly show approval to such discussions. In fact, it makes them love their brothers/cousins more.

A lot is happening here, but I wouldn't want to type more since you've clearly addressed all the questions. I'm glad to read your views.

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by EfemenaXY: 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Are you a Nigerian woman?

You've lost contact with realities down here.

There are ladies who sit with their cousins, and big brothers to discuss series of "away matches". We have some of them on Nairaland and they openly show approval to such discussions. In fact, it makes them love their brothers/cousins more.

A lot is happening here, but I wouldn't want to type more since you've clearly addressed all the questions. I'm glad to read your views.

How does where I come from matter? Bottom line is, I'm a mum with sons and my sons are certainly not being brought up in the manner in which you've portrayed.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by jashar(f): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 8:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
EfemenaXY:

How does where I come from matter where I come from? Bottom line is, I'm a mum with sons and my sons are certainly not being brought up in the manner in which you've portrayed.

Good to hear your position about the matter.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
jashar:
Hmmm
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Stillfire: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
raumdeuter:

If you see a 7year old girl beating up your 7yr old boy, How would you react?

Or if your 7yr old boy came home crying that he was beaten by a 7yr old girl on the playground?

I would separate the fight in scenario 1, go to the playground in scenario 2, and make both understand that violence is never the answer except under circumstances of self defense which is well within the law, however in the instance of self defense the jury would also determine if the amount of force used during your self defense was appropriate. They should rather use their words to settle conflicts. That is what civilized humans do. If they can't come to a consensus it is also ok to agree to disagree and move along.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Stillfire: 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Nice exposition.

I'm only trying to draw the attention of women to the fact that "gender equality" is alien to our generation, it won't start in a day. A woman who never see herself as EQUAL to her brothers (in terms of responsibilities, opportunities) has no right whatsoever to demand for equality on marital issues.

We cannot continue to deceive one another all the time. Majority of men who kick against gender equality bill were raised by mothers who never believed or attempt to treat their sons like the female counterparts.

The equality we all look forward to start from birth.

I'm particularly happy about the keyword "responsibilities" in the UN definition.

I agree it won't start in a day. But people like myself won't shut up about it though until a balance is reached! cool
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by jashar(f): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stillfire:

I agree it won't start in a day. But people like myself won't shut up about it though until a balance is reached! cool

You need to direct the message to mothers especially. They have the power to correct the errors of 'our' grandmothers.
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
jashar:
Can you answer at least 2 questions?
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stillfire:

I would separate the fight in scenario 1, go to the playground in scenario 2, and make both understand that violence is never the answer except under circumstances of self defense which is well within the law, however in the instance of self defense the jury would also determine if the amount of force used during your self defense was appropriate. They should rather use their words to settle conflicts. That is what civilized humans do. If they can't come to a consensus it is also ok to agree to disagree and move along.

How does a 7yr old son do self defence without going against the taboo of "Hitting a girl"
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by jashar(f): 11:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Can you answer at least 2 questions?

Ok. Brb grin
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by cococandy(f): 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nothing in the OP made sense to me.

My brother wasn't raised that way and my son/s won't be raised that way.
There was and should always be a balance between indulgence when required and discipline when necessary.
Ain't no one interested in raising a self-centered douche. At least not me.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 11:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
jashar:

Ok. Brb grin
Lol
I'm waiting, you can't escape this
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
cococandy:
Nothing in the OP made sense to me.

My brother wasn't raised that way and my son/s won't be raised that way.
There was and should always be a balance between indulgence when required and discipline when necessary.
Ain't no one interested in raising a self-centered douche. At least not me.

I'm not surprised, you have never agreed with me on any issue. You're a complete opposite of everything I represent..

Check yourself my crush.

grin grin
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by cococandy(f): 1:17am On Apr 28, 2016
Acidosis:

I'm not surprised, you have never agreed with me on any issue. You're a complete opposite of everything I represent..

Check yourself my crush.

grin grin
I can't agree with something that doesn't make any sense to me.

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 7:57am On Apr 28, 2016
cococandy:
I can't agree with something that doesn't make any sense to me.
hmmn
Okay
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
EfemenaXY:

You're weird.

Says who?

From conception.

Clarity and Wisdom. What a beautiful combination. wink smiley

3 Likes

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dayo, stop encouraging violence.

raumdeuter:

Or if your 7yr old boy came home crying that he was beaten by a 7yr old girl on the playground?

Efe, you mind Acidosis grin. Calling someone pet names doesn't mean he should live it out.
Oh sweetie you are my king, i love you. Does that mean you should go get a king chair, a crown, horse hair and Lord it over me ? Kai !!

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by marlvis(f): 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
Mr man beating up women weda arrogant ,disrespectful,rude bla bla bla is unacceptable on no circumstance should u lay ya hands on ya wife that's being immature and inhuman ...as for the other questions I don't have any answer am not married and don't have kids .....

just passing by ..
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
armyofone:

How am I? I am just saying if your 7yr old son is getting beat up by a girl, How does a 7yr old defend himself without "hitting a girl"
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by armyofone(m): 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
grin what kind of neighbors do you have? What kind of neighborhood do you live that 7yr old children barely out of diapers are fighting each other? Nodding my head...

raumdeuter:

How am I? I am just saying if your 7yr old son is getting beat up by a girl, How does a 7yr old defend himself without "hitting a girl"
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
armyofone:
grin what kind of neighbors do you have? What kind of neighborhood do you live that 7yr old children barely out of diapers are fighting each other? Nodding my head...

Kids fight regularly. They fight over who plays the ball, who uses the swing, who does what. So I dont think its strange
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 9:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
marlvis:
Mr man beating up women weda arrogant ,disrespectful,rude bla bla bla is unacceptable on no circumstance should u lay ya hands on ya wife that's being immature and inhuman ...as for the other questions I don't have any answer am not married and don't have kids .....

just passing by ..

How would you feel if a 6 year old girl from your neighborhood beats up your 7 year old son?

Let's talk about kids.

I also believe you have brothers, so address question 3 smiley
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
armyofone:

Efe, you mind Acidosis grin. Calling someone pet names doesn't mean he should live it out.
Oh sweetie you are my king, i love you. Does that mean you should go get a king chair, a crown, horse hair and Lord it over me ? Kai !!

grin grin We know how you women adore your sons, and wish they'll protect you and beat up any impostor.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by EfemenaXY: 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
Acidosis:

grin grin We know how you women adore your sons, and wish they'll protect you and beat up any impostor.

cheesy

raumdeuter:

You & Dayo are violent men lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by Acidosis(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
EfemenaXY:

lipsrsealed
I'm a gentleman wink
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
EfemenaXY:

No one gentle reach me
Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by cococandy(f): 12:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Had to share. kiss kiss kiss kiss
EfemenaXY:

You're weird.

Says who?

From conception.

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by bukatyne(f): 10:15am On May 02, 2016
Acidosis:
1. You treat your little son as a god, you make him feel entitled to everything, you call him King, Soldier, 'My god,' 'My Lord', 'My Royal Majesty'. Then you come on Nairaland to attack mature men, and ask them why they do not wash their wife's inner wears. Please, have you ever seen a King sit down to wash the Queen's lingeries?

2. Whenever you see your son beat up his colleagues in school or in the neighborhood, a mystical smile immediately shows up on your face, like yeah! That's my soldier boy. Why then do you bash matured men who beat up disobedient and arrogant women?

3. While you were growing up, how does it feel when your brothers sleep around with girls? Do you feel fulfilled (big bro the player wink ). Have you ever cautioned your brothers about the dangers of illicit se.x? Why do you feel happy, and even join in the conversation when they narrate their adventures with other women?

4. Would you honestly allow your little son assist you in the Kitchen, while your daughters sit with Hubby to watch FA cup finals?

5. How would you describe gender equality? equal rights and opportunities, right? Why do you sometimes feel your little son is superior and powerful than his female counterparts in school?

6. At what age should gender equality be enforced? From birth? Only in marriage?

1. I agree with you that some women have brought up terrible sons... Some are currently complaining about their husbands yet bringing up their sons to be mini versions of their husbands.

2. Some parents are happy their children are able to stand up to bullies.... Irrespective of gender. I do not know moms happy their sons beat up girls because they are girls.

3. Have only a younger brother who told us proudly that he wanted to be chaste till marriage. We were all brought up that way.

4. My kids will have turns with us doing chores. Tomorrow, it might be daddy & daughters turn. It is also a great way to bond.

5. Son more powerful or son more brilliant because he came tops in class? Bros, who power don't EPP? Is he training to be a wrestler or bricklayer?

6. From birth

1 Like

Re: 6 Pertinent Questions Nairaland Women Need To Answer by bukatyne(f): 10:27am On May 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

Hauwa,

Or if your 7yr old boy came home crying that he was beaten by a 7yr old girl?

1. Separate them, asked what went wrong and caution my son not to fight again.

2. Asked what happened. If she is a bully, ask him to stand his ground & fight back if necessary.

At age 7, I doubt kids are conscious of gender differences or equality/inferiority so it is more of 2 kids fighting.

Will not teach them to fight, but they MUST be able to stand their ground like I was taught.

For all it's worth, only fought once in my life. Was able to stand my ground in all cases without getting physical.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Offer! 1.2kva Inverter + 200 Ah Battery (tkb Deep Cycle) = N69,900 / Sister, Please Reserve Your Nectar For Him! / Strange But Funny Things That Has Happened To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.