Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:10 PM

Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly (42131 Views)

Free Zakzaky Protesters At Unity Fountain, Abuja (Photos) / Protesters At The Senate Over Ali Ndume's Suspension (Photos) / PHOTO: Pro Saraki Protesters Outside The Court This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by deluxeT(m): 4:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
I AM NOW SO SURE THAT EVERYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY DESERVES THE KIND OF LEADERSHIP WE ARE GETTING NOW, A PROTEST THAT WAS LONG OVERDUE AND SOME CONDEMNED SOULS COULD ONLY SEE IT BEING SPONSORED. I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE USED TO PERPETUAL OPPRESSION AND EMBARRASSMENT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Angrymode: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
Looks like low price protesters to me. How them take get fuel reach there sef? Don't get me wrong, I am against Saraki on all charges if he is guilty but I think the revolution 9ja needs is not "Saraki Must Resign". I hope those youths are employed sha because rioting is not a job o!!!

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
rowels:
The report reaching us is that Nigerians protesters have taken over the national assembly and blocked the whole area in a protest tagged #OccupyNass. The protest is led by the Citizens United for Peace and Stability (CUPS),

http://www.onlinebasedmarketing.com/happening-now-protester-takes-over-and-blocks-national-assembly/

Updates:
Scores of protesting youths under the aegis of Occupy National Assembly, on Tuesday, besieged the premises of the federal parliament and demanded the immediate resignation of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

The youths made up of various Civil Society Organisations and students, were also demanding that the federal lawmakers should immediately revisit the grey areas identified in the 2016 budget by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Apart from this, they asked 36 senators who had so far collected their own exotic jeeps to return them immediately or face the wrath of Nigerians.

The protesters marched from the Unity Fountain within the Central Area of the city to the National Assembly, a journey of about two kilometers and forced their way to the main gate, defiling all security network mounted by regular and riot police officers.

The youths forced the main gate closed thereby preventing staff, lawmakers and visitors from either entering or leaving the premises.

The protesters, armed with placards containing various inscriptions, vowed to seal off the federal parliament for the initial three days to see whether their demands would be met.

They also said they would resume a permanent protest that would paralyse all activities in the National Assembly until all their demands were fully met.

http://www.punchng.com/breaking-youths-lock-down-nassembly-demand-sarakis-resignation/

Nigerian youths r sooooo sooo daft, instead u protest why there is no light, fuel. Is saraki the problem we facing in the country!! They shared token amount of money to jobless youths!!
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Tarzaa(m): 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
E make sense!
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Deen77: 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
deluxeT:
I AM NOW SO SURE THAT EVERYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY DESERVES THE KIND OF LEADERSHIP WE ARE GETTING NOW, A PROTEST THAT WAS LONG OVERDUE AND SOME CONDEMNED SOULS COULD ONLY SEE IT BEING SPONSORED. I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE USED TO PERPETUAL OPPRESSION AND EMBARRASSMENT.

Don't mind them my brother.

Panama Gate is Tinubu.
Jeep of 17 million to 35 million is Tinubu.
Is Tinubu that ask Saraki to steal from kwara not to pay worker's salary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Deen77: 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Which stupid revolution? Some paid tinubu dogs are carrying placards and you call it revolution? Are you for real? If you want to start revolution start be driving out the incompetent dullard that has kept us in acute fuel scarcity for the last 3 months

My brother is Tinubu Panama Gate again, why not use your brain or the jeep of 17 million for 35 million, planning to by 108 at this period of low oil price. Tinubu Tinubu, no salary for kwara worker's for 6 months na Tinubu.

Nawa oooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by kuuljay(m): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
deluxeT:
correction it's not some people it's some igbos, they are the only ones moving in the opposit direction,even the Ijaws have long forgotten their son lost election and wish the country well. I have never seen such bitterness in a tribe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by 989900B: 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:
How about protesting against power outage, fuel scarcity and insecurity??
[s]Protest against Presidency getting N15bn more in 2016 budget than it got in 2015[/s]

By the creator, you are no less human than those men out there on the streets, and by all means if you lead a protest for the above ills, history will remember you for it. That said, you can't have done nothing towards protesting power outage, fuel scarcity, and insecurity, but criticize those people out there protesting the very 'genesis'/source of all the ills you stated.

There wouldn't be all those wrongs if the senate is an hallowed chamber like it was created to be -- all the monies meant for power, refineries and security but embezzled, passed through the palms of all those men and women sitting right there in the senate.

Maybe you should join in in the protest (if you are in the country), maybe we all should.

P.S. About the budget for the presidency, wait till we see what's inside, or you have a copy?

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by MORNDEW(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2016
Wahalaboy:
I don't understand how jobless these people are. Look at this o, you go on protests that someone who spent millions to win an election to quit his office. Lmao!!!

1. You spend energy, protesting under the sun
2. The protests will never earn the desired result, as he doesn't give an ass about your protests. He's not going to resign.
3. You failed to realize that the social media now has more influence than Street protests . Sahara Reporters don't stress themselves to waste their time protesting under the sun, J.J Omojuwa didn't too. Stay behind your keyboard at home and join the pressure.

Drop this archaic and stale protests make person hear word jor. We have bigger problems than saraki. Indomie hungry man size is now N120, you are not protesting about it. Ya concerned with Saraki. Mtchew.
Is indomie your product? Or your food? Some of you should be shameful.
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by cktheluckyman: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
author=Deen77 post=45063469]

My brother is Tinubu Panama Gate again, why not use your brain or the jeep of 17 million for 35 million, planning to by 108 at this period of low oil price. Tinubu Tinubu, no salary for kwara worker's for 6 months na Tinubu.

Nawa oooo

Nigerians are more concerned about the three months fuel scarcity,acute power outage and rising cost of food items than any stupid NASS matter!! if anywhere should be occupied,it should be aso rock where that illiterate and incompetent fool resides

3 Likes

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Omeny:

I think u are the one that need a mental re-examination because, u compare Nigerian Aso Rock to American White House which has no bases for comparison, Also, U quickly remember how much GEJ spent on an election he lost, thank God u knew the amount he spent (Transparency) Yet you failed or don't know how ur PMB sourced,funded and utilised his campaign funds!
No, it wasn't "Transparency" you idi*iot bigoted liar, it was because this Government exposed him. I don't know how hate has driven you guys crazy. You are all one special breed of evil.

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by adconline(m): 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2016
989900B:

By the creator, you are no less human than those men out there on the streets, and by all means if you lead a protest for the above ills, history will remember you for it. That said, you can't have done nothing towards protesting power outage, fuel scarcity, and insecurity, but criticize those people out there protesting the very 'genesis'/source of all the ills you stated.

There wouldn't be all those wrongs if the senate is an hallowed chamber like it was created to be -- all the monies meant for power, refineries and security but embezzled, passed through the palms of all those men and women sitting right there in the senate.

Maybe you should join in in the protest (if you are in the country), maybe we all should.

P.S. About the budget for the presidency, wait till we see what's inside, or you have a copy?
The fact that you are uninformed on what's contained in the budget doesn't mean that everyone is like u.
You keep wallowing in delusion and self deception when you are intellectually lazy not to read and ask questions.
For lazy folks like you, budget is online for you to read
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by 989900B: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:

[s]The fact that you are uninformed on what's contained in the budget doesn't mean that everyone is like u.
You keep wallowing in delusion and self deception when you are intellectually lazy not to read and ask questions.
For lazy folks like you, budget is online for you to read[/s]

Simple request: share a copy of the 'approved' budget . . . you go on ranting and cursing like an 8 year old, but no, you are 'intellectually' hardworking. undecided
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:

What a display of congenital idiocy and wilful ignorance! Comparing Aso Rock with the White House is like comparing Satan and Jesus.
So you think it's OK for GMB increase the presidency budget by 40% when Naija is borrowing to fund the budget? Since he padded his own by N15bn, NASS members can play along by padding their own budget to buy SUVs..
GMB inability to show leadership in running a frugal govt has fuelled an inordinate greed amongst NASS to get their fair share from the national cake. He's asked Nigerians to make sacrifices but he's not willing to cut his bloated budget.
There is no need to school you on this cos it's a pure waste of intellectual energy.
And how does all the padding benefit your life? How many Billions are you going to get? I swear most of you are sick. You are not normal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Trendishine: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
ride on guys, i am on my way with my own squad, nigeri.a is owned by nigerians n nigerian youths, so nigerian youths must drive it. #sarakimustgo. #fumigatethesenateandovahualtheassembly. nigeria cannot continue wit this hooligans. nigeria cannot continue wit a thief as number 3 in the country dat cannot face his trail and proof himself innocent. nigerians cannot continue to pay dearly 4 dis hooliganism in d name of senate. shut d senate down. whr is d budget.?. fvck any bastard on nl here distracting ppl and supporting this callous n brigandage profane practice in d name of senate n senators in nigeria. 120 billion annually doin nothing tangeble or someting useful for years 2 point finger on. rather stupendious spending on jeeps twice d price n oloshos. stupiid idiots wit stupid but very minute supporters on nl. #occupynassnow
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by SAEJO: 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2016
helpee:
ok but if they have any sense, they will rather lock down the ASO ROCK demanding for buhari's resignation for culpability in the wanton destruction of lives and properties by fulani herdsmen. this is more paramount now and especially since buhari himself rear cows so some of those murderers if properly investigated may be rearing his cows
Bros you get sense small

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by adconline(m): 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2016
989900B:

Simple request: share a copy of the 'approved' budget . . . you go on ranting and cursing like an 8 year old, but no, you are 'intellectually' hardworking. undecided
Please it's not my job to educate you. Go and read up. I'm not surprised cos GMD admitted that he didn't know much about the budget he had presented to the NASS, so like GMB like his followers
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by adconline(m): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
And how does all the padding benefit your life? How many Billions are you going to get? I swear most of you are sick. You are not normal.
The point is that the president is as profligate as hell. He lost moral authority and political capital to stop NASS when he inflated his own budget..The source of this profligacy is the presidency-he has refused to show leadership.. I'm not holding brief for NASS but the executive controls over 85% of the budget and they haven't shown any frugality.. The most depressing part of it, is that they are borrowing to support their profligate lifestyle.. You can protest against but you can't absolve the executive which controls over 85% of the budget.
Do we know much ministers, PA, SA, Pa to SA, and SA to PA make? How much is their estacode?

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by pleasuremaster: 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
cktheluckyman:
grin Chai!! That babe ass in that last pic
. bad guy.
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by richeso: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
[size=40pt]abeg no vex, the court don declare saraki guilty of the claimed offence ?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by 989900B: 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:

[s]Please it's not my job to educate you. Go and read up. I'm not surprised cos GMD admitted that he didn't know much about the budget he had presented to the NASS, so like GMB like his followers[/s]

I guessed as much: empty!

So you have a copy of a yet-to-be 'approved' budget?

You must be some special kind of dimwit; your sponsors should get a refund on your miseducation -- that was a waste!

From whence do these kids crawl from? sad undecided

2 Likes

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by adconline(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
989900B:

I guessed as much: empty!

So you have a copy of a yet-to-be 'approved' budget?

You must be some special kind of dimwit; your sponsors should get a refund on your miseducation -- that was a waste!

From whence do these kids crawl from? sad undecided

You're trying to sound smart, but you're being obtuse.
Why are u talking about an approved budget when the president hasnt assented to it? Seems you need some education on civic education? GMB proposed N15bn more for the presidency in 2016 budget, which about 40% higher than what was budgeted for presidency in 2015.
You are being willfully ignorant to suggest that we shouldnt be talking about the "budget" as submitted by the president while at the same time accusing NASS of not passing the same budget as submitted by GMB.
Your logical reasoning is subpar. Time to read up!!
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by 989900B: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:

[s]You're trying to sound smart, but you're being obtuse.
Why are u talking about an approved budget when the president hasnt assented to it? Seems you need some education on civic education? GMB proposed N15bn more for the presidency in 2016 budget, which about 40% higher than what was budgeted for presidency in 2015.
You are being willfully ignorant to suggest that we shouldnt be talking about the "budget" as submitted by the president while at the same time accusing NASS of not passing the budget as submitted by GMB.
Your logical reasoning is subpar. Time to read up![/s]!
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by basadenet: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
this people are nothing but paid professional protesters. the law has spelt out, that you can recall your senator by collecting certain number of signatures from his constituency but not disturbing the peace of other citizens.
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by saintmark88(m): 7:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:

I'm not your match.. Go play somewhere. You can't engage in any intellectually stimulating conversion about this govt cos you are an uniformed partisan brigand.

Ur not worth it, ur just a Pained IPOB rascal

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by adconline(m): 7:29pm On Apr 26, 2016
saintmark88:

Ur not worth it, ur just a Pained IPOB rascal
My life is ur fantasy bro. What a product of Naija jaundiced and traumatized education! What a functional illiterate who doesn't know the difference between " you are and your".. You are just a paid partisan brigand. You have no encephalon to know that your masters don't give a f_uck about u. They will always help and select their own over you, just they like selected their kids for CBN jobs.
Unlike me, you lack critical thinking, analytic and problem solving skills to survive without them. Nigeria is peopled by dimwitted folks like u.
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by infogenius(m): 7:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
I think Buhari should have been the one to resign
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by saintmark88(m): 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
adconline:

My life is ur fantasy bro. What a product of Naija jaundiced and traumatized education! What a functional illiterate who doesn't know the difference between " you are and your".. You are just a paid partisan brigand. You have no encephalon to know that your masters don't give a f_uck about u. They will always help and select their own over you, just they like selected their kids for CBN jobs.
Unlike me, you lack critical thinking, analytic and problem solving skills to survive without them. Nigeria is peopled by dimwitted folks like u.

With all the skills u claim to have, u couldn't help ur
brother who claims to be a PhD holder retain power, I c y u r pained...its not your fault, it's his because he failed woefully, anyone here can claim to live a fantasy
life, buh trust me.... I bet ur life is a living hell...cos if u live a fantasy life like u claim, u won't give a phuck wht the govt does, u wouldn't even b aware.. So quit lying.. Like I said if u r so pained go n impeach him, if u can't then just live with it, nd it's gonna b for a very long time.. .

1 Like

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by 3kay945(m): 7:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
seguno2:

in support of ALL the legisLOOTERS to resign for collecting too much salary or what?

Not necessary they all resign , but also to send a signal that we are no more a dumbass cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by Omeny: 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
No, it wasn't "Transparency" you idi*iot bigoted liar, it was because this Government exposed him. I don't know how hate has driven you guys crazy. You are all one special breed of evil.

Lolz!

See where lie,hate and propaganda has landed u!
Party is still in disarray after almost 1yr in govt that's what u get when strange bird fellows flies together!

Ur anus is already in public glare!

Lolz!
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by judondasylva(m): 10:01pm On Apr 26, 2016
Buhari should also resign
Re: Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly by SammyJay2: 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
Jagaban sweet politics... love them both Jagaban and Saraki. I hope all these don't end in a Mess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Closed Our Borders - President Buhari / Court Adjourns Igboho Hearing Till Monday. 'Why He Can't Be Extradited Nigeria' / 'Boycott The Platform' Trends To Protest El-Rufai's Inclusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.