Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term (934 Views)

Vladimir Putin Sworn In For 4th Term, Rides In New Russian-Made Limo / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures / Lady Raped And Beheaded In Congo For Serving Forbidden Fish To Rebels (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term by Packboizzy(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2016
(kaimasgist..com)
Equatorial Guinea's leader “Teodoro Obiang Nguema” now the World’s longest-serving President is all set for another seven years in a seat.
Teodoro Obiang Nguema received about 99% of the vote which is similar to previous elections where he has never received less than 97 percent of the vote. On Monday, with partial results indicating that 99.2 percent of the vote has gone in his favor, Obiang triumphed over six other candidates,

winning all but 326 of the 40,926 votes counted, according to a government-run website.

Obiang took power nearly 37 years ago in a bloody coup, Obiang have been accused of embezzling much of the resulting wealth from crude - oil, while not distributing it fairly to their citizens

According to Bloomberg he was quoted by saying “I am the candidate of the people. Whoever does not vote for me is rejecting peace and opting for disorder,” Obiang said at a rally in the capital, Malabo, “Many say that they are tired of seeing me, it’s been 36 years already. True, but I’ve dedicated my life to this country,” he said.
continue- http://kaimasgist..com.ng/2016/04/the-longest-serving-president-in-world.html
Re: The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term by ramdris(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
Africa is seriously under a very potent spell...
Re: The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term by SimpleSmile: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
Africa we hail thee...only in Africa things like this happen.
Re: The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
Like seriouslyshocked

You inherited the country from your accestors. Thank goodness buhari is too old for this grin
Re: The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term by JustOzito(f): 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2016
can't he serve the country in another capacity? I don't understand this old men.
Re: The Longest-serving President In The World Just Won A Sixth Term by Packboizzy(m): 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
seriously I keep wondering wat the citizens are doing

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Cameroonian's President's Daughter Smoking Heavily Goes Viral / Obama Comes Out With New World Order / Breaking - US Election, Resident Electoral Commissioner For Ohio Kidnapped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.