Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,198 members, 7,853,075 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:52 AM

It's Time To Restructure Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Time To Restructure Nigeria (257 Views)

"Restructure Nigeria or We Leave" Punch Advert by Yoruba Elders / I Am Ready To Restructure EFCC When I Become Nigerian President – Fayose Says / Independence: How To Restructure Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Time To Restructure Nigeria by mesoprogress(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria is in deep problem, no tribe trusts the next, even their neighbors! In the meantime, let's all support regionalism and end this m3ss. If SS, SW, SE could come and work together as one, we will achieve great success. I'm greatly saddened by the Enugu events. Let's end this divide and rule tactics. Ekweremadu is in the game. If we all persuade our senators to key into this, we will achieve success.

Northern region has all it needs to survive, vast agricultural land, rare minerals (including uranium in sokoto). They are just afraid of the unknown.

Though Senators will be afraid of losing their lucrative jobs at the federal level, they would be absorbed into regional parliaments until next election. Aside from that, they would write their name in gold for doing the right thing for generations to come.

Regions would be more responsible. We would see manufacturing boost both in SW and SE. Agriculture will thrive in all the regions. Coal use would be revived if need be. Coal is Australia's main source of power! There's also a huge gas reserve within south east if we so much love Petroleum. Also, much of SE have not even been explored for oil. I'm not an oil revenue fan. SW sits on huge amount of crude as well, from Ondo to Ogun bitumen deposit to offshore Lagos and Ogun states. Look well, oil is littered along our coastal regions.

We have nothing to lose in a regional arrangement. Please let work together and stop bashing one another. This is long overdue.

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Seeing The Darkest Day Before Dawn? / 26 Days To Go Before.....may 29 / A Global Village For A Crime Free Global Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.