Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions (25924 Views)

Ghana’s Chalkboard Computer Teacher Arrives Singapore To Attend Microsoft Summit / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by B2mario(m): 7:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin

Good, I love this. You are right
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by chaarly(m): 7:18am On Apr 27, 2016
yewii2cute:
U realy need to stop say what u no nothing about. Ur so called students of d public school will b d ones to speak english like Falz. U jt hating. Its nobody's biz dat u never attend one.

wait.. wait.. wait.. kindly sharrap there!
falz is jst being funny with his english.. dt is not his real english
#his "real-English" toosh pass ur picture
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 27, 2016
amtaken:
I proudly represent the prestigious UNILAG.

I have a colleague who attended the very expensive Igbinedium University. She has nothing to offer brain-wise apart from speaking Queens English which sometimes sounds fake.

I don't know if the fault is from her or from the school.

Eyaa but she is working in same place with you. Anyways never generalize .

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by daftpikin: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin

OP your view is laughable.

1. it's nobody's fault if you cannot afford it, do not discourage those who can.

2. that's a very big lie, even though this might be true in some private institutions, it's not the same everywhere.

3. another big lie, first of all the teaching system in your government schools is very bad most of you only cram to do your exams so you're also guilty of being wack graduates

4. I would not say anything as your can easily infer my reply from the first 3 above.

5. who UTmE don EPP, JAMB is a failed system as we all know that it's not all about who is smarter.

Although, I am in a government uni, my siblings are in private schools and one of them started here but because of their bad system he had to leave.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2016
chaarly:

wait.. wait.. wait.. kindly sharrap there!
falz is jst being funny with his english.. dt is not his real english
#his "real-English" toosh pass ur picture
I think the Person was just giving example. We all know Falz is ajebuter. He went to Olashore n did his uni in England. We all know.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Temysteve(m): 7:21am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
my dad is not a millionaire but I believe with my hardwork and prayers I will take my dad to the top.....he count his own money in tense of Thousand
so because say u write utme 5 times consecutively means u shld dis-credit the private institution, well it may be the content of ur upbringing dat makes u think like a low self esteem fellow..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:21am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007,your post reeks of ignorance.You can't even construct error-free sentences...smh.

However,the only issue I will address is that of jamb.You think it's pple who couldn't score decently who attend private unis?...#Ignorance.
Yours sincerely scored 261 and went into a private uni.The best graduating student after my set attended Loyola Jesuit and finished best there.Would he have scored low in his jamb? undecided
Summary....your Jamb argument isn't valid.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by fejicruz(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2016
I don't know why you people should be wasting your time arguing Public & Private University matters every day.
Just one question, how many people public University certificate don epp? The certificate is still chilling in bedroom.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by chaarly(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2016
losky4real:
I think the Person was just giving example. We all know Falz is ajebuter. He went to Olashore n did his uni in England. We all know.

okk.. noted
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 27, 2016
rheether:
OP, how rich is your dad?
how does he father's wealth partake In what he stated up there

that's how you retards bring unnecessary sentences

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by diportivo: 7:24am On Apr 27, 2016
By virtue of how u even constructed ur arguments,i propose that u go to a private uni and start all over again

U need to change ur circle of friends angry

Away from that,u dont even av valid points

Until nigerians like u come to the realisation that proper and quality education isn't cheap,we wont move forward as a nation

Some group of students even started rioting because they were asked to pay 45k for university education....45k

What knowledge can one actually get with that miserly amount? Apart from receiving lectures in an overcrowded LT?

I attended a state school o,so misunderstand me at ur own peril

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by rheether(f): 7:24am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
pls stop the itch I have rich relatives I just don't have time for any person pls stop it the former minister of health in Nigeria is my uncle Mr onyebuchi chukwuma ...we don't beg to eat pls stop it you guys started it yesterday

Lol! Rich relatives indeed.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by taurusmena1(m): 7:25am On Apr 27, 2016
With all due respect to the OP,I see no difference between him an the set of people he wrote about because his write up is full of grammatical blunders. Please work on yourself before rushing to castigate others...."my one pence"
Topmaike007:
my dad is not a millionaire but I believe with my hardwork and prayers I will take my dad to the top.....he count his own money in tense of Thousand

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Hermanie(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2016
sheedy407:
OP,
You cant even construct or outline your points in a comprehensive approach to discredit private universities to your public universities.
I believe you still need to bend your trunk,make your proper research and head back to Nairaland to back up your fallacious claims because this is a very poor write up

In all,I still represent MADONNA UNIVERSITY 2010/2011 set.
@sheedy407
Thank you

Guy I no dey private school, but I support this your comment one thousand times

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by kzenterprise(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

Don't say what you not sure of most of the lecturers in private university are from the state and federal university and if you fail any course you must carry over and private university conduct their post utme exams so be sure if your facts before writing out

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by shoms231(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2016
Don't condemn private uni because u can't afford their fees, there are a lot of private uni graduates that are performing more than better in the labour market. It depends on individual skill. You can graduate from a fed. Or state uni with first class, if u are not skillful, bro u can't go far in labour market. iRep my sch , CRESCENT UNIVERSITY all d way!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by kan12(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2016
I warned Op,but he didn't listen to me.Op okwa ihula ihe a mkpwuru.Their lecturers tell dem dis in school so dey know.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by dazzlingd(m): 7:28am On Apr 27, 2016
This requires no debate...All private schools in nigeria combined is not up to half of that of unilag or UI or OAU....it's no arrogance but a pure fact,
it's not about money. my parents could afford the most expensive private school, many unilag students can afford any private university in nigeria but studying in a federal university is a privilege that money cannot buy.. And we flaunt our arrogance anywhere we are even 100 years after school. It's a religion...Greatest Akokites!!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by wolexieus: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2016
Your vocabulary is very poor yet you condemn some schools. Am sure OAU won't be so proud of you. Private or public, there are good and bad school on either side.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 27, 2016
One thing I've learned is public university graduates have a serious case of inferiority complex. They also outnumber private university graduates 5 to 1 on this forum hence the ubiquity of their comparison threads. They're trying to justify a fallacy they know deep down isn't true.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Adiwana: 7:31am On Apr 27, 2016
Talk abt hating on wat u cant afford.Only a poor man who cant afford bicycle complains of a rich man owning on a car.wats with recent attacks on priv. Schools?na their fault your parents cant afford the Such fees? Many wrote jamb up to 5 times and you think if their parents had the money for them to go to priv,they would waste 5yrs of their life writing jamb? Many come up with laughable comments like "he couldnt compete with those in public schools thats why he joined private" how much can the hate get?.Compare him with the so called competitors in 5yrs time and see the difference.Nobodys talking abt facilities,no existence of cultism,Abstence of strike and most importantly Connection.You get to meet people who connect you in life.Stop hating on other peoples blessing and opportunities.If you got the money to give your child the best og Educations,give it to him,Period!
Btw,am a public product

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by alves4(m): 7:34am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
pls stop the itch I have rich relatives I just don't have time for any person pls stop it the former minister of health in Nigeria is my uncle Mr onyebuchi chukwuma ...we don't beg to eat pls stop it you guys started it yesterday

Op, where are you from?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Topmaike007(m): 7:34am On Apr 27, 2016
I give glory to God that my post finally made it to the front page. ......you can say that my English is poor you can say that I speak blunder all what I know is that if you are in my shoe right now you will get to know the level of pains I am passing through right now in the clinic just can't sleep that made me pick up my phone and write up the thread.when I saw a thread that oppose public institutions. ..thanks still remains topmaike007
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by akintho(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=Topmaike007 post=45077288]Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

who is this?...You sha won create thread.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Topmaike007(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2016
alves4:

Op, where are you from?
from Ebonyi state
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
I give glory to God that my post finally made it to the front page. ......you can say that my English is poor you can say that I speak blunder all what I know is that if you are in my shoe right now you will get to know the level of pains I am passing through right now in the clinic just can't sleep that made me pick up my phone and write up the thread.when I saw a thread that oppose public institutions. ..thanks still remains topmaike007
Didn't they teach you how to use punctuation marks in your public school ? Was your pain caused by the private uni?
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by alves4(m): 7:39am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
from Ebonyi state

I deciphered that part, I meant your village. Not local government, I know it's Afikpo North
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Topmaike007(m): 7:40am On Apr 27, 2016
losky4real:
Didn't they teach you how to use punctiation marks in you public school ? Was your pain caused by the private uni?
why opposing me lady Biko why I have a relative in crown poly and snith in ifewara so be mindful
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Ramanto(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2016
The Op is not really that bad grammatically, he just needs a few brush up and lessons in grammar. I'm positive he will be on track
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Topmaike007(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2016
alves4:

I deciphered that part, I meant your village. Not local government, I know it's Afikpo North
Amizu community

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

should i study agric? / JAMB Official Makes U-turn, Says N36m ‘collected By Superior’ — NOT Snake / UNIZIK Reacts After Facebook User Advertised Its Admission Slots For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.