Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions (25913 Views)

Ghana’s Chalkboard Computer Teacher Arrives Singapore To Attend Microsoft Summit / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by bong4(m): 9:31am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write [/b]a good application letter,i [b]was dissapointed in me [/b]because if people are talking about school she will also be talking[b]..[/b]and also public [b]certificate are [/b]well recognized than private[b]. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin

OP, those who live in glass houses don't throw stones. You just embarrassed yourself with the highlighted phrases above and pitifully dragged OAU into your mud. This your write up should be titled, "Bad english from a Public University Student". The way you are even repeating, "private, private", one will think you are referring to something else. I finished from UNN, did my Masters in FUTA and now work in OAU but i will also commend the efforts of some private universities.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Gaxx01(m): 9:35am On Apr 27, 2016
rheether:

Which product? You don't a good product with a low budget.

Speak English please.. What are you saying??
Lol
Private University English Aunty heheh
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by ehiage27(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
This is one of the most rubbish and stupid topic topic ever on NL... I need u know I went to ife but finished from a private university due to the saburi strike tiny.. lemme give more light to dos who think private school comes easy. U av to read ur head out or they will keep on collecting ur Fathers hard earned cash.
So my friend na ur poverty mind set mk u talk dat thrash.. no b beef nasty. Abi dem dey pound oshogbo yam for ur head ni...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by donasere(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
Going to school nowadays are not to get certificate but to defend what you carry. ..in this thread I shall be disscusing some major point not to go to private institutions such as poly or uni.

1) there fee are high that it takes the rich alone to be there or maybe your parents are also having some helpers such younger brothers,sisters,uncle,or any relatives..Compared to federal or state institutions some federal institutions are paying #20,000 as school fee and I trust my self if I keep up with my importation biz I can pay my school fee even without letting my Parent to know.

2)promoting them whether do test or fail a single paper no carry over nothing because they can't pay a very huge amount of money and still fail them is rubbish come and do such in OAU if you're not serious you will go back home

3)not able to defend their result, you cannot expect school that has no competition to know book because when you are busy reading hard in public institutions to maintain your slut in the department you vouch For chai if they bring their overall best from private Institution them no fit defeat you because you spending most of your time reading all ways and not to be rusticated from school private cannot match US... My guys in Angola and awo hostel can testify to it..

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

5)they don't do post utme they buy space in the school admission and become there student, by so doing I believe they are dull if you are not dull why not go and compete with your mate In federal poly or uni because the idea of people saying that they was denied admission that was the main reason they went to private but if you know the formula you will not be denied admission and the formula is this you scored 185 in utme and you chose unn or some other mighty schools in Nigeria and still put medicine and surgery as course oga no waste your time and money na come back next year be that but if you change your institution and course plus hardwork in reading it will Surely

Add yours if you agree and quote me wrong if you are a victim of private institution grin
Ur english is the only reason I won't send my ward to a federal school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by donasere(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

4)if you are going to private just know in your heart that your issue of getting employed is base on I sabi person or I go work for papa company because I have seen a situation that a girl has a certificate from one private poly in southwest I will not mention name of the school this girl was dismiss when she can't write a good application letter,i was dissapointed in me because if people are talking about school she will also be talking..and also public certificate are well recognized than private. .it is very hard for private ond student to do direct entry to public institutions even hnd in public institutions is very hard for private to be admitted.

Ur english is the only reason I won't send my ward to a federal school.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Alani86: 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
mineANDurs:

Ode!
Y are u pained?
Is there any thing in my post dat says I am Ungodly for u to start preaching me?
Yes I am training my children in Gods way and I also want them to have d best things life can bring.
I mean THE BEST THINGS!!! Dats wat I want for them and u can see clearly that I was asking d money from God and not from any ritualist or herbalist.
I seriously dont know wat is paining u so let me allow u to handle ur pain. Ciao!

I was about saying another thing to you, but when I read your response to another person's comment below, then I knew you have a big problem. Thank you very much for all the names. I'm so sorry for poking my nose. God bless you!
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by DrTims(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2016
Babe, u harsh oooo. Damn [color=#006600][/color]
rheether:

Then shut up, keep working hard, keep praying so that you will take your dad to the top. It's not your fault that you can't afford to attend a private university so please, stop the hate.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Gaxx01(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2016
rheether:

Enough to have your b!tching mum run after him.

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by chinuz(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2016
U cant say just by people you know if someone decides to be serious its by choice whether the space is bought or not.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by skyflydocy: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by skyflydocy: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

my brother leave matter for mathias...if you have money you would eventually love to send your children to private institution....These are excuses we make when we cant afford somethings...bros this is a bitter truth grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Draxler: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2016
banjo022:
Okay to study chemistry in covenant university its about 800k per annum and they have never invented anything not even anointing oil... I rather send my kids to study in south Africa than all these glorified secondary schools producing half baked graduates.
What did your chemistry graduates invent in your public university?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by dotun365: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
my dad is not a millionaire but I believe with my hardwork and prayers I will take my dad to the top.....he count his own money in tense of Thousand
]a private school graduate won't say 'tense' of thousand '. If you read the way you claim you do in your federal school, you would know that it's 'tens of thousands'.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Draxler: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2016
Its unbelievable how public university graduates keep bashing us. I don't understand where the hate is coming from.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by ladyF(f): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2016
There is nothing more annoying than reading a lengthy post with crap punctuation. No comma, even full stop sef na wahala. Shey you for kuku speak pidgin. If we ask you the name of the school you went and your English teacher so that we can maim him, you no go talk. angry

Forgive me... but your write-up reeks of jealousy. Your arguments are not even valid. The only thing you got right is the fees, every other thing is based on very shallow reasoning. Don't go and raise these kind of arguments in public please, let it end on Nairaland biko. grin

The name of the school you went to is not going to land you a job, you guys had better move past this argument and focus on other issues...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by phaitmoe(f): 10:02am On Apr 27, 2016
It is hereby evident that the op knows nothing about what he's saying, absolutely nothing. Let me clear some misconceptions
1. Fees: Its a given that in private universities, parents have to pay more, if you want quality you pay for it, if every parent had the financial capacity to afford private universities you think they wouldn't do it, private universities offer education with a predefined timeline.
NB: On my matriculation day in 2012 I was told the exact day I would graduate if and only if I did my part by studying and by God's grace I'm graduating on that day, no offense but my counterparts in public universities studying the same course are just starting 400 level. We pay for smooth unhindered education in private universities not necessarily because one university is better than the other.
2. Promotion: If you don't know the system don't come out to say anything, always back up your statements with facts, what do you mean by people get promoted without writing tests? I welcome you to Babcock university where students can spend up to 8 years pursuing a degree. if you aren't good enough you are going nowhere. For the record yes we have carry overs nobody cares about how much money you pay, when its not like you are buying the certificate You work for it
3. Result defense: this is a personal issue that cannot be generalized NO NO. I'm not of the impression that all private university students can amply defend their result, but my question is are you trying to insinuate that all public university students can defend theirs, you must be kidding me
NB: From the use of grammar in your post above if you have a degree I honestly don't think you can defend it, if you don't have a degree yet its not too late to work on yourself, there is hope (we wouldn't want you to disappoint your all mighty public university now would we?)
4. Employment: Generalising this is wrong, do you know how many Nigerian youths are unemployed as of today, do not make this an issue between universities its wrong, we all know that Nigeria is battling with serious unemployment issues of which I'm 100% sure that both private and public university graduates are affected. On the issue of application letters I don't think you are in the right position to point the accusing finger here ( I can't imagine reading an application letter written by you if your post above is any indication of your grammatical standard)
5. Post-Utme: This is a test carried out to determine if a student can be admitted in a higher institution, so I Dont get your issue with this, if you pass you get in if you Dont try again next year, simple!!!. I know there are cases where private universities consider the money first (I admit, this is their flaw) but it doesn't give you the right to outrightly discriminate all private schools, do you know what we hear about public universities? but you sure don't see us criticizing public universities NO, in the end we are all students in Nigeria, when we leave the shores of this country we go to represent Nigeria as a whole so stop all this discrimination, its not needed.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by perforetti(m): 10:03am On Apr 27, 2016
Op which school did u attend?i can't even understand some of the gibberish you typed here cos it's obvious your grammar belongs to someone who's public school has been on strike since u gained admission. I'm struggling to understand the purpose of this write-up.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by kollynsb(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

You are so dumb. So passing jamb is an indicator of how well a school is. When jamb is an exam that you can easily buy answers. The level of education in Nigeria is poor. How do you expect someone that crammed advantages and disadvantages for 4years to pass exam in uni to have a tangible skill. Edakun, which company will ask you about the advantages of anything. Until we start teaching skills and not just definitions, we are going nowhere.

I would have attacked you on your english; typos, wrong use of words, punctations, and poor construction of words, but i have met indians, japanese, chinese, Tibetans, etc that have proved that english is not a measure of ones intelligence.

So lets leave the issue of private and public unis and focus on d real issue that we are learning definitions while the rest of the world is learning skills and how to solve problems.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by CookieBrown: 10:07am On Apr 27, 2016
holicalpha:
Morning B!tch...He spoke the truth... Hate Him or Love him....Public Institutions are better than Private...mostly in terms of Products.

How much does your r3tarded Father make.?

This is a parfect example of a Nigerian public university, oh wait, i meant polytechnic graduate. Lacks self awareness and behaves like a Monkey. Nigeria is a shit hole because it's run by idiots who are products of the public education system.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by kollynsb(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2016
phaitmoe:
It is hereby evident that the op knows nothing about what he's saying, absolutely nothing. Let me clear some misconceptions
1. Fees: Its a given that in private universities, parents have to pay more, if you want quality you pay for it, if every parent had the financial capacity to afford private universities you think they wouldn't do it, private universities offer education with a predefined timeline.
NB: On my matriculation day in 2012 I was told the exact day I would graduate if and only of I did my part by studying and by God's grace I'm graduating on that day, no offense but my counterparts in public universities studying the same course are just starting 400 level. We pay for smooth unhindered education in private universities not necessarily because one university is better than the other.
2. Promotion: If you don't know the system don't come out to say anything, always back up your statements with facts, what do you mean by people get promoted without writing tests? I welcome you to Babcock university where students can spend up to 8 years pursuing a degree. if you aren't good enough you are going nowhere. For the record yes we have carry overs nobody cares about how much money you pay, when its not like you are buying the certificate You work for it
3. Result defense: this is a personal issue that cannot be generalized NO NO. I'm not of the impression that all private university students can amply defend their result, but my question is are you trying to insinuate that all public university students can defend theirs, you must be kidding me
NB: From the use of grammar in your post above if you have a degree I honestly don't think you can defend it, if you don't have a degree yet its not too late to work on yourself, there is hope (we wouldn't want you to disappoint your all mighty public university now would we?)
4. Employment: Generalising this is wrong, do you know how many Nigerian youths are unemployed as of today, do not make this an issue between universities its wrong, we all know that Nigeria is battling with serious unemployment issues of which I'm 100% sure that both private and public university graduates are affected. On the issue of application letters I don't think you are in the right position to point the accusing finger here ( I can't imagine reading an application letter written by you if your post above is any indication of your grammatical standard)
5. Post-Utme: This is a test carried out to determine if a student can be admitted in a higher institution, so I Dont get your issue with this, if you pass you get in if you Dont try again next year, simple!!!. I know there are cases where private universities consider the money first (I admit, this is their flaw) but it doesn't give you the right to outrightly discriminate all private schools, do you know what we hear about public universities? but you sure don't see us criticizing public universities NO, in the end we are all students in Nigeria, when we leave the shores of this country we go to represent Nigeria as a whole so stop all this discrimination, its not needed.
Good defense attorney. This guy is a catfish walahi
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Opistorincos(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2016
@op come to bowen university and attend lectures for just a week, your mentality will change for the better... either you go to a pub or priv uni the main thing is for all of us to be successful after graduation

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by manup: 10:13am On Apr 27, 2016
losky4real:
Lol biased individual. That's what you think, but thank God there is no such discrimination when looking for jobs today. Nowadays job is either about connection, God's grace, and what you know. You forgot that most of the private school students, always go abroad to do their masters , after their BSC , so when they come back to look for job is always a walk over for them .
We'll in as much luck differs, don't condem the OP entirely.
Let us face it most of the people in private unis are there b/c they can't get admission through JAMB n Apptitude test.
They might not be all empty headed but did not put on their best.
There is discrimination in terms of employment for those who study in some of these Priv Unis.
I have wanted to apply to Madonna because I did not make my UTME at FUTO 2013 but my Dad declined and instead asked my enquire about Igbinidion Uni although I did not apply for in the school but it shows that in the Labour market, mostly public unis are considered to pri in trms of emplmt.
In all it really depends on individual too.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Olabestonic001(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

Honestly, your write-up self smirks of ridiculous academic life.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Debrown91: 10:33am On Apr 27, 2016
Most public university students can't even speak good English, my friend that graduated from OAU disgraced me at my girlfriend's house...a 4 pointer for that matter...it is not about school, it is about you !
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by purpledferanmi1: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2016
i attended a private uni and pursuing my masters in ui till date im yet to get my results nor cert from their almighty federal uni. but if it wsre to b dis private uni dey hate, i would have gotten everytin.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by DrayZee: 10:45am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:
I give glory to God that my post finally made it to the front page. ......you can say that my English is poor you can say that I speak blunder all what I know is that if you are in my shoe right now you will get to know the level of pains I am passing through right now in the clinic just can't sleep that made me pick up my phone and write up the thread.when I saw a thread that oppose public institutions. ..thanks still remains topmaike007
Not trying to come across harsh, but

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2016
Alani86:

I was about saying another thing to you, but when I read your response to another person's comment below, then I knew you have a big problem. Thank you very much for all the names. I'm so sorry for poking my nose. God bless you!

And bless u too my brethren cool
I can see u r a peaceful person.
Pls d poster I quoted earlier is d OP, did u see d way he slaughtered english language like a chicken, in his quest to rubbish private universities?

I dont hv a problem, I only reply people accordingly.
As for this OP, I simply applied the theory of "garbage in, garbage out" for him. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by tchijay: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2016
mehn proudly OAU... but dis write up sef na die. pls nairalanders op is prolly an awoite . wen u spend all day speaking Yoruba and cooking beans... sha we r on break so I pardon uuuu......
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by donasere(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2016
Draxler:
Its unbelievable how public university graduates keep bashing us. I don't understand where the hate is coming from.

Haha......
Bro it's nothing...

Atleast we can't come online and be so incomprehensible.
I thank God am a product of a Private University and would go to a private uni over and over again if I have to...why go to a federal uni when all most of them dwell on is past Glory? A school where its 200 students to an equipment during practicals..a school where victimization is the order of the day??...
A school where strikes occur at anytime and delay is part of the school calender...
The list is endless..

#irepAjayiCrowtherUni...
#irepGeology..
#thankGodforprivateUni...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by boma95(f): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2016
Topmaike007:

Too many grammatical errors... Ur public universities taught you all that Damn!!
I know you'll die to attend a private institution if you had the finance..
Quit the hate...
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by holicalpha(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2016
CookieBrown:

This is a parfect example of a Nigerian public university, oh wait, i meant polytechnic graduate. Lacks self awareness and behaves like a Monkey. Nigeria is a shit hole because it's run by idiots who are products of the public education system.
I'm guessing you're a brother to that B!arch.... Can't type Much, Nothing changes the fact that Public tertiary Institutions are better than Private.
Re: 5 Reasons Not To Attend Private Institutions by Analysiscorner: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2016
Lattop:
Public university is better dan Private university*

Like if u agree

Share if u disagree
Do you have any statistics?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Outcome Of 2024 Utme Results, Who Is To Be Blamed? Parents, Teacher Or Students? / Handsome Nigerian, Onuaha Bags A Gold Honor As An INTERN In L.W CHIROPRACTIC,USA / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.