Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

What Are Your Thoughts On This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your Thoughts On This? (1350 Views)

You Can't Beat This Wedding Picture- What Are Your Thoughts? Drop Them. / Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? / My Thoughts On The Free Evans Campaign. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On This? by mindboggler: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2016
A 65 year old man whose wife is a nurse started feeling unwell. His wife asked him to see the doctor but the man refused stating that he would rather take his herbal medicines which, he believed, have always worked well for him.
The wife being an experienced nurse, checked out the symptoms and decided that it would most probably be that he was coming down with the flu. All she needed to confirm her diagnosis was a test result which would be available if only her husband would quit being stubborn and visit the hospital.

"Ok, forget about going to the hospital, just take the drugs I bought."
"Bia nwanyi a, rapu m aka. Do you want to kill me before my time? Before these white people came with their medicines, were our ancestors not alive and well!? Kpachara anya gi."

Day in day out, she pleaded, threatened and eventually invited family members to talk to the man but still the man refused to budge. She watched as her husband's health deteriorated terribly and she was out of options on what to do. So.............. she decided to take the only route left. She asked God for forgiveness and started sneaking in the drugs into his food. At first, he complained that the food tasted funny, even the water tasted funny too but she just dismissed the topic and asked him to eat up and stop his whining. Surely, within a few days, his health improved and he gave the glory to his herbal concoctions. The wife just dey look am.

But she couldn't have peace of mind and opened up to him. All hell broke loose and he called her family and his and gave the wife's family a date on which they would expect her return with her belongings.
Now, I'd like to know your thoughts on this.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Apr 27, 2016
The problem began when they both got married. How can a Nurse get married to an 'Herbalist'?

Love first
Compatibility follows

That's the same reason we always say a devoted Christian & a Muslim cannot live peacefully under a roof. Let's stop deceiving one another.

There is nothing the woman can do, she should return to her family, and that should serve as lessons to the up and coming generation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Spicylate(f): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2016
Honestly, I would happily, proudly and graciously fold and pack my stuffs. One day, I'm sure he'd realise the love she had for him which led her to go against his will but then, it might be too late to bring her back.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Spicylate(f): 11:27am On Apr 27, 2016
And I also agree with Acidosis.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by JonTal: 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
Spicylate:
And I also agree with Acidosis.

I also agree with @Acidosis much of the time.

However, in this case, the reaction of the man is overboard. The wisdom and love of the woman did him no harm. A warning would suffice.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Sijo01(f): 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Spicylate:
Honestly, I would happily, proudly and graciously fold and pack my stuffs. One day, I'm sure he'd realise the love she had for him which led her to go against his will but then, it might be too late to bring her back.

Case closed!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
The husband is not very smart, to say the least.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
When you say he called her family do you mean their kids? I don't know which woman at a this age a husband calls her family to expect her back with her belongings except she is a much younger wife.

She saved the day no need to tell him anything well maybe on his deathbed if he can kick back to life lol to effect punishment or go angry to the other side I wonder what that will look like. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Biim: 5:29am On Apr 28, 2016
Acidosis:
The problem began when they both got married. How can a Nurse get married to an 'Herbalist'?

Love first
Compatibility follows

That's the same reason we always say a devoted Christian & a Muslim cannot live peacefully under a roof. Let's stop deceiving one another.

There is nothing the woman can do, she should return to her family, and that should serve as lessons to the up and coming generation.

Compatibility first
Love follows
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Acidosis(m): 7:59am On Apr 28, 2016
Biim:
Compatibility first Love follows
Can you be compatible with someone you don't love?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by mindboggler: 11:22am On Apr 28, 2016
HELLOOOO!!!!!!! I did not in any way say that the man is a herbalist. He is simply a man who prefers to take herbal concoctions. I've just been reading some of the above comments and all I can do is shake my head.
Reading comprehension 101
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by 5minsmadness: 11:49am On Apr 28, 2016
We don't have 'the flu' in Nigeria.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by 5minsmadness: 11:52am On Apr 28, 2016
A 65yr old man driving his wife away. Is that wise at his age?
If am the woman I will pack my things and go. Only him will come begging afterwards.

P. S this story sounds made-up or at the very least partially true.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by lilmax(m): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Smh
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Biim: 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Acidosis:

Can you be compatible with someone you don't love?
Very well.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by austine4real(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lie mohamed said this story is fake.

Is it true nigerians?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by EfemenaXY: 10:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Mindfulness:
The husband is not very smart, to say the least.

Actually, the wife is the not-so-smart one.

Knowing the kind of person her hubby is, she should have kept schtum and allowed him bask in his glory ignorance for the sake of peace.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to blind vanity. She hurt his "pride" by letting him know he was wrong and she, right.

Same old story with your below Joe average Naija man. Nothing new there.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Actually, the wife is the not-so-smart one.

Knowing the kind of person her hubby is, she should have kept schtum and allowed him bask in his glory ignorance for the sake of peace.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to blind vanity. She hurt his "pride" by letting him know he was wrong and she, right.

Well, what if it had gotten worse and she would have had the trouble of looking after a man who is seriously ill? What if the father of her kids had died?

Same old story with your below Joe average Naija man. Nothing new there.

grin grin grin

Are you looking for trouble?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by EfemenaXY: 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
Mindfulness:

Well, what if it had gotten worse and she would have had the trouble of looking after a man who is seriously ill? What if the father of her kids had died?

If he had gotten worse, then yes, owning up to her misdemeanors would have been the right thing to do.

If he had died, then she obviously wouldn't have been answerable to him anymore, but his family - and yes, she would have still had to own up to her part in his demise.

However, this man made a full recovery so there really wasn't any point letting him on, on her part as she'd done a good thing by saving his life.

Mindfulness:

grin grin grin

Are you looking for trouble?

Perhaps. Only those guilty of my claims would kick a fuss, but then again, a below-average-Joe would have issues deciphering the message / reading between the lines. tongue tongue
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by crackhaus: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
What a funny & poorly made up story...but funny regardless. gringrin
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
EfemenaXY:

If he had gotten worse, then yes, owning up to her misdemeanors would have been the right thing to do.

If he had died, then she obviously wouldn't have been answerable to him anymore, but his family - and yes, she would have still had to own up to her part in his demise.

However, this man made a full recovery so there really wasn't any point letting him on, on her part as she'd done a good thing by saving his life.

Perhaps. Only those guilty of my claims would kick a fuss, but then again, a below-average-Joe would have issues deciphering the message / reading between the lines. tongue tongue

True.

It is better to avoid such men in the first place. wink
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On This? by EfemenaXY: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
Mindfulness:

True.

It is better to avoid such men in the first place. wink

I agree. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Promo!!40% Slash Off our Odourless Fumigation,pest Control And Cleaning Services / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Sex With The Children In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.