Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! (2412 Views)

Soldier In Ngala, Borno Surrounded By Ladies For Selfie (Photos) / Photos Of Fayose Surrounded By Gun-Wielding Hunters / Herdsmen: We Are Being Suffocated In Benue, Gov Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by christopher123(m): 9:36am On Apr 27, 2016
Herdsmen: We are surrounded, we need guns!

You might not believe this but the truth is that we are surrounded and we are under siege! May Day May Day! We just need arms not for war but for protections, people have resolved to protect themselves than be sitting ducks for the gun trotting Fulani herdsmen. Theories claim that the herdsmen are the “seemingly and technically” defeated Boko Haram members masquerading as Fulani other theories opined that Fulani has always been warlike taking a cue from the Uthman Dan Fodio days to the fall of Ilorin to Kanem Bornu Empire. One major denominator is VIOLENCE and they come from NORTH of Nigeria. We have seen how Olu Fale has been kidnapped, we have seen the death of King in delta state, we have also seen the kidnap of a reverend catholic priest in enugu state. Agatu killings are still fresh in our memories though we might pretend to forget about Jos Plateau State (Such a lovely place) killings. Citizens have asked the President to declare Fulani Herdsmen a “Terrorist Group” but the Presidency is mute. Maybe because he is a Fulani, maybe because he has been globetrotting, maybe he hasn’t understand the gravity of the killings of the killings, maybe he hasn’t sent an official note to Olu Falae, maybe he hasn’t been around to understand that Fulani is becoming a thorn in the flesh. A lot of maybes if I may say... Insiders close to the decision makers in the Villa say that the presidency is “embarrassed” by his tribesmen. One thing of note is that presidency is quiet and as it looks, he is not in a hurry to make any statement as it regards to this incessant killings by Fulani. Buhari’s silence as it stands now is no more golden. Lai Muhammed was quoted to say that “we are silently resolving the Fulani herdsmen killing.” This lethargic approach to crisis might and will snowball to ethnic conflagration and fiasco. We understand that the federal government has a lot in their hands from Boko Haram in the North, South East secessions, Niger Delta agitation and now roaming Fulani herdsmen killing machine purportedly coming from Nassarawa State.

I had a terrible accident years ago, the reason was that some stray cows that was been herded by the same herders strayed along Lekki expressway corridor. The SUV was a write off, I survived but the herdsmen took off with their cattle. So many people have died and sustained serious injuries because of herdsmen not knowing the difference between a free way and a bush track. Political correctness is pointless here ...we just can't be political correct always. One thing that I have come to realise is that the first law of nature is SELF PRESERVATION. in a nutshell it means that you try as much as possible to survive. Get a gun for protection. How can you see a bunch of herdsmen causing rampage and wanton destruction and you still insist that you want to be a sitting duck? God forbid ...I think to deal with savages and barbarian you have no choice than to be and act like them. We said this last year the called us WAILERS. Today, the herdsmen killing are unprecedented and the government hasn't done anything about it yet the want to aggravate it by ENACTING GRAZING BILL. The good book tells us that the kingdom of God suffered violence and only violence taketh it by force. Do we sit and allow these people take the kingdom of God by violent? Be gentle as dove and wise as serpent that's what we have been told.

That Enugu governor said that we should pray and fast, I think that statement should have made him a candidate for impeachment. Africans and Nigerians have always thought of the miracle as a way to solve things instead o f the empirical. Praying is good but that is not needed at this particular point in time, there must be practical approach to this issue. We tend to forget that the same Bible said that faith without commensurate work is useless. The prayer and fasting here is pointless. The gods cannot do for a man what man can do for himself.

When you deal with set of people that have refused to evolved. I am saying that the herdsmen are stuck between Homo erectus and homo habililis. They have refused to evolve to higher human known as Homo sapiens and sapiens sapiens ...they are trying to grab the concepts of homo habililis. The homo habilis is that pre historic man that is trying to understand the concept of staying in a place thus he started dwelling in caves. The Fulani herdsman have not learnt the act of staying in a place they are still nomadic for heaven's sake and still at savages’ level in this information age. I can't understand the situation where people won't stay in a place to understand the concept of modern livestock rearing.

States government should ban any form of nomadic livestock rearing ...be it goat, cattle , dogs etc

Our representatives should enact gun laws where citizens can buy guns; this is done in developed countries. If you know that I have a well oiled berretta or awesome Israeli Uzi you will think twice before you invade my farm with obsolete Kalashnikov rifle. There must be gun laws. We can copy American or Aussies gun laws. Guns don’t kill people, but people do!

The grazing rights must be discarded; it will be a panacea to ethnic fiasco. From my interaction with the people of the Southern Nigeria, they will not allow their lands to be given out for grazing. They are of the opinion that if you want to do cattle business gets yourself a ranch. The Igbo are saying if grazing rights is given to herdsmen then business and stalls rights will be given to Igbo. After all what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. If you want to rear cattle or any livestock, build yourself a ranch.

Institute a state police, we have seen that federal police isn't well equipped to tackle the new crimes today. The era of baton policing has gone. We need state and county police that understand terrains and cultural nuances of where they are working. Why should state fund police where they can have theirs. We saw how AVS solved kidnapping cases during Peter obi era. We can replicate this across the states.

The northern elites have failed, they have failed to educate their people, they have failed to modernise their people and they have failed to re orient them. I will suggest that the Northern elders should be banned from federal politics until when they put their region in order. This ban would only be lifted when they meet a certain criteria. They are the ones that put us as a country in this mess.

The early we realise that we are under invasion the better for us. agha akpara akpa anaghi eri ngworo. As for Enugu governor he should tender apologies to his people for fasting and praying statement and tell people in a categorical manner what the state intends to do, how they will go about protecting lives and properties and what they have put in place that will avoid a repetition of this killings.

This is madness and it must stop, we have to ensure that this stop. We have to stand in unison against this killing. We must ask questions who are the Fulani Herdsmen? Are they Nigerians? Who and how did they get the sophisticated weapons? Have Boko Haram infiltrated into their ranks? What gives them impetus to kill everywhere? These are the few questions that demand answers. Whose cattle are they herding? I know saying the truth is bitter and also I know saying the truth is akin to treasonable felony in Nigeria but the truth must be said. Failure to heed to this, we will suffer the fate of Ilorin. A stitch in time saves nine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by Dayshow: 9:40am On Apr 27, 2016
I am in full support. because I no dey ready to b slaughtered like goat
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by bro4u: 9:43am On Apr 27, 2016
The above is the result of wen u smoke undiluted ogbomosho weed...
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by sdindan: 9:43am On Apr 27, 2016
Technically Defeated Bokoharam"

cheesy grin
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by NZECJOE(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2016
If u are in support say "Aye"
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by bro4u: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Bro the end parts of ur stament makes lot of sense but the begining doesn't. All our incompitent, unabled, unworthy, and handicapped Southern Governors especially SS N SE needs better slap from the masses that voted them in(talkin abt 100k slaps and above) jst to reconfigure their memory, imagine a governor declaring prayer and fasting...CHAI... WHAT A STUPID AND FOOLISH ACTION TO UNDERTAKE *boiling with anger*

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by bro4u: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2016
Bro the end parts of ur statement makes lot of sense but the begining doesn't. All our incompitent, unabled, unworthy, and handicapped Southern Governors especially SS N SE needs better slap from the masses that voted them in(talkin abt 100k slaps and above) jst to reconfigure their memory, imagine a governor declaring prayer and fasting...CHAI... WHAT A STUPID AND FOOLISH ACTION TO UNDERTAKE *boiling with anger*

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by Qelvin(m): 9:55am On Apr 27, 2016
I'm still really in shock that no retaliatory massacres have been carried out on this fulani subhumans.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by bro4u: 9:58am On Apr 27, 2016
Bro the end parts of ur statement makes lot of sense but the begining doesn't. All our incompitent, unabled, unworthy, and handicapped Southern Governors especially SS N SE needs correct slaps from the masses that voted them in(talkin abt 100k slaps and above) jst to reconfigure their memory, imagine a governor declaring prayer and fasting after the butchering of his pple...CHAI... WHAT A STUPID AND FOOLISH ACTION TO UNDERTAKE *boiling with anger*
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by KinkyAngela(f): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2016
Qelvin:
I'm still really in shock that no retaliatory massacres have been carried out on this fulani subhumans.
Retaliate against who? There is a high possibility that those Fulani invaders that attacked Enugu were from either Cameroon or Central Africa Republic. They might probably be on their way trekking back now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by christopher123(m): 10:13am On Apr 27, 2016
KinkyAngela:
Retaliate against who? There is a high possibility that those Fulani invaders that attacked Enugu were from either Cameroon or Central Africa Republic. They might probably be on their way trekking back now.

It's confusing
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by menstrualpad: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2016
ALL FULANI IN SIGHT.
KinkyAngela:

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by carinmom(f): 10:56am On Apr 27, 2016
menstrualpad:
ALL FULANI IN SIGHT.

Do you think that will solve the problem
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by highpriest4: 11:03am On Apr 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 27, 2016
carinmom:

It won't solve the problem but it will make the fulani to understand that nobody has a monopoly of violence, they will think twice before attacking a community. Their brothers will tell them

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by babyfaceafrica: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2016
I don't suport state police,the politicians will hijack that!!!!
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2016
bro4u:
grin
bro4u:

They are discusing national issue ur hear talking trash may be that is what u take before quoting him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by adonis89(m): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2016
I nid 60 men of goodwill and conscience from d ijaw and Igbo stock
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by christopher123(m): 11:43am On Apr 27, 2016
Pejah:
grin

They are discusing national issue ur hear talking trash may be that is what u take before quoting him

I silently and technically ignored him
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by christopher123(m): 11:44am On Apr 27, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
I don't suport state police,the politicians will hijack that!!!!
Well we have had a kind of state policing such as latsma , kai ,AVS etc
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by babyfaceafrica: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2016
christopher123:

Well we have had a kind of state policing such as latsma , kai ,AVS etc
hahahahha...abeg jhoor..I mean beta police,not those kain yeye ones..state police is not good!!..what a state should support is local vigilante
Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
something needs to be done urgently

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by menstrualpad: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
yes... very well and then recruit youths to rear cattle in the south....well equipped

carinmom:

Re: Herdsmen: We Are Surrounded, We Need Guns! by gud4dbest(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
We shall suffer the Fate of Ilorin:that is what Buhari want!

(1) (Reply)

“Don't Dare Us” - Niger Delta Avengers Give Stern Warning To A.G.I.P / Nigeria Exports Religion, India Exports Cars / #TheOtherRoom Now Trending As Nigerians React Over President Buhari’s Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.