Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland (81988 Views)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / Why Do Most Female Secretaries Sleep With Their Bosses? / Icsan - Institute Of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2007
Sweetie, I wish u plenty plenty success kiss

You will sure come out well. You are a child of SUCCESSS, and u must behave and come out like a child of whom u are.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2007
Thank you site admin for your correction. undecided
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2007
ok, is it against the rule of this site to post another link? oh i never knew

pls u can get me thru, email4reading@yahoo.com. just opened it now for the purpose.

pls beau1, send the link there and the info there pls
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2007
Mypeace, the invitation has been sent.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:06am On Mar 28, 2007
Beau1, thanks alot, i have done the necessary things. I have some questions oooh, i will get to ur thru ur email. pls i need ur email Id.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2007
Hi,
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by nikynike(f): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2007
Yes lm a Sec too.
There is no time for leisure until my boss leaves the office grin
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2007
hello nilynike, you're welcome on board to our forum.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2007
teena where are u? You are missing on that thing (hope u understand)
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2007
Hello everyone, hope I've not missed so much.

@crazyp Welcome my dear, I believe you will learn a lot from this forum as I have done.

Meanwhile as regards to your boss' wife, the case is not strange. As mypeace said, she is trying to let you know that there is difference b/w the two of you. You got to be careful and use your wisdom. I had a similar problem when I just started my job. Actually my boss' wife doesnt visit the office regularly and before I met her for the first time, I have heard about her so I knew she was a snob naturally. Initially, when she comes to the office, she finds it difficult to respond to my greetings, she will even pretend not to see me but I had nothing against her so I continued greeeting her. I made sure I played my own part well without any prejudice, after a number of visits, she found out that I wasnt ready for shoulder robbing, so she left me. I was surprise one day when she came and called me by my name and responded to my greeting with a smile. So be tactful, moreover I wish you goodluck.

Beau1, hw was your MBA test. I hope you will get in soonest and how is 'our new job', you didnt feed mme back OOOooo

Mypeace darling, I will get to you thro your email address, so catch you.

Wishing everyone in the house a pleasant Easter as we celebrate the resurrection of Christ this weekend.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2007
Hi teena, Thanks so much. My exams were fine. I really didn't have time to prepare besides, i didn't feel bad cos the questions came outside my scope of study and expectation. I know getting a higher degree is a must and i must get there.

We talked about using your spare time browsing productively and you didn't come back; could that be what you mean?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2007
Hi Beau1, sorry I did ask u of the exam. Glad to hear it went well. Yes, you got it right, I was talking of Teena missing on the stuff.

Thanks once more, am acutally enjoying myself there!

Teena you can get to me or Beau1 thru our emails.

Beau1, see me now, I can now teach someone, lol!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2007
I'm glad to hear that mypeace. Teena, please come on board o, don't be missing in action!
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 9:44am On Apr 05, 2007
Com and join me sing Halleluya!!, Jehovah Jireh has done me well!, Come and join me sing Halleluya!!, Alpha and Omega has done me well!!

My Beloved, my TESTIMONY is that I just got an AMAZING PROMOTION. Pls praise GOD for me, he has been so wonderful to me, I still have another testimony to share with you guys, but that will be after May 2007.

[center]Happy Easter to you all, as i equally await your testimonies, however Beau1 has given one, but I except more from her and others, God is faithful to those who trust in him! tongue tongue[/center][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2007
Hello sweetheart, I rejoice with you. Happy easter! kiss kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2007
I WISH YOU ALL HAPPY EASTER AND PLS LET THE RISEN CHRIST AFFECT YOUR LIFE POSITIVELY.

@mypeace and Beau1, I dont have the link yet.  You ladies should carry me along OOooo.

Moreover, Big CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU mypeace.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2007
No wonder now i know why you replied that guy in that tone. i would not want to visit your organisation from the tone of your reply to the guy complaining about receptionist
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 9:06am On Apr 10, 2007
Hello all, welcome back from the easter holiday. Hope you all had a nice time? Hi Teena, send me a mail on semepee@yahoo.com and I'll send an invitation to your box.

hello aisha2, welcome to our forum. Wonder what mean cos we're loving and caring here kiss kiss
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thank you my dear ones!

and welcome back from the holiday, I know you had wonderful Easter Celebration tongue

aisha2, was quoting a thread on wicked receptionist. the thread was formally on job section, where everybody's eye is RED for employment, so I stepped on their toes with my sensitive comment. I think Seun later moved the thread to career. (thank God they no chop me raw for that thread ooo)
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2007
@ wicked receptionist - i know but then do you have to carry it about or was she trailing you?

That's a non-issue by the way cos i saw the discussion and as far as i know once the apology has been made and the person who started the discussion too has accepted his blame, which one concern 'agbero' with overload? (Pardon me, please)
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2007
Waoh!  mypeace, does it mean that aisha2 was referring to you personally I was wondering what could bring about such a comment.  embarassed embarassed embarassed

@aisha2, pls 4give her ooooooooooooooo cool

@Beau1, tanx I will get back to you.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2007
no mind her, abi she wan assasinate me, lolllllll just wonder why shes trailing me too ooo. Seun take note oo, her action is against the rule of this site, if am not mistaken.

@teena,

hope u saw my email?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2007
hi everyone. welcome back from the break! does any one know the status of lasu part-time programmes now?
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2007
Pls, forget LASU for anything school. Their masters is glorified B.Sc, even if its up to that. I know a friend of mine that called himself lecturer there, somebody l was 100% better than in school, what will he be teaching? Again, LASU has problem with NUC with their MBA programme, l dont think they have rectified that.

If Uniben didnt work out as you planned, pls hold on for Unilag. The forms would be out any moment from June. I will buy the form too, so am on the lookout l will inform the house when its out.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by beau1(f): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2007
many thanks. you seem to read my mind perfectly.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2007
you are welcome smiley
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by teena(f): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2007
Hello everyone,
How is the election in ur various locations? Plz do not take part in any form of voilence during this period. Lets be civil and trust in God to see us through.

@mypeace, yes dear I saw ur mail and also replied, thanks. My system has little problem but we are trying to put it in order, then I will write to Beau1.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by MyPeace(f): 2:32pm On Apr 24, 2007
alright.

Glad to have you back, l will try and send you personal message.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by Seun(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2007
How do you find your jobs? What are the challenges you've faced recently? Thanks.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by twinstaiye(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2007
I am a confidential Secretary and I am proud to be one, because i have been doing it for the past 15 years, 10 in a reputable bank and 5 in a reputable federal government parastatals. During those periods, there are ups and downs in the profession, so much that at a point some people believed it is only a matter of time before technology wipe away the profession. But today, no good executive can still do without a secretary. The profession too has been look down as a drop out profession for those who are low in educational qualifications, but i tell you, with my own experience, i don't see any dunce surviving as a top flight secretary.

The private investors group has look down on the profession. My first 10 years in a private sector made me to witness unecouragement in the job without promotion, where there is promotion, a special one was created for secretaries so that by the time you are to be at par with your fellow graduates in whom you are employ at the time, you go through secretarial promotion at least 3 times to be at par with just a single promotion with your colleagues in other grades. It was hell of a motivation being a secretary, but the truth is, even though I had another degree in public administration, I still love to be a secretary. In all, i don't have regrets. One good thing about the profession is that, the employment opportunity is there, it depends however on where you wish to start, and I will encourage fellow secretaries who are unemployed for now, to start from anywhere, not necessarily a bank or a big company.

The other challenges is the threat pose by computer operator, who tried to be a secretary at the same time, whereas they are not trained as a secretary, but today, no executive demands for a computer operator as a secretary, they will rather demand for a secretary with computer experience.

Fellow Nairaland users who are secretary, take my own experience as an advantage, be proud of your job, do it diligently and take interest in it. In the course of doing the job, I had been boss to office assistants who later senior me in grade, I had been employed the same day with other graduates who are my senior, but i still take these setbacks with equal mind believing that, that is where faith had landed me and that is my destiny.

I had been a secretary right from the days of Manual Typewriter, i actually trained with manual typewriter, then came the Electric typewriter, and then selectric typewriters. Thereafter we have electronic typewriters, which makes the job of a typist more easier before we now have words processors. Finally came the Computers and we used the experience of electronic typewriter and word processors to operate the computer, which came mostly in DOS. We also have the problem of dealing with the computer software mostly the wordperfect. It was a hell of a time trying to cope with the shortcuts to make the job done. But by the time windows was introduced to computers, it makes our job much more easier, and most of us who had started right from where I started do not undertake any training in mastering the Microsoft Word, Powerpoint or Publisher. I for an example, as far as I know, had not met anyone who is more versatile than me in microsoft word. That to me is an achievement and I am proud of it. My next port of call now is to study programming, and Seun, Zahymaka had been very helpful in that regard, and by God grace, I had started off from Python, and I am progressing very well, at least that would make me to be on my own after retirement.

So, why am I saying all this, I just felt something in me to dish out this from my system, and I believe fellow Nairaland users who are secretaries or who intend to be can learn one or two things.
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by bisisexy(f): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2007
my peace,
what,s good? i like u already although, i haven,t met u ,ur articulate,proffesional, it,s good when women get this striaght to their head,i want to ask u some thing,u can email me on callbisisexy@yahoo.co.uk,i just came back to nigeria am looking for a good job
cheers
Re: Secretaries (Or Personal Assistants) On Nairaland by spoilt(f): 12:12am On Apr 29, 2007
good to know you are proud of what you do! kudos and be happy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.