Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian (758 Views)

Who Else Is Waiting For Drupal 8? / Drupal 7 Bible Free Download (Start Building And Managing Web Sites With Drupal) / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by emonkey(m): 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2009
This book - Drupal 6 Site Blueprints -  which is published by Packt  is being released in August 2009. It is written by a Nigerian which is no small achievement considering the tough  editorial and peer review which precedes a book of this type from one of the best known technical publishers in the world . The book's page on the publisher's web site is  https://www.packtpub.com/drupal-6-site-blueprints/book  . It contains more information.

Author's Nigeria contact :
mail@websesame.com ; 08085007469
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by yawatide(f): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2009
He he, unless you are simply promoting, why don't you just come out and say you are the author (at least based on ur signature and your profile)?

VERY GOOD sha.  I think the next step should be revamping the websesame site to make it more interactive cos I am sure, once the book launches, many will want to know more about the author. I also see that there are books listed on amazon attributed to the same person. VERY GOOD once again.

It is about time we did something unique, like publishing a technical book that will be read worldwide rather than cloning.  I have never used drupal myself but might just buy the book, if for no other reason, but to proudly point out to my oyibo friends that a Nigerian wrote it. Keep us posted as publish date nears.

Make you remember me come royalty time o!  grin
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by emonkey(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2009
Very good ?
Gee thanks !! OK I wrote it and hope you don't my promoting. You remember that our old anecdote about the lizard who jumped from the top of the palm tree , and after surviving that feat proceeded to nod its head. I can't remember what it said, can you help out ?
cheers
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by yawatide(f): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2009
Yeah, he said, "since no one will praise me, I will praise myself" but we both know you knew that already, he he.

Anyways, I am happy at your accomplishment, probably happier for you than you are for yourself.  Just remember me come royalty time, that's all.  You slyly dodged that part of my post in your last post  tongue

I will definitely promote it to all those that I know. Again, though I may never use drupal, just to encourage you and others, I will most likely buy it, again, just to have something to show oyibo that we can do it too.

By the way, other than letting packt do it, what r u doing on your own end to promote it? Will you travel out? Appear on CNN? NTA, etc? Just curious. This is huge man, especially if the entire drupal community loves it.
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by felifeli: 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2009
I am proud of you Bros.
This is what are talking about. All we ever read on Nairaland is about frustrated dummies sweeping gutters in London and  tripping over one another to tell the whole world that Nigerians are useless , because they are themselves useless. Let's all begin to try and exercise ourselves positively and we will get there. Kudos to you.
(OK koko below remember me too when it becomes good for you o !)
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 10, 2009
Dat is very very good and encouraging too
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by Cactus(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2009
I have had my fair share of experience with some people that tried writing books.

If you actually wrote the book, congratulations to you. But these days it is just too easy for anyone to publish books thanks to Ghostwriters.
Re: Drupal 6 Site Blueprints - New Book By A Nigerian by emonkey(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2009
Cactus:

I have had my fair share of experience with some people that tried writing books.

If you actually wrote the book, congratulations to you. But these days it is just too easy for anyone to publish books thanks to Ghostwriters.

Did that comment make you feel good ? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help To Review This Websit / Where Is Cactus? / Pls Someone Should Help Me With Ajax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.