Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge (34364 Views)

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Paris Club Fund: Magu On Mudslinging Campaign Against Me – Saraki / CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by portals101: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
“Even if he is under investigation, he can still continue with his duty. The defendant in this case despite being charged to court is still carrying out his duty as a senator.”[color=#990000]
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by wellmax(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Doesn't make any sense. So to get a judge off your case, just accuse him and then claim "the judge is under investigation, he should step down" abi?
What's the assurance that the next judge will be 'nice' to Saraki?
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by princeattah1: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
GboyegaD:
Nigerian youths deserve worse treatments from her leaders based on the comments I read on sensitive post. It is unfortunate that not only did our government fail in the past, our education system also failed. We either come together as one to fight for our right or we keep fighting ourselves while our leaders laugh at our foolishness to plunge us deeper into poverty.

QED ! That says it all . OFFICE CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE .
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
Doyin2:

I hope you're not deaf,blind or dumb?Or you just choose to be mischievous.

The CCT chairman has been cleared of all corruption allegations and neither is he being tried in any court of competent jurisdiction,whereas,Saraki is being tried in a court of competent jurisdiction.

So it is more appropriate and Honorable ,for Saraki to step aside and stop ridiculing the exalted office of the Senate President,under trial!

If he chooses not to step aside,then he should for God's sake face his trial!

For being indicted in any corruption case before he should not sit on any panel dealing with corruption unless he is the only judge in the country. This is not only an insult to the corruption case but the NBA body as a whole
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by wellmax(m): 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
DONSMITH123:
“Even if he is under investigation, he can still continue with his duty. The defendant in this case despite being charged to court is still carrying out his duty as a senator.”
GBAMM!!!
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by menstrualpad: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
EFCC has no powers to clear anyone and the report DID NOT clear Umar....it did the opposite

Dakad:

What you said is absolutely correct. However it should be raise by same Saraki who is still presiding over the senate despite being alleged. Moreover, Umar had been cleared by EFCC. Saraki does not have a moral justification for what he's asking for
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Angelb4: 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC fighting APC..

Confused fellows grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

We don't shield criminals like the PDP does. Grow up bro, we're in CHANGE. Corrupt politicians quivering...
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by wellmax(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

For being indicted in any corruption case before he should not sit on any panel dealing with corruption unless he is the only judge in the country. This is not only an insult to the corruption case but the NBA body as a whole

No! He hasn't been indicted. As good as it is to have a clean judge, we should not allow accused persons to sponsor baseless allegations against a judge and then request that he steps down while investigation is going on. The way I see it, Saraki is just trying to buy time. Bring another judge, he will have something else to say.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Doyin2(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

He should resign from CCB completely, he is an obstruction to justice. No matter how small a skeleton in a cupboard is, its a skeleton in a cupboard.

Why don't you suggest that he should leave the judiciary completely,because of an allegation for which he has been cleared and for which he is not being tried in any court of competent jurisdiction.

It would have been a different scenaro if the so called allegations and investigation were fresh and ongoing.This happened in 2015 but more importantly,he had been cleared.

And it is okay for saraki,that is being tried in a court of competent jurisdiction,not to step aside,abi?

Affiliations and sentiments make some people think through their anus grin
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by dustmalik: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

I think the cases are different. The judge can be blackmail to subvert justice unlike the senator who can not take away a man's freedom.
Really? In case you didn't know, Senators are actually the lawmakers. They make the laws by which a country is governed by. So, in truth, a Senate president can do far worse than a judge.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by erinalex: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
sleekp1:
Saraki would soon walk away a free man. Danladi Umar should not have been allowed to remain a participant when he has corruption allegations hanging over himself.
hypocrite ! What is hanging over saraki? And to think that the same you, want Saraki to remain SP. God bless Nigeria !
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by AfroKnight: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Who are the lawyers advising this Saraki? Cant you guys defend this man? 80 lawyers that cannot refute just one accusation. Or is his case that bad?
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by smithyemy: 4:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
sure,saraki has thet legal right to ask for the replacement of the CCT JUDGE or CHAIR if he think he(SARAKI) has a existing feud,spat or discord with him.SUPRISING,that some pple in the APC really want saraki out all becos he allow a PDP CANDIDATE 4 d vice senate position.so for me,i believe dis is not CORRUPTION FIGHTING BUT REVENGE MISSION by the so called SARAKI ENEMIES.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Mendelssohn(m): 4:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC fighting APC..

And if Apc is not fighting Apc, you will be the first to cry to the whole Street that Apc is fighting PDP.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
dustmalik:

Really? In case you didn't know, Senators are actually the lawmakers. They make the laws by which a country is governed by. So, in truth, a Senate president can do far worse than a judge.

Making laws is different from presiding to deliver a judgement. Anyone who is in a position to deliver judgement must be free from any thing that can be used as a blackmail to subvert justice.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by wellmax(m): 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC fighting APC..

Noo, this is truth fighting falsehood, as if PDP never fought PDP
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
Doyin2:

Why don't you suggest that he should leave the judiciary completely,because of an allegation for which he has been cleared and for which he is not being tried in any court of competent jurisdiction.

It would have been a different scenaro if the so called allegations and investigation were fresh and ongoing.This happened in 2015 but more importantly,he had been cleared.

And it is okay for saraki,that is being tried in a court of competent jurisdiction,not to step aside,abi?

Affiliations and sentiments make some people think through their anus grin

This is a special court and should have a people of special quality (impeccable integrity). He should go to other court and serve his purpose for this one, he has eaten his Jacob's stew.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Doyin2(m): 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Indicted by who?

NJC is not that daft or stupid,he would not be sitting as a judge if he has been indicted by any court of competent jurisdiction!As amatter of fact,if he had been indicted,he would have been booted out of the judiciary,he would not have any choice to make!

Please can we face facts?
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
wellmax:

No! He hasn't been indicted. As good as it is to have a clean judge, we should not allow accused persons to sponsor baseless allegations against a judge and then request that he steps down while investigation is going on. The way I see it, Saraki is just trying to buy time. Bring another judge, he will have something else to say.

What your saying is that this the best of saint these robe wearing learned gentlemen can give a country of more than 170 million people.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
Doyin2:

Indicted by who?

NJC is not that daft or stupid,he would not be sitting as a judge if he has been indicted by any court of competent jurisdiction!As amatter of fact,if he had been indicted,he would have been booted out of the judiciary,he would not have any choice to make!

Sorry that was a slip of the finger, but for being investigated by the same people who want him to sit over someone whom they want convicted by all means does not only speak volume but conclusion of the matter.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
Doyin2:

Indicted by who?

Sorry that was a slip of the finger, but for being investigated by the same people who want him to sit over someone whom they want convicted by all means does not only speak volume but conclusion of the tmatter.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by wellmax(m): 4:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

What your saying is that this the best of saint these robe wearing learned gentlemen can give a country of more than 170 million people.

And what you are saying is that anybody facing a charge should just accuse the judge, so that we change him since we have them plenty. We keep changing like this and before you know it, 4 years is gone.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Doyin2(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Sorry that was a slip of the finger, but for being investigated by the same people who want him to sit over someone whom they want convicted by all means does not only speak volume but conclusion of the matter.

You are getting it all mix up!

I initially felt the Judge should resign,but when facts emerged that the allegations and investigations were not fresh,and it happened in 2015 and he had been cleared,performing his duties since then,why then should he now resign because of Saraki who we all know is using delay tactics to usurp justice?

It makes common and moral sense to resign or step aside for a current investigation or trial, but it is hogwash to tell someone to resign based on a past event of allegation or investigation for which he has been cleared.
Saraki's case is fresh and ongoing and neither has he been cleared(unlike the Judge),thus he should step aside or shut up to face his trial!
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by ikwubaba: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
helpee:
saraki being the senate president cant use his position to alter justice in this case but the position of umar can either obstruct or mar justice. if he goes against EFCC, they can reopen his case so he has to do whatever they ask him even if it is not just so UMAR can not preside over a case involving EFCC since he has a case with them. Infact, we can claim he was cleared by EFCC on the understanding he must convict saraki in return. so, saraki is right. Umar must excuse himself from this case not from being CCB chairman. nobody is asking him to resign as CCB chairman based on allegation but excuse himself from this particular case so it has nothing to do with wether saraki resign as senate president or not

Nice logic. In other words, if you have ever being arrested by a police. Even if you are finally discharge and acquitted, you can never preside over a criminal case again. in short, no need to continue with you law programme. And if you have graduated, you go look for something else to do abi. Because, they can always reopen your case if you do not jail every accuse brought to your court.

Common sense no common atall.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by benji93: 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
“Even if he is under investigation, he can still continue with his duty. The defendant in this case despite being charged to court is still carrying out his duty as a senator.” this statement should fairly answer the question as to why umar could still preside over the case, but despite this, we are talking about the case of a man judging another man, this is far more delicate than that of the senator, but this case is so complicated that we do not know whom to believe, we are not sure if the EFCC had substantial evidence to implicate him in a criminal offence,but some men higher up offered him this case in place of rendering his case void. what we hear and watch could be different from what is actually happening in the background of context of this case, given the infamous state of our judicial system, we should just stand by and observe the trajectory of this case. Until a law court sends one of those massive looters to jail, i would still maintain my stand that the Nigerian judicial system is far from independent.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
wellmax:

And what you are saying is that anybody facing a charge should just accuse the judge, so that we change him since we have them plenty. We keep changing like this and before you know it, 4 years is gone.

This is beyond accusations, it was investigated by the same people who brought this case up.

If I investigate any allegation against you in the past and bring a case to you in future will you not favour me even if the investigation where in your favour?
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by smithyemy: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
am also an advocate of SARAKI facing his trial but honestly,it has to be on a platform of flawlessness.if you can recollect vividly,it was thesame SARAKI that spearheaded the hearing of the CCT TRIAL JUDGE's BRIBERY ALLEGATION SAGA in the SENATE;so he(the CCT TRIAL JUDGE) will see these as an avenue to revenge and predictably give a bias judgement.of couse,i will also predict a bias judgement if the present CCT CHAIRMAN should continue with saraki's trial.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by adanny01(m): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
menstrualpad:
Umar is clearly disturbing this trial by insisting he must sit on it..... we need an untainted Judge and we want Saraki to be tried fast. Meanwhile EFCC has no powers to clear an accused only a court of competent jurisdiction can.
A Judge on administrative bail cannot for corruption cannot be trying a corruption case brought by his own very investigators.... Umar stop disturbing our anti-corruption crusade biko.

why are you following me Arch Lawal? Please unfollow me asap.

Use your God given head, think harder!

Why do you think Saraki wants Umar gone. There is only one reason.

A new CCT Chairman must be screened by the senate. In which case, Saraki and his cohorts will only approve any judge who promises to throw the case away. Imagine judges lobbying Saraki to become the CCT Judge, what do you think is at stake? JUSTICE!

It is impunity waiting to happen and every right thinking Nigerian must reject it. No one should be allowed to appoint the very judge that will dock him. That is a prerequisite for complete bias and impunity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Daplux4: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC fighting APC..

Tinubu wants saraki out as senate presoident
Nigerans should expect heavy crises in all our national politics
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by helpee(m): 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
ikwubaba:

Nice logic. In other words, if you have ever being arrested by a police. Even if you are finally discharge and acquitted, you can never preside over a criminal case again. in short, no need to continue with you law programme. And if you have graduated, you go look for something else to do abi. Because, they can always reopen your case if you do not jail every accuse brought to your court.

Common sense no common atall.
my guy this your comparison is too shallow and your illogical reasoning definately confirm that common sense is so uncommon in your so called logic . Who told you umar can never preside over a criminal case again? normal logic says you cant preside over a case between parties if you are entangled with one of the parties? By the way, is umar the only judge we have in nigeria? Who acquitted umar? EFCC. Tell me when did EFCC become the prosecutor and the judge at the same time? How can EFCC discharge you? Police dont discharge and acquit people. only the court of law does. Police only investigate and they leave the court to acquit.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Doyin2:

You are getting it all mix up!

I initially felt the Judge should resign,but when facts emerged that the allegations and investigations were not fresh,and it happened in 2015 and he had been cleared,performing his duties since then,why then should he now resign because of Saraki who we all know is using delay tactics to usurp justice?

It makes common and moral sense to resign or step aside for a current investigation or trial, but it is hogwash to tell someone to resign based on a past event of allegation or investigation for which he has been cleared.
Saraki's case is fresh and ongoing and neither has he been cleared(unlike the Judge),thus he should step aside or shut up to face his trial!

Sarki or whatever his name is, is not being tried on a fresh case but a case of when he was a governor.

Now there is a mental build up that the government appointed this man to head this tribunal due to the alleged investigation. This thought pattern alone portray danger.

No matter how long the judge investigation was, he is in the debt book of his investigators who happen to be the ones spearheading this case. This is justice written before trial.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by wellmax(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

This is beyond accusations, it was investigated by the same people who brought this case up.

If I investigate any allegation against you in the past and bring a case to you in future will you not favour me even if the investigation where in your favour?

Good! I'm sure you read the part that Umar has been cleared of the accusations.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/efcc-clears-cct-chairman-umar-n10m-bribery/

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/04/21/194515/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Akin Alabi Continues Palliative Handout With Cash Giveaway On Facebook / US Lawmakers Stop $875m Defence Equipment Sale To Nigeria / Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.