Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge (34353 Views)

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate / Paris Club Fund: Magu On Mudslinging Campaign Against Me – Saraki / CCT Trial: Saraki Tactically Delaying Trial Because He’s Afraid – Tribunal Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by ikwubaba: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
benji93:
“Even if he is under investigation, he can still continue with his duty. The defendant in this case despite being charged to court is still carrying out his duty as a senator.” this statement should fairly answer the question as to why umar could still preside over the case, but despite this, we are talking about the case of a man judging another man, this is far more delicate than that of the senator, but this case is so complicated that we do not know whom to believe, we are not sure if the EFCC's had substantial evidence to implicate him in a criminal offence,but some men higher up offered him this case in place of rendering his case void. what we hear and watch could be different from what is actually happening in the background of context of this case, given the infamous state of our judicial system, we should just stand by and observe the trajectory of this case. Until a law court sends one of those massive looters to jail, i would still maintain my stand that the Nigerian judicial system is far from independent.

Thank you very much.

Watching the drama so far, why didn't Saraki take his case to another court to disqualify the Judge? why bring it to his own court. Aim is just to harass. Issue is why can't we just hear this case? There is room for appeal abi?

My take is that the mess is too putrid to be exposed. reason why a team of over 80 lawyers are working top gear to stall the case instead. i.e. not to be heard at all in the first place.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by helpee(m): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
adanny01:

Use your God given head, think harder!

Why do you think Saraki wants Umar gone. There is only one reason.

A new CCT Chairman must be screened by the senate. In which case, Saraki and his cohorts will only approved any judge who promises to throw the case away. Imagine judges lobbying Saraki to become the CCT Judge, what do you think is at stake? JUSTICE!

It is impunity waiting to happen and every right thinking Nigerian must reject it. No one should be allowed to appoint the very judge that will dock him. That is a prerequisite for complete bias and impunity.
you are right. no one, including the EFCC should be allowed to have a hold on the judge that will preside over his case. The fact that EFCC can decide to prosecute Umar tommrrow means he must do whatever they want to evade prosecution. Saraki can excuse himself from the plenary when it is time to confirm the new judge. It is still buhari that will send the name of CCB chairman to senate and senate cant just say we are not confirming this person for no reason
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Doyin2(m): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
smithyemy:
am also an advocate of SARAKI facing his trial but honestly,it has to be on a platform of flawlessness.if you can recollect vividly,it was thesame SARAKI that spearheaded the hearing of the CCT TRIAL JUDGE's BRIBERY ALLEGATION SAGA in the SENATE;so he(the CCT TRIAL JUDGE) will see these as an avenue to revenge and predictably give a bias judgement.of couse,i will also predict a bias judgement if the present CCT CHAIRMAN should continue with saraki's trial.

Now,this makes common and moral sense to me!

I will fall for superior arguments,any time any day.

Facts are sacred,not sentiments!
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Deen77: 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
wellmax:
Doesn't make any sense. So to get a judge off your case, just accuse him and then claim "the judge is under investigation, he should step down" abi?
What's the assurance that the next judge will be 'nice' to Saraki?

Saraki should show the judge an example by stepping down first as SP.

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Deen77: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
helpee:
you are right. no one, including the EFCC should be allowed to have a hold on the judge that will preside over his case. The fact that EFCC can decide to prosecute Umar tommrrow means he must do whatever they want to evade prosecution. Saraki can excuse himself from the plenary when it is time to confirm the new judge. It is still buhari that will send the name of CCB chairman to senate and senate cant just say we are not confirming this person for no reason

Umar will judge Saraki and Senate will Judge Umar. Nigeria is bigger then d two.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Daplux4: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
helpee:
my guy this your comparison is too shallow and your illogical reasoning definately confirm that common sense is so uncommon in your so called logic . Who told you umar can never preside over a criminal case again? normal logic says you cant preside over a case between parties if you are entangled with one of the parties? By the way, is umar the only judge we have in nigeria? Who acquitted umar? EFCC. Tell me when did EFCC become the prosecutor and the judge at the same time? How can EFCC discharge you? Police dont discharge and acquit people. only the court of law does. Police only investigate and they leave the court to acquit.

I don't know why buhari and his aids decide not to work with our constitution which they swear to abide by why is it difficult
Buhari I think u are not capable to lead this country
Please resign
Our law is more important than ur agenda
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by ikwubaba: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
helpee:
my guy this your comparison is too shallow and your illogical reasoning definately confirm that common sense is so uncommon in your so called logic . Who told you umar can never preside over a criminal case again? normal logic says you cant preside over a case between parties if you are entangled with one of the parties? By the way, is umar the only judge we have in nigeria? Who acquitted umar? EFCC. Tell me when did EFCC become the prosecutor and the judge at the same time? How can EFCC discharge you? Police dont discharge and acquit people. only the court of law does. Police only investigate and they leave the court to acquit.

Police can investigate and discharge you. That is a fact. The court only comes in if you are charged.

I still ask, if a police ever arrest and discharge you even the previous day, does that mean you cannot preside over a criminal case brought by police again? Assuming a judge is wrongfully accused of a crime, arrested and discharged, he should be perpetually disqualified from entertaining a criminal case? you just answer

If the chairman now disqualifies himself, who continues the case? Another chairman to be screened by the same senate?

People like you who want the perpetuation of corruption will not see the impending conflict and lacuna. Or, actually, it is what you want, so Saraki (I'm sure he is your mentor) can go Scot free.

Mba ohhh!!!

2 Likes

Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Chibest2000(m): 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
I think justice Umar has a preconceived agenda on this Saraki's case because the manner at which he's handling the case with preferences is glaring to the senses. My thought.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by benji93: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
ikwubaba:

Thank you very much.

Watching the drama so far, why didn't Saraki take his case to another court to disqualify the Judge? why bring it to his own court. Aim is just to harass. Issue is why can't we just hear this case? There is room for appeal abi?

My take is that the mess is too putrid to be exposed. reason why a team of over 80 lawyers are working top gear to stall the case instead. i.e. not to be heard at all in the first place.
very likely though, there is no way a person of his calibre would be sentenced without substantial evidence confirming his complicity in the crime, he must be afraid of something, iam looking forward to seeing how this will end sha
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by helpee(m): 5:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Deen77:

Umar will judge Saraki and Senate will Judge Umar. Nigeria is bigger then d two.
senate dont have the powers to judge. They make laws and the judiciary interpret it. so, senate cannot judge umar and for the sake of justice, umar should not be allowed to judge saraki.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by AdeniyiA(m): 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
“Even if he is under investigation, he can still continue with his duty. The defendant in this case despite being charged to court is still carrying out his duty as a senator.”

GBAM! ... technical knockout, he that calls for justice must come with clean hands..
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Mopolchi: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
menstrualpad:
Umar is clearly disturbing this trial by insisting he must sit on it..... we need an untainted Judge and we want Saraki to be tried fast. Meanwhile EFCC has no powers to clear an accused only a court of competent jurisdiction can.
A Judge on administrative bail cannot for corruption cannot be trying a corruption case brought by his own very investigators.... Umar stop disturbing our anti-corruption crusade biko.

Which one den dey call you, menstrual pad or pain? EFCC does not have powers to clear an accused Who accused him initially? So you cannot retract your accusation after getting your findings right? Even if he is tried on, who will present the convicting evidence? No be EFCC? Or Na you go bring am?
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by adanny01(m): 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
helpee:

Whether Saraki excuses himself or not, most senators have his interest and will still do his bidding. Was Saraki the one who summoned the CCT chairman to Senate? No. Why did they do it? Why are Senators following him to trial? There is no way that bias will not be used in confirming a new CCT chairman.

Why do you think Ameachi had a tough time before becoming minister? Thats even when Ameachi had no problem with maajority of the Senators o, including Saraki. If Saraki and Ameachi were enemies, Ameachi would not have become a minister no matter how Buhari wants him. There is no way Saraki will let any judge who will unbiasedly try him get confirmation.

It is only fair for Umar to finish the case, appeal and Supreme courts are there.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by helpee(m): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
ikwubaba:

Police can investigate and discharge you. That is a fact. The court only comes in if you are charged.

I still ask, if a police ever arrest and discharge you even the previous day, does that mean you cannot preside over a criminal case brought by police again? Assuming a judge is wrongfully accused of a crime, arrested and discharged, he should be perpetually disqualified from entertaining a criminal case? you just answer

If the chairman now disqualifies himself, who continues the case? Another chairman to be screened by the same senate?

People like you who want the perpetuation of corruption will not see the impending conflict and lacuna. Or, actually, it is what you want, so Saraki (I'm sure he is your mentor) can go Scot free.

Mba ohhh!!!
For your information, police cant discharge you. you are probably mistaking dispute resolution especially in civil cases which occurs daily at the police station to mean you are being discharged and acquited. They may not press charges against you for lack of evidence in criminal cases but they can never discharge you. And when they are not sure, they refer to DPP in the ministry of justice headed by attorney general. In this cas, the attorney general advised that umar should be prosecuted, Efcc said they are discharging him. you guys want to stand law on its head. For your information, i hate traitors so i hate saraki. But i dont want him persecuted just because he offended tinubu or buhari,. Even you can offend tinubu tommorrow so they can stand law on its head just to get back at you. That on its own is corruption. If a judge is being investigated by a police officer, the judge will naturally excuse himself if such a police officer has a case under him cos the police can use evidence gathered during investigation to blackmail the judge so stop writing like a novice
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by najib632(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC fighting APC..
Confused fellows grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Who told u saraki is APC
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by epistleNow(m): 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC fighting APC..

Confused fellows grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

That is democracy!!!
Unlike the one practised by PDP
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by smithyemy: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
yeah! saraki shuld face his trial but it has to be presided by a judge that is allegation-free.vividly,i can still remember the 10million bribery allegation claimed against the so called CCT JUDGE.also,it was thesame EFCC that handle his(CCT JUDGE BRIBERY ALLEGATION) investigation that recently(last week) came out to say he has been cleared.pls,my fellow nigerian have you ever had where an accused person(by the EFCC) is being cleared by the same EFCC without been taken to the court of law?Secondly,ve you seen person(even of this callibre,LIKE THE CCT JUDGE) been investigated by the EFCC only 4 thesame EFCC clear him without any statement from the LAW COURT?Above all,i believe our judiciary ve really a SETBACK.our judiciary is really tagged 'INDEPENDENT'.Nobody is saying saraki shuld not be tried but the process has to be fair
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by mike1994reds: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
i can only draw one conclusion on this saraki saga. NIGERIANS are all hyprocrites... everybody just dey comment as if u do not know that this is clear and obvious witch hunting. ask yourself these questions:
1, why is PMB and saraki avoiding each other at all times? u can count d number of times dey've met since d inception of this govt. budget dey cause wahala, dey no even siddon talk about am
2, who are those jobless people who went to NASS to protest, if no b say dem don pay dem.ur nation's budget is in hanging up till now u're not protesting that.
3, why is CCT tribunal court judge adamant on presiding on this case, someone who freed tinubu of d same charges and even accussed of corruption by EFCC. even EFCC is now claiming to have cleared him of all accusation, something that can only b done by a competent court of law.
i'm no support anyone neither am i against either sides, i just dont care
NIGERIANS Should stop being HYPOCRITES and remember u have a future to salvage
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Amitex(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
[size=18pt]Abeg, who gave the bribe to Umar sef? Hope nobi Jag....n B..gu?[/size] grin grin grin
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by princechiemekam(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=SamuelAnyawu post=45092846]APC fighting APC..

Confused fellows grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy[/quot ]. If youths can engage in ProDuctIvity dis useles set of politicians will not be using us...look at how dis idiots(nitwits ) dey us ......
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by abimic(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Even the devil can't tell me that Saraki isn't corrupt with his antecedents. He acts so desperate that i think he's got so many things to hide, if he feels Umar is corrupt, why not wait for his judgements than stall same, moreover, whatever Umar delivers would be fought by Saraki till the Supreme Court again and why the delay tactics . it's not that, if they change the CCT chairman, he would easily agree to any ruling that doesn't favor him, he would still practice the status quo of fighting up and down, so why not let Umar deliver his judgment as we know with this stalling processes of his, a sign of his corrupt nature, it might not necessarily favor him, Saraki.

1 Like

Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Atittude: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
Of course, the CCT chairman should remove the speck from his eyes before removing the speck from another person's eyes.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Henrichemeka(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
How can you be innocent when your accusers are both the judge and the witnesses.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by manup: 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
aare07:
When you fight corruption, it fights back.

#istandwithjustice.

And u think Bu should prepare for the feature?
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Dakad: 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
helpee:
saraki being the senate president cant use his position to alter justice in this case but the position of umar can either obstruct or mar justice. if he goes against EFCC, they can reopen his case so he has to do whatever they ask him even if it is not just so UMAR can not preside over a case involving EFCC since he has a case with them. Infact, we can claim he was cleared by EFCC on the understanding he must convict saraki in return. so, saraki is right. Umar must excuse himself from this case not from being CCB chairman. nobody is asking him to resign as CCB chairman based on allegation but excuse himself from this particular case so it has nothing to do with wether saraki resign as senate president or not

I'm neither for Umar nor for Saraki. I'm for justice. My point is clear, Umar might not have moral justification to preside over any case if he's been indicted by EFCC. However, Saraki doesn't have moral right to ask him to handover the case. Reason being that in a sane society Saraki should have resign long ago to clear his name. Though any accused person is innocent until proved guilty but he shouldn't have dragged that highly exalted office to such a mess. Moreover, Saraki is not being prosecuted by EFCC as you claim. Rather Saraki is being prosecuted by the Federal government over asset declaration. So I don't see how EFCC can influence Umar in any way.

Honestly, I rather prefer Saraki defend himself and clear him name since he claimed not guilty instead of using all these delay tactics.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by Ratello: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
epistleNow:

That is democracy!!!
Unlike the one practised by PDP
Who told you that? undecided this is simply a system of government put in place by the "bigger monkeys" to catch the "smaller monkeys" and on rare occasions to teach the "stubborn and wayfaring bigger monkeys" some lessons.....this case will drag on till Supreme Court says otherwise unfortunately, no military tribunal to dish out justice to the evil thief called Saraki. Democracy my brown balls....
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by xmasgift: 4:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Angelb4:

We don't shield criminals like the PDP does. Grow up bro, we're in CHANGE. Corrupt politicians quivering...

Bros, I totally disagree with you. It's not about party. It's about the individuals. APC and PDP are same but some individuals are morally upright and have good intentions for the entire populace. Very few of them though and no, Saraki is not one of those individuals.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by epistleNow(m): 6:24am On Apr 28, 2016
Ratello:

Who told you that? undecided this is simply a system of government put in place by the "bigger monkeys" to catch the "smaller monkeys" and on rare occasions to teach the "stubborn and wayfaring bigger monkeys" some lessons.....this case will drag on till Supreme Court says otherwise unfortunately, no military tribunal to dish out justice to the evil thief called Saraki. Democracy my brown balls....

You have all rights to think this way, cause that's what we had seen in times past.

But be assured my friend, it wouldn't continue same way.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by helpee(m): 7:42am On Apr 28, 2016
Dakad:

I'm neither for Umar nor for Saraki. I'm for justice. My point is clear, Umar might not have moral justification to preside over any case if he's been indicted by EFCC. However, Saraki doesn't have moral right to ask him to handover the case. Reason being that in a sane society Saraki should have resign long ago to clear his name. Though any accused person is innocent until proved guilty but he shouldn't have dragged that highly exalted office to such a mess. Moreover, Saraki is not being prosecuted by EFCC as you claim. Rather Saraki is being prosecuted by the Federal government over asset declaration. So I don't see how EFCC can influence Umar in any way.

Honestly, I rather prefer Saraki defend himself and clear him name since he claimed not guilty instead of using all these delay tactics.
while i dont want to keep arguing over this issue but tell me, how do you want saraki to clear his name when he is telling you that the judge is already biased against him? Meaning no matter how he proves his case, the judge body language shows he is only going to go against him. You dont clear your name before your enemy. You clear your name before a neutral person. Who is prosecuting the case before CCB? Is it attorney general or EFCC yet you say it is federal govt. Efcc is under who? State govt i guess. You guys should leave politics aside. You want to force saraki to defend himself before a court he knows he will be surely pronounced guilty and you think that is justice. Delay tactics? Do you know it is better for a guilty man to escape than for innocent man to be punished. Justice must be seen to be done and if saraki says this judge is biased against, change him. That is the way the law operates. Like i earlier argued, saraki may orr may not resign but that is a moral issue since he cant use his position to alter justice directly anyway but umar case is not a moral issue, he must give way for justice. He is the one presiding over this case so his resignation from this case is statutory for iustice.
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by charlesucheh(m): 7:50am On Apr 28, 2016
Diversion! diversion! Diversion!!! That's what is all about, THE AGONY OF A DROWNING MAN!!!
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by charlesucheh(m): 7:55am On Apr 28, 2016
Atittude:
Of course, the CCT chairman should remove the speck from his eyes before removing the speck from another person's eyes.
HEY! Was that the issue before Now I know you are a great fan of SARAKI, but him diverting attention to frivolous things isn't just a good idea by him and his legal team, it only shows that he is running out of ideas!!!
Re: CCT Trial: You Have No Power To Try Me – Saraki Dares Tribunal Judge by kosokoadeyemi: 8:09am On Apr 28, 2016
Ok let wait&see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tree Falls On Emeka Beke's Car On His Way To Work In Port Harcourt. Photos / "FG Bought Mansions For Nnamdi Kanu Abroad" - Uwazuruike Says / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.