Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,095 members, 7,957,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow (9513 Views)

University Of Lagos (UNILAG) To Establish Refineries / Striking Non-academic Staff Warn Unilag To Postpone Convocation / 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by olamds(m): 7:56am On Apr 28, 2016
STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT ((SUG)) has been Resolved To Student Union ((SU))....And Most. School Management Determines The SU Presidents..........Just To Weaken The Union Effectiveness When It Comes To Fighting For Right By The Student Union........God Bless Nigeria And Save Our Institutions......
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Blaqsmith(m): 8:04am On Apr 28, 2016
Odunsco01:
.....also a student of AAUA department of comp science to be precise
bro please have you heard any info lately about d resumption issue?
Not at all bro. And the SU is not helping matter with their recent show of shame on the social media.
I'm from the Faculty of Law. Nice meeting you
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by charlesucheh(m): 8:05am On Apr 28, 2016
deri4luv1:
What is Nigeria turning into, ASUU NDU branch just went on strike over unpaid salaries since January, poverty and commotion everywhere,, Buhari should Resign Biko
the end part of your write up stated what your problem really is!!! #buhariisyourproblem.
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Northboy(m): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2016
NANS will only complicate the issues and the students will have to sign more re-absorbtion forms and oaths. Some will be expelled along the way and others will be under watch. So, take care of what you do at the protest else what happens in A.B.U. 2006/2007 will happen in UNILAG.

1 Like

Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by danfidel01(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2016
I second this motion fully....
....and I really like what these NANS guys are doing....
They just helped we UItes in fighting for us until the dead end and victory was ascertained.....
KUDOS TO NANS NIGERIA
ALUTA CONTINUA till
VICTORIA ASCERTA
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Odunsco01(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Not at all bro. And the SU is not helping matter with their recent show of shame on the social media.
I'm from the Faculty of Law. Nice meeting you
,.....you welcome bro...... I saw thier bullshits on facebook i don't just knw what the fucking hell is wrong with the AAUSU leaders..... Lets just resume first!
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Blaqsmith(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2016
Odunsco01:
,.....you welcome bro...... I saw thier bullshits on facebook i don't just knw what the fucking hell is wrong with the AAUSU leaders..... Lets just resume first!
Yea. Resumption first. Three weeks at home doing nothing no be beans.
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Odunsco01(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Yea. Resumption first. Three weeks at home doing nothing no be beans.
seriously!
I heard they havin a meeting with the V.C on 4th of may i jsut pray we resume latest on may 8th
but with the meeting scheduled for 4th of may can resumption be possible on 8th?
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Nnachuka(m): 8:33am On Apr 28, 2016
asuustrike2009:
U guys should think of your studies as that is your primary concern.
would we study in strife
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by sunch(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2016
It would have been an easy ride for the mgt of unilag to call their threat a bluff. But with lasuites involvement, and not NAN, I will rather not see lasuites protest. IG should take note, not CP.
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by RUBYRUBY(f): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2016
Do whatever it takes.
We can't be trampled upon like ants, we are in a school where our welfare is not their priority...
Issues of electricity.
As a girl I cook, I don't have the luxury of buying food. We are allowed to use only hot plate. So no light no food, please don't make us starve..

Gst make up exams where cancelled without genuine reasons and kept over a thousand student from graduating.
Our SUG has d power, they have been given the power. Please maximise it. Speak for the masses.

An angry direct entry student with no carry over yet had an extra year because of GST.....
Please help us.
#iStandWithUlsu
#iStandWithNANS
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by kernigsloan: 9:49am On Apr 28, 2016
deri4luv1:
What is Nigeria turning into, ASUU NDU branch just went on strike over unpaid salaries since January, poverty and commotion everywhere,, Buhari should Resign Biko
I hope u knw that NDU is a STATE university
Y re u blaming Buhari?
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by obayaya(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2016
KingTom:
You will get yourselves in more trouble and then you'll still sign more undertakings. Dialogue is the best way just simple dialogue and if you must protest please do it peacefully don't go around like rabid dogs destroying everywhere. We wish you the best of luck

If the students don't protest, they sign away their rights forever..

For God's sake, the first protest was peaceful.. But the VC felt too important to address the students.

ASUU can go on strike for months and not be proscribed by the FG. Why proscribe the SU for protesting Peacefully for a day?

The undertaking is an infringement on the rights of the students. And Prof. Ramon Bello just started something he cannot finish.

#LASU.. those boys no dey smile
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by bebu: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2016
NANS should b well equiped incase our uniform men and woman misbhave because during our daz it was not like dis
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Pamelayoung: 10:27am On Apr 28, 2016
Pls let me finish my program b4 you pple shut down the school, I had to coff out half a million of my hard earned money to pay my fee.
#plsULSU
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
Though have graduated. I support the students. #RestoreULSU
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Pamelayoung:
Pls let me finish my program b4 you pple shut down the school, I had to coff out half a million of my hard earned money to pay my fee.
#plsULSU
What is this one saying? Which program what half a million?
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nnachuka:
would we study in strife
People were there before you and they met similar situation. Students are at the receiving end when this menace occur
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Bankyshinani(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
dis one wey lasu don chook mouth, d protest go get as e go be o.... I believe lasu students sha dem like protest pass as small pikin like breast milk
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by Eleniyan15: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
We lasuite no get tym for now, we never finish but will gallant dey una back, sum colleagues re ready.

ALUTA CONTINUA
Re: Unilag To Be Shut Down Tomorrow by seanwilliam(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
Eleniyan15:
We lasuite no get tym for now, we never finish but will gallant dey una back, sum colleagues re ready.

ALUTA CONTINUA
nyc gesture lasu, #iperceive spirit of unionism

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Students Protest Over Strike, Bring Vehicular Movement To A Stop / Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine / Can I Go For Masters Degree With A Cgpa Of 2.93?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.