Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day (5379 Views)

Happy World Day For Safety And Health At Work, 2017 / Attention Corpers And Health-care Workers!!!!: Phony Medical Reports / Clearance Sale On Health At Micostar Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Omooba77: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2016
The annual World Day for Safety and Health at Work promotes the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally. It is an awareness-raising campaign intended to focus international attention on the magnitude of the problem and on how promoting and creating a safety and health culture can help reduce the number of work-related deaths and injuries. This year, “Workplace Stress: a collective challenge” is the theme.
United Nations' International Labour Organization in her 2008 paper release described Workplace Stress as a “global epidemic" and this year’s World Safety and Health at Work day, celebrated every April 28 is dedicated to champion this cause. The theme of this year’s commemoration is “Workplace Stress: A Collective Challenge” and is aimed at emphasizing the increasing need for urgent and pragmatic actions to tame the growing monster in workplaces – Workplace Stress.

According to Health and Safety Executive (HSE), United Kingdom Workplace Stress is defined as "The adverse reaction people have to excessive pressures or other types of demand placed on them at work." Workplace Stress has been identified to contribute to about half of all lost work days, thus making it a huge challenge to every establishment.
Research has shown that the line separating work from life is becoming more and more difficult to identify. Generally psychosocial risks such as increased competition, higher expectations on performance and longer working hours, are contributing to the workplace becoming a more stressful environment.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Omooba77: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Many young men and women are dying to work stress related issues; wake early ,spend hours in traffic and sleep late. Weekends we are in one function, church or the other. The 'life of work' is longer than human life; let's be wise. God will keep us all

4 Likes

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Socagenie: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2016
Nice and informative post. More of these threads should make FP

1 Like

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Lattop(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2016
No safety and health day here in Lagos factory and if u think am lying ask people working at Tower alm. Ayokunnu bread, wahum
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by secnelly: 10:34am On Apr 28, 2016
Informative.

Sorry for derailing.

Good day everyone.

Thank you for checking in.
This might be an opportunity you've been craving for, please be patient as you read through.

He is a graduate of Pure and Industrial Chemistry, Second Class honours, Upper division from a reputable institution in Nigeria and works in a Plastic Manufacturing firm.

He wishes to use this medium to reach out to all Nigerians willing to employ experienced hands in their Plastic manufacturing firm and/or willing to add value by employing quality hands to their Plastics manufacturing line.

You're most welcome!!!

I am here with 4 years experience in Plastic processing and have been privileged to work directly with Indians in different fields; about 5 of them managing 30 blow moulding machines, 10 PVC extrusion lines and 20 Injection machines with other plastic processing machines, within these 4 years and have as well gathered wealth of experiences which will be useful in your organisation if you employ me.

I possess sound leadership qualities and can deliver favorably beyond expectation with minimum supervision.
This is to mention but a few.

I will be available for a chat if you deem it fit that i should be part of the winning team in your existing, new or soon-to-be-established' plastic manufacturing institution.

A pm or silent quote in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and God bless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2016
I Hope Lebanese,Indian and Chinese firm in Nigeria adhere to this.
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by TrollTrap: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2016
I'm stressed cos everyday is a world "something" day....

The other day was world pancake day...who pancake epp angry angry angry
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by beniprince93(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2016
Somtin i wonder, is it dat everyday in the world has a special name and funtionality

Just asking tho...
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by jerryunit48: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2016
Yeah we did ours yesterday with our Boss calling us all and gave some vital safety informations for over an hour

1 Like

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by mindfreaks(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2016
End time safety.....
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Bari22: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2016
Then when is really my world day to celebrate fantastic me?
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by emmaak2(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2016
NOT IN NIGERIA
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Osama10(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2016
Most of the ranting we would hear today is just lip service.They don't care about the workers.

Same Routine every year.
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Allwility: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2016
Safety First. Our aim: an incident free workplace.

Here's one of my favorite safety quotes:

"We choose to have zero injuries. We choose to have zero injuries this day and do this, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, because we care for ourselves and others too."
S. Farnham, SafetyManager, Contrack, International

1 Like

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2016
am i safe... mak I con check
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Rotimisegun: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Nobody z safe undecided
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Echelle(m): 10:52am On Apr 28, 2016
Proud HSE & NEBOSH holder...
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Presbulg(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2016
Safety first

grin

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by adedam007(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by legendte(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2016
This path if explored would create lots of jobs.
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by SafetyFirst(m): 11:22am On Apr 28, 2016
SafetyFisrt...

1 Like

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by saintfaculty(m): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Ergonomics cool
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Lilimax(f): 11:51am On Apr 28, 2016
Safety is every body's buisness smiley
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by jazinogold(m): 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
also play safe.....its good for your health and safety!

use your seat belt when climbing okada!

wink
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by spartoo: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
The federal government and even th NLC don't even compel these Chinese, Lebanese and all the other Asian miscreants to adhere to these safety laws.

undecided
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by princessbecky(f): 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lattop:
No safety and health day here in Lagos factory and if u think am lying ask people working at Tower alm. Ayokunnu bread, wahum
Safety day going on @ Apm terminals Apapa (HSE)
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Here are pics of unsafe acts created by workers who @times may be @ fault or maynot be blamed for dia actions just because they try to meet up with targets etc.

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
And this risky one. Just because of Konji cheesy cheesy

Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
saintfaculty:
Ergonomics cool
cool yea.... That's what i wanna study for masters
Re: 28 April World Safety And Health At Work Day by bezimo(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Safety first.
No one gets hurt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection / 10 Health Benefits Of Jackfruit / Lagos Discharges 33 Coronavirus Patients Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.