Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria (669 Views)

Africans Reacts To Donald Trump's Statement About Black People(photos) / Femi Fani-kayode Releases Statement About The Presidential Election / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by jesuseun1(m): 4:31am On Aug 09, 2009
I was listening to US secretary of state ,hilary Clinton,on her recent visit to kenya,when she said "Nigeria is the 6th largest producer of crude oil but the country still import fuel",she does not understand why it is so,neither do I too as a citizen.it is a sorry situation.

I dont understand why we cant explore and refine our fuel,why cant our refineries work?why cant we implement our budget well?why cant we generate our electricity? we have all the dams,gas ,wind and sunlight.but still we can only generate around 3megawatts of electricity. we indeed need God to help us,we cant continue like this ,read more on www.uniqueseunadeagbo..com

as part of contribution to Nigeria rebirth,visit my blog,www.uniqueseunadeagbo..com

reply dis post with ur email,if u want to receiving my free weekly truth series.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by Yorubaman2: 4:47am On Aug 09, 2009
Why the hell should I visit blog for all I know u could be a fanatic trying to recurit jihadists or sorry if u r trying to look 4 traffic sorry can't help you
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by jesuseun1(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2009
yoruba -man ,its not about the traffic,look beyond that,after all its not putting anything in my pocket,while i refer to my blog is that i have more series posted there for u to read.lets try not to react to posts,but rather respond.thats where re branding starts from.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by nex(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2009
Little Seun, you seem not to have any answers to the questions people always ask, so what can I possibly gain from going to check out your weblog?

Anyway, if you live in a very busy area, go to your window and look out. Those masses moving around going to and fro, they are the ones that have landed us in this cycle of crude export and fuel import. Look at them very well. They are the cause of fuel scarcity.

Secondly, I want you to turn on your TV set, tune it to AIT and you will see some people on a program called Kakaaki. Those are the touts that have deceived the masses into believing the lies that make them fight against refining crude oil in Nigeria.

A couple of years ago, when the government wanted to deregulate the price of petroleum products (ie stop fixing the price of petroleum products), we saw these union presidents on AIT lying that a litre of crude oil can be sold for less than N33 so Nigerians should fight to make sure the government continues to control the price of petroleum and not leave it alone. At the point when crude oil was $129 per barrel, 1 litre of crude was therefore $1 which was equivalent to about N127 back then. This is raw crude in a barrel, not yet transported, not yet refined, not yet profit priced, not yet taxed. However, the leaders of the Nigerian Labour Congress tell the masses that they can make it happen at N33 and they believe. They pressure the government not to deregulate. Now tell me which company will like to build a refinery in a country where they'll buy crude for A current price of N78 per litre and sell the refined product for N65.

Okay, Dangote said he may be able to do it somehow. Partner with some other heavy weights in the oil industry buy the refineries, fix them up and refine this crude. But surprisingly, the NLC pressed their remote control again and the masses went against it. 2 years later what has happened? MAKE UNA CARRY UNA REFINERIES CHOP DEM! We are the ones punishing ourselves.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by blacksta(m): 8:45am On Aug 09, 2009
@Nex

In most cases deregulation is a good thing in any part of world as it increases competition amongst companies thereby lowering cost of products and goods for the consumes but in the context of the Nigeria where unemployment is at a high and labour is cheap . The new deregulated prices will cause further hardship for the already struggling masses.  I wish i had a solution.

It is also in the pyschology of an average NIgeria that as we produce oil i am entitled to it at a lower cost . Cheap petroleum is about the only thing left that the masses hold on to thereby any plans to increase the price of the petroleum goods is resisted.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2009
I'm going crazy.why is nothing working in nigeria?nothing!!!
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by nex(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2009
All these americano people like Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Obama to remove the iroko from their eye before talking about the splinter in ours. The USA produces three times the amount of crude oil that Nigeria produces, yet they import refined fuels from Venezuela too. So I really don't know what is making this woman sweat in the nyash.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by nex(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2009
Without deregulating the energy sector completely, we will never have adequate supply of fuel and electricity. Never!
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by blacksta(m): 11:03am On Aug 09, 2009
nex:

Without deregulating the energy sector completely, we will never have adequate supply of fuel and electricity. Never!

No doubt / But some underlying factor needs to dealt with . An enabling environment will need to in place to counter effect the rise of the fuel.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by nex(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2009
Look, we deregulated the Telecoms sector and prices went high. But did we die?
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2009
We should stop using this phrase 'enabling environment' The interesting thing is that most people that use that phrase are dissatisfied and harshly critical of public sector  management of fuel supply and delivery systems and yet their only solution is for government to pump more money into a failed system. How exactly does that one work?

We simply need a complete deregulation and privatisation of the downstream sector. With the profit incentive paramount it would be in the supplier's interest to ensure that fuel is available to the final consumer and his own cash flow and profit forecasts will then determine whether to refine crude oil in Nigeria, or to buy fuel from outside Nigeria.With competition fuel would be available to the consumer at close to opportunity cost.

It should not simply be about the government investing in huge infrastructural projects, or spending billions of Naira on turnaround maintenance, for reasons of nationalistic pride, when such projects can be handled more economically, efficiently and effectively by the private sector.
Re: Us Secretary,hilary Clinton Statement About Nigeria by nex(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
@tensor777

may blessings shower on you for your understanding of how things should be run.

If we had waited for "enabling environment" before we could have good telecommunications services in Nigeria today, then I would not be posting this message on Nairaland via GPRS today. Thank God for lack of enabling environment that the GSM companies operated in.

The way NITEL is today, that is how NEPA is, the same way the Refineries are, no different from the condition of the Universities are.

We must deregulate.

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Drop A Curse For Mr President / Nigerian Army Prepare For Bloody Showdown In Niger Delta! / Top American Journalist Arrested For 'Yahoo Yahoo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.